• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
DK64 carried the torch that was lit by the previous DKC games...

...into a god**** waterfall.

Sorry, Numa. We have our opinion on DK64, too. To me, it was a craptastic collect-a-thon that falls into same niche as games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and other generic platformers. It was a bland experience marred by a crappy camera, poorly implemented game mechanics (oh, yes. Swapping out with a Kong and using their SUPER COOL abilities to get past UNINSPIRED puzzles was so innovative. Yes, I was being sarcastic), and redundancy. It also didn't feel like DKC; it seems Rare was trying too **** hard to ape off of Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie's success rather than going with that old school Donkey Kong feel.

And before you tell me that I didn't finish the game, well...I did finish it. From beginning to end. I probably should have had a smaller pain threshold like Wiseguy. :laugh:

Oh, and Numa? Again, I don't even wanna see you TRYING to debate with Wiseguy about his potential roster or even Black Shadow. You wanted to put the Happy Mask Salesman in Brawl. You wanna talk about lame...

COME ON.

Smooth Criminal
Tell that to GameSpot.

http://www.gamespot.com/search.html...vert&om_clk=search&qs=Donkey+Kong+64&x=36&y=6

Numa Dude

Smash Lord

Sorry, Numa. We have our opinion on DK64, too. To me, it was a craptastic collect-a-thon that falls into same niche as games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and other generic platformers. It was a bland experience marred by a crappy camera, poorly implemented game mechanics (oh, yes. Swapping out with a Kong and using their SUPER COOL abilities to get past UNINSPIRED puzzles was so innovative. Yes, I was being sarcastic), and redundancy. It also didn't feel like DKC; it seems Rare was trying too **** hard to ape off of Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie's success rather than going with that old school Donkey Kong feel.

And before you tell me that I didn't finish the game, well...I did finish it. From beginning to end. I probably should have had a smaller pain threshold like Wiseguy. :laugh:

Oh, and Numa? Again, I don't even wanna see you TRYING to debate with Wiseguy about his potential roster or even Black Shadow. You wanted to put the Happy Mask Salesman in Brawl. You wanna talk about lame...

COME ON.

Smooth Criminal
Since you actually finished the game I'll let that slide but your continual insult of my HMS love is getting ridiculous.

I know that the happy mask salesman being in is a dream
Keep in mind that this is all my opinion and I don't even suspect him to be in I was just throwing the idea out there because I thought it was interesting and apparently some people like the idea and some people hate it.
I KNOW HE WON'T GET IN!
I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO SAY HE HAS A SMALL CHANCE!
I know he has slim to none chance of being in brawl this thread is for the idea of him not his chances for the billionth time
These are all direct quotes by me from the HMS thread. Since the very first post in the thread I admited he had low chance. You have no right to insult me for something that is an opinion. Now if I had made that thread and was talking about how he is guarenteed then I would deserve to be flamed but when someone wants an unlikely character and admits it then they should not be flamed for that. In fact I think it should be a forum rule.

Arteen

Smash Lord
But GameSpot's always wrong! (Except for their TP review, but they fired that guy. Proper reviews do not belong on GameSpot!)

I agree with Smooth Criminal. While that game was fun, it was marred by many of the issues he described. It was a good game, but not a great one. And for the record, I beat it from beginning to (nearly) the end, except I never did beat the final boss. :(

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I should punch you in the groin. DK64 was a great game. You just sucked at it so you gave up like a baby.
It wasn't hard, it was just tedious to the point of insanity. DK64 was all about collecting colored bananas and coins, so you could unlock more characters to collect more colored bananas and coins, so that you could reach more colored banana and coin filled areas. I like games to be fun, not force me to work.

The only reason Ferro's moveset was so good was because it was so ungodly long and detailed. The K.Rool movesets don't go into such ridiculous detail and because of that look inferior. The fact is K.Rool has many moves from his games that can be translated into original attacks in brawl. If you want I can show you my moveset (which only does B attacks because A attacks are generic physical moves anyway).
I've seen more detailed movesets than Ferro's, but few as inspired. Having Midna/Wolflink tag team would be incredibly new and unique, maybe almost as much as Olimar.

