• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGM

Smash Lord
Ok i have a question.

I am a premium member now and in the description it said i could change my title and my username. i changed the title but i cant find the place to change my user name. could you please help me?

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
You have to pm a mod in order to change your name. I did this by first making sure nobody had the name I wanted, then pm the mod with the name change. Easy as cake.

You only get one change so keep that in mind.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
To be honest . . . you aren't missing a whole lot in the premium room.

The main perks of being a premium member is the Lack of pop-ups, and the rights to b**** when people say:

Well you can't complain, you aren't helping to support SWF
Because that is/was the main purpose of Premium's creation, to make sure the forum doesnt die from lack of funds

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Quick Question....

If we buy premium membership and go for the name change what if it's already taken but by one of those accounts that has no posts at all and joined along time ago and hasn't visited for awhile? I know its highly unlikely just thought I would ask.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Premium mebership sounds pretty nifty.....I'm thinking I'll most likely be purchasing it around Brawl's release ( np helping fund my faveorite web forums)

but small question, Priemium mebership dosn't have anything to do with the debate hall? does it? Because I don't know how your supposed to join, and I think I would really have alot to say there.

Hax

Smash Champion
Quick Question....

If we buy premium membership and go for the name change what if it's already taken but by one of those accounts that has no posts at all and joined along time ago and hasn't visited for awhile? I know its highly unlikely just thought I would ask.
yeah, i was thinking of that just now. imo there should be a thread where premium members (who are able to change their username) would like a username taken already by someone with, say, 0 posts who hasn't visited in a month, or maybe a year. in such a thread they could request that user be deleted so they can make the switch.

just imo. i think that'd be kinda cool.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I totally agree. I was thinking of getting premium to change my name to Darc, but alas it is taken by an inactive account.

Edit: I just found out he posted recently from his 5 month hiatus. This sucks ;_;
He only has 12 posts. I am sad. I should just bribe the guy himself.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I quickly checked the premium stuff, but thing is, what about Brits? I'd pay through paypal if I were to sign up, but there's no pounds option on what I saw. How would I join premium from the UK?
=/

007flash

Smash Journeyman
How much is infinite membership?

PS:There should be a free trial for those who deserve it or a donation contest with a good prize along with some premium membership as well.;)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
We hold a survey contest every month where 3 random people win varying levels of premoum membership. >.>

1 month for 6.99 USD isn't bad for a trial run, either.

Hax

Smash Champion
hmm, i JUST realized..

what happened to diamond/sapphire/emerald (??) memberships? weren't they like, $2, $3 and $5 per month or something? why the price change? ;_;

_kSo_

Smash Master
Do we get to keep the custom avatar/custom title after the premium membership expires? or do they just revert back to default

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Do we get to keep the custom avatar/custom title after the premium membership expires? or do they just revert back to default
I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm pretty sure that they stay custom. But you can't edit them to be custom once your premium membership runs out unless you purchase more.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yes, we have a survey every month and if Gid picks your name you get a certain amount of premium membership time (i.e. 1st - 12 months 2nd - 6 months 3rd - 3 months and 4th - 1 month)

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about this, but I won P.M. last month for getting third in some contest. I took this survey which was posted by Gideon under anouncements. After I took it, I posted under the same topic in Announcements Discussion. He randomly picked three and I was the third one so I won 1 month of P.M.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If buying a month of premium membership lets you keep your custom title even after your membership expires, then this is something I would definatly like to do. If not, it's something I'd have to think about. Anyone know for sure?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I dont have a premium account anymore, and it says Im banned...

What does that tell you?

Nice try. It would be more realistic/believable if you put "Banned (6 points)" as your custom title.

@Rx- Yes it does stay custom even after your premium membership ends but you can't change it unless you purchase more premium membership/win in a contest. Same goes for your custom avatar.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nice try. It would be more realistic/believable if you put "Banned (6 points)" as your custom title.
Lol....I wonder if you actually did that, and by some horrific glitch in the system, the site would view it as you're banned, and actually ban you. I should try it out. Plus it would be funny to be able to post when it says "Banned (6 points)", and people would be like WTF?!

When is Gideon doing the August contest?

And BTW--just a suggestions, but I don't think it's fair that people who have previously won the contest should have a chance to enter. Just IMO.

Hax

Smash Champion
Lol....I wonder if you actually did that, and by some horrific glitch in the system, the site would view it as you're banned, and actually ban you. I should try it out. Plus it would be funny to be able to post when it says "Banned (6 points)", and people would be like WTF?!

When is Gideon doing the August contest?

And BTW--just a suggestions, but I don't think it's fair that people who have previously won the contest should have a chance to enter. Just IMO.
lol a lot of people do it dude, there's no glitch.

Yen-Yoshi

Smash Rookie
i would never consider being a premium member sure it has its benifits but still if u can post a bulliten or make ur own thread thats good enough for me =P

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
i would never consider being a premium member sure it has its benifits but still if u can post a bulliten or make ur own thread thats good enough for me =P
Yeah but you can't get a custom title/avatar, post polls, view and reply inside the "Premium VIP Lounge" forum. Members may also "respect" you more if they see the mushroom next to your username and it helps this site/forum. Oh and I'm sure Gid favors all the members who get premium.

I'd get premium but I don't have a credit card...(yet)

RDK

Smash Hero
Ever heard of paypal?

That's what I'd do, if I wasn't so lazy. Or if I wasn't so stingy.

I'll just keep entering the contests.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ever heard of paypal?

That's what I'd do, if I wasn't so lazy. Or if I wasn't so stingy.

I'll just keep entering the contests.
Yes but I do not know how to use it. I thought that you still need a credit card to use PayPal or any other online money sending services. I do have a debit card through. :(

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I have a simple Request / Suggestion i guess

Omegawhitemage and I were on our way back from a tourney last weekend and we got talking.
We wanted to make a Poll on the Viva La Smashtaclysm thread, but only premium members are allowed doing so. I think thats smart because it encourages people to go for premium, but with me money is tight atm (yes i caved in and got premium anyways, i wanted that poll xD)

Anyways. We wanted to suggest that their be a higher rank of tournament directors, but something somewhat exclusive, more or less for people that run the high end tourneys. with slightly more open options, such as being able to make polls.
And i just read the new post from gideon, and being able to upload results sounds incredible.

Just a thought though, thanks - Blue

Edit: its late, and i just realised i posted this in the premium membership thread.. sorry rofl.. /sleep

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I heard that you can somehow use your debit card for online purchases. I use BOM (Bank of Montreal) for my Debit card, does anyone know how I can enable it so I can get premium?

I would get premium but..yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom