• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

mask man

Smash Cadet
i dont think that its becouse jiggly was kewl in the olden days that means he wont come back,i think jiggly will stay becouse of what i have said.
im trying to say this like how you say pikachu is still in since he is still with ash but instead how jiggly has bean crappy in the other games that means he should return.
but there is the possability that jiggly is replaced with an unknown char that sucks even more,or maby just make an old char as crappy as,if not crappier then jigglypuff,
probly a light weight,like kirby becouse they can be knocked off easier and if you add the all around crappyness,you get basicly a jigglypuff.but i dont see how they could make kirby crappy.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Looks like we called it, Wiseguy---you, me, Smash Daddy, Vali, Mendez, and just about 98% of the Smash Community.

Bowser is confirmed for Brawl.

This picture totally says: "Fox! Move it, you little mammal. I'm too badass looking to be low tier anymore." SMACK!

Bowser looks amazing. I know I sound like a drooling little fanboy, but his makeover is just too awesome.

Smooth Criminal
I laugh at the 2% that doubted the Return of the King (of the Koopas)...

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook will press Reset on a Gamecube? :ohwell:
Too bad SSBB will be on the Wii :laugh:
No, see, that particular Gamecube has a copy of Animal Crossing, which draws Resetti like a particularly angry fly to honey.

Vali

Smash Ace
Looks like we called it, Wiseguy---you, me, Smash Daddy, Vali, Mendez, and just about 98% of the Smash Community.

Bowser is confirmed for Brawl.l
**** right we did! I also called that Samurai Goroh won't be a playable character, so it's been a double whammy of win for me :grin:.

Wrath`

Smash Master

This picture totally says: "Fox! Move it, you little mammal. I'm too badass looking to be low tier anymore." SMACK!

Bowser looks amazing. I know I sound like a drooling little fanboy, but his makeover is just too awesome.

Smooth Criminal

Bowser definatly looks cooler then ever.

Here is another list

[Insert 40 random characters that would make you give this list a 10]

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'll update my list ponto. Let me just respond to a few things...

In light of the new update, I believe that the entire Melee playable cast will likely return in some form as either a playable character again, assist, or Pokemon. The assist character feature undermined much of my rationale for character and series representation in the game. For example, this and the Zelda update make it seem likely that Sheik will return as an assist character. The ICs, G&W, and other questionable returnees may become assist characters. Pichu will likely end up in a pokeball. I'll need to rethink my roster now.
Makes sense to me. I wouldn't mind seeing all the non-returning characters trophified.

I am most looking forward to Halo 3. Hopefully Bungie fixed or did away with everything they did wrong with Halo 2. I hope Halo 3 will be even half as good as Halo 1. Other than that (and the Big Three), there isn't much that I am looking forward to, at least from what has already been announced. I'm hoping to hear about a new Starfox, Mario Kart, or Golden Sun game. Maybe the third Banjo-Kazooie game as well (B-K in Brawl: if only...). I hope to see some exciting, new, original game at E3 too.
Wow, we've got a lotta Halo fans round these parts...

I agree with everything you said, esspecially the part about an all new game at E3. I'll love to see an entirely new Zelda/Metroid/Mario calibur franchise exclusive to the Wii.

It will be the last game in the franchise with Bungie as the developer, at least for a while. There's still Halo Wars, some project with Peter Jackson, I think some officially unannounced title, possible movie tie-ins if the movie is ever finished, and probably even more games in the series not-yet-concieved. The Halo train will be rolling down the tracks for a good time to come. :)
Yeah, like I said: Halo will never die (at least not as long as it's games continue to print money...)

I think I would rather wait for an entirely new Zelda, considering the series (in my opinion, and specifically the 3D portion) is in desperate need of (r)evolution. MM, WW, and TP all brought something new to the table, but they all play just like OoT and follow the same formula. I remember people complaining about Gamespot's "harsh" TP Wii review, but I agree with their general sentiments that the presentation is often outdated and the series has hardly changed.
Well, I can sort of agree with that sentiment. I mean, who doesn't want to see a whole new Zelda designed for Wii? But personally, I felt that TP was pretty much perfect in everyway (I didn't even find the graphical presentation outdated) so I'd much rather wait a few years for a straight sequel (with a new story and dungeons) than wait another eternity for the next completely new Zelda. But hey, that's just me.

Well, I love MM to death...probably moreso than OoT...So, if they can make TP2 (er...TPG?) as different and unique despite using the same assets as they did with MM, then I'd be all over it.

Bingo! That's exactly where I stand as well. Though I somehow doubt Nintendo will follow our advice...

Ya, I think this also means the Contribution Fist is more important than ever. Suddenly the viruses from Dr. Mario and Link's Uncle from ALTTP don't seem very far-fetched in terms of making an appearance. And, if they only take as much work as Pokemon do, then we'll probably see an equal or close number of Assist Trophies. Jeeze...
I. Can't. Wait. :chuckle:

Petey, chain chomp, hunters, Kiddy kong and kremlings, some kirby enemies, fe lords and retro for ATS

i just got an interesting bit of speculation from the rat in the confirmed character thread

in the pictures it looks like kirby transformed into hammer bros you think that might be possible

after he stated that i noticed that the update never mentioned kirby throwing the trophy instead he held it up high

wouldn't it be cool to control these at characters even if you only have one attack
I like your AT character ideas - but in none of the pics does it even hint that Kirby can absorb the abilities of ATs. It seems to me that holding up the trophy is simply how the item is activated...

Gah. I feel...empty.
Dammit.
ANY CHARACTER COULD BE NEXT! AAAAAAAGGHHH!
In other news, still no Metaknight.
GIVE US THE FRIGGIN' BIO ALREADY, SAKURAI!!!
GAH!!!
Metaknight? Who's Metaknight? All I know is BOWSER'S BACK, BABY!

Im sure the AT will be activated when grabbed, kinda like the cloaking device, once u grabbed it a character will be summon, but I doubt u will become the assistant, thus the wrod: ASSIST, in other words it helps u, so I doubt u'll transform, at least IMO I doubt...

