• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Stalled

Smash Apprentice
do not use shine to reflect a laser, it will probably put you at a frame disadvantage, even if they get hit. Wavedash out of shield is king, shine oos can also work. The smash practice thing PP did with zhu and cactus a little while ago talks about lasers in neutral a good amount, It should be a few pages back I'd watch it. Combos on falco should be pretty easy, in terms of progression it should probably be something like waveshines>pillar>soft hit bair/anything to get them offstage. Left to right as percent increases.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Pillars, Shine to Dair to Up Smash, Shine to Uptilt. Up Throw in to shine to start combo, Back Throw for DI mixup or Back Throw near the edge and f-tilt. Forward throw at around 40% probably. (Ask @ Dr Peepee Dr Peepee or @ Bones0 Bones0 for more info)
I intentionally stopped answering such broad questions because it's basically impossible to cover even the basics without an essay. You just have to play the game for a million hours while paying attention and study videos. Converting those into text form is not only impossible, but redundant.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry about that Bones. But I'll keep the above in mind.
I don't mind if people ask those questions since sometimes people randomly go on rants that are really interesting. I was specifically tagged so I felt compelled to explain why I tend to avoid answering them. I used to focus on a single major aspect of the game in each practice session a long time ago, but now I tend to focus on overall positioning/strategy and smaller optimizations for things like combos, DI, teching, etc. Maybe I'll try going back to my old methods to see how it works out.

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I don't mind if people ask those questions since sometimes people randomly go on rants that are really interesting. I was specifically tagged so I felt compelled to explain why I tend to avoid answering them. I used to focus on a single major aspect of the game in each practice session a long time ago, but now I tend to focus on overall positioning/strategy and smaller optimizations for things like combos, DI, teching, etc. Maybe I'll try going back to my old methods to see how it works out.
Sorry Bones

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey but since we are on positioning, maybe we can talk about where I should be in a Falco ditto in the neutral? besides lasers, should I keep the opponent above, or on the ground for techchases? I'm used to playing Marth as a ground character, but this is a pretty good question imo.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey but since we are on positioning, maybe we can talk about where I should be in a Falco ditto in the neutral? besides lasers, should I keep the opponent above, or on the ground for techchases? I'm used to playing Marth as a ground character, but this is a pretty good question imo.
I think Falco has too much freedom making him dangerous when he's above you. He's got a great fall speed for dair/bair, and can also laser if the opponent is too far to aerial. Keeping the other Falco on the ground seems best as long as you have laser control, but at higher percents forcing him to jump definitely isn't that bad.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
PP, there's something about Apex GF that's been bugging me soooo I'ma see if you can give me some insight. Sorry if you answered this in an interview or something already, just haven't seen the answer in here.

Set 1
Game 1, lose Marth vs. Fox
Game 2, lose Marth vs. Fox
Game 3, win Falco vs. Fox
Game 4, counterpicked to Yoshi's, win Falco vs. Fox
Game 5, counterpicked to Dreamland, lose Marth vs. Fox

I'm pretty confused about the switch to marth on game 5. You're coming off back to back wins against his Fox with Falco and are getting picked to Marth's worst stage in the Fox matchup, so this switch didn't make much sense to me. I figured it was because you were afraid of Falco vs. Peach on DL, but it still just struck me as an odd choice since you could force the character switch on him and then call for double blind at the start of set 2 and mind**** him a bit. I guess the heart of the question is, if when push came to shove, you were going to pick Marth anyway, why even bother busting the bird out at all vs. Armada?

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I have no idea how to fight a fox that likes to platform camp. This may be my tournament bane.

Also Falco dittos don't make sense to me.

Such is the problem of living in a region where Fox/Falco players don't exist.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
PP, there's something about Apex GF that's been bugging me soooo I'ma see if you can give me some insight. Sorry if you answered this in an interview or something already, just haven't seen the answer in here.