But I would still like to see your K.Rool moveset.

What I'm saying is that people have different perceptions of what other people say. I take Sakurai's comments as if he doesn't care about popularity at all. You take it as if he doesn't hold it as his highest concern.
Alright, I suppose that's fair. But subjective interpretation of an offhand comment does not concrete evidence make.

Those fans are fans because they can see past a characters looks. The people who hate Tingle do so because he looks "gay". The people who hate K.Rool do so because he looks like "a bowser rip-off". The same can be said for BS. People only hate him because he was killed by Deathborne. In the end though it's not the idiotic 12 year old's who are making this game. It's a grown Japanese man.
Yes, but there are still people who like K.Rool, Tingle and even Waluigi for whatever reason. I am being entirely serious when I say I have never, ever seen anyone say anything positive about Black Shadow other than the fect that he would give added representation to the F-Zero series.

You obviously are to biased on this point to ever give up. BS has his fans. Just because they have a different opinion than you does not mean they don't exist.
I've yet to see one post where someone says anything remotely positive about the character. Find me one example of a Black Shadow fan and I'll shut my trap.

COME ON.

Smooth Criminal
PREACH IT BROTHA!

One of the requirements of working at Gamespot is that every employee must take a daily dose of stupid pills.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: 8.8
vs.
Wario Ware Smooth Moves: 9.0

Metroid Prime 3: 8.5
vs.
Perfect Dark Zero: 9.0

Super Smash Bros Melee: 8.9
vs.
Donkey Kong 64: 9.0

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: 8.8
vs.
Wario Ware Smooth Moves: 9.0

Metroid Prime 3: 8.5
vs.
Perfect Dark Zero: 9.0

Super Smash Bros Melee: 8.9
vs.
Donkey Kong 64: 9.0
Your point? All those games are friggin' awesome! :)

Reviews on Donkey Kong 64:
IGN- 9/10
Gamespot- 9/10
EGM- 8.37/10
Nintendo Power- 8.6/10

Other reviews from companies I've never heard about:
Game Revolution- B+
Gamers Europe- 9.5/10
Nintendo Gamenet- 9/10
Netjak- 9/10
Electric Playground- 8/10
Gaming Target- 9.1/10

I suppose all of them were taking stupid pills? xD

So...need I say more? o.o

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
It wasn't hard, it was just tedious to the point of insanity. DK64 was all about collecting colored bananas and coins, so you could unlock more characters to collect more colored bananas and coins, so that you could reach more colored banana and coin filled areas. I like games to be fun, not force me to work.
>_> I still think I should punch you in the groin.

I've seen more detailed movesets than Ferro's, but few as inspired. Having Midna/Wolflink tag team would be incredibly new and unique, maybe almost as much as Olimar.
Both of those characters just happen to be ones I don't like.:dizzy: Really the only original thing I see with a Midna Wolf Link combo is the quadreped thing which is covered by Ivysaur.

But I would still like to see your K.Rool moveset.
B- Musket- Fires a single Cannon-ball sized shot from his musket. It makes a big explosion on impact that does alot of damage but the attack is very slow and has alot of lag so if you miss you are ****ed.

B Side- Blind Furry- K.Rool closes his eyes and runs foward while furiously punching. This move leaves K.Rool open from behind but since he is so big and he moves fairly quick while doing this move you need good timing. When he stops he skids for a little bit which can end with him falling off the stage. He autimatically grabs the edge though so you don't die. This move is a homage to the part in his 64 fight when he gets a light stuck on his head and can't see.

B Up- Kingly Kape- K.Rool uses his cape to catch an updraft to pick him up. Can not glide due to his weight but is invincible while going up he can also be used as a platform while going up to help a falling teammate.

B down- Orange Grenade- K.Rool tosses an orange grenade from DK64 that explodes when it hits an enemy. Sometimes it can be a dud that does one damage with no explosion or knockback.

