• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
um.....
what happened to the ads that would appear on the site?
I know I'm not a premium member
it just feels so wierd, like I'm stealing something

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
This is ad-free weekend, which ends in a few hours. If you're interested, we also have a special deal on premium membership where you can get 3 extra months free, but that too ends in a few hours.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :p

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I applied with paypal two weeks ago. The payment was cleared all the way back on the 2nd of this month. Yet I still have none of the priveliges or even recognitions of becoming a premium member.

I would really like to know where my 15 dollars went as I really wanted to support the site. But it's becoming a bit annoying to come on every day hoping for that Mushroom to be there and the ads to be gone, yet, nothings changed.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give admins.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
What's the point in paying? I find it to be actually pretty stupid to pay 15 - 30 dollers just to find out you get more storage space on PM's, Custom avatars, a little mushroom by your Username and some other dumb stuff (no offence, to anyone there btw) but in my opinion I find it to be very odd to waste money on something that many other forums have when you join free. (take the custom avatar for eg.).

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Well, I know this might sound kind of dumb, but I actually have another reason. I've enjoyed my time here at the Smash Boards enough that I sort of felt like offsetting some of the cost that this website undoubtedly occurs. I think I only paid like 7 bucks for a month, and it looks like they tacked on an extra 3 months with that recent deal.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I personally think premium membership is worth the money, if only to help support SWF, without it, I'm not sure we're competitive smash would be >_<

Dojo

Smash Champion
Is there a reason the option to become a premium member isn't there atm? I've seen it in the user cp before. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I found a spot to try and subscribe in the discription under VIP Lounge and when I tried it gave me a message that there is no payable subscription for me to subscribe to? =\

fkacyan

Smash Hero
As for payment, I'll be having to pay through snail mail, so who exactly am I emailing? >.>

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
EDIT: I found a spot to try and subscribe in the discription under VIP Lounge and when I tried it gave me a message that there is no payable subscription for me to subscribe to? =\
Someone please tell us why this is. I'm eager to become a premium member :p

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Could we get some sort of answer on the Prem Member thing?

I even paid for it already.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Could we get some sort of answer on the Prem Member thing?

I even paid for it already.
Please send me a PM and let me know when/what you paid for. If you donated for a membership while it was being offered, it should have been activated automatically, but sometimes (for whatever reason) that doesn't happen.

As for everyone else, I hate to dodge the question, but we'll explain the reasoning later. Ultimately it's just not something SWF needs to be running right now.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I looked at my bank statement. Apparently I bought it when it was offered but before it processed the money the feature was disabled.

I'll sit tight - just provided that you have acknowledged that we are both curious for it's removal and will have an explanation at a later date.

Thank you for taking time to respond; even a "no comment at this time" is better than silence.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I looked at my bank statement. Apparently I bought it when it was offered but before it processed the money the feature was disabled.

I'll sit tight - just provided that you have acknowledged that we are both curious for it's removal and will have an explanation at a later date.

Thank you for taking time to respond; even a "no comment at this time" is better than silence.
You should be set now. As I said above, we'll have an explanation later.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Thank you again, both for upgrading me and taking the time to talk to us.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
my membership just expired, but my icon isn't showing anymore next to my posts. i can see it fine in my control panel. what's wrong?

got fixed, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom