• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
STOP!

ARGUEMENT TIME!

LOVE THE NEW PICTURES AND CAPTIONS. I made the Mario Super Soaker line my MSN person quote.

First off, IMO, Simon will not get in for the simple fact they are limited in third parties. They will want to rep as many people as they can, if not so that they have them on their side for the next, Sakurai-less Smash.

Yes, PT counts as three. He counts as one rep, yes, but he still takes three movesets and therefor must be treated that way in accordance to the fourty programming time limit set. However, I expect Rukario to replace Mewtwo, due to Popularity, Movie(Granted, Mewtwo had his own movie, but Rukario's movie is much more recent and fresh in the minds of many).

No Shiek. I don't see why everyone thinks she has such a high chance. She lacks a large amount of plot importance, large amounts of popularity or support in comparison to other characters, in addition to being a transformation of OoT Zelda and not TP, which while it does not rule her out, as seen that characters have many things that negatate series canon, does at least lower her chances. I EMPLORE you to at least add an **OR** with her to either Vaati(Who, even not on your list, should really be reviewed in the "Not quite good enough to make it section), Skull Kid or *Cringe* Tingle.

I think you might as well add an **OR** for Marth to Micicah and Black Knight's area. There isn't really much of a reason to cut him. However, I wouldn't say he is in 100% for sure over BK/Micicah.

Also, Meatknight for brawl! <_< >_> <_< >_> Yes, I know you fixed that, I saw. Just like to say that now.

Feel free to show me countering of my points said earlier.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Snake! Snake?! SNAAAAAKE!

Non-melee smashes FTW.

Seriously, this has the potential to turn Brawl on its head. So many explosives, so many tactics.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Indeed, so i guess all the characters confirmed from now on will be unlocables, and Sakurai sayd he would update the site with secret characters eventually.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I think this list is significantly worse than the earlier one, and I don't understand how I'm alone on this. Must be because there are so many idiots.
It's not the leaving out of Lucario I mind. It's the completely illogical assumption that there won't be any more Pokemon newcomers. Pokemon IS Nintendo's second biggest franchise. You may argue that LoZ is bigger, but you would then be talking out of your arse.
To not include ANY playable Pokemon out of the 342 released AFTER Red and Blue is beyond the realm of comprehension. Ruby and Sapphire sold a combined total of 13 million copies. Does that mean NOTHING?
Diamond and Pearl have sold probably about 10 million thus far.
Is that irrelevant?
I think not.

Could you elaborate on why you put Sheik on the list? I mean, it's nowhere near confirmed. Aonuma said he submitted a chracter model for the potatoe, but that only means the potatoe is in Brawl in SOME form. For all we know, it could be an AT.

Isaac's chances are overrated, and I think that's just based on the influence of a steady stream of loony fanboys. But I don't know enough to make a judgment. I'd argue against Sukapon, but he's too adorable. :(

However, the WORST flaw is Geno. Yes, you read it right, Geno. I have never believed that Geno has any right to be in Brawl. And over Paper Mario? Seriously? A supporting character in an old game next-to-nobody remembers? Versus the star of 3 critically acclaimed and financially successful games? This is just more fanboy delusion. Your list has been ravaged by fanboys, and I can't describe the level of disgust I'm feeling. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this list is significantly worse than the earlier one, and I don't understand how I'm alone on this. Must be because there are so many idiots.
It's not the leaving out of Lucario I mind. It's the completely illogical assumption that there won't be any more Pokemon newcomers. Pokemon IS Nintendo's second biggest franchise. You may argue that LoZ is bigger, but you would then be talking out of your arse.
To not include ANY playable Pokemon out of the 342 released AFTER Red and Blue is beyond the realm of comprehension. Ruby and Sapphire sold a combined total of 13 million copies. Does that mean NOTHING?
Is that irrelevant?
I think not.

Could you elaborate on why you put Sheik on the list? I mean, it's nowhere near confirmed. Aonuma said he submitted a chracter model for the potatoe, but that only means the potatoe is in Brawl in SOME form. For all we know, it could be an AT.