Final Smash- King Krusha Uppercut- K.Rool dissapears and reappears in front of one random opponent uppercutting them. There is no telling where or when he will strike so it is incredibly difficult to dodge and does considerable damage. This is also taken from his 64 fight.

Alright, I suppose that's fair. But subjective interpretation of an offhand comment does not concrete evidence make.
I agree. Which is why I have more evidence like Sakurai's other comment about any character can make it into this game.

Yes, but there are still people who like K.Rool, Tingle and even Waluigi for whatever reason. I am being entirely serious when I say I have never, ever seen anyone say anything positive about Black Shadow other than the fect that he would give added representation to the F-Zero series.
Black Shadow has a cool costume. There you go, one good comment about Black Shadow.

I've yet to see one post where someone says anything remotely positive about the character. Find me one example of a Black Shadow fan and I'll shut my trap.
I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan but in the event he was confirmed on the Dojo I would be happy.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
finally wiseguy you kept a list AND are keeping it the same. i like this list a lot. i sill think you're nuts for having takamaru on your list but oh well. and i absolutely died when i saw the captain falcon picture, lol. good job.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
what hes saying is that gamespot gives terrible reviews. You know for a fact that melee was far better then dk64 and yet look at the ratings gamespot gave them. another example: warioware is fun but most deffenetly not better then tp.
I see. And yes, I know Smash Bros. is the best game ever, but its not like all those great games got horrible ratings or anything.

This doesn't stand out? Melee is a 13 on the scale and it was beat by Donkey Kong 64... ... ... they weren't just taking stupid pills... they OD on them.
We're talking about a .1 difference here. Doesn't mean we need to crucify Gamespot for it. ...Should we? xD

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Both of those characters just happen to be ones I don't like.:dizzy: Really the only original thing I see with a Midna Wolf Link combo is the quadreped thing which is covered by Ivysaur.
But together they aren't just a quadrsped, but a quadraped magic user who can teloport and fight with a giant hand of goo.

B- Musket- Fires a single Cannon-ball sized shot from his musket. It makes a big explosion on impact that does alot of damage but the attack is very slow and has alot of lag so if you miss you are ****ed.

B Side- Blind Furry- K.Rool closes his eyes and runs foward while furiously punching. This move leaves K.Rool open from behind but since he is so big and he moves fairly quick while doing this move you need good timing. When he stops he skids for a little bit which can end with him falling off the stage. He autimatically grabs the edge though so you don't die. This move is a homage to the part in his 64 fight when he gets a light stuck on his head and can't see.

B Up- Kingly Kape- K.Rool uses his cape to catch an updraft to pick him up. Can not glide due to his weight but is invincible while going up he can also be used as a platform while going up to help a falling teammate.

B down- Orange Grenade- K.Rool tosses an orange grenade from DK64 that explodes when it hits an enemy. Sometimes it can be a dud that does one damage with no explosion or knockback.

Final Smash- King Krusha Uppercut- K.Rool dissapears and reappears in front of one random opponent uppercutting them. There is no telling where or when he will strike so it is incredibly difficult to dodge and does considerable damage. This is also taken from his 64 fight.
That's a solid moveset, and very true to the DKC games to boot. But really, how is the Musket and Orange grenade that different from Snake's rocket launcher and grenade throw? Plus, the cape and Blind Furry attacks (while pretty cool) don't strike me as THAT unique. I agree he would be a solid addition, but there are just so many more unique supporting characters competing for a slect few spots.

I agree. Which is why I have more evidence like Sakurai's other comment about any character can make it into this game.
Could you refresh my memory? I don't recall that one.

Black Shadow has a cool costume. There you go, one good comment about Black Shadow.
Congradulations! You are officially the first person to EVER say something good about Black Shadow. However, that still makes him the least liked Nintendo character in history.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan but in the event he was confirmed on the Dojo I would be happy.
If he were not from the F-Zero franchise, would you still feel that way?

finally wiseguy you kept a list AND are keeping it the same. i like this list a lot. i sill think you're nuts for having takamaru on your list but oh well. and i absolutely died when i saw the captain falcon picture, lol. good job.
Thanks.

