• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

DQP

Smash Ace
I really don't see why people think Midna has such high chances. Just because she is an important character in the latest game in the series means nothing. I'm not saying she wouldn't be a great character but there are character with seniority on her that are just as popular, important and would be just as great like Skull Kid or Vaati.
Yes i know skull kid or vaati would be cool characters, but you dont diss midna. midna is an awesome character who would fight well on wolf link's back. so admit it! midna is in brawl.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It's a matter of opinion. A character can show up a million times, but if no one likes said character, he/she is not going to be revered as a heavily requested Brawl character. Waluigi comes to mind.

Personally, I think K. Rool would be a cool character, IF they stuck with his early designs. To me, his character was 'cheapened' when they introduced his different appearances (IE: Boxer). I mean, hell, there are plenty of things you can do with a giant pirate crocodile. :laugh:

As for Midna, this discussion is a sinking ship. We'll know soon enough anyways, and there will be plenty of time to argue, bicker and gloat when we have some official information to chew on.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
AAAHHHH! THE STUPIDITY IS TOO STRONG! I CAN'T TAKE IT!

*explodes*

If you really think a character who was a stupid sidekick in one game is more deserving of being playable than the villain of an entire franchise then you should go jump off a cliff and rid the world of your stupidity.
Why did they put in Sheik over K. Rool? I mean, Sheik was only in Ocarina of Time...

And Ice Climbers...and Mr. Game and Watch.

But that's a completely different game, yeah, so I guess the context of the argument destroys it.

I still like Midna, though. Midna for Brawl!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Am I the only one with the bad feeling that there will only be 35- characters in the final roster?
I'm worried that it might be true.

But I'm not convinced that it is. After all, Sakurai did say "I can tell you that for everyone working on this game, the amount of content has been surprising to say the least."

So hopefully he won't disappoint and will give us that dream roster... Or at least just give me Ridley and Mega Man, dammit.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Why did they put in Sheik over K. Rool? I mean, Sheik was only in Ocarina of Time...

And Ice Climbers...and Mr. Game and Watch.

But that's a completely different game, yeah, so I guess the context of the argument destroys it.

I still like Midna, though. Midna for Brawl!
They didn't "put Sheik over K. Rool"

K. Rool is just not revealed yet

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yes i know skull kid or vaati would be cool characters, but you dont diss midna. midna is an awesome character who would fight well on wolf link's back. so admit it! midna is in brawl.
meh, i'd rather see skull kid. i have a particular sense of loathing for midna after playing through twilight princess, like some people got annoyed by navi. that shrill laugh gets too repetitive.

and @ post above

super smash RPG! wow, i never thought when i saw the stickers update that this is the angle they'd add to brawl. i thought it was a mode for my sister to play when i wasn't home...

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Support Midna = Kicked out of RMB.
That's ********; shut the **** up. We can support whomever the **** we God **** please.

Only extremely stupid people ever thought Sheik was anything other than a woman. Firstly, Sheik is as feminine as Samus in her suit, yet people have always known of her sex, & secondly, Sheik was the alternate identity & transformation in Ocarina of Time & Melee, respectively, of a female character. Of course Sheik is a ****ing woman.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well, she's confirmed as a her in the update, and she has more boobs... hmm...
It is true that Sheik looks for feminine this time. Maybe you better remove that 'e' from "potato." Just don't remove the picture of the potato.
Oh no way. I can't wait to see Sheik beat down Snake...Oh what butterflies it will give me. I agree with Shadow though....Sheik is pretty beastly.

Anyway...What does this say about the Prima "leak". Calling Olimar....then calling Sheik right after Olimar..doesn't it give this one a little more merit... at least in my book it does. Even though it was claimed fake... what if thats just to throw us off, or perhaps some characters were thrown in to make it fake on purpose. If Jiggs or Krystal (YESSS) are revealed next...it'll be crazy.
I think Shiek's days as the "transexual ninja" are done.

As this picture...

...and this picture...

...clearly show.

You gotta admit though, Wiseguy... Shiek looks **** good! Congrats to the designers.
Guys, my hatred of Sheik is all I have left! It's served me well in the past, and I need something to keep me warm through the long, cold winter nights.