Isaac's chances are overrated, and I think that's just based on the influence of a steady stream of loony fanboys. But I don't know enough to make a judgment. I'd argue against Sukapon, but he's too adorable. :(

However, the WORST flaw is Geno. Yes, you read it right, Geno. I have never believed that Geno has any right to be in Brawl. And over Paper Mario? Seriously? A supporting character in an old game next-to-nobody remembers? Versus the star of 3 critically acclaimed and financially successful games? This is just more fanboy delusion. Your list has been ravaged by fanboys, and I can't describe the level of disgust I'm feeling. :urg:
Yeah, this person basically said he hates everyone good and loves horrible people that suck...

Shuma

Smash Hero
"ersus the star of 3 critically acclaimed and financially successful games?"

That's the only valid point in his whole post, and that's debatable.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this person basically said he hates everyone good and loves horrible people that suck...
Well, I KNOW you're a lunatic, as demonstrated by your irrational support of Porygon-Z.
Basically, I hate fanboys who are insulated from reality.
I make no judgment on whether they are good people, merely on their sanity and powers of logic. Oh, and prove to me why Geno deserves to be a PC in Brawl. I have NEVER seen a good argument, other than the popularity one. But WHERE?! WHERE DID IT COME FROM?!!!
"ersus the star of 3 critically acclaimed and financially successful games?"

That's the only valid point in his whole post, and that's debatable.
Why don't you actually answer me, instead of just calling me an idiot, you pretentious fanboy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I KNOW you're a lunatic, as demonstrated by your irrational support of Porygon-Z.
I make no judgment on whether they are good people, merely on their sanity and powers of logic. Oh, and prove to me why Geno deserves to be a PC in Brawl. I have NEVER seen a good argument, other than the popularity one. But WHERE?! WHERE DID IT COME FROM?!!!

Why don't you actually answer me, instead of just calling me an idiot, you pretentious fanboy.
What is reality...answer that question flawlessly and you have even an ounce of cedibility...

...Personally I have never seen a good argument why Geno should NOT be in Brawl

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Porygon-Z makes sense, actually. Porygon was in Smash Bros, and its evolution Porygon 2 was in Melee. Makes some degree of sense that, as the only pokemon which carried over an evolution into Melee, that Porygon Z might show up as a Pokeball in Brawl.

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet

I would like to point out your so called "3 critically acclaimed games" could NOT of existed without Geno. Super Mario RPG started the Paper Crap(Mario) series.

Paper Mario 1 was originally titled Super Mario RPG 2 at one point.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Is that irrelevant?
I think not.

I'd agree that there is one or two flaws I don't particularly agree with (Midna as an "or" and Geno), but, for the most part, I have no problems with the list. If anything is seriously wrong with it, it's the short-coming of characters.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hey Wiseguy, with Snake's update you definitely need to use a new pic for the most badass video game character! And I think we all know the one you should use, hehe. I would really like to see your caption for it!

Oh, and I liked the changes you made on the list (except Lucario but I wont be on your case), it was fun to reread...

Arteen

Smash Lord
I would like to point out your so called "3 critically acclaimed games" could NOT of existed without Geno...
...or any of the other supporting characters in the game. Geno is just a single supporting character in the game.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and prove to me why Geno deserves to be a PC in Brawl. I have NEVER seen a good argument, other than the popularity one. But WHERE?! WHERE DID IT COME FROM?!!!
If you can explain to me why the Ice Climbers have enough merit to be in, but Geno doesn't, I may agree with you. Nana & Popo don't even have the popularity argument ;)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, keeping in mind that this is going to be a different game than Melee, you still have to look back at some of the characters that were on that roster. Jigglypuff, Pichu, and even (dare I say it) Falco are all supporting characters from their respective games. So what? It isn't their role in the game that matters; it's how strong of a character they are as a whole.

You see, Geno demonstrated more importance than any other character in SMRPG, including Mario, to a degree. Not only that, but his character was, and still is, extremely original and likeable.