Set 1
Game 1, lose Marth vs. Fox
Game 2, lose Marth vs. Fox
Game 3, win Falco vs. Fox
Game 4, counterpicked to Yoshi's, win Falco vs. Fox
Game 5, counterpicked to Dreamland, lose Marth vs. Fox

I'm pretty confused about the switch to marth on game 5. You're coming off back to back wins against his Fox with Falco and are getting picked to Marth's worst stage in the Fox matchup, so this switch didn't make much sense to me. I figured it was because you were afraid of Falco vs. Peach on DL, but it still just struck me as an odd choice since you could force the character switch on him and then call for double blind at the start of set 2 and mind**** him a bit. I guess the heart of the question is, if when push came to shove, you were going to pick Marth anyway, why even bother busting the bird out at all vs. Armada?
I don't see how going Falco vs. Peach and losing game 5 would mind**** him. He could just have easily gone Marth and called a double blind for the second set anyway, which arguably would have been MORE mindgamey since Armada might actually consider the possibility of him going Falco. I think PP gave a good explanation of his actual thought process in the Apex interview with Toph.

Last edited:

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
I think PP gave a good explanation of his actual thought process in the Apex interview with Toph.
Yeah I believe he made some brief comments about it if I remember but still, a weird a choice.

I don't see how going Falco vs. Peach and losing game 5 would mind**** him. He could just have easily gone Marth and called a double blind for the second set anyway, which arguably would have been MORE mindgamey since Armada might actually consider the possibility of him going Falco.

Thor

Smash Champion
^For Mogwai, I think PPMD said something to the effect of "I picked Falco for the crowd" [which seemed to pay off for him].

I'm curious about double laser from the ledge, namely counterplay to it. When I play Falco [backup], I don't do it often because I know there's some sort of risk to it [beyond technical errors], so I usually use it when the opponent is center-stage/far away or if they're just doing something that leaves the option completely free of risk [ex: I roll onstage a fair bit, so they charge fsmash facing away from the ledge to try to punish it, so I just double laser to whatever to punish their hard read].

What are ways to punish the double laser from the ledge [or (basically) equivalently, what should I be watching out for/wary of when deciding whether to double laser or pick another option]? It seems like ducking/shielding and doing a quick nair or dair is workable in the ditto [I've done that before, I don't know if they just really messed it up though], and I've also seen people stand on platforms and do drop-through dair or nair to hit them off. Are both of these options usable? Whether they are or not, I'd still appreciate any input on other ways to punish it [if they exist], so that I can be wary of them and also more easily punish Falcos who do this a lot.

EDIT: Also, PPMD, I'd recommend not giving in to the drunken Smashed at the Foundry pressure to tell stories you'd rather keep secret [I was in the chat lollollol].

Last edited:

Unidex

Smash Rookie
Hey can someone give me advice on getting out of Sheik's dthrow tech chase? Seems like if Sheik spaces properly and chases on reaction there's very little Falco can do, I tried shining on get up but it only worked a couple times, nothing seemed to really work for me.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey can someone give me advice on getting out of Sheik's dthrow tech chase? Seems like if Sheik spaces properly and chases on reaction there's very little Falco can do, I tried shining on get up but it only worked a couple times, nothing seemed to really work for me.
There's really nothing you can do but mix up your DI and tech options and hope they make a mistake. If you miss a tech (which you should do on purpose every once in a while) and they go for a jab reset, you can SDI the jab up to avoid getting reset.

Unidex

Smash Rookie
There's really nothing you can do but mix up your DI and tech options and hope they make a mistake. If you miss a tech (which you should do on purpose every once in a while) and they go for a jab reset, you can SDI the jab up to avoid getting reset.
Ok that's what I figured, I probably should have mixed in some spotdodge-->shines as well now that I think of it. Does the SDI on jab reset work at pretty much any percent or do I have to be at like 20 or so for the knockback to be enough?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Ok that's what I figured, I probably should have mixed in some spotdodge-->shines as well now that I think of it. Does the SDI on jab reset work at pretty much any percent or do I have to be at like 20 or so for the knockback to be enough?
I'm pretty sure it depends on the timing of your bounce and ofc how you SDI/ASDI.

JCBeef

Smash Rookie
How do I utilize having good stage positioning to abuse my opponent? People always talk about how good having center stage is but I don't really know how to use it.

I feel like bairs are pretty good if I'm chilling around the inner lip of a side platform in center stage and my opponent is on ground level under the side or on the side platform where my bair will poke if they go up there. But if they're already on a platform / moving around between top / side platforms trying to find a way to ground level how do I keep boxing them out and abuse their limited space?