CHAIN CHOMP FTW!!
Chain Chomp would be perfect! Great idea Stryks.

updates:
*Added assist trophy characters*
*Saw that I forgot DK completely*
*wiseguy mentioned ganon forgotten sorry*
*krystal will be put on the maybe a hope list cause I have no idea how she would play*
underline = maybe fighter*
*added mewtwo*
*italic= assist trophy*
*added pic for klonao he isnt very well known *

The following characters should be cut imo:
Marth(sorry but we have ike now)
jigglypuff(he was added in the first place cause he was popular in the show which is hated worldwide by anyone over 10)
Game&watch(don't freaking ask about this)
D.r Mario(unless he is changed from being a mario clone)
Roy(Sorry we got sothe now)

Characters that need to be revamped:
Luigi:make him own his own playing style such as EX: instead of fire let hi shot lightning balls as he did in the mario and luigi superstar saga game one)

Bowser:(just improve him please)

Link: (he needs more speed to compliment his power) he seems to have been revamped already but you never know.

Falco: give him his own fighting style more of an aerial fighter with most of his attack on the ground being(fast)setups for aerial combos.

Mewtwo: ok I don't know much about mewtwo but I know this he is very fast in pokemon and insanely strong with specials so I suggest he gets more devastating moves and his speed is tweaked a bit.

Ganon:needs sword. SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also must have TWP look.

Characters that should be nerfed imo (basically lower their strength)
Fox: give him slower animations than falco and mario link kirby and pikachu)
I might edit this later

Characters that should be in imo:
Pokemon:
lucario
Deoxys
Pikachu
mewtwo
pokemon trainer

Mario series:
mario
luigi
peach
bowser
wario
waluigi(maybe a assist I want him to be a character )
hammer bros
kuppa

Donkey kong series:
DK
Diddy kong
king K.rool
all other kongs as assist

Star fox:
Fox
falco
wolf
(slippy and peppy assist trophies)

Zelda series:
link
Zelda
Gannon
(see possible fighters)

Metroid:
Samus / Zamus (sheik play style - please dont have her wastes a metroid slot with zamus)
ridley
two of the hunters
(weavel and surge would be cool as assist trophies or characters )

Kid Icarus series:
Pit (nuff said)
Have no idea about assist trophy

Fire emblem series:
Ike
sothe
micccah
(marth ,epraim, roy as assist trophies)

Sonic series:
sonic(with shadow/tail/knuckles as an assist trophy)

Megaman series:
Megaman (classic)
with megamen of other generations as assist trophies

Metal GEAR:
Snake
ocelot

Maybe hope For these warriors:
Nintendo owned characters:
krystal
waluigi
WW link
Wolf link(I pray for this one)

Third party:
pacman(hes in mario kart arcade racing)
kloanao http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z252/hurd23/httpwwwklonoafa.jpg
geno
knuckles (I love knuckles this is just my personal hope)
pokemon trainer(it could happen)
No chance in hell list:
Marth (Ike isnt a princess)
Roy (games over man your 4 games too late roy)
Naruto(no manga fighters)
Goku(NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
blaziken(other guys deserve it more *coughs SCEPTILE*)
Theres so many more but my brain hurts at the thought of listing them all

Reason:
POKEmon trainer:
since battle revoulutin release I have been hoping he woul make it. also battle rev allows you to make you own trainer and choose your own team so fighting with your awesome poke pimp team in brawl would rock

*to be continued*

__________________:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Hmm im doubting ic and g&w won't reappear, as these 2 were characters the japanese felt most pleased with in a poll created by sakurai.
That's an improvement, though you might want to include Yoshi as well...

havnt read most of the topic,id just like to point out how nintendo promised to try and get sonic in brawl by asking sega.had to make my mark somewere cuss i dont think i have seen anything about that promise on the boards
They may have promised to TRY, but unless Sega crossed the i's and dotted the t's in time, it may still not happen. Just saying...

Call me crazy if you guys wanna but,if you wanna know who I think isnt gonna be in Brawl,its Jigglypuff imo. Simply because back in 98-01,it was the generation era of Pokemon games Blue,Red,Yellow,and a few new ones that had the 2nd generation Pokemon like Lugia and Unknowns,which were added in Melee.Times changed now folks,and we got 500+ Pokemon running around now.Reguardless if Jigglypuff is among the orginal 12,she's still from the 1st generation of the species plus her popularity is muffled compared to Pikachu and the newer legendaries/rare crew.

Now,what generation are we in,like 7th or 8th? Ive lost track lol,but anyhow,if you still are into the series(Iam not anymore),Pikachu is STILL running around with this Ash Catch'um look-a-like today,thus explaining his popularity and appearance in Brawl.That Pokemon(Gordon) they showed at the site is also from the newer generation,thus showing us that we can except even more new ones to follow it,to stay true to current events.Just like with the Zelda TP changes to Link for instance.

As I touch apon earlier,Mewtwo and Pichu also fall under the same boat,and it would look rather dated to still have these characters floating around while in the series currently is lightyears ahead with more Pokemon with advanced attacks and such.

And with the stuff thats changing with other characters like Zelda,Mario,Samus,hell even Wario just to name a few,it just wouldnt make sence at all to throw in Pokemon characters for generations ago into a game with updated freshness.And again,Pikachu is excused from this because of what was said above. :)
i think jigglypuff will be in becouse,
think.jiggly was made to be probly the first unlocked char in ssb64.
and she sucked,and im not the sure about melee,but i think she sucked there too.sorry if im wrong on that.
nintendo probly wanted her to suck in both,
i mean,even games like this have to have atleast one thing in them that is hard to master becouse of the fact that,it sucks.
its like tradition that jigglypuff should be in brawl becouse shes horrable.hope that made since,
also remember that their are those poeple out there like 8-10 year olds that dont play in tournements and that stuff that probly dont know about hitboxes and stuff to much.and chances are there are more of them then of us,so which do you think the game will be aimed more at?
dont get me wrong,they will prrobly have those tactics and complex stuff for the poeple like us too,and most charecters should have stratagy deep in them,but those 8-10 year olds and poeple like that without internet or knowlage of all the gaint tourneys around the earth wont know how to use the power correctly.
i dont think that its becouse jiggly was kewl in the olden days that means he wont come back,i think jiggly will stay becouse of what i have said.
im trying to say this like how you say pikachu is still in since he is still with ash but instead how jiggly has bean crappy in the other games that means he should return.
but there is the possability that jiggly is replaced with an unknown char that sucks even more,or maby just make an old char as crappy as,if not crappier then jigglypuff,
probly a light weight,like kirby becouse they can be knocked off easier and if you add the all around crappyness,you get basicly a jigglypuff.but i dont see how they could make kirby crappy.
While I agree with Dragonboy2k4's sentiment that there should be a greater emphasis on characters from more recent games, I'm not totally convinced that Jiggs will be cut. As much as I'd like to see her replaced, she was of the original 12 - so many consider her to be a staple of the series. Still, it's good to know SOMEONE supports my cutting Mewtwo...

Smooth Criminal
100% agreed! Bowser looks better than ever, easily my favorite character makeover to date. I seriously can't wait until we see DK's new look. It's gonna be sick...:)

I laugh at the 2% that doubted the Return of the King (of the Koopas)...
Indeed.

By the way Mr. Deathborne, are you amazed and astounded yet? ;)

Tom Nook will press Reset on a Gamecube? :ohwell:
Too bad SSBB will be on the Wii :laugh:
No, see, that particular Gamecube has a copy of Animal Crossing, which draws Resetti like a particularly angry fly to honey.
Exactly. A big part of Brawl is paying homage to the Gamecube generation - so Nook could reset a Gamecube game, earning the wrath of a certain mole...

**** right we did! I also called that Samurai Goroh won't be a playable character, so it's been a double whammy of win for me :grin:.
Hey Vali, long time no see. I guess you've out predicted us this time. I was sure we'd see Goroh playable...

@ Koarin: Great list! 10/10 :laugh:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

Smooth Criminal
Mybe this picture to statement saying that Bowser will be alot better in Brawl than in Melee,and maybe Fox will be depowered a bit.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Step aside Fox, King Bowser is taking the top tier spot this time XD

Definitely a good update, and I love how Sakurai blatantly says that almost all the characters will fight differently from melee, so it looks like we can expect some nerfing and buffing all round. It looks like Sakurai realized Bowser wasn't quite up to scratch in melee, so this'll e good for the Koopa fans.

This was my favourite screenshot though

"Blastoise... is that you?"

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
As far as nerf-age goes, I think that Fox will fall victim for sure. Sheik will likely be stuck as an AT, and Marth will likely be replaced by Ike or some other FE character (whatever).

Let's just hope that the only thing Sakurai changes about Peach is her Neutral B! :) As much as I hate to say it, though, I think her DSmash might also fall prey to the nerf machine. We'll just have to see. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get a look!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice

Definitely a good update, and I love how Sakurai blatantly says that almost all the characters will fight differently from melee, so it looks like we can expect some nerfing and buffing all round. It looks like Sakurai realized Bowser wasn't quite up to scratch in melee, so this'll e good for the Koopa fans.

Good points all around. This update has me particularly excited...Bowser's got a badass new look, and Sakurai's blatant comment that rebalancing and retooling of old favorites is in....seems Brawl truly will be its own game instead of just Melee 1.5 :chuckle:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Update! I've removed Goroh and Lucas and declones Luigi. Seriously, how did I go from 9 clones to 3? Anyway, I've also added Happy Mask Salesman to my runnerup list to appease Numa Dude and begun a Assist Trophy list. Check it out.

:laugh: Classic...

And yeah, I noticed that in Sakurai's comment as well. If Brawl is as balanced as SSB64, I'll be happy.

As far as nerf-age goes, I think that Fox will fall victim for sure. Sheik will likely be stuck as an AT, and Marth will likely be replaced by Ike or some other FE character (whatever).

Let's just hope that the only thing Sakurai changes about Peach is her Neutral B! :) As much as I hate to say it, though, I think her DSmash might also fall prey to the nerf machine. We'll just have to see. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get a look!
Agreed on all counts. Heck, for all we know Peach will get an entirely new moveset. I love daily updates. :)

its fine i was joking
Sorry if that came off like I was snapping at you. Maybe I've been spending too much time in Dylan_Tnga's "Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking" thread. Those people are against nerfing on religious grounds...

Good points all around. This update has me particularly excited...Bowser's got a badass new look, and Sakurai's blatant comment that rebalancing and retooling of old favorites is in....seems Brawl truly will be its own game instead of just Melee 1.5 :chuckle:
A-freakin'-men.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
this update created two theories for me

1. Bowser is HUGE in fact he is around the same size as he was in peach's peril (event match) hopefully he'll have as much weight as he did in the event because If i remember correctly Bowser didn't die in that event until he had around 150-200 damage

2. if you look at pikachu in this pic, fox and mario in the cracker launcher update, and mario
when link smacks him during snake's entry in the first trailer you might notice something
It seems like they added some charecteristics to the characters They flinch and look at their hitter and pikachu is obviously scared. i know there are more examples but these are the only ones i can remember. I know it wouldn't change gameplay but it's cool in a graphical sence. am i reading too much in these pictures or is this possible

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
this update created two theories for me

1. Bowser is HUGE in fact he is around the same size as he was in peach's peril (event match) hopefully he'll have as much weight as he did in the event because If i remember correctly Bowser didn't die in that event until he had around 150-200 damage

2. if you look at pikachu in this pic, fox and mario in the cracker launcher update, and mario
when link smacks him during snake's entry in the first trailer you might notice something
It seems like they added some charecteristics to the characters They flinch and look at their hitter and pikachu is obviously scared. i know there are more examples but these are the only ones i can remember. I know it wouldn't change gameplay but it's cool in a graphical sence. am i reading too much in these pictures or is this possible
Disagreeing on two counts.

1) He's only about twice the height of Fox, if that. I dunno how big he was in Peach's Peril (can't remember), but he still doesn't seem "Bowser-size" to me.

2) Judging by facial shadows, Pikachu still looks like he's smiling dumbly as Bowser whirls toward him, sealing the electric rodent's fate. I won't say that it's not possible, but from the "evidence" you pointed out, I don't quite see it. :ohwell:

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
first of all the bowser in peach's peril was 1.5 times larger then the bowser in normal melee

secondly if you look at pikachu's folded ears and scrunched position those are classic signs of fear from mammals (i'm not being those uber defensive egotistical people i just like a good debate)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
first of all the bowser in peach's peril was 1.5 times larger then the bowser in normal melee

secondly if you look at pikachu's folded ears and scrunched position those are classic signs of fear from mammals (i'm not being those uber defensive egotistical people i just like a good debate)
Hm, he might reach PP size then. I'm not sure because the only screenshot of mild comparability is where Bowser is slashing Fox. But Fox is kind of contorted and Bowser is hunched over. We'll hopefully get a better look when they update with his Special Moves.

To me, Pikachu looked like he was either readying a jump / attack or ending one. I still don't see what you mean in that Cracker Launcher picture, but maybe you meant a different update...?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
we'll just have to wait and see besides it'll be lost for it's effort after 1 year of the game

anyway you FE players in the picture of Bowser slashing fox, who's flag is that

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't know whose flag it is, but it's been connected by those who actually DO know the FE series to Ike, essentially solidifying his spot in Brawl and confirming many a rumor.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
No idea, as far as I can tell, it's not actually any flag exactly, so it's probably Sakurai using his personal touch. Most people are divided that it's either Akanea (FE1/3) or Daein (FE9/10), though some people think it's the unused FE stage in melee, which would point to it being Akanea, but until we get an official word on the stage, it could be either.

If it's Akanea, then it points strongly to Marth being playable, but if it's Daein, then it points to Ike.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
wiseguy i really hope brawl isn't as "balanced" as ssb64, as a very good player of both melee and ssb64 (played top players of each game) i'll say melee is more balanced. Ssb64 is balanced in the sense that every character is cheap one way or another, ssb64 is a more technical game dependant on combos and technical skill. Melee isn't as limited a player with good mindgames that knows how to read patterns can win pretty well with every character in tier(dependant on the matchups). Sure fox, falco, marth and sheik aren't perfetly balanced but they're not broken at all. Sheik players haven't been doing well at all recently, fox/falco are getting owned by marth recently and marths can have a hard time with characters like jigglypuff. Melee is of course flawed when it comes to balance, but it isn't all THAT bad. What renders some characters useless at points is their bad matchups rather than their placings on the tier lists.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wat happened to the my fellow clone-crazy Wiseguy I used to know=??? Ergh...don't tell me I'm the last person here predicting 6+ clones again...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Skull Kid. He may even be my favorite character in the series. But in terms of bringing originality to the roster, an Imp/canine tag team is infinitely more unique in my view.
SK is my fav character in the series! HAHA, no one saw that coming, and it is 100% true! :) :laugh: ;)

I wouldn't say SK and Ralf are lacking in character development, but in terms of number of hours devoted to a character Midna takes the cake. We didin't see an awful lot of Skull Kid in his game, as he was more lurking in the background.
They lack screen time, popularity, and Ralph lacks reconizability. Plus they have brutal competition in

That's actually a good argument. You bring up a fair point: why would an alias from OoT get in over the main villian from the more recent MM (who is also more important to the series as a whole)? POPULARITY. IN spite of the fact that MM is infinitely better (in my view) OoT was imply more popular. Fortunately, TP is currently the most popular Zelda - so there is no "Sheik" to rob Midna of her place in Brawl.
OOT sold over twice as well, and was twice as popular. MM was regarded to as crap by "Legend of Zelda fans" (or n00bs). Anyone who hates Majora's Mask...well.......

FALLLLCCOOONNNN-E PUNNNCCCHHHHH-a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. I also added Black Mage (as a Sora replacement) and Bonk and de-cloned Dx3. I hated cutting DS and Miciaiah, but I think the roster is now better overall.
de-cloned the roster!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! O, Black Mage is super awsome and all, but Geno or Crono would definitely be the best IMO, and have a much larger cult-classic fanbase. But I suppose BM at least has a better chance than Sora.

Sheik is WWWWAAAAYYYYY cheaper than SSB64 Kirby and Pikachu. Her attacks' spped and power (particularily her ariel attacks) give her a significant advantage over non-high tier characters. In SSB64, I was able to play as DK against equally skilled Kirby players and still compete. Try that in Melee against Sheik.
Dude, that is straight up bull. Can she instantly KO someone with one attack within 5 feet the edge? Is she used nearly as much as Falco, Fox, Marth, or Peach in tournies=??? No, and Pikachu and Kirby in SSB64 percentage-wise are used like 10 times more by experienced players in SSB64 than Shiek in SSBM.

Plus I've never been 0 to Ko'ed comboed by Shiek, or even seen one do that on a youtube or anything, while I've personally been 0 to Ko'ed comboed by Kirby twice, and once with Pikachu (and I generally win 70% or so of my matches at least!) Plus, if she is so cheap, how come more people use Falco, Fox, and Marth=???

Your new sig rocks. I suggest you make SR93's sig as humiliating as possible. I had my bro (who goes by Bane round these parts) cook up a suitably atrocious looking WW sig that will make his eyes bleed.
Can I see it=???

Also, I plan on adding artwork in the background, once my cousin shows me how.

To be fair, Gamespot did give positive reviews to Warioware (9.1) and Super Paper Mario (8.9) so I'm hoping that the TP thing was an isolated incident from one reviwer who happened to hate fun. We'll know for sure when we see the reviews for Prime 3, Brawl and Galaxy.
Ya, but the whole "end of the world scenario" thing in TP that is excited was made sounded boring. With Gears of War, they made it sound super-exciting, like the story was something from heaven or something, while GoW really has a weak stroy (but awsome campain and online).

Whatever makes you feel better JK1, but Sakurai was pretty clear.
Trust me, I read that like 50 times, and I'm positive. Trust me, and you'll feel smarter! :laugh: :) ;)

Hey, I don't disagree. Ganondorf SHOULD be given his sword, in my view. I'm just saying, Sakurai could have done the same for Zelda and chose to include a moveset more consisent with her Melee moveset. I hope you are correct, but I'm not so sure anymore.
It proves he apprciates a original moveset, while G-dorf could easily have his sword. However, no clone will take his place, unless the super-lame Black Shadow thakes his place! Heck, he's the character I would be happiest with not in Brawl (ie: Pichu>Tingle>Plusle and Minun>Black Shadow). With Goroh as a AT, G-dorf chances of remaining as a clone went up, for better or for worse.

In addition to new trailers for Prime 3 (my favorite single player series ever) and Brawl (the most anticipated Nintendo game ever), I'm also looking forward to more news on:

1) Dragon Quest XI: Who cares about FFXIII? This game could be the greatest RPG ever - if it lives up to DQVIII's quality. This game is the reason I bought a DS and I can't wait for this game to grce our shores.

2)Fire Emblem GoD: I must have spent 200 hours playing and replaying Path of Radiance, and the sequel can't come soon enough. Where's my North American release date Nintendo?

3) Battaleon Wars Wii: Halo killer? Starcraft killer? Maybe not, but it's a wachy RTS/shooter in the same vein as Pikmin - with online play.

4) LoZ: Phantom Hourglass: It's Zelda. Need I say more?

5) FF: Chrystal Chronicles Wii: That trailer looked incredible, and made me ancious to see more of what looks to be the Wii's answer to Kingdom Hearts.
Agreed, but no way DQ XI will top FF XIII, other than it's on the PS3 and not very many people will play it! :laugh: *prays it comes to thee 360*

They explain it pretty well here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=5&pt=1

In part 2 they discuss E4 for all:

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=5&pt=2

Ya, I already saw this after making my last post, so I'm happy. However, E3 and E4 aren't taking place in San Francisco, but rather a smaller town (smaller than my town actually, lol!), and E3 is going to be lame, other than Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Sony, Microsoft,

Indeed it did. I haven't played an RE game yet, so I'm looking forward to playing the Wii edition.
It is overall considered the greatest survival horror game of all-time, and since it's the GC edition, plus the PS2's extra missions, plus better graphics and Wii motion sensoring technology, it's bound to be awsome. We finally go the perfect third-person shooter for the Wii, now all we need is MP3 (first-person shooter) with online, a TPS with online, and a second person shooter with online, lol!

Then the Wii will almost make up for the lack of GTA IV, Halo 3, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Gears of War, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare 1&2, etc. Well...almost at least! :laugh:

Marth was the most requested character for Melee. Was. And he got in Melee. Mission accomplished. Now, it's time for the more worthy and popular Ike to take his place. BK will be the new clone, so he'll replace Roy.
Marth is still big in Japan, if not bigger. With him on the Japanese VC, and him being popular in Japan, I don't see why not keep him. BK bleah...I like him and all, but Marth is much more important to the series, much more liked, and much more wanted. BK could make it if there are 3 FE characters as I have predicted, with it being one of the (if not the) fastest growing Nintendo series in terms of sells.

Waluigi has appeared in alot of games, but has yet to star in his own (as either a hero or a villian).

Snake is awesome, but that doesn't mean that more awesome characters need to be included. Ganondorf, Black Knight, Ridley and Simon Belmont all deserve a spot as well - and having them all in one game would be infitely more awesome.
Waluigi was the main villian of the last great and best Mario Party to date, Mario Party 3, as well as Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. Sure those are spin-offs, but it is still a good size roll, and how does Simon deserve the spot=??? Barely anyone who plays Smash knows him, he probably isn't even one of the 70 most desired characters for Brawl, and there are liked 5 other characters who were main characters in the Castlevania series. In other words, replace him for the much cooler, super awsome, and ever awsome Geno or Crono! ;)

As for BK, IMO he'll only make it if there are 3 FE spots as I predicted, and if Roy, Sigurd, or Hector don't take that spot first.

Marth is not more popular among FE fans - and that's really all that matters when deciding who will represent the series. Ike's games are more popular, because they are available worldwide.

Marth is more popular in Japan, and unless Sakurai screws Japan over he isn't going anywhere. My point is Marth is more popular than BK, and if the perfect Japan only character. Seriously, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid Prime is generally western only, and FE the exact opposite in the begining. Just look at sales, after DKC 1, no one if Japan really got it, after Prime 1, Prime 2's sales sucked (not even reaching 1 million, because again no one in Japan got it, and it was considered too hard), and FE sales were best in the Marth era, until the international release of the series.

My verdict: Don't screw over our fellow Japanese smashers, and at least give them Marth! ;)

The difference is that Sunshine is a GC game, so it should meet higher standards.
It did IMO, but something makes me like SM64 more....

Physics wise, the game was basically SSB64. That isn't a bad thing, since it's not always necessary to fix what aint broken. Bottom line, being fun and revolutionary are not the same thing. Sunshine is a fun game, but it isn't as revolutionary as WW or Prime.
Dude, Sunshine's physics were totally diffrent, I've beat SM64 a dozen times (literally), and Sunshine 10. While not as revolutionary as WW or Prime, it is definitely a primaraly original idea that overall succeeded, as it should. The spin jump was added, sliding is super fast adn heavily improved, the levels are mcuh taller, deepeer, and better, the game actually has a story, the jumping is totally remade and has tons of added content, the levels and enviornments are almost entirely original, etc.

Retro characters have their place, but they should never tke the place of relevant and contemporary game characters. Games like Aniaml Crossing and Pikmin are just as revolutionary, and far more popular today.
How did AC revolutionize gaming as much as IC, or even 1/10th as much as G&W, when the Sims had already made the real life concept system, and got it down=??? AC definitely revolutionized something, but not as much as IC and G&W. Pikmin combined puzzle-solving and RTS' into one beatiful package, which generally was ingenious and intriginly smart and original, though not as original as IC or G&W. New characters come and go, but G&W is here to stay, and hopefully Pikmin and Animal Crossing follow in G&W;s footsteps.

Also, a Ice Climber Wii would be pretty awsome as well, and I would totally get that game if it looked like I hope it would!

Again, all that matters is what AC fans want as their representative. Lots of people hate Pikachu and Jiggs, but they usually aren't Pokemon fans.
But the pros for Jiggs (who has earned it's spot twice), and Pikachu (who is popular only because of the show, and Yellow Versio) totally outwieght the cons (like 50 to 1). As a AC fan, I want Miis to be or rep, not Tom Nook.

You change AC characters from game to game as well, just like Pokemon trainers. The game randomly selects a facial appearance every time you start a new file.
But that could change in the upcoming Wii AC, a game I bet will either be announced at Nintendo World (in November), or E3, with Miis as the new AC humans.

Simon is the most likely thrd party character. He is owned by Konami, who also own Snake, while Sonic and Megaman require separate agreements with separat companies.
But Bomberman is more popular and reconizable! However, if you remove him, keep Bonk, and add Marth, Mewtwo, or Falco back I'll agree. ;)

As for Sora, I already replaced him with Black Mage in my latest update.
Thakn you, Black Mage is much cooler. (BM>Roxas>Sora) However, Geno and Crono have a much bigger fanbase, and more reconizable, and have a much larger cult following. C'mon Wisey, you know you want Geno or Crono! *jedi mind trick like Ferro taught me* :laugh: :) ;)

Simon is the most important caracter in the Castelvania series ( a series that is extrmeley popular still and is very commonly associated with Nintendo) and he has the potential for a far more unique moveset.
Not as big as the others I listed, and he is not as reconizable as the stars of the 3rd party series I listed. Take off FF and DQ from my list (which have little chance of having a rep), and that leaves you with:

1.Sonic the Hegehog: Sonic the Hedgehog - Most desired character for Brawl, PERIOD!
2.Resident Evil: Leon Keneddy - Loses spot to the much more popular, reconizable, and super awsome classic MEGAMAN!
3.All the Megaman series: Megaman - Can't touch the Blue Bomber!
4.Street Fighter: Ryu - Also owned by Capcom like the two above, but since Megaman is the mascot of Capcom.
5.Rayman: Rayman - He's old, new, and everything inbetween, but I don't think he has what it takes to make the cut into Brawl. Maybe next time=???
6.Kingdom Hearts: Sora - W00t, love the series, but Roxas would pwn Sora, even after being voiced by Jessie McCarthy!

I could see Black Mage from FF I appearing...
I could see him, if there are 4 3rd party characters, and the slight chance that Geno or Crono don't make it. I actually think that is a rather good choice, and a rather good intresting and original idea of a character.

Fly?! Your kiding! That's amazing! That will definitely set him apart from Metaknight, Pit, Dx# and Ridley.
His flying attacks could be super original, plus he can do stuff they can't. Dex3 can't fly...well he flys like Kirby in the Kirby series, but Kirby doesn't fly in Smash, now does he=??? Also, Pit probably won't fly (but will use his wings), but Ridley could be awsome with those wings!

ROB would be just as unique as G&W or ICs so he and Pit should definitely take their spots as the new reps for Retro Nintendo.
But wat would his moves be=??? The only game he appears in is Mario Kart DS, and he races, like that could be a move, unless you include ROB 64, who just talks and repairs stuff. G&W got basically all his moves from him 20 or 30 something games, while IC got almost all their moves from their games, and had a few awsome games for Smash only.

Wel, if you give one new character to DK and Metroid it would be fair - as long as you are equally hard on series like Pokemon and Starfox.
Ergh, do I need to explain why Pokemon deserves more reps tahn Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Metroid=??? With the exception of Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Metroid haven't sold 1/10th the units of Pokemon, in fact Blue/Red/Green/Yellow version outsell both series...combined!

Or, you know, not. Nook for Brawl!!
I'm 95% positive Nook won't make it into Brawl.

I like Nook. Don't I count?
Yes, but most people are against him, and Sakurai will primaraly aim for the majority of Smash players, but he'll keep the AT and pro smashers in mind as well. When it comes to which character should be in, majority almost always wins, but time restraints make exceptions (ie: clones). However, Nook can't be a clone (unless he's a Mii clone), so I see no reason why he should be in.

Yeah, and who could be more objective than the peopl on the Pokemon thread?
Actually a lot of them don't even play Pokemon games. And you could find a lot of people agree with me on this one. Also, there are a lot of smart people on there, minus the flamming about Blazekein, Charizard, and Meowth. :laugh: ;) Ya, bet you don't wanna know that one=ya.

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I don't care as long as only 4 pokemans max make it.
Mewtwo does need redmeption! At least 3 times as many people want him to return than to leave, in fact the idc crowd outnumbers the anti-Mewtwo crowd. He's probably the 2nd most popular Pokemon, and MORE deserves his spot! He's the only Pokemon (other than Ho-oh, Suicune, Groudon, and Kyrogue) to actually be a part of the story in the games, and I see no reason why he should go. He's both a modern and classic Pokemon, as well as the strongest.

No argument here.
That is one thing we all can agree on. Make that do lke 10-15% less, and have half the have a lot less impact, and she's fair and balanced.

Ocelot won't be in Brawl. He is WWAAAAYYY too awesome.
Solid friggen Snake>uber pwnageable Big Boss>Revolver Ocelot. However, Liquid Ocelot (Ocelot possessed by Liquid Snake), the main villain of MGS4 looks awsome! Also, no one is too awsome for Brawl, I mean c'mon Solid Snake is in it! You can't get much awsomer than that!

Fine, fine. I get it. They're great. Moving on...
If you were to get Diamond and/or Pearl you would be addicted, 100% guarenteed!

Your right. 12 chracter cuts seems more likely. Jiggs? Ness? Falcon? I'm coming for ya!
If you cut Ness, you will be PK Rocked! Earth Bound fans...UNITE!

BEST. BOSS FIGHT. EVER.
It very well could be. You never know if you are the hunter, or hunted. It is the ultimate edge of your seat moment. That whole boss fight is like me in a super close SSB64 game on kaillera where it could go either way, and I'm facing someone who I know is better than me, but they can't beat me, and I can't beat them! SUPER EPIC!

Uh... call me crazy, but you shouldn't have to be as good as Sheik to compete with the character of your choice. Equally skilled players should b equally matched, regardless og their character pic. As it stands, if you try and fight a Sheik, Marth or Falco with Doc or Young Link you are at a disadvantage.
Young Link, up there with Falco, lol! Actually, I can add Link, Ice Climbers, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Roy, Donkey Kong (thanks to Capt. Jack), Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Zelda, FOX! (my main), Samus, Pikachu (surprisingly still good, unlike Kirby), Ness (takes a ton of work, I've seen it myself), and Jigglypuff (slapped to death by a puffball! Wat now?) to that list. Now it's good.

Honestly though, I think Yoshi, Kirby, Pichu, Mewtwo and G&W users are at the biggest disadvantage of all. All we gotta do is slightly weaken Fox and Falco all around, weaken Capt. Falcon's knee, make Shiek's chain grab harder, plus take Zelda away from her, and weaken Peach's adownsmash, and we got a pretty good tier list. Then, buff the lower tier characters, as well as some of the low-mid tier characters, somehow fit in the new characters, make ZSS and Samus seperate characters, and there you have it! More balanced tiers than you can imagine without being completely impossible.

Let's just say a alot of bright purple and a collection of WW LInk's most dopey expressions is on the menu...
I wonder what that would look like, lol. :lick:

Heck, if they cut Jigs for M2, I wouldn't complain. I don't care for either to be honest. Personally, I suspect that Jigg's role as one of the original 12 guarantees her spot on the roster - but I could be wrong.
They both should return, Jiggs has proven itself as a worthy fighter, while Mewtwo proved itself in the Pokemon series as the indisputed strongest.

I felt bad about cutting K. Rool - but de-cloning Dx3 left me no choice. I think having DK and Diddy represent their series would be acceptable, as long as the other series (like Pokemon) are also given the bare minimum.
**cough* cut Bonk, add Dixie* *clears throat*. I think there is room for 42 original characters, add in 6 more clones, and yae we're all happy!

Interesting. I had no idea that was when PH was released in Japan. Coincidence? Perhaps not...
It is set to come out in NA on October 1st, and came out in Japan on June 23rd. It has got overall positive reviews from what I've read so far, so far being the keyword. I'm betting it is as good as a Zelda DS translation as Hunters was a DS MP translation.

@ Eveyone else: I've got to go. I'll respond to you later.

In the mean time, here's my latest challenge: list the five games you most want to here about at e3 (besides Brawl, Prime 3 and Galaxy.)
Obviously my list goes Brawl, Prime 3, then Galaxy, but here is my list!

1.Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Since I am probably going to get a 360 soon (or once it's available) I would like to know if this game goes to the 360 or not. The previous installments were epic, and if this game comes to the 360, epic story, super online, and all, I am going to get it, PERIOD!

2.Halo 3 (take that Microsoft haters!): It is a common fact that Johnknight1 loves Halo, and isn't a fanboy in his term of the definition (only likes 1 certain developer, or totally wants the opponent's rival systems to die, etc.), and I love the series. I'm hoping for more massive online battles, more fun, and less fanboys/morons (same goes for Brawl's online!). Let us hope that it turns out this way!

3.Any new Zelda/more of PH: Verdict-with PH coming worldwide, where will be the next Zelda we all live for=??? Another Wii Zelda is on the way I suspect, maybe in 3 or so years, but on the way nonetheless. Hopefully it tops the greatest of the series the way the great TP toped everything before it.

4.Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: This is one of the games where good graphics, more tahn 60 FPS, and insane weaponry is needed, and we got it! This looks super intense, and I can't wait to see more of it! Set for a Novemeber release date, I'm sure it could make a good attempt to rival Halo in terms of online, story (probably top it actually), heck even sales. This game will flat out be intense.

5.Final Fantasy XII/Versus XII (Especially Versus): Sure this is set for a 08 release, but it looks straight up sick! The in game action, the stroy, and the Shakespear quotes all fit the 5 minutes of trailers perfectly! XD

6.Grand Theft Auto IV: I hate gangster games to be honest, but GTA's open massive, fun, and odd world is the exception. Thank god this game isn't a gangster game (though it may well be a mafia game), and something tells me this game is going to be good. Heopfully it isn't overrated like San Andreas or Vice City, the two best selling games last gen (which don't deserve it). Hopefully it deserves all the respect it gets vs. just getting it because everyone wants to be a gangster.

7.Blue Dragon: Made by the insanely smart makers of Chrono Trigger (it is said their IQs rival God's), this game has definite potential to be a epic for the ages!

8.Dragon Quest XI: Looks good from what I've seen, and though I've yet to get into the series, well I am very intrested in checking this game out.

9.Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn: Looks epic, plus it has Ike, so you can't go wrong, lol!

10.Kingdom Heats III: We could/could not get info on this, but just in case we do, I'll have it here.

11.FF: Chrystal Chronicales Wii: Looks pretty intresting, and I liked the GC one, for sure!

12.Devil May Cry 4: DMC 1-3's awsome combat style, similar to arcade style button mashing+awsome comboes, but involves skill system is amazing! Hopefully the 4th part of the series follows through with the greatest of the first three, specifically the 1st and 3rd, lol!

13.Assassin's Creed: This game involves a assassin killing people, and it looks like a super awsome Mideval/Renissance/possibly future assassin/stealth (killing) game. However, since I only really trust EA Montreal, I'm a bit worried.