Squabbles like this are entirely irrelevant, however, to the situation at hand. Why get upset over something that we really know nothing about? It's not like Sakurai would remove Ridley from the game (assuming he's in) to make room for Geno. All of the important characters will be there. Don't you worry. ;)

EDIT: I just realized that Ridley is actually a supporting character in the Metroid series, as well.

I don't know if I'm a fanboy, but did I answer your question well enough? :laugh:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Well, keeping in mind that this is going to be a different game than Melee, you still have to look back at some of the characters that were on that roster. Jigglypuff, Pichu, and even (dare I say it) Falco are all supporting characters from their respective games. So what? It isn't their role in the game that matters; it's how strong of a character they are as a whole.

You see, Geno demonstrated more importance than any other character in SMRPG, including Mario, to a degree. Not only that, but his character was, and still is, extremely original and likeable.

EDIT: I just realized that Ridley is actually a supporting character in the Metroid series, as well.
What differentiates Geno from the rest is that he is a supporting character in just a single Mario game. Jigglypuff, and Pichu are supporting characters in the Pokemon series. Falco is a supporting character in the StarFox series. Ridley is a supporting character and main recurring antagonist of the Metroid series.

Geno would represent Super Mario RPG: a single game. He's hardly a character that's fit to represent the Mario series when compared to Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, DK, and Wario.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
After some careful consideration, I have realized that Geno is in the same boat as Midna...

Plot central character of their game (aka the story couldn't have happened without them.)
One game wonder.
Great potential for future releases.
Very popular among fans of the franchise (Midna has a lot more backing though because there are more gamers today than there were back when SMRPG was out.)

Just about the only things Midna has going for her over Geno is:
1) Female
2) Possible quadruped-based moveset (if she's teamed up with Wolf Link.)

Both of these, though not irrelevant, are minimal bonuses.

Therefore, I no longer can claim that Geno doesn't deserve to be in Brawl as I would have to make the same assumption for Midna. I can, however, say that I would rather he not appear as there are others I would like to see first.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well in the LOZ franchise the games dont feature previous character outside of the Triforce 3 and *cough* Tingle so that isn't really a fair argument.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
What differentiates Geno from the rest is that he is a supporting character in just a single Mario game. Jigglypuff, and Pichu are supporting characters in the Pokemon series. Falco is a supporting character in the StarFox series. Ridley is a supporting character and main recurring antagonist of the Metroid series.

Geno would represent Super Mario RPG: a single game. He's hardly a character that's fit to represent the Mario series when compared to Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, DK, and Wario.
While in Falco's case I can certainly agree with you, but Pokemon, on the other hand, I can only shy from. If Nintendo turned around and released SMRPG Red, Blue, and Yellow versions along with every other color of the rainbow, then and only then Geno would be on the same terms? I don't think that playing a role in multiple Pokemon games really speaks for that much, because half of them are the same game made over and over and over again.

But yeah, Falco does represent a major supporting role in the series, so I can definately see where you're coming from there.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
To the Geno thing: His chances are waaaaay out there. Let's list them.

He's Third Party. There's only room for the best of the best in this small group, and though I hate to say it, Geno is a bit of a has been. Like a child actor, he hasn't seen any action for decades and was only in ONE Mario game let alone...

Only been in ONE game. Only one. I'd think he had chances if he had his own series, but c'mon. He's a throwaway character to a Mario RPG that came out decades ago.

He's Square. Hate to repeat it but, c'mon. If there's one team that won't get buddy buddy with Brawl, It's Square. Not that they hold a grudge, they just have Sony's iron grip arond their throats.

He's a SECONDARY character. If he had his own game, maybe. But he's a secondary, third party character. It's like putting in, well, Waluigi. And Waluigi isn't third party and has been in more (and more recent) games then Geno.

No Good Moveset. I wouldn't be an expert on this, but I haven't seen one single Geno Moveset ever. Ever.

'Nuff said.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
To the Geno thing: His chances are waaaaay out there. Let's list them.
Sure, let's.