I was talking to some locals in my area and they think I should be more patient and try to outspace them and wait till opponents exhaust their options. Like say a fox is on a side platform and nairs at me when I'm in center stage I can try to up air or up tilt to catch this but if they just double jump and bait my defensive option then I get punished so instead it would be better to probably wavedash or DD out to avoid the nair - then when they land with nair I can hopefully punish with shine if I'm quick enough - or if they double jump then they can go to top platform and they're still boxed out of center or they could fall through to center stage with their double jump and I could probably get some sort of pressure advantage.

IDK if I'm thinking about the positioning situation in the right ways and would just love any discussion on it.

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
I have no idea how to fight a fox that likes to platform camp. This may be my tournament bane.

got skipped.

JCBeef

Smash Rookie

It'd probably help if you explained your thoughts some more for this question. Like "Falco dittos don't make sense to me" That's a really broad statement. And the fox thing - are you going in when they're on the platform or keeping center stage or what?

If you're under them I really like shine->waveland->shinegrab as platform pressure - it's only beaten by shield drop and Armada says you can get shield grabbed doing that but I've never been grabbed and you could also shine behind them for this to work.
If you are in center stage you could try to bait them into center stage by dashing out then dashing back in or something and being there to punish them when they land - this is kind of what my previous post was about. If you think they're going for top platform full jump dair usually covers that but IMO leaves you pretty vulnerable I've seen PP do it some though so IDK. Uhhhh if they nair at you from a side plat I feel like the fox usually nairs pretty early so if you know you're gonna get hit by it just CC shine them - or probably spot-dodge shine works too.

Just some general stuff I think about the falco ditto though I guess. IMO it's pretty important to have laser control and not let go of it. If the other falco is shooting low lasers you can shoot a laser and not fast fall it to usually hop over their laser and shoot your own, this helps for getting laser control back if you've lost it. At mid / low levels people usually don't cover rolls so if you feel pressured and aren't playing a falco that is covering this then buffered roll is so good for getting out of pressure. But also if you just punish super hard then you don't have to worry about neutral control stuff as much lol. Know how to move around lasers using platforms or things like wavedash OOS because if another falco thinks they have you locked down and you just move around it then their spacing is screwed up and you probably counter attack them.

Got Ignored once more, Whats a good way to practice Spacing?
You can "shadow box" if you're playing by yourself, just pretending there's an opponent there or moving around and staying outside the threat range of a cpu could work too but that's not SUPER useful because people actually move a lot which makes spacing harder. Otherwise play friendlies and go into the friendlies having an idea of specifically what spacing thing you want to practice. (You can get good ideas by watching videos probably or talking to others). For example I want to practice nairing someone's shield without them being able to hit me with shine OOS - it'll help if you're focusing on that one spacing you want to practice. You could probably also practice movement because the more control you have over your movements then the more control you have over where you are spaced.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
It'd probably help if you explained your thoughts some more for this question. Like "Falco dittos don't make sense to me" That's a really broad statement. And the fox thing - are you going in when they're on the platform or keeping center stage or what?

If you're under them I really like shine->waveland->shinegrab as platform pressure - it's only beaten by shield drop and Armada says you can get shield grabbed doing that but I've never been grabbed and you could also shine behind them for this to work.
If you are in center stage you could try to bait them into center stage by dashing out then dashing back in or something and being there to punish them when they land - this is kind of what my previous post was about. If you think they're going for top platform full jump dair usually covers that but IMO leaves you pretty vulnerable I've seen PP do it some though so IDK. Uhhhh if they nair at you from a side plat I feel like the fox usually nairs pretty early so if you know you're gonna get hit by it just CC shine them - or probably spot-dodge shine works too.

Just some general stuff I think about the falco ditto though I guess. IMO it's pretty important to have laser control and not let go of it. If the other falco is shooting low lasers you can shoot a laser and not fast fall it to usually hop over their laser and shoot your own, this helps for getting laser control back if you've lost it. At mid / low levels people usually don't cover rolls so if you feel pressured and aren't playing a falco that is covering this then buffered roll is so good for getting out of pressure. But also if you just punish super hard then you don't have to worry about neutral control stuff as much lol. Know how to move around lasers using platforms or things like wavedash OOS because if another falco thinks they have you locked down and you just move around it then their spacing is screwed up and you probably counter attack them.

You can "shadow box" if you're playing by yourself, just pretending there's an opponent there or moving around and staying outside the threat range of a cpu could work too but that's not SUPER useful because people actually move a lot which makes spacing harder. Otherwise play friendlies and go into the friendlies having an idea of specifically what spacing thing you want to practice. (You can get good ideas by watching videos probably or talking to others). For example I want to practice nairing someone's shield without them being able to hit me with shine OOS - it'll help if you're focusing on that one spacing you want to practice. You could probably also practice movement because the more control you have over your movements then the more control you have over where you are spaced.
What I do is I roll to the edge on any stage and run and Nair to see their range, would that work?

JCBeef

Smash Rookie
What I do is I roll to the edge on any stage and run and Nair to see their range, would that work?
Man there's a lot of different spacings lol - like spacing around your oponnent so you avoid their attacks or spacing around something in specific like trying to avoid getting shield grabbed.

So yeah that would help you just learn and be more aware of your ranges - IDK if he has any posts on it but Gravy does this a lot and there's a lot of different things you can do to mix up your spacing that he talks about - mostly things like fading back or forward once you're in the air and being aware of your forwards jump and backwards short hop ranges. This doesn't apply as much to falco cause he has much less aerial mobility than falcon but you could practice things like fading back and forward with a nair to become more comfortable with their ranges.

You totally reminded me too (I need to start doing this again) something you could do is to "trap" yourself into a small area, like for instance under the left side battlefield platform. So you try to stay under this platform but also have the best movement you possibly can, or shoot out lasers or something but stay in that area. The idea being that if you need to stay confined in a pretty tight space relative to your opponent ( Close enough to punish if they doing something stupid / something you can avoid but far enough that you can't get hit ) and can move well in this small area then you won't overextend one way or the other.

So I totally just made this up but I feel like it would work and I'm gonna try it.
You can set a random bell to go off at some random point every minute ( http://www.fungie.info/bell/# ).
You can have 2 different bells going at once so you can assign one bell to mean one thing and the other to mean another

So okay you're dash dancing and wave dashing and maybe sometimes shooting a laser because you're trapped under this platform then your random bell goes off - this can mean different things to you that you decide. Something like maybe your opponent naired at you - you need to dash away and then punish. Or your opponent did something stupid - you can break out of your box forwards and punish. You could also decide different points your fake opponent may be at - like far away or close so you need to do a max distance nair to punish or if they're really close maybe something like a pivot grab. IDK if this will be good lol.

Last edited:

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Man there's a lot of different spacings lol - like spacing around your oponnent so you avoid their attacks or spacing around something in specific like trying to avoid getting shield grabbed.

So yeah that would help you just learn and be more aware of your ranges - IDK if he has any posts on it but Gravy does this a lot and there's a lot of different things you can do to mix up your spacing that he talks about - mostly things like fading back or forward once you're in the air and being aware of your forwards jump and backwards short hop ranges. This doesn't apply as much to falco cause he has much less aerial mobility than falcon but you could practice things like fading back and forward with a nair to become more comfortable with their ranges.

You totally reminded me too (I need to start doing this again) something you could do is to "trap" yourself into a small area, like for instance under the left side battlefield platform. So you try to stay under this platform but also have the best movement you possibly can, or shoot out lasers or something but stay in that area. The idea being that if you need to stay confined in a pretty tight space relative to your opponent ( Close enough to punish if they doing something stupid / something you can avoid but far enough that you can't get hit ) and can move well in this small area then you won't overextend one way or the other.

So I totally just made this up but I feel like it would work and I'm gonna try it.
You can set a random bell to go off at some random point every minute ( http://www.fungie.info/bell/# ).
You can have 2 different bells going at once so you can assign one bell to mean one thing and the other to mean another

So okay you're dash dancing and wave dashing and maybe sometimes shooting a laser because you're trapped under this platform then your random bell goes off - this can mean different things to you that you decide. Something like maybe your opponent naired at you - you need to dash away and then punish. Or your opponent did something stupid - you can break out of your box forwards and punish. You could also decide different points your fake opponent may be at - like far away or close so you need to do a max distance nair to punish or if they're really close maybe something like a pivot grab. IDK if this will be good lol.
Thanks, this well help alot for PM and Melee, gonna see if it works on Wifi sometime lol

ChoiBoi92

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to wavedash out of a shine unless I try really hard to not tilt the control stick before the jump cancel. Is there any easy way to do this?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I can't seem to wavedash out of a shine unless I try really hard to not tilt the control stick before the jump cancel. Is there any easy way to do this?
Just keep practicing dude, Get the 20XX Hack Pack for help

What options does Falco have against shield grabs?

