• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
There is more than one AC human (as seen in the fact that there are several seen in alot of the screenshots) so stop bringing that up because it means nothing. AC humans are the face of a huge franchise for Nintendo so that is why they should be playable before Mii's. Also how are Mii's part of the touch generation if they are Wii exclusive creations and have never been on the DS?
AC humans were never even the face of the AC franchise... i would consider Tom Nook to be and the Wii franchise could easily (If it hasn't already) sell more than the AC franchise soon.

Again we are going into the realm of opinion. I find a character who can take out a leaf that turns into furniture more original than a character with a tank. In the end moveset potential is no where near as important as alot of people think although it does matter.
I find a character that rides a cow and Box's with Jesus and robo cop more original than a kid with an axe.

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN, NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND HURT YOU. NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY, NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE!
NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-
NUMA-NUMA-NUMA-BATMAN!

I don't think you understand just how many 1,000,000 is.
I dont think you realize that you can actually choose were to put them... thus all those people like Jesus and Batman that are made.

considering you where the one being immature.
And yet you were the one being immature...

The casual direction you speak of is exactly the reason Mii's won't be playable. Smash is a HARDCORE game, not a casual one like you seem to think. I have already explained in detail why Midna isn't the protagonist of TP. Now if the site I posted it on would just LET ME FREAKING CONNECT!:mad:
So your saying that not even knowing who or what your facing online is Hard core?... your saying that Pikachu is hard core? Your actually telling me that Stickers are hard core!? Remember this is a Nintendo game and Mii's represent a whole lot more to Nintendo than AC kid.

I've said no such thing. I'm saying why smashkid (we are reffering to him like this why?) is a better choice for brawl than Mii.
Ok lets say: Generic/Un generic - Male / female - Human - child - controllable character.

Considering I'm american and have no idea what type of movies they have in Japan.
Well they have Japanese movies.

I'm not a child. I'm a teenager.
Yhea... I think he meant mentally.

I intend to.
ot dnetnu I

rumplestiltskin.
I have said nuff.!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yeah, I really want Miis in Brawl, but I don't think that 'Smashkid' would have to be in a vs. match against Miis. Smashkid seems to have quite a bit againt it, being in the background and all, and Miis are just popular and interesting characters.

BTW, where's Wisey? He should be all over this Mii thing, he's a diehard Mii fan.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Enjoying the debate? That's fine, but remember: we're all friends here. No need to flame.

EDIT: And by the way, I totally think Miis rock. But with all signs pointing to an AC rep, I think the Smashkid (or whatever) is more likely. I do think that both could work well and have a pretty inventive moveset.

But to each their own.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Point taken, I'm thinkin' that Miis and 'Smashkid' have equal chances of being in Brawl, so I see that AC is unique and so are Miis, thusly they balance out.
Well as long as you admit that the animal crosser has a chance (**** CALLING HIM SMASHKID **** IT) then I'm done here. Now we can debate about a character that would actually be good.

STARAPTOR FOR BRAWL!

I think that they're equally unique, both are interesting and individual.
Well it's really a matter of opinion but I guess I agree with you here.

Now can you do 'Your Beautiful'?
Sorry, my manager says I can only sing a set number of gay songs per day. That reminds me I'm behind on my heavy metal songs.

DEVIL MAN, DEVIL MAN, CALLING DEVIL MAN RUNNING IN MY HEAD YEAH!

A four combonation safe with repeating numbers has over 4000 diffrent combonations. Think of that but times 10.
4,000 X 10= 40,000

I never told you to picture Walruses ****** women or Aliens jacking off.
That doesn't explain why you said

I'll hold back on the immaturity comment until the end.
after I said

Now we have been reduced to making fun of opinions? For shame Jimmy for shame.
rumplestiltskin.

Miis, the casual character appeared in Madden 08, a really hardcore game. IF they appear there, I think that Brawl can accept them with such othe hardcore characters like Kirby and Pikachu.
They appeared in madden as a cameo. When you can select Mii as a playable character in a hardcore game then we'll talk. Until then they will remain in my eyes the perfect character to cameo in brawl and not be playable.

Really? I think that they're pretty much even in likelyhood.
opinion.

And yet you capitalize Japan instead of America. XD
To be perfectly fair I said americans which is different than America.

I knew that, immature child is an expression.
You mean like these expressions? :laugh::):embarrass:(

I wish I had pie, you lucky *******.
It's chocolate pie just so you know. :p

Pumplefiltspin
Y.M.C.A IT'S FUN TO STAY AT THE Y.M.C.A!