14.Krysis: Day of Disaster: I'm worried about this FPS, because it is made by EA, and I'm not one to trust EA. However, this could be diffrent.

15.Battallion Wars 2: Looks intrestingly original, though I never played the 1st one. Why not=???

That's it for now, and look out Johnknight1's updated list is coming soon! Also by the way, Bowser looks sicker than ever, he looks like a villian for sure. Ganondorf might have a hard time toping that awsomeness and evil looks, lol! Simply amazing, first time since I saw the FFXII/Versus trailers any game's graphics has amazed me. Hopefully like Melee, the graphics improve a lot over the game's creation.

-Johnknight1!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
You know what? I just thought of something rather interesting...

So far, every character that has a profile (except Pit and Wario) was a starting character in Melee. Now, if my theory is correct and they are only showing the starting character's profiles, then it is safe to assume that Pit and Wario are starting characters while Snake (who we all know is hidden), Metaknight, Zamus, and all other hidden characters will not be getting their profiles until after the game is released.

This theory is also backed up by the fact that Bowser's profile was released before Luigi's.

Until such a time as a known hidden character from Melee (Luigi, Jigglypuff, G&W, etc.) has their profile released while known starters from Melee (DK, Yoshi, etc.) continue to get their profiles released, this theory is strong.

Solid Snake's (or any third-party for that matter) profile would also break this theory.

This could give us a little insight to the roster's starting crew.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, but I read another theory (which sounds pretty plausible) that they wanted to have one character from most of the starting franchises before they showed characters from already shown franchises. Which would explain why Meta Knight and ZSS haven't been given profiles yet despite appearing in screenshots (unlike Snake).

I say most because I'm still baffled at Zelda and Bowser being shown before Yoshi and Captain Falcon despite their having articles about elements from their franchises. They're probably just trying to screw with our heads about all of this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, but I read another theory (which sounds pretty plausible) that they wanted to have one character from most of the starting franchises before they showed characters from already shown franchises. Which would explain why Meta Knight and ZSS haven't been given profiles yet despite appearing in screenshots (unlike Snake).
Both great theories, and both could be right. If I assume this method you've stated is correct Devastalian is correct, then we'll see Meta Knight, Falco, Mewtwo or Jiggs, or Donkey Kong soon. But if Ferro is right we could see all the ones I just listed, minus Meta Knight of course. Eitehr way no Snake is bad=Snake is awsome, and hopefully we get Snake info soon.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Your adding assist trophies too now? Sweet just another thing to look forward to in Wiseguys thread :D

How about Zant for assist?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sakurai quote "What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that." quote of the day
even sakurai has a sarcastic dark side

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
sakurai quote "What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that." quote of the day
even sakurai has a sarcastic dark side
QFT

That's singlehandedly the best line from the newly updated website EVAR. And slightly more on topic, I'm looking forward to eating people as Giga Bowser :chuckle:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

This picture just screams: "You're screwed."

I'll level with you guys: I honestly thought that the idea of Bowser turning into Giga Bowser for a Final Smash was kinda...well, dumb and unlikely. I thought Bowser would've gotten some ultra-mega, super-dee-duper flame breath attack that takes up the whole bloody screen. Or, even better yet, he summons some of his infamous underlings (goombas, koopas, etc.) to wreak havoc on his foes. However, this update proved me wrong; it has also warmed me up to the idea of Bowser transforming into Giga Bowser.

I mean, look at the guy. This is what Bowser would look like if he joined the Hell's Angels. Absolutely awesome. Lol.

I wonder if anybody else'll transform into something when they use their Final Smash?

Smooth Criminal

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

I'll level with you guys: I honestly thought that the idea of Bowser turning into Giga Bowser for a Final Smash was kinda...well, dumb and unlikely. I thought Bowser would've gotten some ultra-mega, super-dee-duper flame breath attack that takes up the whole bloody screen. Or, even better yet, he summons some of his infamous underlings (goombas, koopas, etc.) to wreak havoc on his foes. However, this update proved me wrong; it has also warmed me up to the idea of Bowser transforming into Giga Bowser.

I mean, look at the guy. This is what Bowser would look like if he joined the Hell's Angels. Absolutely awesome. Lol.

I wonder if anybody else'll transform into something when they use their Final Smash?

Smooth Criminal

There's been tons of speculation over whether Ganondorf will morph into Ganon but I don't think so because Ganon would a totally moveset than Ganondorf's,and it would be stupid to all of that for a few seconds worth of screen,besides it would be unoriginal.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I lent him my PS2, lol. Seriously.
^^^^ LMAO that is hilarious! :chuckle:

Smooth Criminal
Exactly my thhoughts, I thought Giga Bowser as a Bowser Final Smash was as retarted as if Plusle and Minun made it into Brawl. Now I think it is ingenious, and Sakurai has once again made the stupid idea look smart! Honestly that is what he does best, making things we thought were retarted look genious, just look at the SSB formula=if he was to tell you how it'd play, you'd think it would be retarted, but it is sheer genious to the end. Sakurais IQ....is "OVER 9,000!!!!!!" :laugh: :) ;) :psycho: :cool: :p :lick:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
yay, internet. i'm not back yet, but i found wireless connection. as for the giga bowser update, i sort of assumed that this is what it would be. this also implies giga bowser is no longer a boss. i think the only reason they havn't put characters like yoshi and c falcon on the site are because they changed them a lot and are waiting for the right moment to give away there info. since we got wario's special moves, i think that every time Sakurai gives us a newcomer, he will give us some moves shortly afterward.
on the matter of assist trophies, i think Sakurai is implying that a whole lot of charavters will be assist trophies, as he said "some characters only the most hardcore fans will recognize". he has a ****load of characters to choose from. i think at least every character mentoined here on smashboards (nintendo character) will included as an assist rophy. no wonder it has taken him so **** long to work on this game. i wonder what other completly new aspects he hasn't revealed yet.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i love how in the picture zelda is ready to fight

while samus who makes a living killing large monsters is running away

Top Bottom