• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Nice predictions, though a combination of Sheik and Black Shadow in Brawl might cause me to lose the will to live. (Not really, but it should suck massively if you ask me.) And I personally think that you went overboard with the Pokemon.
Otherwise, it's a pretty solid roster. Well done. 8.5/10
-I hate Sheik and Shadow too.But potat..Sheik is already confirmed and Shadow has the best shot of all F-Zero.I just want some company to the old good Captain.

-Im not a Pokefan by any means,but lets be honest:Its the second most succesfull saga in Nintendo.I may be wrong in that one,but i think Mewtwo stays and Lucario joins the party(I think Jiggs is safe).

Also,bump.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
-I hate Sheik and Shadow too.But potat..Sheik is already confirmed and Shadow has the best shot of all F-Zero.I just want some company to the old good Captain.

-Im not a Pokefan by any means,but lets be honest:Its the second most succesfull saga in Nintendo.I may be wrong in that one,but i think Mewtwo stays and Lucario joins the party(I think Jiggs is safe).

Also,bump.
yeah the only pokemon i see making its departure is pichu. And as far f-zero goes, as much as i love falcon i dont see him getting a fellow rep. F-zero is not nearly as popular or well-selling other nintendo series.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
yeah the only pokemon i see making its departure is pichu. And as far f-zero goes, as much as i love falcon i dont see him getting a fellow rep. F-zero is not nearly as popular or well-selling other nintendo series.
Simply wouldn't be fair for Captain Falcon's series though.
Almost every series now has 1-2 new additions since the 64 edition, except Falcon.

Black Shadow stands a chance, or maybe Deathborne (or w/e his name is).

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I also have a bet going with Numa over Midna's inclusion. I hope she makes it, or I'll be wearing a Sheik for ANOTHER month! :(
Oh? When did this happen?

I want in on this one.

Whatever Wiseguy is wagering, I'll wager it too. I lose, it's any sig you want on me Numa. You lose, and I'll settle for whatever Wiseguy has you doing being doubled.

Midna will make it!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mastermind is a troll, of one of the worst kind...

He makes up false info as well...

Best to ignore him

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I have no memory of this so called bet but whatever. When Midna turns out to be an AT or some other non-playable thing then Wisey has to wear a sig of Shiek and Black Shadow making out. As for you Ferro, a Tingle sig shall do nicley for you.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Honestly, didn't Goroh have the best shot of all F-Zero? If they wanted to F-Zero to have two reps, they would have made Goroh the second rep. It would be like if Falco, Krystal, and Wolf were deconfirmed; that wouldn't make Peppy any more likely.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We shall see...:grin:
Well she probably won't be playable thanks to all the "Already 5 movesets with all vets returning" And pokemon is probably keeping all it's number of playable character slots so that leaves us in a hole, And midna basically only had a temporary fanbase and whatnot...But seeing her playable would mean something hilarious happening to numa and lego. :O

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, didn't Goroh have the best shot of all F-Zero? If they wanted to F-Zero to have two reps, they would have made Goroh the second rep. It would be like if Falco, Krystal, and Wolf were deconfirmed; that wouldn't make Peppy any more likely.
The problem is the poll.Black Shadow was in the poll,Goroh wasnt.

ps:Looks like Marth is deconfirmed.Just another rumor,but is a strong one.

raul

Smash Lord

Might be like I suggested back in my Under-Represented Game Series thread and ae moving on with new Fire Emblem characters, but I don't think that rumor is true. Marth is one of the biggest faces in the FE franchise...he aint goin nowhere!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah,and with the remake coming I think the rumor is BS.But its an interesting rumor.
I just need to imagine Wiseguys face if Marth is deconfirmed...

Arteen

Smash Lord
It seems that Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff are in. Well, you got one of the three, at least. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Our Roster

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sigh, people need to stop believing ShadowXOR for no reason since he hasnt proved himself in any way yet. R.O.B. is still completely up in the air...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sigh, people need to stop believing ShadowXOR for no reason since he hasnt proved himself in any way yet. R.O.B. is still completely up in the air...
3 people confirmed ROB, 2 were reliable sources

Chepe

Smash Lord
Huh? Who besides ShadoXOR? I havent heard RoP mention it... so who are the other two?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff all confirmed via the videos.

Was reading up on journals in Devart tonight and I came across this little bit of info. Apparently, Nintendo accidentally slipped a bit more into these new videos than previously thought.

You probably remember the big commercial that showcased a whole bunch of features in Brawl recently. Well, this also had the Stickers update, too. If you recall Sakurai's "testimony"...

Quote:
Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters. Stickers whose range of usage is limited in this fashion are proportionally stronger when placed appropriately. Do your best to find a good place for each sticker.

So, the video itself once showcased characters and the powers. It doesn't anymore, of course, but I'm sure it has to be somewhere on the Interweb.

In any case, because of Nintendo's blunder, they accidentally revealed three characters! One of which is new.

This image shows a sticker that can only be used by Lucas and...Ness! So, Ness has returned.=P

This is a Pokémon sticker. The only characters that can use this are Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, and...Lucario!

So, not only do we get our singing Puff back, we also get a brand-new Pokémon. However, this seems to either debunk or deny Mewtwo access to Brawl. Still, hoorah for Lucario.=P

So, we add two wrongs(No Ness/No Lucario) and a right(Jigglypuff).

