• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I hope not many. It was unique. Now it's just typical :urg: Link, CSLink, Samus, Zamus, Ivy, oh my...
Same with peachs gliding with UpB, now Snake and the "gliders"
And floating like Kirby and Pit and MK and Chari, BF and Jiggs and maybe Ridley still. that's enough.
But I guess with a big enough roster, the proportions won't be too out of wack so it's all good. They know what they're doing ;)
I think o_O

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yeah, with all of these new abilities it seems pretty hetic. Same deal with the new features, Music Mode, Trophies are back, and Stickers? I hope that I don't have to see a new update on The Modes Section saying "What is Super Smash Kart?"

Picture of MArio in his Kart and Kirby on his star

What's this? Smash now uses fun karts?
Pictue of Blue Falcon speeding by Pikachu, forced to run by foot.

Woah, looks like Captain Falcon's really fast in his Blue Falcon. Slow down!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yhea remember that time in F-Zero when Captain Falcon actually jumped out of his machine and started uses special fighting moves against all the other racers? No! Didn't think so.

Seriously the move argument is the worst argument against a character there is.

But who knows how he could have walked... and WW Link deserves to be in way more than Skull kid and Midna combined.
Wh do I doubt this? WW Link is more than Midna and Skullkid combined? He's another Link, for Pete's sake! How can he be better then unique characters like Midna and Skullkid.

Let me show you in a scorechart form:

Character:
1st: Midna
2nd: WW Link
3rd: Skullkid

They're al pretty even, but Midna's performace trumped both of them, her spunk was unique and called to mind Tatle from MM. She was
the Twilight Princess
and performed beautifully.

WW Link was a dynamic character , although he only had one line (Alright!) his eyes spoke volumes and he changed from the little kid to the warrior in a believable way, right down to
him stabbbing Ganondorf's head

Skullkid was, in my opinion, a great villian. In only one cinematic it made you hate him for taking your horse and turning you into a Deku Shrub. He also played the hurt villian, being overcome by the mask and eventually gaining redemtion. His TP character lacked all of that, making him just an annoying sub-boss esque character.

Uniqueitude:
1st: Midna
2nd: Skull Kid
3rd: WW Link

Let's face it, Midna's hair for projectiles and long range attacks/tether recovery is awesome tie that in with her quadreped status with Wolf Link and you've got one sweet team.

Skull Kid got second due to his abilities showcased in MM and TP. The teleporting and calling of enemies from TP screams moves in Brawl and that scream of his seems to, well, scream taunt (Just a little less annoying please)

Well, WW Link got third due to his Link status. Although he could be differentiated by using an array of weapons from WW I doubt that he won't use his sword or other generic 'Link' stuff.

Evidence:
1st: WW Link
2nd: Midna
3rd: Skull Kid

WW Link seems pretty obvious, seeing as he is an obvious replacement to YL and is head of his own game style that was birthed on the GC. (WW) He would make a good contrast to the realism of the TP Link, but makes a good companion to thge more chibified characters like Kirby and Pikachu.

Midna is TP, in fact, one of the major new characters to the series. She was part of the games hook (Turning into Wolf Link) and was the actual
Twilight Princess
. She killed Zant once (alibeit he came back to life) and guided Link in the right diredtion. Seeing as Brawl is taking a TP route, Midna makes a close second.

Skullkid was a minor character in TP, which make me not get my hopes up of anything more than a simple AT, but hey, he could make it, there's always that chance. Ah, who am I kidding. Although it would be awesome, little evidence supports this wooden antagonist.

Total:
Midna: 8
WW Link: 6
Skull Kid: 4

Well, looks like WW Link comes in second with 6 points, and I did this totally on logic with no bias entering this at all, personally, I'd like to see both Midna and WW Link.

'Nuff said.

P.S: Wouldn't get my hopes up for Meowth, Sakurai knows we've had it up to here with 1st gen Pokemon
Wind Waker Link for Brawl. He's one the newest Link, the most original Link, and his game [Phantom Hourglass] is the newest Zelda game. Plus c'mon, cel-shaded is confirmed in Brawl via Tingle's cel-shaded trophy. SO HA, his chances are double that of Midna's! :grin:

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, with all of these new abilities it seems pretty hetic. Same deal with the new features, Music Mode, Trophies are back, and Stickers? I hope that I don't have to see a new update on The Modes Section saying "What is Super Smash Kart?"

Picture of MArio in his Kart and Kirby on his star

Quote:
What's this? Smash now uses fun karts?