I see. And yes, I know Smash Bros. is the best game ever, but its not like all those great games got horrible ratings or anything.

We're talking about a .1 difference here. Doesn't mean we need to crucify Gamespot for it. ...Should we? xD
Yes. Yes we should. They deserve nothing less.

EDIT: I agree with Falcon Master! You're on notice Gamespot!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
But together they aren't just a quadrsped, but a quadraped magic user who can teloport and fight with a giant hand of goo.
Quadreped-Ivysaur
Magic User- Zelda
Teleport-Mewtwo and Zelda
Hand of goo- YOUR MOM!

That's a solid moveset, and very true to the DKC games to boot. But really, how is the Musket and Orange grenade that different from Snake's rocket launcher and grenade throw?
**** I didn't think of that. Oh well I just got to make some adjustments. Behold my new K.Rool B and down B.

B-Musket- K.Rool takes out his musket and takes aim. Depending on how long you aim one of several things can happen. 1. A boxing glove can shoot out, 2. a giant red boot can shoot out or 3. A klap trap can shoot out which will latch on to opponents and do damage over time.

Down B- Kremling skream- K.Rool screams and makes an intimidating face which can screw up an opponents controlls if they look him directly in the eyes.

What do you think of that?

Plus, the cape and Blind Furry attacks (while pretty cool) don't strike me as THAT unique. I agree he would be a solid addition, but there are just so many more unique supporting characters competing for a slect few spots.
K.Rool ain't no supporting character. He's a villain which is a hell of alot more important than some sidekick like Midna.

Could you refresh my memory? I don't recall that one.
It's another of Samurai Panda's translations.

Congradulations! You are officially the first person to EVER say something good about Black Shadow. However, that still makes him the least liked Nintendo character in history.
>_>

If he were not from the F-Zero franchise, would you still feel that way?
....................... I still think he's likely.

Alphanova

Smash Cadet
I really liked your list Wiseguy, all your points were valid and made good sense. I was really happy to see Micaiah on your list, she'd make for a good spell caster, which, brawl is really lacking.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Quadreped-Ivysaur
Magic User- Zelda
Teleport-Mewtwo and Zelda
Hand of goo- YOUR MOM!
All those things might not be that unique by themselves, but together the character would be one of a kind.

And leave my mom out of this... or she'll crush you with her hand of goo! :mad:

**** I didn't think of that. Oh well I just got to make some adjustments. Behold my new K.Rool B and down B.

B-Musket- K.Rool takes out his musket and takes aim. Depending on how long you aim one of several things can happen. 1. A boxing glove can shoot out, 2. a giant red boot can shoot out or 3. A klap trap can shoot out which will latch on to opponents and do damage over time.

Down B- Kremling skream- K.Rool screams and makes an intimidating face which can screw up an opponents controlls if they look him directly in the eyes.

What do you think of that?
The musket seems cool (mostly because of the clap trap) but I'm not too sure where you got the Kremlin scream from. What game did he use it again?

K.Rool ain't no supporting character. He's a villain which is a hell of alot more important than some sidekick like Midna.
I would argue that anyone expect the main protagonist of the series (ie: Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, ect.) is a supporting character - villains and sidekicks (if you want to call Midna that..) alike. Irregardless, I would rather have a "sidekick" as a playable Brawl character if they are a more unique addition to the roster.

....................... I still think he's likely.
SUUURRREEE you do... ;)

I really liked your list Wiseguy, all your points were valid and made good sense. I was really happy to see Micaiah on your list, she'd make for a good spell caster, which, brawl is really lacking.
Thanks Alphanova. I completely agree about Miciaiah.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
All those things might not be that unique by themselves, but together the character would be one of a kind.

And leave my mom out of this... or she'll crush you with her hand of goo! :mad:
Combining old things together uniqueness does not make.