*Awaits people who asked how Ness was confirmed earlier to ask for more proof, and any others to say "This is old news and/or not related enough to the conversation of this topic"*

Chepe

Smash Lord
Believe me, we have known that for about 6 hours now. Causing quite the ruckus with disbelievers lol...

Anyway, I believe the R.O.B. thing now... I hope Prof. Hector will be in the background for him like the Trainer like someone said! His role in the Subspace Emissary can be one of being an invention by Prof. Hector that combats the Subspace Army because they stole the R.O.B. blueprints that are now being used for evil. :)

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Believe me, we have known that for about 6 hours now. Causing quite the ruckus with disbelievers lol...

Anyway, I believe the R.O.B. thing now... I hope Prof. Hector will be in the background for him like the Trainer lol! His role in the Subspace Emissary can be one of being an invention by Prof. Hector that combats the Subspace Army because they stole the R.O.B. blueprints that are now being used for evil. :)
Well, I'm always slow with information, so yeah.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyway, I believe the R.O.B. thing now... I hope Prof. Hector will be in the background for him like the Trainer lol! His role in the Subspace Emissary can be one of being an invention by Prof. Hector that combats the Subspace Army because they stole the R.O.B. blueprints that are now being used for evil. :)
I hope that is true...that was in my want list from 6 years ago...

When I heard of the ROB thing, this is the only thing I wanted

Prof. Hector FTW!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Seriously, I can see it happen so easily, the whole R.O.B. role in the story... I can even see a cutscene where a character almost attacks R.O.B., associating it one of the detonators of them bombs and then Prof. Hector stopping the character and explaining how his initial design was stolen and mass-produced for the Minister and all that. Then the character could team up with R.O.B. for some missions...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff all confirmed via the videos.

Was reading up on journals in Devart tonight and I came across this little bit of info. Apparently, Nintendo accidentally slipped a bit more into these new videos than previously thought.

You probably remember the big commercial that showcased a whole bunch of features in Brawl recently. Well, this also had the Stickers update, too. If you recall Sakurai's "testimony"...

Quote:
Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters. Stickers whose range of usage is limited in this fashion are proportionally stronger when placed appropriately. Do your best to find a good place for each sticker.

So, the video itself once showcased characters and the powers. It doesn't anymore, of course, but I'm sure it has to be somewhere on the Interweb.

In any case, because of Nintendo's blunder, they accidentally revealed three characters! One of which is new.

This image shows a sticker that can only be used by Lucas and...Ness! So, Ness has returned.=P

This is a Pokémon sticker. The only characters that can use this are Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, and...Lucario!

So, not only do we get our singing Puff back, we also get a brand-new Pokémon. However, this seems to either debunk or deny Mewtwo access to Brawl. Still, hoorah for Lucario.=P

So, we add two wrongs(No Ness/No Lucario) and a right(Jigglypuff).

*Awaits people who asked how Ness was confirmed earlier to ask for more proof, and any others to say "This is old news and/or not related enough to the conversation of this topic"*
It seems that Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff are in. Well, you got one of the three, at least. :ohwell:
Leaks make me all warm and fuzzy inside - and this one is a doozy. I'm happy to see Ness return (even if it does make my list wrong) because it would be such a shame to lose one of the original 12. Hopefully they change up his moveset to make him unique (good call Oystermiester).

I'll cut myself a bit of slack on the Lucario thing since I knew it had to be either he or Mewtwo and went with the decision that would provoke the least outrage from Poke-fans. Frankly I don't care which Pokemon make it (they all suck equally in my book) but I would wager than Mewtwo is gone.

Wiseguy, I hope Lucario taught you your lesson, that the PT is ONE CHARACTER (and if it's not, Olimar is 6). Now keep Mewtwo. >_<
Actually that's seven counting Olimar (he can spawn six Pikmin at a time) which is fair because the Pikmin series is better than the Pokemon series is every possible way.

Anyway, fear not because I'm not editing my list. Mewtwo was my final prediction, and I'll stick with it. If and when he is deconfirmed, I'll add him to my growing "failures" list at the bottom of the roster.

and i don't think two links should be in. Ganon FTW. (i've always been a ww link hater) not the games, just the idea of a second link in brawl.
If I'd had any scense I would have bet you about WW Link instead of Sheik... :ohwell:

ROLF
Nice sig Wise.... It looks good on you? ;)
*Vaporizes Elysium with heat vision*

Also,bump.
Shadow does have the best shot of all the F-Zero characters, but that doesn't say much if you ask me. And while Pokemon is very popular, I think seven is overboard (PT's three movesets kinda count). But we'll see (this whole sticker thing bodes poorly for Mewtwo).

Add Deoxys to your failure list. He was in the original list IIRC
Yeah, and Tom Nook. I'll add those ASAP.

I have no memory of this so called bet but whatever. When Midna turns out to be an AT or some other non-playable thing then Wisey has to wear a sig of Shiek and Black Shadow making out. As for you Ferro, a Tingle sig shall do nicley for you.
*Shoots self in head*

I think Ness helps Marth's chances, but we shall see. Nothing is ever as it seems.

Our Roster

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Seriously, I can see it happen so easily, the whole R.O.B. role in the story... I can even see a cutscene where a character almost attacks R.O.B., associating it one of the detonators of them bombs and then Prof. Hector stopping the character and explaining how his initial design was stolen and mass-produced for the Minister and all that. Then the character could team up with R.O.B. for some missions...
Dude, I hope ROB makes it so much! He was in my roster way for a long time last year and I only too him down (reluctantly) because of the SSE video that strongly hinted at a deconfirmation!

Top Bottom