Pictue of Blue Falcon speeding by Pikachu, forced to run by foot.

Quote:
Woah, looks like Captain Falcon's really fast in his Blue Falcon. Slow down!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Kind of an interesting idea, sparked by your comment, there, jimmywhatevacomesnext.

C-Falcon Final Smash- jumps in the Blue Falcon. Hit-and-runfest.

*probably been mentioned a billion times already*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ergh Wiseguy, you only have two third party characters. We will at least have 3, defiinitely. There is no chance in Hell sonice won't be playable, seriously. Belmont is a class D character, while Sonic is clas AAA, according to sales. Geno lacks importance next to Sonic, and Sonic's fanbase eats both Belomont's and Geno's fanbase alive. If Sonic isn't in Brawl, Sega will be boycotted to extremes that Devil May Cry 4 and Capcom will never dream of seeing. And quite frankely, having Geno before Megaman is wrong, just flat out wrong. Megaman is a icon, Geno appeared in two games, and one was a cameo appearance. Sure I think we'll see Geno in Brawl, but Megaman is just simply higher priority. Heck, SMRPG didn't ever reach Europe, and was pretty overlooked next to Chrono Trigger [saadly].

And you have the Black Knight and Miciah over Marth=??? Sakurai shows his love for classic characters in the Ice Climbers, and quite frankely Miciah is unnecciassry [since Ike also helps sells of GoD], and his roll in three times as important as her's in the series, and the Black King is not even 1/5th as important as Marth. Face it, Marth is all but confirmed, and has much better chances then Shiek [in which, it should be Shiek vs. Midna, and WW Link should be in, since ya know he is more important then the two of them combined]. The Black Knight still has a good shot [facing down Roy], but Miciah is a big NO!

And the AC villagers...and no Miis=??? They appear in the background of Smashville, and the Miis don't even appear in the ACTUAL GAME [aka fighting], and since Mr Resetti, K.K. Slidder, TOm Nook, and the AC humans have been deconfirmed..."who ya gonna call?" The Miis! :laugh: Suer the Miis never appeared in a AC game before, bu who are they gonna rep, the Wii=??? :lauigh: I'm actually more confident about the Miis chances more now then ever. Just show me how a online icon effects the battle [anyone], and how it deconfirms then next to characters making a appearance in the background. I dare you. :p

No Lucario=incorrect. Allow me to explain. Simply put, Sakurai will do wat the big fanbases tell him to [though he'll still put in characters he likes]. He's going to put in the top 6 or 7 most desired 1st/2nd party characters for Brawl. He's put in Ike and Diddy Kong, two of the five most desired characters for Brawl. The other three you ask=???? Ridley, then King Dedede, then LUCARIO, then Krystal, and then someone else. Simply put, not repping the newest Pokémon gen is stupid, and Sakurai won't do it. Especially since it's sales have already outsold the 3rd gen, and WILL eventually outsell the 1st and 2nd gne, by a great margin. Lucario is in Brawl for all I'm concerned.

About the PT being one character, let me explain. If the trophies, PT, wi-fi online, deep indepth adventure mode, new pysics, stickers, Assist Trophies, and Pokéball [Pokémon] tell us anything, it is that the Brawl developers have lots of time, money, and a HUGE TEAM! Therefore I conclude that the PT is actually one character. Sakurai's Brawl team clearly is bigger then Nintendo's other AAA franchise's that have Wii games, like MP3, TP, and Galaxy. Simply put, Lucario is ALL BUT CONFIRMED. There is no excuse for 4 reps of Nintendo's 2nd biggest series, while Zelda gets 5. Plus by the 6th gen of Pokémon, Pokémon will outsell Mario. Definitely. :grin:

And if Lucas is in and no Ness, EarthBound/Mother fanbases will be further outraged. Not just has Reggie been a dumb a** by not giving them Mother 1 and 3, but he's probably never going to give them it. And in case you don't realize, the EarthBound cult following fanbase is the biggest of the 4th gen gaming era, behind really only Donkey Kong Country [and SMRPG is about the same size, along with Chrono Trigger/Chross in the 4th/5th gen of gaming]. Simply put, Ness will be in Brawl, unless Reggie goes against his previous statements [which are hate towards EarthBound fans], and pleases them for once. So Lucas could still make it in Brawl, but Ness is MUCH HIGHERE prioritey, and he's a retro classic character *points at Ice Climbers*

