• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
I would also like Mach Rider to be added, it should be noted that this character was initially supposed to appear in Melee, but was never finished and taken off due to time constraints.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@inkslinger
but do you think mach rider should be on his bike, like chief mendez? or do you think that would be stretching it a bit?

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, then you get older and...you work 40 hours a week. So...yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. (But you also go to college where you only have like 15 hours of class a week, and then you can spend a buttload of time playing Smash and other stuff...)
Sigh...that just made me realize how good I had it in college. Not that RL is all that bad ;)

I would also like Mach Rider to be added, it should be noted that this character was initially supposed to appear in Melee, but was never finished and taken off due to time constraints.
OK, so I've read this and several other statements referring to characters that were axed from Melee despite being at least partially complete (Balloon Fighter is the other that comes to mind). Is this just speculation, or is there an interview with Sakurai or some other source that stated if and what characters were cut?

who is eba?
EBA is short for Elite Beat Agents, led by one Commander Kahn. Just ask Wiseguy, I'm sure he'll be glad to elaborate on the good Commander :chuckle:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ohh. well, i think he doesn't stand a chance, and i absolutly hated that game, it was a big waste of money. and no characters from the game, or any game that has only appeared on the ds, stands a chance of making into brawl.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
ohh. well, i think he doesn't stand a chance, and i absolutly hated that game, it was a big waste of money. and no characters from the game, or any game that has only appeared on the ds, stands a chance of making into brawl.
How very sad :(

But, to each his own :)

And as for DS only characters, I can't even think of a new intellectual property created by Nintendo that has originated on the DS (aside from Ouendan/EBA). Most of the headlining DS games have been sequels/reimaginings of existing franchises, I believe.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
which is why no DS only characters have a chance. the EBA is one of the few DS games i haven't liked, but all the ones i have have games on other systems
(mario cart, diddy kong racing, varius pokemon games)

@yosterdragon
which character would you most like to see in brawl?

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
@yosterdragon
which character would you most like to see in brawl?
Well, before they announced any new characters at all, I was really hoping for Pit, Metaknight and very much for Wario, lol...so I already got 3 wishes :chuckle:

But as for characters that haven't been announced? Well, Samurai Goroh would rock; I've always been a big fan of his character design. Any of the Ray model Robos from Custom Robo would be fantastic as well (the N64 Custom Robo games are much better than the GCN one IMHO).

I've read some interesting Mach Rider movesets that make me want to edit my list I posted for Wiseguy's challenge; I think he could be very cool. Besides, his Melee trophy is awesome and we need more Mad Max/Vault Dweller types...yay post apocalyptic anti-heroes!

Ridley is a must IMHO, we need more space pirate dragons in this crazy mixed up world. And almost the same thing is King K. Rool, who was a pirate captain Kremling at one point, which is entirely too amusing. Ah, and then there's Jill of Drill Dozer, er, fame I suppose ;) I absolutely loved Drill Dozer.

Geno's a solid choice too. SMRPG will always be one of my favorite games, and Geno is rightfully a Mario universe character. It's only a technicality that he's owned by Square Enix.

Wait, you wanted just one?

Fine, I'll pick one of my favorite ex-Nintendo duos as my dream pick that'll never actually happen: Banjo-Kazooie. For whatever reason, the B-K games will always be special to me, and I remember the N64 Rareware heydays when Banjo and Kazooie were pretty much first party characters. Sigh, those were the days.

So there ya go @samusrules93, Banjo-Kazooie for the win!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, i support all of your choices except i have never hear of drill dozer.
banjo-kazooie was an awesome game, i have banjo-toowie on my emulator. i think most of those choices will appear in brawl though :)

King Xander

Smash Rookie
So far I haven't seen anyone post about Sephiroth...He could kick everyones brawl A**.I mean, come on, What could be more fun than to hit Mario upside the head with Sephiroth's sword?:laugh:And his theme song could go with his own level, you know, It would be a few platforms, in the background there would be a bunch of flames, and if you fell off the platform, you get blasted back up with some damage, kind of like that acid stuff in Samus' level, can't remember it's name.You know what I mean?Plus, a much better pick than -Sora- That little panzy...:mad:His game made me spend time with Disney characters...**** him for bringing Goofy and Donald with.Now whenever I think about that game I can hear Goofy going "Hyuck"

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Okay, grim lizard...I apologize. When I make these big posts, I transfer text from this thread to a Notepad, then back to it in the response field...I knew eventually I'd mix someone's name up with someone else's post. Again: my apologies have been submitted.

Also, Sephiroth (in fighting games) only has one move: the deadly LOW KICK! So...no to Sephy. Kingdom Hearts is awesome, Goofy rulez.

King Xander

Smash Rookie
:mad: God I hate KH...But that's your opinion.Instead of a "Gummy Ship," I would gladly ride in anything else.ANYTHING!Come on though.Sora=Stupid little keyblade Sephiroth=Huge A** sword that is major pwnage.It's a known fact.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Then how is it that Sora was able to royally whup Sephy's One-Winged Butt not once, but twice? Sora's much more likely (not to mention cooler) than Sephiroth, any way you look at it.

Wiseguy: It took me a good while to get around to it, but I finally read all your updates, and I've noticed a disturbing lack of Viewtiful Joe...