The musket seems cool (mostly because of the clap trap) but I'm not too sure where you got the Kremlin scream from. What game did he use it again?
In some of the 64 cutscenes he would scream at his idiotic underlings and show his ugly mug to the camera. I translated that into an intimidation move.

I would argue that anyone expect the main protagonist of the series (ie: Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, ect.) is a supporting character - villains and sidekicks (if you want to call Midna that..) alike. Irregardless, I would rather have a "sidekick" as a playable Brawl character if they are a more unique addition to the roster.
Well some sidekicks are more important than villains (Diddy for example) but most villains are more important to the story than sidekicks. For example, Zant is much more important to the story of TP than Midna (he IS the reason the game happened after all).

SUUURRREEE you do... ;)
>_>.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Combining old things together uniqueness does not make.
Actually, I think it does in some cases. You have to look at the character by itself, not just a sum of their parts. A flying/sword fighter character like Metaknight is unique from either a flying or a sword fighting character because, when you combine the two you get something entirely new gameplay wise.

In some of the 64 cutscenes he would scream at his idiotic underlings and show his ugly mug to the camera. I translated that into an intimidation move.
Eh. A stretch, if you ask me. You could take any character and asign a made up moveset. Why do we need K. Rool in particular?

Well some sidekicks are more important than villains (Diddy for example) but most villains are more important to the story than sidekicks. For example, Zant is much more important to the story of TP than Midna (he IS the reason the game happened after all).
Arguable. Both are central figures in the plot (the story wouldn't have progressed without her either) and Midna is the more prominent of the two as she is present throughout most of the game. She also has a much greater potetnial for a unique moveset.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Actually, I think it does in some cases. You have to look at the character by itself, not just a sum of their parts. A flying/sword fighter character like Metaknight is unique from either a flying or a sword fighting character because, when you combine the two you get something entirely new gameplay wise.
Well you got me there but do those things really make Midna seem new gameplay wise?

Eh. A stretch, if you ask me. You could take any character and asign a made up moveset. Why do we need K. Rool in particular?
Because he is a main character in his series of origin. This goes back to my many rants about reps failing. Major characters should come before minor characters despite series of origin.

Arguable. Both are central figures in the plot (the story wouldn't have progressed without her either) and Midna is the more prominent of the two as she is present throughout most of the game. She also has a much greater potetnial for a unique moveset.
The game wouldn't have happened withought Zant but Midna could have died and Link would still have to quest. Also Midna having more movset potential than Zant is debatable.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well you got me there but do those things really make Midna seem new gameplay wise?
I think so. Combine the unique movement of a quadraped with both Midna's magic and Wolf Link's canine attacks and I think you'd have a character unlike any other.

Because he is a main character in his series of origin. This goes back to my many rants about reps failing. Major characters should come before minor characters despite series of origin.
This is sort of the same quibble as I have with Black Shadow. The only reason both are even cosnidered Brawl contenders is the series they are from. To me, that's just not good enough. To be a shoe-in for Brawl the character should be both important to their series AND a unique addition to the roster - esspecially if the series in question already has reps in the game.

The game wouldn't have happened withought Zant but Midna could have died and Link would still have to quest. Also Midna having more movset potential than Zant is debatable.
The story could have happened without Zant just as easily. Ganondorf could have found another puppet. But without Midna setting him free, Link would still have been chained up in that cage.

EDIT: And I'd like to see a moveset for Zant that's more unique than Midna/Wolf.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think so. Combine the unique movement of a quadraped with both Midna's magic and Wolf Link's canine attacks and I think you'd have a character unlike any other.
But would that uniqueness be worth adding in a one off sidekick like Midna over a more important character?

This is sort of the same quibble as I have with Black Shadow. The only reason both are even cosnidered Brawl contenders is the series they are from. To me, that's just not good enough. To be a shoe-in for Brawl the character should be both important to their series AND a unique addition to the roster - esspecially if the series in question already has reps in the game.
You make it seem like people only want them because of their series which isn't my point. My point is that series importance is the most important factor. Everything else takes second fiddle to that and that includes moveset uniqueness potential. We should add important characters with less moveset potential before we add less important characters with alot of moveset potential.

The story could have happened without Zant just as easily. Ganondorf could have found another puppet. But without Midna setting him free, Link would still have been chained up in that cage.
Zant however was the only Twili who still had emotions and desires. It was these things that allowed Ganon to come back which is why Zant was the only one who could do it. If there was no Midna in the game then the developers would have made him escape some other way.

EDIT: And I'd like to see a moveset for Zant that's more unique than Midna/Wolf.
Is that a challenge?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
But would that uniqueness be worth adding in a one off sidekick like Midna over a more important character?
Yes. I'd rather have a fun and unique fighter who's FAIRLY important to her respective series than a more important character who is less fun and unique.

You make it seem like people only want them because of their series which isn't my point. My point is that series importance is the most important factor. Everything else takes second fiddle to that and that includes moveset uniqueness potential. We should add important characters with less moveset potential before we add less important characters with alot of moveset potential.
I have to disagree. Idealy, a character should have both. But I'd rather Brawl have the most diverse and unique roster possible than filled with characters who are technically more important to their respective series.

Zant however was the only Twili who still had emotions and desires. It was these things that allowed Ganon to come back which is why Zant was the only one who could do it. If there was no Midna in the game then the developers would have made him escape some other way.
And the developers could have made Ganon come back some other way.

Is that a challenge?
You don't think so? Read Ferro's moveset again.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Yes. I'd rather have a fun and unique fighter who's FAIRLY important to her respective series than a more important character who is less fun and unique.
Well what you would rather isn't what would happen (thankfully) This is a game about Nintendo all stars so obviously Nintendo all stars (like K.Rool) will be the first to get in.

I have to disagree. Idealy, a character should have both. But I'd rather Brawl have the most diverse and unique roster possible than filled with characters who are technically more important to their respective series.
If a character should have both why are you arguing against K.Rool (a very important character with a ton of unique moveset potential)? He is much more important to his series than Midna and has just as much moveset potential as her.

And the developers could have made Ganon come back some other way.
They also could have made Link a homosexual black lady. Where were we going with this?

You don't think so? Read Ferro's moveset again.
I accept the challenge and will have the moveset by the end of the week.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well what you would rather isn't what would happen (thankfully) This is a game about Nintendo all stars so obviously Nintendo all stars (like K.Rool) will be the first to get in.
Well, if series importance trumps unique gameplay, why did Ice Climbers (a character from a single NES game that isn't even considered to be very good) get in Melee over the likes of Wario and Diddy Kong?

If a character should have both why are you arguing against K.Rool (a very important character with a ton of unique moveset potential)? He is much more important to his series than Midna and has just as much moveset potential as her.
I guess becuase I don't agree with that statement. Here's how I see it (rough estimates, obviously):

K. Rool-
Series Importance: 9.5/10
Uniqueness: 5/10

Midna-
Series Importance: 6.5/10
Uniqueness: 10/10

(If it looks like I'm being hard on K. Rool's uniqueness score its becuase his only claim to uniqueness is that you can give him a cool, made up moveset from scratch. Midna, however, would be easy to create a moveset taking moves right from her game.)

They also could have made Link a homosexual black lady. Where were we going with this?
Beats me. I'm arguing that both Zant and Midna are central figures in the plot of Twilight Princess.

I accept the challenge and will have the moveset by the end of the week.
I shall look forward to it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wiseguy i've seen your marth debate and i have to tell you something (Not that i will try and change your ways but...)

See the Ness situation was a more logical one because it was replacing an older Character that sakurai has wanted gone since Smash 64 with a "Newer" More interesting one to a series that has only had one rep throughout it's entire series, From what we have seen Ness and Lucas play very similar.