I'm pretty sure Sheik has appeared in the Zelda series, and having an updated design doesn't change that.
But then it's understandable to think this, as you're just one of the many, many people on these forums who can't come to terms with all the Links and Zeldas appearing across the series being the same character.
It's like the Blackadder series, if anyone here knows about that wonderful BBC historical sitcom. Time, place, and social status may change, but Blackadder is always Blackadder and Baldrick is still Baldrick.
Don't play your "logic" and "reason" cards with me, Oyster. This Sheik was based on a Twilight Princess model that never appeared in a videgame. In short, this Sheik is a lie. :mad:

Oh yeah, congrats on being right, wiseguy...
Haha, man that's fun, because you didn't want to be right this time! This is like gloating and being polite AT THE SAME TIME.
But hang in there, because when Ness and/or Marth is confirmed you can be happy about being wrong.
Great, rub it in whydontcha?

And yeah, I would like to see Ness and Marth return. (Seriously guys, I don't hate Marth.)

You made a bet with very nearly everyone; although if I recall what you actually bet was something more along the lines of your dignity.
Sad, but true.

You're talking about the new Young Link, right?
Yes, but Midna deserves a shot as well. Sheik got in Melee after a minor role in one game. Midna at least had a majot role in Twilight Princess.

Well, while I don't want Shiek to be completely overpowered, I don't want to see her nerfed to hell either. There are some people that would actually like to play as a ninja and it would be terrible if she sucked. Then again, I wanted to play as a powerhouse swordsman in addition to my fast one, but Ike didn't turn out like I'd hoped. He'd be better if he had a few fast moves and couldn't be grab through his super armor frames (and had them on a lot more of his moves.)

If Shiek looks that different I'm worried that they'll change Marth's apperance too much and screw it up.
I think you should wait until we get out hands on the game before we judge how goof Ike is. It's difficult to judge from just a demo.

Oh, and I'm personally hoping that Sheik is worst character in this or any other fighting game ever made. But that's just me.

Ok,heres my final roster:

*Mario Saga:Mario,Peach,Bowser,Luigi and Bowser Jr.

-Jr is the 5th most important in the saga.Its a risk,but I take it.

*TLOZ Saga:Link,Zelda/Sheik,Ganondorf and Link WW.

-Link WW is way different than Link TP.Also,he was on the poll.

*Pokemon Saga:pikachu,Red,Jigglypuff,Mewtwo and Lucario.

-Theres a Lucario boom right now in Japan.Too popular.Say what you want,but Pokemons is the 2th most important Nintendo saga.

*Kirby Saga:Kirby,Metaknight,King Dedede.

-Nothing to say here.

*Metroid Saga:Samus/Zamus and Ridley.

-Ridley needs to be in.He and the whole saga deserves it.

*StarFox Saga:Fox,Krystal and Falco.

-Krystal is clear.Falco was very popular in Melee,so he makes the cut.This is another risk.

*DK Saga:DK and Diddy Kong.

-Poor saga.I want Rool,but this saga is in a big downfall.

*Fire Emblem Saga:Ike,Marth and Eliwood.

So here it comes: my biggest risk.Eliwood is relative to Roy(looks similar),he represent a new earth(Elibe) and he can use a spear.This is a big risk,but I take it.Eliwood is the dark horse.

*Mother Saga:Lucas and Claus.

Mother deserves a new character.Claus is the only one.

*F-Zero Saga:C.Falcon and Black Shadow.

Simply put:I hate Shadow,but he was on the poll.If Mother has 2 characters,F-Zero needs 2 also.
Also:R.I.P Goroh.

*Others:C.Olimar,Wario,Yoshi and Ray MKII

Ray has a lot of games.Thats his main advantage over Isaac.This may go either way..¿Isaac or Ray?I pick the robot.But Isaac is way cooler.

*Retro:pit,Ice Climbers,G&W and Takamaru.

-Takamaru was on the poll and he has the WTF factor.

*Third Party:Snake,Sonic,Geno and Megaman.

-Geno is too popular.On the other hand,Im not taking any risk in the Megaman situation.

So 43 characters.I think its a very good number.It isnt too big and should keep happy the Brawl fans.
Nice predictions, though a combination of Sheik and Black Shadow in Brawl might cause me to lose the will to live. (Not really, but it should suck massively if you ask me.) And I personally think that you went overboard with the Pokemon.

Otherwise, it's a pretty solid roster. Well done. 8.5/10

It's cause Wiseguy doesn't want to see another blue hair swordsmen, no matter how different Ike and Marth truely are, and no matter how much more important to the FE series Marth is than any other character. It feels like he's in denial or something.
It's not a matter of my not wanting it. I just can't see it happening. And if I am in denial, at leats you'll have the satisfaction of pointing it out once the final roster in revealed a couple weeks.

I made the WW Link against you, Wiseguy made the Sheik bet against you. ;)

Also Wiseguy...

o_O

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and behold the truly horrific sig made by SR93. He really outdid himself. :ohwell:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
*screenshot*

muahahahahahaha!

you're lucky they other 10 people you made shiek bets with forgot or left the boards.
and i'd hope that its not bad for the only sig i've made (couldn't find a shiek sig anywhere)
although you gotta admit, shiek looks badass this time around, and slightly more feminine.

i think we've got a pattern going, a character every wednesday. guess we'll find out soon, no? (RIDLEY)

and dammit Mr-Armageddon, take that out of your sig. you made me lose 3 times today :mad:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I also have a bet going with Numa over Midna's inclusion. I hope she makes it, or I'll be wearing a Sheik for ANOTHER month! :(
Don't get to happy right there then, There's a good chance that like pokemon and maybe mario that LOZ Stays with the same number of slots (I.E. Young link, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Shiek.) Besides midna isn't really that important at all, She's like the shiek of the TP Except a bit more popular and important but her fanbase has practically died as well.

So in short: Be prepared to wear shiek some more wisey, D: (Unless if sakurai hears you out.)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I also have a bet going with Numa over Midna's inclusion. I hope she makes it, or I'll be wearing a Sheik for ANOTHER month! :(
LOL.

Too good. Just be grateful that you don't have to wear that siggy up until Brawl's release. People would probably get the wrong idea.

I honestly thought that Sheik was going to be cut out for relevance's sake (i.e. putting some new stuff in in lieu of the old). I can't say that I'm particularly too excited to play as her, in spite of the fact that she's my main in Melee. I mean, there's other characters that ooze cool more than a ninja here. Olimar, Sonic, Metaknight, King Dedede, Lucas, Snake...

Need I say more?

Who knows? I may cultivate her as an alt this time around.

Smooth Criminal

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Don't get to happy right there then, There's a good chance that like pokemon and maybe mario that LOZ Stays with the same number of slots (I.E. Young link, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Shiek.) Besides midna isn't really that important at all, She's like the shiek of the TP Except a bit more popular and important but her fanbase has practically died as well.

So in short: Be prepared to wear shiek some more wisey, D: (Unless if sakurai hears you out.)
Sheik never had a fanbase before she was a broken fighter in Melee. And she's now a retruning veteran. I'm still hoping Midna pulls through.

LOL.

Too good. Just be grateful that you don't have to wear that siggy up until Brawl's release. People would probably get the wrong idea.
Yeah, I guess there's always that. :ohwell:

By the way guys, I did a massive update to my "Master List of Successes and Failures" if you want to check it out.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
now you're betting for midna as well? you better get ready for another month. (skull kid FTW)

oh, you should put your lost bets in the failure section. it fun to go back and read your anti-shiek posts with your new sig:laugh:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Sheik never had a fanbase before she was a broken fighter in Melee. And she's now a retruning veteran. I'm still hoping Midna pulls through.
Yes but the thing is that shiek was added as a gimmick, Midna wouldn't really be added as one like the PT Thing or the Zss thing Or the pikmin thing Or the IC Thing Or the G&W Thing or something like making parakarry playable by doing some PT Thing with Paper mario, Midna's fanbase has practically died and at the moment she's REALLY Looking unlikely, Besides the third-party's at section B1 Then she is the most unlikely out of all those newcomers, Really adding her is a stretch.

Let's see, We're already having 3 TP Reps + Shiek and WWLink (If you think midna's getting in before WWLink then you must be doing something there *Eyeroll.) So midna's only hope is to get a "+1 LOZ Rep" Uhh...To do that then we need another pokemon rep (Probably we will.) And at least another mario rep before we think of ridiculous things like that, Now gun your head, We have 3 probable choices left, Geno BJ And Paper Mario, Of course they'd already have to buy geno's right's so he get's the "+1" Then you gotta think of those two which might already be lowered to "DECUNFIRMED"

Again, You must be really hoping there, I will to for midna but i know she probably won't make it, I really don't want to have to see you wear that signature for another month :( At least it's not me doing so. :)

Wiseguy, though I havent always agreed with you on your predictions, I still find your thread very humurous and alot of fun. And if it makes you feel better, I hate Sheik too.
Shiek = Worst gimmack evar.

And yeah, This list is fun.

now you're betting for midna as well? you better get ready for another month. (skull kid FTW)
Skull kid? That's even more of a joke, Sort of main plot in TP > Puppet for the majora's mask that only had a big role in one game that was only the final boss, Skull kid 4 boss.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
and i don't think two links should be in. Ganon FTW. (i've always been a ww link hater) not the games, just the idea of a second link in brawl.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Did it kill you in melee? We had doc and young link and pichu then, Why not just Paper mario (Maybe...)and WWLink with different movesets from there counterparts now? They could have fun movesets and have starred in a couple of succesful games, There's really no other option to get the same ammount of characters as melee for LOZ so meh..

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
oh god, not another for paper mario... G@W is already cool enough, why do we need another 2D character? i hope that doc, pichu, and yl go unreplaced, as well as either marth or roy (leaning towards roy).

it did kill me that they had ****ing doctor mario and not ridley. young link over metaknight. pichu over diddy kong. yeah, hurts.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Did it kill you in melee? We had doc and young link and pichu then, Why not just Paper mario (Maybe...)and WWLink with different movesets from there counterparts now? They could have fun movesets and have starred in a couple of succesful games, There's really no other option to get the same ammount of characters as melee for LOZ so meh..
I didn't kill me in Melee, but it still doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. They could've of chosen better clones. I hope they don't do that mistake again, because having two Marios or two Links on the roster is superfluous.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Skull kid? That's even more of a joke, Sort of main plot in TP > Puppet for the majora's mask that only had a big role in one game that was only the final boss, Skull kid 4 boss.
Character that caused everything to happen in the game he starred in > Character who is falsely hyped who starred in a falsely hyped game who was a sidekick.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
Why would you reject a suffix? You never need to use present tense verbs?
It's laughing, genius, not laugh. If you're going to try to be condescending, at least succeed at it.
That's ********; shut the **** up. We can support whomever the **** we God **** please.

Only extremely stupid people ever thought Sheik was anything other than a woman. Firstly, Sheik is as feminine as Samus in her suit, yet people have always known of her sex, & secondly, Sheik was the alternate identity & transformation in Ocarina of Time & Melee, respectively, of a female character. Of course Sheik is a ****ing woman.
Dude, you are annoying. OPINION...GLOOOORIOUS OPINION!!!!
Shut up. Stop calling everyone noobs. You date CD-I Zelda. You have lines like CD-I link(Golly!Gee, it sure is boring around here.Squadilah!We are off!)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dude, you are annoying. OPINION...GLOOOORIOUS OPINION!!!!
Shut up. Stop calling everyone noobs. You date CD-I Zelda. You have lines like CD-I link(Golly!Gee, it sure is boring around here.Squadilah!We are off!)
LOL.

Sorry, Pluvius. I have to agree with Tatanga. You are being an ***. Plus, I have to laugh at his CD-I LoZ references.

"Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess!"

And Copperpot, you're on!

Smooth Criminal

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Character that caused everything to happen in the game he starred in > Character who is falsely hyped who starred in a falsely hyped game who was a sidekick.
They both suck.
/enough of that

I didn't kill me in Melee, but it still doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. They could've of chosen better clones. I hope they don't do that mistake again, because having two Marios or two Links on the roster is superfluous.
But WWLink and Paper mario (If in.) wouldn't even have the same movesets as Link and Mario, Besides, We're getting like 40 freaking character's this way so we'll still get our all-stars like Geno Ridley Diddy Lucas Falco and Luigi, There's no hurt in it. <3

oh god, not another for paper mario... G@W is already cool enough, why do we need another 2D character? i hope that doc, pichu, and yl go unreplaced, as well as either marth or roy (leaning towards roy).

it did kill me that they had ****ing doctor mario and not ridley. young link over metaknight. pichu over diddy kong. yeah, hurts.
Dude, Ridley would still be able to get in, Ridley and paper mario aren't fighting for slots, Calm down.

If it'll make Wiseguy feel better, I'll wager on an even CRAZIER bet.

I'll bet someone that if Geno is not in Brawl, I'll don an Ashley sig for a month. :urg:

Why do I see Jimmy taking this bet?
Make jimmy wear a huge "I SUCK" Sig if he's wrong. :laugh:

Top Bottom