Basically, Reggie has hated on EarthBound fans enough [saying he's annoyed by them], and Sakurai would just give the EarthBound fans a knee to the balls replacing Ness with Lucas. Even if Lucas brought new EarthBound fans, Reggie will continue to ingnore them, focusing too much on a broad perspective of the future, and caring too much about non-gamers over their most dedicated fanbasess. If Sakurai has Ness, they'll be content, and if Sakurai has both...well the EarthBound fanbase would be happy. Real. Happy. ;)

And worse of all....NO CLONES! NO CLONES! Great, now I'm the sole clone entusiast. Well I say, BRING EM' ON! :chuckle: I can take em'...and I'm still betting on clones in Brawl. Since Sakurai wants to please fanbases, there is no way around it, in characters like CSLink, Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Dark Samus, Roy/the Black Knight [since I don't see Roy/the BK having any chance of being original, due to time constrants], and Lucas. Simply put, Sakurai wants to please many diffrent fanbases, and there is no way around it, but with clones, definitely.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is more evidence and reasoning to believe AC is getting a rep and Mii's aren't going to appear as PC than not

zigzaghakr

Smash Journeyman
every one me as an idiot cannot be bothered to read it all so ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
JK1... what the hell?

You're saying that Luigi and CS Link would be a clone? Luigi wasn't even a clone in Melee... :ohwell:

Plus aren't all of the CS Link fanboys/fangirls trying to argue that CS Link would not be a clone of Link?

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I've been lurking on this board for a days now and think its time to make an account. Since its generaly considered that this is a sort of character inlcusion discussion thread i will post my roster. It doesnt take into account transformations and is over 40 characters. (NB - This roster was created in a frame of reason and rationality but is also heavily biased to me, well becuase its my roster).

**Mario Series**
1. Mario
2. Peach
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Bowser Jr
6. Geno

- I think people by large agree on how high Geno's chances are in brawl. I mean he did appear higher than Olimar on Sakurai's poll. Joint second in fact with Ike (yes, that previously confirmed Ike), Krystal and Ridley. Anyway his appearance doesnt show big-papa-Sakurai considers him 1st or 2nd party but more consideres the rights to be easy to obtain. Bowser Jr is a strong possibiliy as well. I'll let the experts argue for his inclusion.

**Pokemon Series**
7. Pikachu
8. Jigglypuff
9. Mewtwo
10. Pokemon Trainer
11. Lucario

-No arguments here im sure.

**The Legend Of Zelda Series**
12. Link
13. Zelda-Sheik (for this list i'l count characters as in playability, if thats actually a word, and i'm not taking into account production time/character model etc..ergo Sheik-Zelda=One Character)
14. Ganondorf
15. WW Cell Shaded Link
16. Vaati *OR* Minda

-I was skeptical to cell shading at first but the numerous WW Link move sets have turned me to his favour. However if LOZ is indeed going to get five reps his inclusion raises a question over Vaati. Should the cell-shaded zelda games be given 2 reps, would he be better suited to being a boss in the S.E.? I'm personally all for minda (who appears to be the next most popular choise - sorry Skull Kid fans) and for vaati but not both.

**Metroid Series**
17. Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
18. Ridley

-Ridley is essential. Metroid is important enough a franchise for at least 3 reps. There is no worthy characters who bring anything new. Sakurai throws in Zero-Suit Samus. End.

**Star Fox Series**
19. Fox
20. Krystal
21. Falco

-I know, i know it doesnt read Wolf two lines above this. Thats becuase i think they both have as much move set potential as each other without being clones. And with the S.E. recruiting bosses and how easy it would be to clone Wolf from Fox for the S.E. as well as Flaco's established popularity with smashers i think all roads are leading to falco at this point.

**Kirby Series**
22. Kirby
23. Meta Knight
24. King DeeDee

-Again nothing to say here.

**Donkey Kong Series**
25. Donkey Kong
26. Diddy Kong
27. King K Rool

-WHOA THERE PICKLE? This rosters been following the status quo of other rosters so far. I thought it was unanimously decided that Donkey Kong's many many franchises wern't popular any more and King K Rool doesnt have any originaliy and would be a bowser clone. If you thought that as you saw KKR's name just now then...you were probably reading it in your head. But if you had thought that previously you are quite wrong. I know D.K. and co's popularity is dwindling lately but that still doesnt detract from the fact its nintendo's 4th selling franchise and the 9th biggest selling OF ALL TIME (source - wikipedia - so take that with a pinch of salt) and deserves as much as the star fox franchise which has only had 5 or 6 games (im not sure). However should we judge character inclusion on importance alone? No or we'd end up having smash brothers with Walugi and Daisy ad Mother Brain. King K Rool however does also have tremendous moveset potential. Look at his many aliases over the years (KAptain K Rool)...all one extremly creative game devoloper would have to do would be to merge all these into a moveset. I dont have the imagination but thats why im not working for nintendo...that and the court order Miyamoto has out on me. Also who would be angry at K Rools inclusion? Not many of you im sure. He ticks the three boxs - importance, moveset potential and to a lesser extent popularity. Not sometihng many do.

**Earthbound/Mother**
28. Ness *or* Lucas
29. Masked Man

-Ahh the Ness Lucas debate. Sometihng i dont get to involved in becuase i like both and am open to either being included. PSI presents moveset potential that would differ the two. Even if they would look alike. One solution i have is Ness is there for the PSI moveset, the smashers who know him only from mellee and 64. And for the mother 3 fans who want the most recent chapter in the series repped is to include The Masked Man. He has more than enough moveset potential with his beamsword/robotic appearence etc. It might spoil Mother 3 but it'd be worth it and opens the door to its international release on virtual console atleast.

**Wario/Yoshi/Series that have evolved out of Mario Franchises**
30. Yoshi
31. Wario

-I hate yoshi for the record and will enjoy smashing the annoying things face in at the brawl.

**Fire Emblem Series**
32. Ike
33. Micaiah

-Dont get me wrong i love Fire Emblem but these delusions of grandure its fans have around the internet regarding smash is annoying. 3,4 or sometimes 5 character spots wasted on a series that only made it out Japan a few years ago and to be fair is nothing short of your generic japanese rpg. Dont get me wrong i love fire emblem (deja vu?) but it deserves 2 reps at most. Marth i take is a goner since Ike seems to have a very similar moveset. Of course they could speed the smegger up and give him an agility based swordsmans moveset..but it looks like meta knight took up that. Black Knight is perfect Ike clone for the devolopers to turn into a boss battle in the S.E.

**F-Zero**
34. Captain Falcoln

-Black Shadow is a menace to smash brothers. The fact people are considering this generic, boring, unimportant, movesetpotentialess, pile of sludge is a testament to how awesome F-Zero is and how people want 2 reps. I think black shadow is generic villain in every way...appearance, name, mannerisms, personality. Did i mention he has no move set potential...probably ive typed that alot lately. He is also not as important to the series as Samurai Goroh and Pico and its safe to say that Goroh deconfirmation was a message from Sakurai that the Captain flys the flag for F-Zero alone this time.

**Retro Characters**
35. Ice Climbers
36. Pit
37. Mr. Game And Watch
38. Sukapon

-Lil Mac, Baloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, Exciteabike man. There so much potential for future smash's but for now ive chose Sukapon adn MR-G&W. The icon theory more or less confirms G+W...alogn with the fact he has an original moveset. He'll be different this time around. Probably to destract you from the new WTF? character - Sukapon. The guy oozes moveset potential and was the star of nintendo's first (good) fighting game.

**Other Franchises**
39. Captain Olimar
40. Tom Nook **OR** Animal Corssing Human
41. Ray 01
42. Isaac

-Olimar is in end of story. An Animal Crossing character is also in - it could be Nook. Those people could be his nephews in the background. I'm not going to talk about that anymore im sick of hearing about it. However two charcters who are vastly popular from nintendo's canon of characters. Isaac and Ray01. Both have moveset potential and Isaac (as im sure youve seen) has much more beyond his generic swordsman with stupid hair appearance would suggest. Ray-01 has a larger franchise still going and not two games and a cult following. I went for both becuase i couldnt decide between the two. I mean 45 charcters is not too mcuh to ask for considering the patitence we've had to display with Smash and the time they've had to perfect this game.

**3rd Party**
43. Solid Snake
44. Sonic
45. Mega Man **OR** Bomberman **OR** Banjo-Kazooie **OR** Master-Chief

-Ok maybe not the last one. Halo 3 rocks but Smash will...ahem...smash it to bits. Anyway. Sonic...nothing more to say that hasnt been already. I however would like to justify Snake in brawl. Metal Gear Solid is one of the greatest games ever as is MGS2 and 3. He is also one of the most well written and in-depth video game characters ever. But that isnt enough for a ticket into smash. This is essentially 'nintendo-all stars'. I know he had Metal Gear but thats not enough. Why i think Solid Snake is an excelent inclusion is becuase he represents an imporant part in nintendos history (as does Sonic) in representing Sony who are nintendo's biggest rivals. What better way to represent them by showing a charcter who prospered away from nintendo after jumping ship. I know that not WHY hes in. Hes in for business reasons and becuase Sakurai was asked by whathisname but if you look at it from that perspective then Solid Snake is infact represeting an important part of nintendos history.

