• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, that's the rumor going around. I'd be surprised if Sakurai shunned the Ness fans like that, but general EB fans might still be okay with it. I'd be upset to see Ness leave; I certainly wouldn't lose sleep over it, though. =/

Copperpot

Smash Ace
The problem I tend to see with Smashers that play competitively is that they more-times-than-not fail to realize that balancing the game at that level could potentially ruin the game for the casual audience. Since the majority of players are of the casual persuasion, I can only guess that the game is primarily balanced around that category of play.

Take into consideration the thought that competitive play will most likely never be balanced. People will always find the characters that give them the edge and exploit it to all hell and back. There will always be characters that are just flat-out better for higher-end gameplay, and consequently, there will always be tiers.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Well it's a fact he worked on Mother 3 and yes he probably wouldn't cut a veteran, so maybe he'll add lucas :(.He has a chance in but hopefully we won't make it as he's just basically a Ness clone. If there has to be another Mother character I'm thinking he'll be it, or perhaps another character that's more original that appeared on Mother 3.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Honestly, the fact that F-Zero series might not get another rep, despite being much bigger than the mother series and having all it's games released outside Japan, makes me feel that the mother series doesn't really deserve another rep either. Earthbound is hardly bigger than many other series that will get stuck with ione rep such as the Pikmin series, so I don't really see why it deserves any more attention than them besides the fact that Ness has been in since the first smash, and there's a good chance he might be replaced by Lucas as that's what Sakurai originally planned.

Granted we don't know that F-zero isn't getting another rep, and mother characters did appear more prominently on the poll. But I don't see why the Mother series should get more rep than F-Zero, so if F-Zero is stuck with one rep, I think Mother should be too.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I dunno...I'm just hoping that, with Mr. Sakurai, Mr. Iwata, and HAL in general having worked on the Mother series and that Mr. Sakurai said in his column in Famitsu that they're putting in Mother 3 music that there exists a heightened bias for the incredibly awesome and generally underrepresented series.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Well yes, I now recall that Sakurai mentioned he would've replaced Ness with Lucas if had worked on Mother before releasing Melee. I'll agree Mother doesn't need more than 1.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It does sound like we'll be getting some Mother 3 music in Brawl, but I don't think that means we'll get another rep for the series and may just mean that Lucas is going to take Ness' place. I'm not really in a position to talk, but many say that Ness and Lucas are very familiar in style, though I also recall that not all of Ness's moves are his own. Still, I'm not to sure having both would be the best option if Sakurai does need another Mother rep.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Guess who's back? You can blow up his computer in a thunderstorm but the Numa Dude just keeps coming back. Anyway since I'm a week late I won't revive the Midna argument with my counter points because that would just be pointless at this point anyway now that we know that Goroh won't be playable that just increases the chance of the mean green killing machine Pico making the cut. Not only is he one of the original four racers along side the captain, Goroh and Dr. Stewart but he also single handedly caused the accident that made F-Zero what it is today. BTW Wisey since I know how reluctant you are to include characters with original movesets I say make Pico a snake clone since they are both military style hitmen. Oh and you forgot to mention the HMS is based off of Shigeru Miyamoto.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Guess who's back? You can blow up his computer in a thunderstorm but the Numa Dude just keeps coming back. Anyway since I'm a week late I won't revive the Midna argument with my counter points because that would just be pointless at this point anyway now that we know that Goroh won't be playable that just increases the chance of the mean green killing machine Pico making the cut. Not only is he one of the original four racers along side the captain, Goroh and Dr. Stewart but he also single handedly caused the accident that made F-Zero what it is today. BTW Wisey since I know how reluctant you are to include characters with original movesets I say make Pico a snake clone since they are both military style hitmen. Oh and you forgot to mention the HMS is based off of Shigeru Miyamoto.
I was worried about you man. After your lengthy absense, I assumed you lept out the nearest 12 story window when you learned that Goroh was an Assist Trophy...

Pico would rock, but I truly think that Goroh trophification (my latest contributuion to the english language) means that Falcon will be the sole rep for his (awesome) series. This probably means that the total roster is much smaller than we anticipated (perhaps 35 or so) otherwise, why would Falcon's main rival be a mere Pokemon?

I'll add the Miamoto thing ASAP.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I was worried about you man. After your lengthy absense, I assumed you lept out the nearest 12 story window when you learned that Goroh was an Assist Trophy...
I was going to but halfway up the building I realized Pico's chances increased because of this.

Pico would rock, but I truly think that Goroh trophification (my latest contributuion to the english language) means that Falcon will be the sole rep for his (awesome) series. This probably means that the total roster is much smaller than we anticipated (perhaps 35 or so) otherwise, why would Falcon's main rival be a mere Pokemon?
Maybe they decided that Pico is more worthy, maybe they couldn't think of a moveset to do him justice (They could have used mine I wouldn't have cared) maybe they where stoned maybe this is a crappy joke I don't know what the hell they where thinking when they decided to make Goroh an AT but the point is they did it and I think that just because they ****ed over one character doesn't mean they will **** over a whole franchise.

I'll add the Miamoto thing ASAP.
Cool, Here's hoping he makes it as an AT.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I was going to but halfway up the building I realized Pico's chances increased because of this.
That's good. Who else on Smashboards is going to debate with us Midna fans? ;)

Maybe they decided that Pico is more worthy, maybe they couldn't think of a moveset to do him justice (They could have used mine I wouldn't have cared) maybe they where stoned maybe this is a crappy joke I don't know what the hell they where thinking when they decided to make Goroh an AT but the point is they did it and I think that just because they ****ed over one character doesn't mean they will **** over a whole franchise.
I had almost the exact same thoughts...

I love the F-Zero series and I was more than a bit peeved when they deprived Goroh of his Brawl debute. I sure hope that they include Pico (or basically any F-Zero character OTHER than Black Shadow) but I think we should be prepared for the possibility that Falcon will once again represent his series on his own.

Cool, Here's hoping he makes it as an AT.
I'm down with that.

Speaking of which, I just UPDATED my Assist Troghy list with five more ideas. I want everyone to give me their opion as well as their own Assist trophy ideas.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wiseguy, I dig K. Rool (and despite the fact that I'd like to play as him, his chances as an AT are much better); there could be a random chance that he'll appear in one of his many costumes and attack accordingly. And I really like the Chain Chomp idea...a more spastic Scizor comes to mind.

Here are some AT suggestions of mine:

1. Fawful. I'd love to see him pop up, scream "I HAVE FURY!" and raze the stage with blasts from his headgear.

2. I want the Eggplant Wizard. If you've ever actually played Kid Icarus, no explanation is needed as to how annoying this fella can be. Besides, I've yet to see an eggplant rendered in 3D and it's high time that happens :laugh:

3. The Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan should definietly be an AT; I like the idea of them buffing the character that called them. As cool as Kahn is, I'd love to see Jay & Co. all pop out to cheer you on.

4. And how about Jill from Drill Dozer? More drills are always a plus in my book. I plugged her enough as an actual character, but reality says an AT is much more likely. I could see her picking a target a la Staryu and proceeding to drill them into next week.

5. Any of the Advance Wars COs could prove amusing, given the variety of special abilities they have. Andy's Hyper Repair could be useful indeed, for example.

6. Cult favorite Mike Jones of Startropics fame would be a great cameo, and he's just about the only non-Japan Nintendo character. He's got a plethora of usable items, though I'll bet his yo-yo would be implemented.

7. Ah, and here's an obscure one I've already plugged, how about Saki Amamiya, the combination lightsaber/blaster weilding protagonist of the long lost N64 game Sin & Punishment?

8. Finally, I've got to repeat a good one I read earlier--the Duck Hunt dog must be the Goldeen of the ATs. Ooh, who doesn't remember that dog's smarmy laugh...