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
well, i support all of your choices except i have never hear of drill dozer.
banjo-kazooie was an awesome game, i have banjo-toowie on my emulator. i think most of those choices will appear in brawl though :)
Drill Dozer was a puzzle platformer for the GBA made by Game Freaks (the Pokemon folks). It was loads of fun and oozing with personality. This is a pic of Jill, the heroine:

She's the leader of a gang of thieves called the Red Dozers. She also rides in a robot that has a giant drill:

You can find it pretty cheap now if you're curious. So now you know :)

Pip

Smash Apprentice
Drill Dozer was a puzzle platformer for the GBA made by Game Freaks (the Pokemon folks). It was loads of fun and oozing with personality. This is a pic of Jill, the heroine:

She's the leader of a gang of thieves called the Red Dozers. She also rides in a robot that has a giant drill:

I must say that even though I've never heard of her before, Jill has potential. She looks like she could be made into a very interesting Smash character.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I ponder over spending the fifteen dollars to buy Drill Dozer every time I go into a game store. It just looks so awesome. :/ If Jill was in the game I'd main her really hard.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I must say that even though I've never heard of her before, Jill has potential. She looks like she could be made into a very interesting Smash character.
I ponder over spending the fifteen dollars to buy Drill Dozer every time I go into a game store. It just looks so awesome. :/ If Jill was in the game I'd main her really hard.
Hehe, more Drill Dozer converts ;)

I guarantee that if you buy it you won't be disappointed, @Devastlian. The boss fights are particularly enjoyable...you know that feeling of happiness when you hit the red blinky spot on some giant boss and do some damage? Multiply that by 10 for not just hitting, but lodging into the boss's squishy spot and drilling it out :chuckle:

@Pip, glad you think so upon first sight of her. Maybe I should come up with a moveset...hrm...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Devastlian said:
I'd main her really hard.
That totally doesn't sound perverted. :p

I only played one level of Drill Dozer, but from what I saw, it's one of those games that'll be totally lost in time in a few years. Like Princess Crown for the Saturn, or Space Station: Silicon Valley for N64. Get it if you see it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'd main most female characters really hard...Toadette, Jill, Cooking Mama, Loto...

Anyway...Next time I'm at a game store I'm hella slapping up Drill Dozer.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
...I don't approve. :/

Also, I thought Pulseman was Game Freak's mascot still (even though I can't find a picture of him on their website since they redid it...On the old one, though, he was still their despite Pokemon's overwhelming face for the company. :/)

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
You're predictions stink. Let me go through them...

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Meta Knight, Fox, Pit, Wario, and Snake are confirmed... No problems here... Let move on.

Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Falco, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and Marth are very likely with their movesets from Melee. Zelda and Ganondorf are very likely with new moves.

Peach's unique moves in Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island DS, and Super Paper Mario involve the Parasel and Floating, which Peach already HAS from Melee... They would just add Psych Bomb as her Final Smash and give her parasel a face.

Mewtwo deserves to return from Melee because he's the big bad of the Pokemon Series. We got Bowser and Ganondorf, and Pokemon is part of the trio. We got to have Mewtwo!

Falco deserves to return from Melee because it makes sense for he and Fox to share moves, as they train together. Wolf would NOT be a Fox Clone!

Marth deserves to return from Melee because he is the only Fire Emblem Lord to star in two games and his own OVA. Also he's the first Fire Emblem Lord, so replacing him would be like replacing Ness (who looks so much like Ninten from Mother 1) with Lucas. Not happening!

Mr. Game & Watch deserves to return from Melee as he was Nintendo's first hero and the Game & Watch games were the ancestors of both the Game Boy and DS line... Also Nintendo loves to reference the guy!

Ice Climbers deserves to return from Melee, and this is the big reason why non-clone characters will return is that THEY ALREADY HAVE A SUITABLE MOVESET!!! Also, they all appeared in the most popular game for GameCube, and are thus more well-know than someone like Balloon Fighter.

Alright, let's go to new New Nintendo characters...

Got no problems with Bowser Jr, Lucario, Ridley, Dedede, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Captain Olimar, Ike, Kalas, Isaac, or ROB.

Midna & Wolf Link, Midna as a Twili, and Skull Kid are less likely than Tingle, merely on the basis that Tingle is a recurring character and a LOT more well-known than Balloon Fighter. Also, who doesn't want to beat up Tingle?

Deoxys is from Ruby & Sapphire... Lucario pimps out Diamond & Pearl.

How can Dark Samus be a clone of Samus, if Samus will be switching to Zero Suit Samus mid-match?

Wolf, of course, should NOT BE A CLONE OF FOX!

King K. Rool is... Well you got his moveset right, if he wasn't too obscure and Western for Brawl. Dark Samus suffers from this also, except the Japanese aren't making Metroid games anymore.

Other Fire Emblem characters besides Marth and Ike... Unfortunally no. Fire Emblem is not that big a series.

Samurai Goroh... F-Zero is not that popular a series.

Poo... Mother/Earthbound is not a series Nintendo seems to like, also it'd be a character from Mother 3.

Tom Nook... Well, if you MUST have an Animal Crossing character... I think it'd fit an arena more.

Mii... Okay, The Wii Series is popular, but I think these guys will be replacing the Polygons and Wireframes. It makes sense.

Kahn... Big problem with EBA/Ouedan is the fact that they have to be fitted to the region...

Paper Mario... No, just no.

Balloon Fighter is less popular than Tingle even if Tingle's popularity comes from utter hated... But then, who here DIDN'T buy the N64 classic SSB game just to pummel Pikachu, with the likes of Link, Mario, and Samus?