Who should fill the third third place? Mega man? He was one of the biggest selling characters on the Nes and SNes and is included in Sakurais poll (however so was Sora, Chain Chomp and James Bond). An appearance in smash is exactly the sort of thing capcom would need to boost his popularity up on the vc as well as openiong them up to further business ventures on the DS/WII. Bomber man has less chance than Mega Man because he didnt feature on the poll and probably isnt as popular as MM...but Hudson and Nintendo have been rubbing shoulders alot lately. Hudson do devolop Mario Party. Both of these guys are contendors for the THIRD THIRD PARTY SLOT. But lest us not count out Banjo and Kazooie just yet. Look at the facts

-Important way to represent one of nintendo's greatest second party devolopers who also happen to be traitors. (Rare = Darth Vader of nintendo devolopers...minus the redemption)
-Probably the 2nd and 3rd greatest platform games on the n64 were BanjoANd Kazooie and Banjo- Tooie. After Mario 64 of course,
-Very popular with everyone...just noone belives they have a chance.
-Great moveset potential
-OWNED BY MICROSOFT

Lets look into that. Why would microsoft stop nintendo from using b+k? Well....why exactly. Banjo and Kazooie would not exactly raise Smash Brothers sales highter than they are..Solid Snake and the inevitale Sonic inclusion will do that. Banjo and Kazooie 3 is coming out exclusivly for XBox 360 next year. What better way to advertise than on the nintendo wii....exactly the console of choise for the platformer audience. B+K's inclusion in Brawl would greatly increase Banjo and Kazooie's sales and also might even sway nintendo fans to buy a 360...im sure many of you are considering it. And in a way thats why they wont be in...because nintendo wouldnt want to help microsoft in any way.....but its not impossible as many would argue.

So Mega-Man or Bomberman...taking into account Geno doesnt take up that place...doubtful considering th fact he originated from a mario game and doest represent a franchise.

Thats it then. I'd be more than happy see any thoughts, ratings or critisisms you have.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone that says King K. Rool would be a Bowser Clone has to be taking some kind of drugs or has never played DKC...

...DKC may not be as popular today because of certain events...But it still was a really good game and very unique, allowing 2 players to play at the same time...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ergh Wiseguy, you only have two third party characters. We will at least have 3, defiinitely. There is no chance in Hell sonice won't be playable, seriously. Belmont is a class D character, while Sonic is clas AAA, according to sales. Geno lacks importance next to Sonic, and Sonic's fanbase eats both Belomont's and Geno's fanbase alive. If Sonic isn't in Brawl, Sega will be boycotted to extremes that Devil May Cry 4 and Capcom will never dream of seeing. And quite frankely, having Geno before Megaman is wrong, just flat out wrong. Megaman is a icon, Geno appeared in two games, and one was a cameo appearance. Sure I think we'll see Geno in Brawl, but Megaman is just simply higher priority. Heck, SMRPG didn't ever reach Europe, and was pretty overlooked next to Chrono Trigger [saadly].
I whole heartedly agree, Wisey, let's see some Sonic, he should be in over Geno, I know I'll just be rehashing what Johnny just said but, Geno is lower on the deserve-o-meter than Sonic, anyone can tell you that.

And you have the Black Knight and Miciah over Marth=??? Sakurai shows his love for classic characters in the Ice Climbers, and quite frankely Miciah is unnecciassry [since Ike also helps sells of GoD], and his roll in three times as important as her's in the series, and the Black King is not even 1/5th as important as Marth. Face it, Marth is all but confirmed, and has much better chances then Shiek [in which, it should be Shiek vs. Midna, and WW Link should be in, since ya know he is more important then the two of them combined]. The Black Knight still has a good shot [facing down Roy], but Miciah is a big NO!
Yeah, I have to agree with Johnny. Although Roy should be banished at least one of the old FE characters should get in, and MArth is the prime canadate. Although BK is the most awesome being in existance and Machiah would be a fresh face to a usually all swordsman crowd, MArth should get in simply because he was in Melee. Booting off both Marth and Roy is a little bit of overkill, particularly if you're replacing them with others from the same franchise.