Now i want you to look at Fire Emblem; It got 2 Reps from the first time the series was represented and both lords were highly played as unlike Ness (Especially marth.) Consider how he was also popular enough to rank 11th on the Broll Newcomer poll AND Get in? He's also the first lord out of an 11 Series game who has had 3 Of them as HIS Altogether.

Now think what is senseble; Replacing a very old character with hardly any importance etc And giving the moveset to someone who can easily have it.

Now then what about FE? Killing both of it's 2 Lords off For 2 "Lesser" Lords in the series and giving marth's moveset to a guy from a 20 Year old game who has less popularity then marth; Does that REALLY Make a lot of sence for the series or is sensible in any way or form? The Ness situation was logical to bring in someone with a great moveset who ranked high on his polls (Claus.) And do what he has always wanted to do, Your logic about FE Would be like killing off Fox and Falco and then putting Krystal and Wolf to please the "Adventure/Assult/Command" Fans and then putting in Sukapon to replace Fox's old moveset.

Is that logical at all? If they were going to have him replaced by marth they would have said so in the update; If marth is the marketing dumby then it's very obvious why they revealed him first; I'm not saying that Marth is 100% Confirmed but he is quite close to that level and you should add him on (Even through you are not fixing this list anymore.) My point is just that it's not really a smart decision for the Developers because they will Anger many japanese fans that way, Get a character that hardly many now to take his moveset; And put two characters in for sheer fanservice; Sure michiah is unique but WHO Says FE Can't have 3 Reps ? FYI It has done shockingly well in the U.S. And has even gained a lot more popularity in japan, So what would be so bad about sakurai putting in Michiah Ike and Marth eh? For that it would be like Adding Krystal (Unique like michiah.) Keeping the "Marth" (Fox.) And adding an extra one which is Ike (Wolf or Falco.)

See? It makes total sence for market advertisement seeing as they will be ALSO The 3 Newest lords when brawl comes out (Well afterwards...) So there is a lot into that that could blast off FE Into a higher ranking then it was before like how Melee advertised it, There is not really a sensible way to cut it down to 1 Rep as it highly can easily have 3 as i have explained (With my rant.) Also if your going to scream "NESS" How i already killed how that one was "Logical" It should also be noted that they picked the most recent one instead of ninten and Ness Lucas and Ninten are so similar were as Ike and Marth...Ok go get a freaking picture of them all four NOW And compare the differences between ike and marth and then Lucas and Ness, Lucas is practically a rip off of ness and Marth has a totally different playstyle with only 2 Moves different from Ike.

Also just because sakurai likes Takamaru doesen't mean much; Heck Little Mac was his 2nd Favorite game as Takamaru's game was his 3rd and Little Mac got AT'D! Consider how Sukapon managed to rank 1 On the melee polls and was suppose to be in melee and is rumored to have ranked higher then takamaru; He's a likely canidate instead since he brings more to the table.

So the chances of him getting replaced by takamaru are slim to none seeing how Takamaru is already QUESTIONABLE While Whereas Marth highly deserves to come back and Michiah for Newcomer to fit the bill well, You do the math this time AND THINK IT.

And you want to now what would sell more copiues of radiant dawn and marth's game? PUTTING MARTH IKE AND MICHIAH IN BROLL.

/End rant.

BTW Still a nice list, I Just had to get that rant out :p.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, today's update is pretty great. And here I thought the Brawl team was just going to ignore the prime series completely. The music is nice too.
And yesterday's update was also nice... Team event matches are awesome..

That's strange, getting good updates like this. It almost feels like before the boring updates started. I wonder if this is just a fluke, or if this means we've finally gotten through the bad updates... I mean, the Japanese release is about a month or so away...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah... You have Isaac, which is of course awesome... but no Marth? Come on? Are you still holding onto the ignorant view that Ike has replaced Marth?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Yeah... You have Isaac, which is of course awesome... but no Marth? Come on? Are you still holding onto the ignorant view that Ike has replaced Marth?
No, hes moved onto a new theory that Takamaru will relace Marth. Maybe next week he'll think that Fierce Diety Link will replace Marth >_<

Top Bottom