'Nuff said.
:urg:

For the record responding to someone with multiquotes while that person is in a multiquote debates is annoying so knock it off.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
haha@Wisey

That equal thing is what we're trying to destroy by bringing one over the other but that's cool. You're like sweden, neutral :p nah I'm kidding, you like Miis so you suck ;) jk

Why can't we have 2 customizable characters. Maybe Smashkid could be random when you unlock em' and every altern is just random from there :psycho:
And I'd prefer if smash bros stuck with characters that are part of actual franchises rather than characters (if you can call Miis that) that are part of the console :urg:
And that Phail thing was just copied from another thread, I'll lazy a proud of it :grin:

Smashkid for Brawl,
Miis for FC save files :p

Legolastom

Smash Hero
haha@Wisey

That equal thing is what we're trying to destroy by bringing one over the other but that's cool. You're like sweden, neutral :p nah I'm kidding, you like Miis so you suck ;) jk

Why can't we have 2 customizable characters. Maybe Smashkid could be random when you unlock em' and every altern is just random from there :psycho:
And I'd prefer if smash bros stuck with characters that are part of actual franchises rather than characters (if you can call Miis that) that are part of the console :urg:
And that Phail thing was just copied from another thread, I'll lazy a proud of it :grin:

Smashkid for Brawl,
Miis for FC save files :p
Since when was a franchise with 2 games and another 2 on the way not a franchise?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've had my share of Multiquotes for the day and I'l be taking requests all night long...

"Imagine my and you and you and me, so happy together, so happy toghether!"

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life! When you're not around the skys'll be blue for all my life!"

Okay, I've had it with the gay songs.

"I AM IRONMAN, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAA!"

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well, I'm all alone, here, in Wiseguy's thread. And let me tell you, What's the deal with no Sonic? He's blue, he's a hedgehog and is like Bizarro Mario. Why not have him in? And who get's the spot instead? Geno. Listen, Wisey, I hate clones as much as anyone who watched Attack of the Clones, but if clones, even just Luigified clones, if what it takes to get Sonic on then, by god, clone it up! Here are my suggestions:

BK: Ike clone. I found this pretty logical the first time you mentioned it, it makes sense, a couple of stat changes and your good to go.

Wolf/Falco: Yeeeeah, I'm gonna go with a Luigified clone if not 100% clone here.

WW Link: Luigified Link

And that's about it, pretty much, with that, you have space for one totally new character! (Sonic!)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to throw out my two cents on the Mii/AC debate here.

The miis are less characters than they are icons. Unlike the AC human, who at least has his own story of house buying and social advancement, the Miis never really do anything that has a plot. They're generic bat-swingers, bull-riders, and escalator-riders.

It seems to me like the Miis are doing just that in Brawl. They're faces you can chose to represent yourself while battling. This kind of personalized place-holding is exactly the same use Miis get in almost every other game they've appeared in, and it looks like Brawl won't be any different.
Still, I do think a fighting mii team would be perfect. What better role for generic characters than as faceless fighters?

The AC human isn't much better (I still say Tom Nook is hands down the best AC rep, background appearance be ****ed). BUT, he is a possible character for an as-of-yet unrepresented franchise that we KNOW appears in Brawl.

So my vote goes to AC human, assuming Tom Nook can't jump out of the background and demand 1000 bells from everyone to remodel their houses.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't care for Miis or Animal Crossing, but when hoping for a new character, you must ask yourself...

How awesome would it be to play as this character against the likes of Ganon, Bowser, Ridley, Solid Snake, and The Black Knight? (Yes I know 2 1/2 of those are unconfirmed) We must think of the big picture here folks...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Ah, it's Mario's Po0Po0 all over again... *sigh*

Well Ganny, The people who have a Sheik must die club might just be, and I might be wrong, a group of people intelligent enough to realize that Sheik is an unnececary component in the large complexity that will be Brawl, essencially, a character that need not be assmisilated into Brawl's elite squad of characters.

Now go get a dictionary, look up al of the big words I said and then perhaps you'll realise that Sheik, enevitably, must die.

'Nuff said.

P.S: Double posting makes you look really n00b-y, I suggest you stop.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't care for Miis or Animal Crossing, but when hoping for a new character, you must ask yourself...

How awesome would it be to play as this character against the likes of Ganon, Bowser, Ridley, Solid Snake, and The Black Knight? (Yes I know 2 1/2 of those are unconfirmed) We must think of the big picture here folks...
Hmm, good point, we do have our awesome, but we also need some interesting. We all know characters are coming back. (Both Ganondorf and Luigi are 99.99% coming back) But there are also characters that could be AWESOME like Midna, Miis and Olimar. They may not be as 'badassed' but they also are unique and do deserve to get in Brawl. But yeah I see Ganondorf/Luigi coming in an update soon.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I could. But that's beside the point. The 3rd Party slots have been updated and guess what? Sonic's not on. What the heck! Sonic is one of the most popular third party character choice and yet Wiseguy ignores it! C'mon! Sonic deserves a spot, just turn a few of them into clones, even if it's just Luigified clones, and put Sonic in!

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, good point, we do have our awesome, but we also need some interesting. We all know characters are coming back. (Both Ganondorf and Luigi are 99.99% coming back) But there are also characters that could be AWESOME like Midna, Miis and Olimar. They may not be as 'badassed' but they also are unique and do deserve to get in Brawl. But yeah I see Ganondorf/Luigi coming in an update soon.

Did I say "badass"? I said "How awesome would it be to play as these characters". I think it would be awesome to kick Ridley's *** with Olimar and a bunch of Pikmin, and this is coming from a guy who has never played or had any interest in that particular game. I'm a sinner, yes I know, theres a bunch of games I need to play but I'm just too lazy...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say Sonic deserves a spot in Brawl at all but i would say that he is very likely to get into Brawl.

Anyways in terms of Zelda characters getting into Brawl i would say that WW Link and even Skull kid deserve the post more than... Midna.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Did Shiek deserve to be in Melee? Or better yet did Pichu?

True Midna doesn't "deserve" to be in Brawl, but we already have the 3 Zelda characters that deserve to be in it, its time to go for the other characters. Midna would be fun and unique if done right, but I wouldn't care either way if she's in. Personally, the only Zelda character I want in now is Skull Kid, but I know that won't happen...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea remember that time in F-Zero when Captain Falcon actually jumped out of his machine and started uses special fighting moves against all the other racers? No! Didn't think so.

Seriously the move argument is the worst argument against a character there is.

But who knows how he could have walked... and WW Link deserves to be in way more than Skull kid and Midna combined.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
Actually i think that both meowth and lucario should be considered as possible new reps for the pokemon series.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Wh do I doubt this? WW Link is more than Midna and Skullkid combined? He's another Link, for Pete's sake! How can he be better then unique characters like Midna and Skullkid.

Let me show you in a scorechart form:

Character:
1st: Midna
2nd: WW Link
3rd: Skullkid

They're al pretty even, but Midna's performace trumped both of them, her spunk was unique and called to mind Tatle from MM. She was
the Twilight Princess
and performed beautifully.

WW Link was a dynamic character , although he only had one line (Alright!) his eyes spoke volumes and he changed from the little kid to the warrior in a believable way, right down to
him stabbbing Ganondorf's head

Skullkid was, in my opinion, a great villian. In only one cinematic it made you hate him for taking your horse and turning you into a Deku Shrub. He also played the hurt villian, being overcome by the mask and eventually gaining redemtion. His TP character lacked all of that, making him just an annoying sub-boss esque character.

Uniqueitude:
1st: Midna
2nd: Skull Kid
3rd: WW Link

Let's face it, Midna's hair for projectiles and long range attacks/tether recovery is awesome tie that in with her quadreped status with Wolf Link and you've got one sweet team.

Skull Kid got second due to his abilities showcased in MM and TP. The teleporting and calling of enemies from TP screams moves in Brawl and that scream of his seems to, well, scream taunt (Just a little less annoying please)

Well, WW Link got third due to his Link status. Although he could be differentiated by using an array of weapons from WW I doubt that he won't use his sword or other generic 'Link' stuff.

Evidence:
1st: WW Link
2nd: Midna
3rd: Skull Kid

WW Link seems pretty obvious, seeing as he is an obvious replacement to YL and is head of his own game style that was birthed on the GC. (WW) He would make a good contrast to the realism of the TP Link, but makes a good companion to thge more chibified characters like Kirby and Pikachu.

Midna is TP, in fact, one of the major new characters to the series. She was part of the games hook (Turning into Wolf Link) and was the actual
Twilight Princess
. She killed Zant once (alibeit he came back to life) and guided Link in the right diredtion. Seeing as Brawl is taking a TP route, Midna makes a close second.

Skullkid was a minor character in TP, which make me not get my hopes up of anything more than a simple AT, but hey, he could make it, there's always that chance. Ah, who am I kidding. Although it would be awesome, little evidence supports this wooden antagonist.

Total:
Midna: 8
WW Link: 6
Skull Kid: 4

Well, looks like WW Link comes in second with 6 points, and I did this totally on logic with no bias entering this at all, personally, I'd like to see both Midna and WW Link.

'Nuff said.

P.S: Wouldn't get my hopes up for Meowth, Sakurai knows we've had it up to here with 1st gen Pokemon

Top Bottom