He's Third Party. There's only room for the best of the best in this small group, and though I hate to say it, Geno is a bit of a has been. Like a child actor, he hasn't seen any action for decades and was only in ONE Mario game let alone...
Actually, there's only room for the characters that Sakurai wants to put in, but that also applies to all aspects of the game, not just the third-party characters.

Only been in ONE game. Only one. I'd think he had chances if he had his own series, but c'mon. He's a throwaway character to a Mario RPG that came out decades ago.
Okay . . . hmmm. Marth? Pit? Shiek (especially Shiek)?

He's Square. Hate to repeat it but, c'mon. If there's one team that won't get buddy buddy with Brawl, It's Square. Not that they hold a grudge, they just have Sony's iron grip arond their throats.
If I recall correctly, Squ-enix is making games for all consoles. Now, I might be mistaken, but Sony's grip appears to be slipping. If anything, Square has Sony by the balls, because Microsoft would be eating PS3's and crapping 360's if Sony didn't have Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (or basically any other title Square's ever made for them).

They are their own company. They can do whatever they please.

Besides, they've let Nintendo use him yet again as a (tiny, mind you) cameo appearance.

He's a SECONDARY character. If he had his own game, maybe. But he's a secondary, third party character. It's like putting in, well, Waluigi. And Waluigi isn't third party and has been in more (and more recent) games then Geno.
The difference between Geno and Waluigi is vast. Geno has a story. He has a great character design. Waluigi has . . . a height advantage?

No Good Moveset. I wouldn't be an expert on this, but I haven't seen one single Geno Moveset ever. Ever.
Try the Official Geno Thread, plenty of movesets there. I believe it's somewhere toward the top of the list and shouldn't take long to find.

'Nuff said.
True 'dat.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sure, let's.

Sure lets!

Actually, there's only room for the characters that Sakurai wants to put in, but that also applies to all aspects of the game, not just the third-party characters.

Yes except if there were only 3 1st party slots who do you think would be getting in? Link or Skull Kid?

Okay . . . hmmm. Marth? Pit? Shiek (especially Shiek)?

1. Like i said in franchises that regularly change main character that argument doesn't really have a place... and he is 1st party AND he has appeared in 2 main games in the series 2. retro... RETRO... ****ING RETRO!! 3. Half a character that was a main aspect of a new game... thats like arguing that Mario shouldn't have the flood.

If I recall correctly, Squ-enix is making games for all consoles. Now, I might be mistaken, but Sony's grip appears to be slipping. If anything, Square has Sony by the balls, because Microsoft would be eating PS3's and crapping 360's if Sony didn't have Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts (or basically any other title Square's ever made for them).

They are their own company. They can do whatever they please.

Besides, they've let Nintendo use him yet again as a (tiny, mind you) cameo appearance.

Except Sega and Capcom have had a much more healthy relation ship with Nintendo... over recent years... and in the past.

And they are still much more Sony than Nintendo... but that should be changing soon XD

The difference between Geno and Waluigi is vast. Geno has a story. He has a great character design. Waluigi has . . . a height advantage?

Yes but Waluigi also has 8+ more games than Geno and is much more recognized (Sadly...).

Try the Official Geno Thread, plenty of movesets there. I believe it's somewhere toward the top of the list and shouldn't take long to find.

Well in one of his move sets he er... could... um... throw bombs or something? XD

True 'dat.

Chew dat!
^^ L00K IN DA QUOTE MANS!

Who here getting My sims? (What all the on topicness is in the quote)...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
To the Sheik: I HATE HIS/HER'S/IT'S/POTATO'S LIVING GUTS! I want Sheik to be nerfed, just for fun, then kicked out of brawl after being thrown into a pit of vicious Nintendogs. Then, have the corpse brought back up, burned, then use the ashes as the sand for the sandbag.