So, along with the more obvious (but still good) suggestions like Metroids, Dry Bones, Darknuts and such other "generic" characters from the main franchises, I think the AT item really opens a door for lots of characters that would otherwise not appear in Brawl. So fans of the obscure rejoice!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy, I dig K. Rool (and despite the fact that I'd like to play as him, his chances as an AT are much better); there could be a random chance that he'll appear in one of his many costumes and attack accordingly. And I really like the Chain Chomp idea...a more spastic Scizor comes to mind.

Here are some AT suggestions of mine:

1. Fawful. I'd love to see him pop up, scream "I HAVE FURY!" and raze the stage with blasts from his headgear.

2. I want the Eggplant Wizard. If you've ever actually played Kid Icarus, no explanation is needed as to how annoying this fella can be. Besides, I've yet to see an eggplant rendered in 3D and it's high time that happens :laugh:

3. The Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan should definietly be an AT; I like the idea of them buffing the character that called them. As cool as Kahn is, I'd love to see Jay & Co. all pop out to cheer you on.

4. And how about Jill from Drill Dozer? More drills are always a plus in my book. I plugged her enough as an actual character, but reality says an AT is much more likely. I could see her picking a target a la Staryu and proceeding to drill them into next week.

5. Any of the Advance Wars COs could prove amusing, given the variety of special abilities they have. Andy's Hyper Repair could be useful indeed, for example.

6. Cult favorite Mike Jones of Startropics fame would be a great cameo, and he's just about the only non-Japan Nintendo character. He's got a plethora of usable items, though I'll bet his yo-yo would be implemented.

7. Ah, and here's an obscure one I've already plugged, how about Saki Amamiya, the combination lightsaber/blaster weilding protagonist of the long lost N64 game Sin & Punishment?

8. Finally, I've got to repeat a good one I read earlier--the Duck Hunt dog must be the Goldeen of the ATs. Ooh, who doesn't remember that dog's smarmy laugh...

So, along with the more obvious (but still good) suggestions like Metroids, Dry Bones, Darknuts and such other "generic" characters from the main franchises, I think the AT item really opens a door for lots of characters that would otherwise not appear in Brawl. So fans of the obscure rejoice!
All great ideas - my favorites being Eggplant Wizard and Duckhunt dog. EASILY two of the most annoying characters in Nintendo history.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I guess his parents don't want him talking to strangers on the internet. Understandable in today's world, I suppose. He says he will continue reading this topic though.

By the way, Jables: is it your new mission to most on EVERY thread? It seems like no matter where I go, there you are. :laugh:

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
here are some assists wiseguy

Rambi-run and trample people
petey-spit muk
space pirate- shoots and slashes
king wart- i dunno
kremling- walk and bite

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I guess his parents don't want him talking to strangers on the internet. Understandable in today's world, I suppose. He says he will continue reading this topic though.

By the way, Jables: is it your new mission to most on EVERY thread? It seems like no matter where I go, there you are. :laugh:
if you must know i am a computer virus infecting everyone who reads the threads i post on... jk

im actually the grim reaper

Copperpot

Smash Ace
My ideas for assist trophies:

Lakitu: Forms a cloud-like platform that players can fight on for a limited time. Lakitu slowly drifts around the stage until his cloud evaporates, leaving him helplessly plummeting to the deepest deeps.

The Great Deku Tree: A seed plants itself in the ground, and a couple seconds later, the Great Deku Tree bursts from the stage, quickly spewing out branches that rise upwards at an alarming rate. Players caught on these branches can be easily carried up to the heavens if they do not use their speed to maneuver their way back down to the ground.

Kracko: The static eyeball makes a shocking appearance, briefly floating across the stage while firing rapid, potent lightning strikes. Kracko drops a Co-Kracko before flying off into the skies. If Kirby swallows the Co-Kracko, he gains the ability to shoot a short-range bolt of lightning that shocks foes.

That's it for now!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Fawful would be hilarious to have appear, blast stuff and then fly away. And my goodness! Don't even get me started about the Eggplant Wizard, lol. Great choice for AT, though. Ouendan / EBA are a must, as far as I'm concerned. While it's unlikely that they'll be playable, I'd still like to see them in the game one way or another. I think Mike Jones could definitely make it in as a PC, though. Since Ness might be getting replaced by Lucas, Mike Jones could take over as the yo-yo-wielding Smasher. Mike Jones FTW! Haha, and of course the Laughing Dog is the perfect choice for an AT. I like your picks!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice

Lakitu: Forms a cloud-like platform that players can fight on for a limited time. Lakitu slowly drifts around the stage until his cloud evaporates, leaving him helplessly plummeting to the deepest deeps.

The Great Deku Tree: A seed plants itself in the ground, and a couple seconds later, the Great Deku Tree bursts from the stage, quickly spewing out branches that rise upwards at an alarming rate. Players caught on these branches can be easily carried up to the heavens if they do not use their speed to maneuver their way back down to the ground.

Kracko: The static eyeball makes a shocking appearance, briefly floating across the stage while firing rapid, potent lightning strikes. Kracko drops a Co-Kracko before flying off into the skies. If Kirby swallows the Co-Kracko, he gains the ability to shoot a short-range bolt of lightning that shocks foes.

That's it for now!
Nice Copperpot, props for Kracko! Now for some more!

1. Omega Metroid - I really miss this part of the Metroid saga; I always thought the Metroid evolutions were very cool and was happy to see this fella at the end of Fusion. I want to see him rampage!

2. Kamek - Sprinkles his magical growing dust on the character who released him. Better than a Super Mushroom!

3. Captain Syrup - Ah, Wario's original nemesis in greed. I could see her showing up and releasing the genie from Wario Land: SML3.

4. The Meta Knights - Metaknight's loyal squadron! 3 or 4 of 'em show up in random places and perform their various attacks.

5. Cranky Kong - He shows up and starts his trademark ranting...and anyone around him falls alseep. Think a longer Jiggs Sing.

OK, maybe I'll think of some more later :chuckle: Keep 'em coming!

Fawful would be hilarious to have appear, blast stuff and then fly away. And my goodness! Don't even get me started about the Eggplant Wizard, lol. Great choice for AT, though. Ouendan / EBA are a must, as far as I'm concerned. While it's unlikely that they'll be playable, I'd still like to see them in the game one way or another. I think Mike Jones could definitely make it in as a PC, though. Since Ness might be getting replaced by Lucas, Mike Jones could take over as the yo-yo-wielding Smasher. Mike Jones FTW! Haha, and of course the Laughing Dog is the perfect choice for an AT. I like your picks!
Thanks Aeris! Glad you liked my ideas. Seems the good ol' annoying Eggplant Wizard is pretty popular. I'd bet dollars to donuts he'll see the light of day as an AT.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
rambi is the rhino from dkc series

also a good assist can be king zing (also from dkc series)
Oh yeah... I guess it's been a while since I played the DKC games.:laugh:

Rambi is a good choice.

Rambi is a Rhino from the Donkey Kong series. Also,Wart's should blowing giant bubbles and putting foes in them,freezing them for a few minutes.
I've never played SMB2, but I agree that Wart is an excellent choice - given his important role in the series.

if you must know i am a computer virus infecting everyone who reads the threads i post on... jk

im actually the grim reaper
Does this mean I will die in seven days after reading your post?

That's it for now!
Funny, I don't rememebr Lakitu being so helpful in his past games... :laugh:

I love the Deku idea personally, though I wonder if he would be better suited as a permanent fixture in a stage.

What game series is Kracko from? Are these the same eyeballs that game me heck in Super Paper Mario?

good AT idea, kraid
One word: Awesome!

Nice Copperpot, props for Kracko! Now for some more!

1. Omega Metroid - I really miss this part of the Metroid saga; I always thought the Metroid evolutions were very cool and was happy to see this fella at the end of Fusion. I want to see him rampage!

2. Kamek - Sprinkles his magical growing dust on the character who released him. Better than a Super Mushroom!

3. Captain Syrup - Ah, Wario's original nemesis in greed. I could see her showing up and releasing the genie from Wario Land: SML3.

4. The Meta Knights - Metaknight's loyal squadron! 3 or 4 of 'em show up in random places and perform their various attacks.

5. Cranky Kong - He shows up and starts his trademark ranting...and anyone around him falls alseep. Think a longer Jiggs Sing.

OK, maybe I'll think of some more later :chuckle: Keep 'em coming!
Cranky Kong for the freakin' win, dude! Omega Metroid, Kamek and Captain Syrup are also great ideas. I'm thinking that the Meta Knights should be summoned for Meta's Final Smash...

By the way...

Is it just me, or is Midna looking even more probable after this update?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Kracko is from the Kirby series. He is the eyeball encased in a cumulus cloud, with some yellow spikes forming a ring around him.

What was the update today? I'm at work, so I can't check.
It's a new map: "the Bridge of Eldin" from Twilight Princess.

This area appeared in the Wii game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you’ve played that title, you ought to remember this place.

The terrain is flat. I mean, really flat.

And the enemy leader, King Bulblin, makes cameo appearances. Occasionally, he uses bombs to blast holes in the stage.

Run! It’s King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo!

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

Whoa! Just like the original game!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Ah! Sweet deal!

It was only a matter of time before it happened. With Link and Zelda now both modelled to match the newest addition to the series, it was inevitable that Sakurai would do the same for the stages. In Melee, though, they had a stage for Majora's Mask as well as some strange, floating version of Hyrule Temple. My guess is that we'll have this new stage, with another stage hand-crafted by Sakurai's team.

Any ideas on what the Kirby stages will be this time?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Ah! Sweet deal!

It was only a matter of time before it happened. With Link and Zelda now both modelled to match the newest addition to the series, it was inevitable that Sakurai would do the same for the stages. In Melee, though, they had a stage for Majora's Mask as well as some strange, floating version of Hyrule Temple. My guess is that we'll have this new stage, with another stage hand-crafted by Sakurai's team.

Any ideas on what the Kirby stages will be this time?
Yeah, I think that Sakurai will design a custom Zelda stage to go with the OoT song. Hopefully we get a WW stage too...

I'm not really into the Kirby series, so I honestly have no clue. However I'd like to hear other people's ideas. If it's good, I'll post it in my Stages list...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Agreed about Midna. Just seeing that portal gets me all giddy with the possibility of playing as her in Brawl. =)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I think Whispy Woods has been over-done to hell and back. The challenge is to find out where the next best place is. We already know that Metaknight's stage is aboard his ship, Halberd. That leaves us with a stage for Kirby and possibly one for Dedede.

My guess for Kirby's:
Float Islands: Two island platforms separated by a river tertiary. Different kinds of watercraft ranging from rowboats to a giant ship will periodically dock between them, providing a variety of additional platforms to fight on. As the boats dock, crew members (consisting of various generic Kirby enemies) will dump barrels, boxes, and planks into the water, leaving some unstable 'ground' to walk on when there are no ships parked there. Falling off of either side of the level (or between the islands) will lead to a watery grave.

My guess for King Dedede:
Mount Dedede: Gazing high into the sky, beyond the clouds, you spot a castle perched on a mountain top. Players start on the castle roof. There are small, rocky ledges (at the base of the castle) that players can stand on for a short time before the ground gives away, sending all fighters who lie in wait down a deadly mudslide. Weather ranges from gusty winds that can blast foes off ledges, to dense fog that hinders sight.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i like the float islands idea but they could also use something from the magic mirrors game. it would be the main area with all of the doors unlocked.

that or the prymid from kirby 64 or something from kirby canvas curse

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
How about something from The World of Drawcia (last stage in Canvas Curse)? You could have chaotic paint effects going off, Drawcia attacking with minions, etc.

As for Amazing Mirror, I'm thinking either Candy Constellation's boss stage (where you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand; yes, you heard me right), or the area where you fight Sauron Dark Mind.

Top Bottom