Mac... well he has a chance since he appeared in Fight Night Round 2 (Oh, shush about him being the Super Punch-Out!! guy, none of the other PUnch-Out games named their hero, so they are all assumed to be Mac by Nintendo reasoning, since that's the default name)

Louie... Pikmin is not a popular enough game to waste two spots on... Maybe one, but not two.

Now for the third-parties...

Sonic, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Geno, Bonk, Pac-Man, all good choices though I shall comment on each.

Sonic's competing with Mario at the Olympics. Not exactly the crossover we were looking for, but... I don't think Sonic will be in Brawl now. Sure, everyone wants him in Brawl, but that is because they want to pit him against Mario. It seems to me that Nintendo and Sega knew about this and put the long-awaited Mario/Sonic crossover on more even terms for Sonic, because Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Amy have no chance in Brawl and Mario has **** near all his friends likely to be in it. Mario & Sonic is on more even terms and will be a more enhanced version of the Wii Series, and thus be the best selling game on Wii.

Without Sonic, there is no point in putting Bonk in Brawl.

As for Mega Man, there is good news. Hideo Kojima is good friends with Kenji Inafune, the Mega Man creator. Kojima can pull some strings.

Simon Belmont, well Konami's here so why not?

Geno, despite being owned by Square Enix, is considered a first-party character.

Cloud Strife has more of a chance than Crono, Sora, or King Trode. Sora is owned by Disney. Square-Enix has forgotten about the Chrono Series. King Trode never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Jessica Albert however has a good chance as she appeared in Itadaki Street DS for the Nintendo DS which crosses Dragon Quest with Mario!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
"McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!" - 8 months, 480 posts, 12,944 views

"Wiseguy’s Brawl Character Predictions" - 2 months, 705 posts, 13,699 views

Tell me McFox, how does it feel to be McOWNED?!?! :chuckle:

(Joking. That was a joke. Please don't ban me...)

But if you enjoyed Symphonia Wiseguy then you'll be very pleased with Abyss. The battle system is improved, and personally IO think the story is better. There are less characters than Symphonia, but the mage characters are more fun to play as because they can handle themselves in physical combat.
Cool. Any improvemnt over Symphonia's battles (which I loved) has me drooling. My PS2 owning friend has agreed to lend me his system (in exchange for me lending my Wii) after he complete's FF XII, which should be any year now...

Well yeah, but so is a cloned Black Shadow *shuuders at the thought*. The F-Zero cast is generally quite adaptable, it just depends on how Sakurai wants tro go about it.
True enough. To be honest, it makes me a little nervous that BS (which is actually a fitting way to refer to him...) is the only F-Zero character only Sakurai's poll. Keep your fingers crossed F-Zero fans (all ten of you).

Please, NEVER put Sora in Brawl, Sakurai.
I appreciate that it would be murder to Sony, but that's not a good enough reason.
Maybe it's just that I have a bias against characters related to Final Fantasy, but I just can't see him in Brawl.
I also have trouble seeing Megaman in Brawl, and I have miserable hope that the Ice Climbers will return. Also, no Meowth makes me sad, but I completely understand.
You do understand that Pokemon will be heavily represented, because it's Nintendo's second cash-cow, right? Have you seen the insane sales in both Japan and North America for Diamond and Pearl?
Sora: I don't really care if he appears, personally - but I wouldn't find his presense in Brawl offensive. Seriously, what do people have against the character that I don't know about?

Megaman: Another character I know little and care little about. But hey, if it makes the meggaman crowd happy, I'm all for it.

ICs: They are awesome alright, but I somehow doubt that they will return. But since Melee will have so has characters that don't appear in Brawl, it will actually be a good thing as it will provide incentive to play and enjoy all three Smash games at tournaments.

Meowth: I'm the wrong person the ask, dude.

I am aware of Pokemon's status as Nintendo's cash cow, and that it sold several gazillion in the first few hours, etc. It's all but certain that that D/P will crush Halo 3 as the top selling game of the year. So, that's why I gave the series a grand total of four representatives: tied will the acclaimed Metroid series and just behind the Mario and Zelda series (which I gave five each). I think that's fair.

One game selling poorly makes a series unpopular and undeserving of smash reps? Oh and the anime was only canceled in America (Probably because it was on a Saturday morning cartoon lineup.) In Japan the anime finished. Any one who says F-Zero doesn't deserve more reps is a ****** (I once saw someone on the rate their chances thread say that and then immediately after nominate Gex).
I love the F-Zero series, and I personally think the series deserves three reps minimum for sheer awesomeness alone.

But I'm really worried about the franchise. In spite of being a masterpiece GX failed to sell well, the anime was cancelled or "finished" (depending on how you look at it), the Pit Stop is the least used section of Smashboards and Nintendo has announced no plans to continue the series. Let's hope Nintendo unveils a new DS or Wii game at E3.

Not to mention Captain Falcon is hands-down the coolest character in Melee...

"Show me your moves!"

On that note...I really don't know what the reason is that GX sold poorly (maybe poor marketing?)...I bought it and played it, and it's a blast! It's one of the better F-Zero games. You actually feel like you're going the insane speeds. I thought it was a good one. Having said that, I never completed it because I didn't dedicate the time, and I sucked. :(
F-Zero kicks everyone's but, it's just that hard. GX is probably my favorite racing game ever, even though I can never find anyone to play it. C'mon Nintendo, give me a Wi-fi sequel so I can suck online!

just because one game didn't sell well doesn't mean it wasn't good, or that the main characters sucked. i love GX, the story mode is just a little hard...
I would never say that GX sucks! It's a fantastic game. I even love it's colourful cast of sci-fi characters. But I have to be realitic. Having Captian Falcon return and having Goroh as his clone is a pretty fair for a series on lifesupport who's fanbase is about as niche as r=they come.

Miis?!?! I strongly disagree with that one.
www.miiplaza.net

Check out some the brillinat creations gamers have made. Miis would be a fantastic addition to Brawl.

I think he would be an amazing character. He's one of the few up for grabs who has several games. Despite being Japan-only, thus far, we've already seen how bring these characters to a game like Smash offers a door for selling games in the US, etc. Plus, if you've seen some of the gameplay, it looks really fun (sort of Kirby-like). I could see him getting in.

And, not that I really think this guy will get in, but how about Tamagon as an "honorable mention", eh?...
If his appearance cooincides with the worldwide release of one of his games, then I could see it happening. Otherwise, I don't see him as a neccessary inclusion. Feel free to disagree, but that's just my point of view.

stafy looks like a fun addition, i hope he makes it.
Sure. Like I said, I have nothing against the character. Other than his Japanese-only status, I think he'd be a fine addition.

Man I love summer vacation. Waking up at 2PM...eating bowls of cereal...playing some Viewtiful Joe 2...then wasting a few hours on SmashBoards.com...good times.
I don't ususally go for sidescrollers, but I have to admitt VJ2 is one fun game.

Trode's cool and all, but he's not Smash material. I played about half of VIII (if I'd more than borrowed it, I probably would've beaten it), but from what I saw of Trode, he's the second best character after Yangus.

"COR BLIMEY"

I rented I-Ninja after Nintendo Power gave it a good score. It was okay.
I don't know, I loved it alot more than you did for some reason. Maybe it was the insane difficulty, maybe it was the rock solid gameplay, or maybe I just think Ninjas are awesome. Regardless, the game is a oft forgotten masterpiece. I command each and every one of you to find and play this gem ASAP.

We could also see someone from the awesome Advance Wars spinoff: Battaleon Wars.
Interesting tactic. respond to my quote with another one of my quotes on an unrelated matter. :dizzy:

In a word: "long". And not "long" in a good way, but rather "long" in a "christ arethese areas big and pointless" sort of way. It was better than X and X-2, but it had it's fair share of problems. However, Gilgamesh is in it, so there's like, a billion awesome points for it.

Pick it up and give it a shot though.
Most people seem to either seem to either love it or hate it, but from what I've heard it has more redeeming qualities than faults.

Hey, Sakurai created an entirely new character concept for a stupidly obscure pair of mountain climbers. He might look like Falcon, but if he's in, he'd be different than him.
True, Sakurai is a tough guy to predict. He'll definitely make a roster with its share of surprises.

This had better be a typo.
It is. :ohwell: Sorry, I fogot of finish my thought.

"I actually didn't find the triforce quest-" ...that bad.

Wow, really?
Really. Sunshine was fine, but I-Ninja was infinitely more fun, in my view.

Abyss was better than Symphonia in almost every category (the pulled-out camera in battles always weirded me out, especially when fighting Asch near the end), plus...where's the multiplayer?
In Symphonia? There was multiplayer in the Gamecube version. A complete blast, by the way.

Even Link knows it!
That's terrible! Yet I can't look away...

I can hardly believe it, but I watched every last one of them. Funny stuff, but please don't put me through that again.

Mach Rider was suppposed to me in Melee? This is news to me. Maybe his chances are greater than I thought...

what about EBA
What about it?

who is eba?
EBA is short for Elite Beat Agents, led by one Commander Kahn. Just ask Wiseguy, I'm sure he'll be glad to elaborate on the good Commander :chuckle:
Elite Beat Agents is an awesome rythm game for the DS. It's kinda like a handheld Guitar Hero (emphasis on the "kinda") only with hilarious, comic book style stories. Voted by IGN.com as the best DS game of 2006. Know it. Fear it. Buy it.

There is no person alive who has played the game and doesn't love it.

Except samusrules93.

And as for DS only characters, I can't even think of a new intellectual property created by Nintendo that has originated on the DS (aside from Ouendan/EBA). Most of the headlining DS games have been sequels/reimaginings of existing franchises, I believe.
While its true that most high profile DS games are sequles to existing franchises, don't rule out great characters like Commander Kahn and Phoenix Wright completely. Pokemon characters got in SSB64 while their game was still exclusive to the Gameboy.

Well, before they announced any new characters at all, I was really hoping for Pit, Metaknight and very much for Wario, lol...so I already got 3 wishes :chuckle:

But as for characters that haven't been announced? Well, Samurai Goroh would rock; I've always been a big fan of his character design. Any of the Ray model Robos from Custom Robo would be fantastic as well (the N64 Custom Robo games are much better than the GCN one IMHO).

I've read some interesting Mach Rider movesets that make me want to edit my list I posted for Wiseguy's challenge; I think he could be very cool. Besides, his Melee trophy is awesome and we need more Mad Max/Vault Dweller types...yay post apocalyptic anti-heroes!

Ridley is a must IMHO, we need more space pirate dragons in this crazy mixed up world. And almost the same thing is King K. Rool, who was a pirate captain Kremling at one point, which is entirely too amusing. Ah, and then there's Jill of Drill Dozer, er, fame I suppose ;) I absolutely loved Drill Dozer.