But honestly, Wisey, your list's a mess. Seriously. You took down Sonic. SONIC! Sonic is one of the only characters that I am over 9000% certain will get in Brawl. Then you add in the pink funky dude. Whatever. And you keep Geno!? And add all of theese 'I'll play it safe' **OR**s? And then, you have the indignation to put SHEIK on the list! W! T! F! Wiseguy, I can't see you, but if you have a gun to your head type "I love me some pineapples" then we can send help, because the Wiseguy I know is WISE, in fact; Strip the Wise out of your name. From now on you are guy.

So, dear guy. I strongly suggest that you restore the list to it's natural beauty. Replace Geno with the Ice Climbers and It's all good. Just reset the list and stop it with the wimpy **OR**s.

'Nuff said.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
To the Sheik: I HATE HIS/HER'S/IT'S/POTATO'S LIVING GUTS! I want Sheik to be nerfed, just for fun, then kicked out of brawl after being thrown into a pit of vicious Nintendogs. Then, have the corpse brought back up, burned, then use the ashes as the sand for the sandbag.

But honestly, Wisey, your list's a mess. Seriously. You took down Sonic. SONIC! Sonic is one of the only characters that I am over 9000% certain will get in Brawl. Then you add in the pink funky dude. Whatever. And you keep Geno!? And add all of theese 'I'll play it safe' **OR**s? And then, you have the indignation to put SHEIK on the list! W! T! F! Wiseguy, I can't see you, but if you have a gun to your head type "I love me some pineapples" then we can send help, because the Wiseguy I know is WISE, in fact; Strip the Wise out of your name. From now on you are guy.

So, dear guy. I strongly suggest that you restore the list to it's natural beauty. Replace Geno with the Ice Climbers and It's all good. Just reset the list and stop it with the wimpy **OR**s.

'Nuff said.
Problem is, I think he's a bit disheartened. His list has suffered blow after blow straight in the jaw with no respite, and in light of the latest developments, even Sheik seems to be coming back, so he can't, despite his preferences, leave even him/her/it/potato out. This claudication has probably eroded the will of our dear Wisey more than a bit. Give him a few days to get over it, and he'll probably do reset the list as you suggest :p

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Yes except if there were only 3 1st party slots who do you think would be getting in? Link or Skull Kid?
Whoever Sakurai wanted to put in, which happens to be Link. Same thing goes for the third party characters, because I'm sure that if Kojima didn't come up to Sakurai, Snake surely wouldn't have made it into the game because of his 'popularity' (or at all for that matter).

1. Like i said in franchises that regularly change main character that argument doesn't really have a place... and he is 1st party AND he has appeared in 2 main games in the series.
Well, you may be right, but I could argue that he hadn't appeared in a SINGLE (one, uno, I, etc.) western release. Geno can at least hold a stick to that.

2. retro... RETRO... ****ING RETRO!!
What's wrong with retro? Everything retro eventually comes back in style. Geno's retro, for that matter. :p

3. Half a character that was a main aspect of a new game... thats like arguing that Mario shouldn't have the flood.
I don't really understand what you're getting at, here. :confused:

If you're comparing Shiek to Mario's water tool . . . then yeah. I suppose, but you just did a great job of pointing out how truly insubstantial Shiek is as a character.

Except Sega and Capcom have had a much more healthy relation ship with Nintendo... over recent years... and in the past.

And they are still much more Sony than Nintendo... but that should be changing soon XD
True, but at the same time, Sega and Capcom would just as soon develop games for Microsoft or Sony. Although, in my opinion, Sega has a much better chance of squeezing Sonic in than Capcom ever will have for Megaman. I just can't see Capcom letting anyone do anything with their 'precious'. Sega, on the other hand, has to be desperate at this moment to get Sonic into a good game.

And don't quote me on it, but I believe the only reason that they had chosen to develop mostly for Sony was because they offered the most powerful system at the time. Then, they chose the PS2 because it offered the easiest development tools to use. Now, they're starting to realise that Sony isn't pulling as much weight as they used to.

Yes but Waluigi also has 8+ more games than Geno and is much more recognized (Sadly...).
Sadly, yes. VERY sadly . . .

Chew dat!
Moo fat!

Top Bottom