Although I think that, although WW Link seems to be really likely for Brawl, I don't think he should be in over Midna. And Tingle's Cel-Look is most likely based off of his most recent look, seeing as he [technically] wasn't in TP. Although I don't even think it should be Sheik vs. Midna, seeing as Sheik WILL NOT be in Brawl. Think about it: Why would Sheik be seperate from Zelda in confirmation? It makes no sense. Sheik would be a waste of a spot.

And the AC villagers...and no Miis=??? They appear in the background of Smashville, and the Miis don't even appear in the ACTUAL GAME [aka fighting], and since Mr Resetti, K.K. Slidder, TOm Nook, and the AC humans have been deconfirmed..."who ya gonna call?" The Miis! :laugh: Suer the Miis never appeared in a AC game before, bu who are they gonna rep, the Wii=??? :lauigh: I'm actually more confident about the Miis chances more now then ever. Just show me how a online icon effects the battle [anyone], and how it deconfirms then next to characters making a appearance in the background. I dare you. :p
Like I have said before Miis are in all ways superior to the AC character, They represent more, they are more customisable and thusly more unique, they bring in casual gamers and have less against them. Miis are just all around more likely then AC character.

No Lucario=incorrect. Allow me to explain. Simply put, Sakurai will do wat the big fanbases tell him to [though he'll still put in characters he likes]. He's going to put in the top 6 or 7 most desired 1st/2nd party characters for Brawl. He's put in Ike and Diddy Kong, two of the five most desired characters for Brawl. The other three you ask=???? Ridley, then King Dedede, then LUCARIO, then Krystal, and then someone else. Simply put, not repping the newest Pokémon gen is stupid, and Sakurai won't do it. Especially since it's sales have already outsold the 3rd gen, and WILL eventually outsell the 1st and 2nd gne, by a great margin. Lucario is in Brawl for all I'm concerned.
Yeah, I too have had it up to here with all of the 1st gen Pokemon, we simply need a new Pokemon that's a little more modern, and Lucario seems to be the likely canidate. I mean, it seems that there should be another Pokemon from the newer series, but I wouldn't be too downheatened if he/she doesn't make it. I think that Olimar has better chances then Krystal, but that's just me.

About the PT being one character, let me explain. If the trophies, PT, wi-fi online, deep indepth adventure mode, new pysics, stickers, Assist Trophies, and Pokéball [Pokémon] tell us anything, it is that the Brawl developers have lots of time, money, and a HUGE TEAM! Therefore I conclude that the PT is actually one character. Sakurai's Brawl team clearly is bigger then Nintendo's other AAA franchise's that have Wii games, like MP3, TP, and Galaxy. Simply put, Lucario is ALL BUT CONFIRMED. There is no excuse for 4 reps of Nintendo's 2nd biggest series, while Zelda gets 5. Plus by the 6th gen of Pokémon, Pokémon will outsell Mario. Definitely. :grin:
Yeah, I'm thinking that you may need to increase your 40 character challange to 45, it just seems more likely. If they have so much free time on their hands that they can make stickers, I think that they have enough time to program 5 more characters.

And if Lucas is in and no Ness, EarthBound/Mother fanbases will be further outraged. Not just has Reggie been a dumb a** by not giving them Mother 1 and 3, but he's probably never going to give them it. And in case you don't realize, the EarthBound cult following fanbase is the biggest of the 4th gen gaming era, behind really only Donkey Kong Country [and SMRPG is about the same size, along with Chrono Trigger/Chross in the 4th/5th gen of gaming]. Simply put, Ness will be in Brawl, unless Reggie goes against his previous statements [which are hate towards EarthBound fans], and pleases them for once. So Lucas could still make it in Brawl, but Ness is MUCH HIGHERE prioritey, and he's a retro classic character *points at Ice Climbers*

Basically, Reggie has hated on EarthBound fans enough [saying he's annoyed by them], and Sakurai would just give the EarthBound fans a knee to the balls replacing Ness with Lucas. Even if Lucas brought new EarthBound fans, Reggie will continue to ingnore them, focusing too much on a broad perspective of the future, and caring too much about non-gamers over their most dedicated fanbasess. If Sakurai has Ness, they'll be content, and if Sakurai has both...well the EarthBound fanbase would be happy. Real. Happy. ;)
Yeah, Ness is in the original 12, I doubt he's going anywhere, particularly if he's being replaced with a blonde copy of himself. MOTHER 3 never made it to Western shores and Ness did. With a little anti-nerfing for Ness he can be brought to his former glory. We can rebuild him, make him better, stronger. And yeah, Ness should be higher priority, he's been in a SSB game twice already and has woven his way into all of our hearts.

And worse of all....NO CLONES! NO CLONES! Great, now I'm the sole clone entusiast. Well I say, BRING EM' ON! :chuckle: I can take em'...and I'm still betting on clones in Brawl. Since Sakurai wants to please fanbases, there is no way around it, in characters like CSLink, Luigi, Falco, Wolf, Dark Samus, Roy/the Black Knight [since I don't see Roy/the BK having any chance of being original, due to time constrants], and Lucas. Simply put, Sakurai wants to please many diffrent fanbases, and there is no way around it, but with clones, definitely.
EXACTALLY! Have no fear Johnny, I'm a clone fan too! Not because I like clones as a copy, but I like clones because it frees up room for more characters. Some clones just off the top of my head are WW Link, BK, and Falco/Wolf.

'Nuff said.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Nice roster but Mega man is much more likely than you think... by the way Capcom is as far as we can see much more closer to Nintendo than Hudson (Zelda series, RE exclusivity etc...).

And Capcom is one of the few companies that can actually regularly make amazing games.

But seriously i hate Micaiah I really don't want her to get in than the superior in every regard (Bar not having magic of course *rolls eyes*) and you have to consider how much FE as a franchise has grown since melee...

hojiky

Smash Cadet
Wow. That is actually probably the best list I've seen so far for brawl. The only differences I would make is to

1.put Sonic in their with the 3rd spot of the 3rd parties.
2. Include some clones. Clones made melee an incredible game. Characters like fox and falco, marth and roy, dr. mario and mario made it possible to choose between speed, strength, jump ability, etc... If you didn't like one character, the other was free. Imagine if only roy and not marth had been put into melee. One of the best characters in the game would have never existed. Clones all the way!!

And banjo-kazooie would truly make an amazing character.

List rating: 9/10. Nicely done.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Uh...if Lucario's so popular, then how come he wasn't on the poll? Lucario was known by Japanese audiences since February 2005. Yet Sakurai never responded to someone who said Lucario, he only responded to someone who suggested Gardevoir and Steven Stone. So I don't think Lucario is as popular or important as you say he is, especially when you place him above Krystal, who was actually on the poll.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Well, Wiseguy, old buddy, old pal... Once Brawl hits shelves, we've got an entire night together with the whole of Sandstorm to see how accurate your predictions are.

Should be fun, no?

Warm up your fingers and be prepared; I'll keep a checklist handy to see how many you've gotten right.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
What do you mean 'likely'? I doubt Nintendo will take the time to coax Square out of characters when there already busy with getting Sonic. Plus, Geno is retro, meaning not everyone knows who is is, let alone heard of him, and he's a secondary character, meaning he has no series of his own, and he's only been in one game (Not including tiny cameos) I mean, c'mon. Tingle has better chances then that schmuck and the fact that he was on his list means nothing, James Bond and Meowth were also on the list alond with Lip and Pac-Man are they 'likely' to be in too?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
wow. I usually read everything before I post again, especially since it's been a while, but pages 278-279 were just (mutters under breath: "********").
Luke Groundwalker, Odlanier, ParamoreRiot... if you hate each other please please please just ignore each other. The rest of us don't want to hear it. In fact, I believe it's a rule of these threads that you must ignore idiots- not saying you are idiots, but if you think someone is an idiot, don't respond to them.

And thus I win the award for being completely hypocritical. Moving on.
------------------------
Anyway, MY GRAND REASON for revisiting this thread was to pass an idea by Wiseguy that severely makes me grimace:

I think Micaiah has very little chance. If your debate is between her and Black Knight, he wins. Why?

It occurred to me that what matters isn't that a game comes out before Smash comes out (meaning FE: Radiant Dawn drops before Brawl), it matters whether or not the developers working on Brawl 1) even knew about Micaiah as they first began working on Brawl, 2) actually wanted her in, and even then 3) they would have had to work very closely with the developers of Radiant Dawn to assure she has proper move sets, character design, et cetera.
I really doubt this happened.
Now, I realize this is a similar argument to the whole "only games from last generation will get in" or "it's too new" argument, but it's different. This one actually explains those ideas in a way that makes sense and allows for many potential exclusions, especially when it comes to Nintendo's top 3 franchises.

Most likely all the characters in Brawl were decided in the first year or so that Brawl was in development.

Sure- Snake has the music and a few moves from MGS4, but they were working very closely with Kojima, so even though the games (MGS4 and Brawl) are coming out near each other, it was possible to implement a few newer things.

With Micaiah though, not only did she not exist before the current game she's about to be released in, but Nintendo doesn't know how audiences will take to her and if she'll be popular, and the developers of Brawl likely didn't know anything about her potential move sets as they were deciding a roster as she was likely still being fleshed out throughout the simultaneous development of Radiant Dawn.

Therefore, because the Black Knight can already be designed from what the developers knew of him from FE:poR, he's more likely.

But in all honesty, I think Marth usurps the Black Knight as well. Ike is too different to replace him, Marth is a favorite, he provides homage to the first of the FE games (and thus would make sense for the stage to be generic), and he already has everything but a final smash done and the developers aren't going to throw away that work.
So if you want to hold on to your hopes for the Black Knight, replace Micaiah with Marth.

(neoREgen sobs as he just provided devastating logic against the character he wanted to see happen the most)

By the way, by similar argument, I also doubt Lucario over Mewtwo. (The developers of Brawl probably didn't know of the huge following Lucario would gain, as he is one of many many new Pokemon...)
---------------
Other than that, I do believe our lists are looking very similar these days.
Only differences are I lack the additional new character to the Mario series to give Sonic a spot and I've decided that Young (WW) Link and Falco will get spots over Midna and Wolf.
I grade ye 9.6/10, assuming mine is 10/10.

Behold! Perfection!
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi,
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link,
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer,
Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley,
Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede,
Fox, Falco, Krystal,
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong,
Ike, Marth,
Captain Falcon,
Ness/Lucas,
Olimar, Issac, Animal Crossing Villager,
Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch,
Snake, Sonic.
= 40

Though I guess it's not perfect. Geno definitely has a chance.

IC's were only in one game, and Sakurai has said that he does NOT consider Geno 3rd party, what that means for Geno's fate exactly, im not sure, but one thing is for sure is that if Sakurai's gonna have Geno in game, he'll do his best to make Geno at least 2nd party.
Um, may I ask what 2nd party is?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thank you very much Raym. I did not know this.
I guess I always assumed it was similar to 1st-person and 3rd-person perspective... you know, where you never really see any games in 2nd-person.

So, to reiterate what you've taught me:
1st-party= I make the game.
3rd-party= they make the game.
2nd-party= you make the game... FOR ME! whahahahaha!

yes? :)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yes. I almost forgot- fourth perspective- the existential divine.
So it's like a god creates a game and it's perfect.
5th, 6th, and 7th parties are when a god creates a game for me, you, and them.

I guess. I actually kind've believed the whole 4th party thing until zigzaghakr went off about 5-7th. If there's some truth to that PsychoIncarnate, do explain. Otherwise, this is the last I'm posting about this line of discussion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whatever. You two are so full of it!
If there are 4th-7th parties, please, do explain.
There is a 4th party...

I think it's a second party of a rivalling 1st party...

or a rivalling 4th party...

One of those...

Arteen

Smash Lord
There really isn't any such thing as fourth-party. More accurately, characters described as "fourth-party" are first- and second-party characters from rival companies, like Master Chief. Unless you're referring to four specific members of the British Parliment from 1880 to 1885, there is no such thing as fourth-party.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
wat is thread actually about again???
Its about using your brain to click on "<< First" and read the first post.

Anyways 5th party is when you sue a 2nd party for committing 4th party : P

But god i hate Micaiah I hope Black Knight gets in over her so much... he really deserve the post more than her i mean (Like i said before) not only is he a rival to Ike but he has appeared in 2 games (Big thing for FE world).

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
yeah i no but weve disappered from that
Oh no! We've all dissappeared from the list! But somehow we're still here. Perhaps if you used a dictionary? Or anything above Cat in the Hat on the Children novel shelves? Nah, jk. But grammar is important.

There technically isn't a 'fourth' party, but there is second-third party, which I guess you can cll it, let me bek it down.

1st Party- Owned by Nintendo
2nd Party- Works with Nintendo
3rd Party- Works against Nintendo
2nd-3rd Party- Works for the company working against Nintendo
Independant Party- Works for anyone.

Woah, that's a lot.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually third party is a company that just doesn't work for any of the companies... like Square or Ubisoft.

Top Bottom