Geno's a solid choice too. SMRPG will always be one of my favorite games, and Geno is rightfully a Mario universe character. It's only a technicality that he's owned by Square Enix.

Wait, you wanted just one?

Fine, I'll pick one of my favorite ex-Nintendo duos as my dream pick that'll never actually happen: Banjo-Kazooie. For whatever reason, the B-K games will always be special to me, and I remember the N64 Rareware heydays when Banjo and Kazooie were pretty much first party characters. Sigh, those were the days.

So there ya go @samusrules93, Banjo-Kazooie for the win!
I like all your idea, save Ray. I played the GCN game and it was pretty bad, unfortunately. However, if the other games were better I suppose you could do worse than to have a giant robot in Brawl.

So far I haven't seen anyone post about Sephiroth...He could kick everyones brawl A**.I mean, come on, What could be more fun than to hit Mario upside the head with Sephiroth's sword?:laugh:And his theme song could go with his own level, you know, It would be a few platforms, in the background there would be a bunch of flames, and if you fell off the platform, you get blasted back up with some damage, kind of like that acid stuff in Samus' level, can't remember it's name.You know what I mean?Plus, a much better pick than -Sora- That little panzy...:mad:His game made me spend time with Disney characters...**** him for bringing Goofy and Donald with.Now whenever I think about that game I can hear Goofy going "Hyuck"
Final Fantasy VII might be all that, but its also a Sony exclsuive. Still, I can't judge. I'd give an arm and a leg to see King Trode in Brawl.

yeah, kingdom hearts is awesome, can't wait for number 3
Maybe we'll see KH3 on Wii? On instead of Disney junk, Sora's sidekicks will be the Skull Kid and Geno. Still, I can't attest to the KH games' quality since I've never played them. Maybe this summer...

Wiseguy: It took me a good while to get around to it, but I finally read all your updates, and I've noticed a disturbing lack of Viewtiful Joe...
Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Nintendo Power still sings this game's praises every opportunity they get. I might just check that game out.

That totally doesn't sound perverted. :p

I only played one level of Drill Dozer, but from what I saw, it's one of those games that'll be totally lost in time in a few years. Like Princess Crown for the Saturn, or Space Station: Silicon Valley for N64. Get it if you see it.
Hey Mr. Encyclopedia: isn't there a Spacestation game coming out for Wii? I thought I saw an artcile to that effect in Nintendo Power...

I couldn't resist. Your avatar, combined with the scenario...oh man, it was just too much.
Poor Jill. She just can't compete with the popularity of an electric rat...

You're predictions stink. Let me go through them...
Well since you asked so nicely...

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Meta Knight, Fox, Pit, Wario, and Snake are confirmed... No problems here... Let move on.
Let's.

Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Falco, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, and Marth are very likely with their movesets from Melee. Zelda and Ganondorf are very likely with new moves.
Stating something as fact does not make it so. Ste reason why, and I'll engade you in what we in the Brawl Dicussion ection call "discussion".

Peach's unique moves in Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island DS, and Super Paper Mario involve the Parasel and Floating, which Peach already HAS from Melee... They would just add Psych Bomb as her Final Smash and give her parasel a face.
I don't really care if Peach get's a new moveset or keeps her old one. But if the later happens, she will be nerfed to kingdom come.

Mewtwo deserves to return from Melee because he's the big bad of the Pokemon Series. We got Bowser and Ganondorf, and Pokemon is part of the trio. We got to have Mewtwo!
If Mewtwo is to Pokemon what ganondorf is to Zelda, why has his importance in the recent games dwindled/

Falco deserves to return from Melee because it makes sense for he and Fox to share moves, as they train together. Wolf would NOT be a Fox Clone!
Wolf doesn't have to be Fox clone, but it is a possibilty and a likely one at that. It makes a lot more sense than making Ganondorf a Falcon clone.

Marth deserves to return from Melee because he is the only Fire Emblem Lord to star in two games and his own OVA. Also he's the first Fire Emblem Lord, so replacing him would be like replacing Ness (who looks so much like Ninten from Mother 1) with Lucas. Not happening!
Wrong. Ike has starred as the main lord in two FE games: Path of Radiance and Goddess of Dawn. These games are also popular in Japan and (unlike Marth's games) outside Japan. Ike will most definitely replace Marth, as he is the new face of Fire Emblem. Also, he has the advantage of NOT looking like a sissy.

Mr. Game & Watch deserves to return from Melee as he was Nintendo's first hero and the Game & Watch games were the ancestors of both the Game Boy and DS line... Also Nintendo loves to reference the guy!
G&W was certainly deserving of a guest appearance in Smash Bros, but with so many other retro characters equally deserving of a spot in Brawl, expect to see him gone.

Ice Climbers deserves to return from Melee, and this is the big reason why non-clone characters will return is that THEY ALREADY HAVE A SUITABLE MOVESET!!! Also, they all appeared in the most popular game for GameCube, and are thus more well-know than someone like Balloon Fighter.
The fact that they already have a suitable moveset in Melee doesn't mean that they are any less time consuming to program into Brawl. The fact that they appeared in Melee is not reason enough to return. There are plenty of replacements who would be are more worthy and would be just as popular.

Alright, let's go to new New Nintendo characters...
Let's.

Got no problems with Bowser Jr, Lucario, Ridley, Dedede, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Captain Olimar, Ike, Kalas, Isaac, or ROB.
I'm glad you approve.

Midna & Wolf Link, Midna as a Twili, and Skull Kid are less likely than Tingle, merely on the basis that Tingle is a recurring character and a LOT more well-known than Balloon Fighter. Also, who doesn't want to beat up Tingle?
Tingle has appeared in more Zelda games than Midna - except the one that matters the most: Twilight Princess. As the most recent, and currently the most popular, game in the series you can bet that most of the characters in brawl will be from this game. As the main character in TP, Midna is a shoe in.

Deoxys is from Ruby & Sapphire... Lucario pimps out Diamond & Pearl.
They both suck. Next.

How can Dark Samus be a clone of Samus, if Samus will be switching to Zero Suit Samus mid-match?
DS could easily be a luigified clone of Suited Samus. In addition to being floatier, slower and more powerful she would lack the ability to transform.

Wolf, of course, should NOT BE A CLONE OF FOX!
Should he? Arguable. Will he? Probably.

King K. Rool is... Well you got his moveset right, if he wasn't too obscure and Western for Brawl. Dark Samus suffers from this also, except the Japanese aren't making Metroid games anymore.
K. Rool is far from obscure, he's the third most important character in the DK series.

As for "too western" the same could be said for Zero Suit Samus.

Other Fire Emblem characters besides Marth and Ike... Unfortunally no. Fire Emblem is not that big a series.
The large number of FE characters on Sakurai's poll tells a different story.

Samurai Goroh... F-Zero is not that popular a series.
Numa Dude! Sic 'em.

Poo... Mother/Earthbound is not a series Nintendo seems to like, also it'd be a character from Mother 3.
That's why I included one original character and one clone.

Tom Nook... Well, if you MUST have an Animal Crossing character... I think it'd fit an arena more.
We must.

Mii... Okay, The Wii Series is popular, but I think these guys will be replacing the Polygons and Wireframes. It makes sense.
Or they could be included as a playable character AND the new polygons.

Kahn... Big problem with EBA/Ouedan is the fact that they have to be fitted to the region...
True enough. That's why he's in my runnerup list under: Not Impossible.

Paper Mario? Best idea EVAR!1!!!
(This is a fake quote.)

Thanks, but you should learn to spell.

Balloon Fighter is less popular than Tingle even if Tingle's popularity comes from utter hated... But then, who here DIDN'T buy the N64 classic SSB game just to pummel Pikachu, with the likes of Link, Mario, and Samus?
Actually, my copy of Smash Bros 64 was a gift.

Mac... well he has a chance since he appeared in Fight Night Round 2 (Oh, shush about him being the Super Punch-Out!! guy, none of the other PUnch-Out games named their hero, so they are all assumed to be Mac by Nintendo reasoning, since that's the default name)
And all this time I thought the hero of the Zelda series was named Link. Come to discover, his is actually called: *insert name here*

Louie... Pikmin is not a popular enough game to waste two spots on... Maybe one, but not two.
Good point. Maybe that's why I put him in my runners up list...

Now for the third-parties...
Oh the suspense...

Sonic, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Geno, Bonk, Pac-Man, all good choices though I shall comment on each.
Oh, please do.

Sonic's competing with Mario at the Olympics. Not exactly the crossover we were looking for, but... I don't think Sonic will be in Brawl now. Sure, everyone wants him in Brawl, but that is because they want to pit him against Mario. It seems to me that Nintendo and Sega knew about this and put the long-awaited Mario/Sonic crossover on more even terms for Sonic, because Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Amy have no chance in Brawl and Mario has **** near all his friends likely to be in it. Mario & Sonic is on more even terms and will be a more enhanced version of the Wii Series, and thus be the best selling game on Wii.
Mario and Sonic selling better than Brawl? I doubt it.

Without Sonic, there is no point in putting Bonk in Brawl.
Brilliant observation.

As for Mega Man, there is good news. Hideo Kojima is good friends with Kenji Inafune, the Mega Man creator. Kojima can pull some strings.
Great, except that neither of those guys own their characters - the game companies do. It was Konami that decided to include Snake, not Koijima.

Simon Belmont, well Konami's here so why not?
Why not indeed.

Geno, despite being owned by Square Enix, is considered a first-party character.
Good point. The fact that a character is created and owned by a third party developer doesn't make it a third party character at all. RRRIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT.....

Cloud Strife has more of a chance than Crono, Sora, or King Trode. Sora is owned by Disney. Square-Enix has forgotten about the Chrono Series. King Trode never appeared on a Nintendo console.
So what if Disney owns Sora? Why would they be any harder to negociate with than Sega or Capcom?

King Trode never appeared on a Nintendo console.
Oh Snap, I hadn't thought of that. If I had, I would have said so IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

Jessica Albert however has a good chance as she appeared in Itadaki Street DS for the Nintendo DS which crosses Dragon Quest with Mario!
Uh-huh... sure...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I love the F-Zero series, and I personally think the series deserves three reps minimum for sheer awesomeness alone.

But I'm really worried about the franchise. In spite of being a masterpiece GX failed to sell well, the anime was cancelled or "finished" (depending on how you look at it), the Pit Stop is the least used section of Smashboards and Nintendo has announced no plans to continue the series. Let's hope Nintendo unveils a new DS or Wii game at E3.
When you say it like that it would seem the Series is in danger of under representation again but F-Zero is one of Nintendo's oldest and most popular series. Sure you don't see them alot but that doesn't mean that the game has no fans. I bet that if Nintendo where to unveil a DS or Wii online version then the pit stop would FLOOD with people talking about the new game. Really the only reason people think it's not popular anymore is because their haven't been many games recently but Nintendo would have to be utter fools to stop making their premier racing franchise.

Numa Dude! Sic 'em.
I would have but he made a big enough fool of himself by saying that a franchise with 10 games and an anime was too small for three smash reps.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
To be fair, that anime was canceled after several episodes. Your point still stands though.

And F-zero, while I've never played one of the games, deserves at least another rep. There's just something about racers getting out of their vehicles and with their surprising super human powers (if Captain Falcon is anything to go by) duke it out with the likes of Mario and Link that screams pure awesomeness.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I thought the FE anime was canceled after 2 episodes in both the US and Japan?

Or are you talking about the F-Zero anime and I misunderstood your post?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think he meant the FE anime

@wiseguy
i didn't say that you didn't like GX, i was arguing with someone else at the time. though i highly doubt any clones in brawl, if they end up getting pressed for time again, (i hope not)they might put 1 or 2 clones in. but wolf, dark samus, and samurai gorah are too popular to be clones. if they are actually being added as we speak, or even started to be added, there is no way they will be clones. ohh, you can get banned for fake quotes, so be careful. i've seen it happen.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've updated my runnerup list again. Enjoy.

When you say it like that it would seem the Series is in danger of under representation again but F-Zero is one of Nintendo's oldest and most popular series. Sure you don't see them alot but that doesn't mean that the game has no fans. I bet that if Nintendo where to unveil a DS or Wii online version then the pit stop would FLOOD with people talking about the new game. Really the only reason people think it's not popular anymore is because their haven't been many games recently but Nintendo would have to be utter fools to stop making their premier racing franchise.
I hope your right Numa Dude. I'd hate to see the F-Zero series vanish forver.

i think he meant the FE anime

@wiseguy
i didn't say that you didn't like GX, i was arguing with someone else at the time. though i highly doubt any clones in brawl, if they end up getting pressed for time again, (i hope not)they might put 1 or 2 clones in. but wolf, dark samus, and samurai gorah are too popular to be clones. if they are actually being added as we speak, or even started to be added, there is no way they will be clones. ohh, you can get banned for fake quotes, so be careful. i've seen it happen.
Sorry, my mistake about the F-Zero thing. It's easy to get confused with really long quote fests.

I think they could do justice to characters like Goroh and still make them clones. Falco and Luigi, for example were very well done.

I'll edit my earlier post, so it's clear that I was only joking. Thanks for the warning, I had no idea you could be banned for something like that.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Drill Dozer Jill's (Possible) Moveset

In the aim of getting more Drill Dozer converts, I have been motivated to come up with a moveset for Jill. Hope those of you that know about Drill Dozer already enjoy, and I hope this intrigues those of you that don't :chuckle:

The gears in my head have turned, and here's the result:

Jill, big boss of the Red Dozer gang of thieves:

-A ATTACKS-

A - Left Jab
AA - Right Jab
AAA - Left Uppercut

Dash Attack - Jill slides forward on the Dozer's underside, drill bit extended (think baseball slide).

Tilt Side - The Dozer's arms jab forward then sweep out.
Tilt Up - Three rapid upward punches with the Dozer's arms.
Tilt Down - Jill spins and sweeps low with the Dozer's arms.

Smash Side - Drilling hit a la Bowser's Smash Up: a few little hits that draw in the victim, then a big knockback blow.
Smash Up - Jill sticks the Dozer's arms out to the side, claps them up together and drills upward.
Smash Down - Jill drills into the ground, spinning the Dozer's body and striking both sides.

Neutral Air - Jill spins horizontally, striking both sides with the Dozer's arms.
Up Air - Jill backflips and the Dozer kicks upward.
Down Air - Pogo drill downward. Jill meteors the enemy and gets a little hop out of it.
Forward Air - A one-two forward move, Jill quickly drills in front and then separates the Dozer's arms to knockback the enemy.
Back Air - One of the Dozer's arms swings around and backhands behind Jill.

-THROWS-

Grab - Simple, she just grabs the enemy with the Dozer's arms.
Grab Attack - Jill stands up in the Dozer and hits the enemy held in the Dozer's arms.

Up Throw - The enemy is held high and Jill headbutts them upward.
Down Throw - Slams the enemy at her feet and drills downward into them.
Front Throw - The Dozer's arms come up together as the drill, spin the enemy and releases them forward.
Back Throw - The Dozer's arms come up together as the drill, spin the enemy and releases them backward.

-B SPECIALS-

B - Starts the Dozer's drill. Holding B keeps the drill running, releasing stops it. Pressing B again while the drill is running will shift gears (for those that haven't played the game, the drill becomes more powerful when shifted up to a max of third gear). Jill can walk with the drill running, but she will stay facing the direction she started drilling regardless of which way she walks. She cannot jump while drilling. The drill blocks projectiles, but explosive ones risk hitting Jill as the drill isn't very long.
Side B - Jill tucks into the Dozer and dashes horizontally, riding on its drive gear; can be a side recovery move (this was a move in Drill Dozer to fit in small tunnels and cross gaps).
Up B - Air Prop. A propeller sprouts from the nose of the drill, which lifts Jill up and floats her down. I see this being a very floaty jump for an otherwise quick falling character; the Dozer isn't a good jumper. If Jill catches an enemy from below, they'll be drilled into as she passes through them.
Down B - Jill drills into the ground and unearths a random throwing item. These items would be exclusive to Jill like Peach's turnips, ranging from simple rocks to the treasures found in her game.

-FINAL SMASH-

Red Dozer Backup Attack! The Red Dozer HQ van drives across the stage, plowing enemies and sending them flying.

D

Deleted member

Wow, this rocketed up fast. Anyone want to give me an update on things in this topic? I was away for ages.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Before I get started, let me clear something up:

Fire Emblem never had a serialized anime, just an OVA (called, conveniently, "Fire Emblem"), which is sort of like a made-for-TV movie, only it's animated. However, I don't know if there were supposed to be more than 2 episodes...cuz' that's all there is. Anyway, it wasn't ever tied to a specific release schedule like most anime is (1-3 episodes per month, depending on how large the studio that's making it is. For instance, as of now, Toei, the guys behind DBZ and One Piece, manage about 4 episodes of any given series a month, and they're regularly producing 2-5 different series! Then there're studios like Bones, of Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain fame, that only pump out 2 episodes from one series per month, due to their relatively small size and high work quality), but made under the sole restriction of budget. Both episodes have been dubbed/subbed and are available in North America (just be prepared for some weird character names...apparently ADV thinks Marth should've been called "Mars").

...Where was I again? Forgive me my rambling ways.

F-ZERO GP Legend has a total 51 episodes, all of which aired in Japan on a regular month-by-month basis. The show was canceled (i.e. stopped airing without a conclusion) in North America.

Now that that's out of the way...

Wiseguy said:
Interesting tactic. respond to my quote with another one of my quotes on an unrelated matter.
My bad. I meant to repond to that, but I must've missed it. What I was going to say was something to the effect of: "the characters from BW are all really bad sterotypes, and the game wasn't as good as any of the AW games anyway".

Wiseguy said:
In Symphonia? There was multiplayer in the Gamecube version. A complete blast, by the way.
No no, I meant in Abyss; there's no multiplayer option. From the pulled out camera (the zoome-in camera from Symphonia really hurt multiplayer), you'd think there would be a multiplayer mode, but no...a strictly single player affair.

Wiseguy said:
I can hardly believe it, but I watched every last one of them. Funny stuff, but please don't put me through that again.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2008304

Wiseguy said:
Mach Rider was suppposed to me in Melee? This is news to me. Maybe his chances are greater than I thought...
Ever wonder why his theme song plays during the Bg Blue stage?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRnE43j7c1g

Personally, I don't believe those rumors (Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter), just on principle.

Wiseguy said:
I played the GCN game and it was pretty bad, unfortunately. However, if the other games were better I suppose you could do worse than to have a giant robot in Brawl.
The DS one's definitely an improvement, but from what I've seen of the pre-GCN iterations, there's not much to love about the series.

Wiseguy said:
Maybe we'll see KH3 on Wii? On instead of Disney junk, Sora's sidekicks will be the Skull Kid and Geno. Still, I can't attest to the KH games' quality since I've never played them. Maybe this summer...
Never gonna' happen. Reaction Commands would never work out.

"Warp Snipe: Teleport across the room and swing your Wii Remote in a vertical arc to reflect enemy lasers back at them!"

Wiseguy said:
Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Hey Mr. Encyclopedia: isn't there a Spacestation game coming out for Wii? I thought I saw an artcile to that effect in Nintendo Power...[/QUOTE]Space Station Tycoon, from Namco-Bandai (Bandai-Namco?) and...I don't know the developer, but it's coming in August for Wii and I think PSP.

SAMaine said:
But then, who here DIDN'T buy the N64 classic SSB game just to pummel Pikachu, with the likes of Link, Mario, and Samus?
Hey, I bought one so I could find out who that 'guy' in the space suit was. :lick:

SAMaine said:
Sora is owned by Disney.
I have yet to see any proof of this. The only thing anyone's directed me to is the KH2 website, which only lists "all FF characters" as property of Square-Enix. It never mentions the "KH characters", like Kairi and Xigbar, as being owned by anyone...but I don't see why you'd assume that a character created by SE, for use in a SE-developed game would be the property of anyone but SE.

SAMaine said:
Gah! The Itadaki Street games are even worse than the Mario Party games of late! Don't even mention a character from one being in Smash!

Wiseguy said:
I've updated my runnerup list again. Enjoy.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Chief Mendez said:
No no, I meant in Abyss; there's no multiplayer option. From the pulled out camera (the zoome-in camera from Symphonia really hurt multiplayer), you'd think there would be a multiplayer mode, but no...a strictly single player affair.
Abyss is multiplayer, just like Symphonia. You just have to set the other characters in the group to manual mode as opposed to auto. Though the PS2 doesn't make it easy for all 4 characters to be player controlled, seeing as you need a multi-tap for 4 players.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I have yet to see any proof of this. The only thing anyone's directed me to is the KH2 website, which only lists "all FF characters" as property of Square-Enix. It never mentions the "KH characters", like Kairi and Xigbar, as being owned by anyone...but I don't see why you'd assume that a character created by SE, for use in a SE-developed game would be the property of anyone but SE.
It doesn't have to make sense to you as long as it's the truth. Just because you make something doesn't mean you own it. You have to own the copyright for it to own the copyright for it, which Disney does.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Then show me a copyright, and I'll let it go.

Luke: I never knew that...holy poop. I must've been thinking of Legendia.

Top Bottom