Just Roll, Spot dodge, Jump and maybe Shine OoS will help

Unidex

Smash Rookie
Whenever I see PP doing a ledge stall, instead of dropping down then jumping back up to grab the ledge like pretty much everyone elsr does, it seems he fades back a little and jumps high above the ledge then fastfalls and regrabs it. Is this safer due to any reason? Seems like it may take less time to do that than the other way I suppose? And why not stall with up B since you can preserve invincibility better that way?

JCBeef

Smash Rookie
Whenever I see PP doing a ledge stall, instead of dropping down then jumping back up to grab the ledge like pretty much everyone elsr does, it seems he fades back a little and jumps high above the ledge then fastfalls and regrabs it. Is this safer due to any reason? Seems like it may take less time to do that than the other way I suppose? And why not stall with up B since you can preserve invincibility better that way?
Pretty sure it's just to mix up - falco doesn't really have perfect ledge stall options like shino stalling for instance so he has to mix it up. If you firefox stall it may be better for invincibility but a marth could still downtilt you out of it.

Other people could throw there opinions on this and I would love that - but I think you should only stall once like 85% of the time before getting off the ledge with falco - usually just stall to get invincibility to do an invincible ledge dash.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure it's just to mix up - falco doesn't really have perfect ledge stall options like shino stalling for instance so he has to mix it up. If you firefox stall it may be better for invincibility but a marth could still downtilt you out of it.

Other people could throw there opinions on this and I would love that - but I think you should only stall once like 85% of the time before getting off the ledge with falco - usually just stall to get invincibility to do an invincible ledge dash.
marth cannot dtilt out of frame perfect falco ledgestall with firefox or side b since falco is fully invincible. any ledgestall that is fully invincible has to be frame perfect due to ledge mechanics unless the move itself grants invincibility like in the case of shino stalling with sheik. there are few reasons for using slightly fadeway jump rather than firefox stalling to regain invincibility. its easier, it might be less punishable if you know you already dropped some frames doing nothing, and if non fast falled it grants an ecb state that is better for ledgedashing in terms of giving 1 more frame of actionable intangibility and lowering the suicide windows by a little bit. for most cases, its probably mostly the 1st reason and a little bit the 2nd.

In the samus matchup, I like Final destination >Pokemon stadium > battlefield/yoshi. I dont really like dreamland and then FOD. I dont think falco is necessarily bad in any stage, but rather has to play differently to win.

briefly speaking, I like Final destination and pokemon because it gives me room to laser and when trying to pressure samus, I can usually sdi out of the up b and then still follow up because she doesnt have platforms to escape to and she dies at reasonable percentages. I dont like Dreamland because samus just lives very long and its slightly boring to wait after smacking her away. It gives you room to laser and run around though. I dont think theres anything wrong with the other stages, but I prefer FD/PS more. Battlefield can mess up not as good samuses when they try to recover.

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
Since the video thread is inactive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBaeNBNT7I tournament set with Axe.

Any critique?

Also personally vs Samus I always take her to YS/FOD.

Shine > Waveland > Shine grab is beatable by most things. Shield grab, aerial out of shield, shield drop, etc provided the Fox is fast enough. This is because of the waveland lag.

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord

camp them back doing the same thing (I'm assuming top platform camping). Shoot lasers from any side of the stage, go near the edge and full jump triple laser. If you want to stay in any side platform, you can double jump wait for a bit and then laser to hit them, you can cc shine w.e aerial if you feel they might try to go in, or shield if you're confident on your oos options, otherwise just keep shooting. Watch me do this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUrUBYdhA_I&t=34

Since the video thread is inactive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBaeNBNT7I tournament set with Axe.

Any critique?
A big part of why you lost match 1 was because you were messing up punishes, getting stuck in your shine like 3 times, and also can't believe that shine oos didn't hit at 1:56 lol. Also, I feel like you were shielding and rolling too much, try not to get stuck in your shield, instead try to be agressive a bit more and you'll do better. Axe was miss spacing or just throwing off movement a bit too much, try to find a hole in it, if you get a feel of his groove you can make him whiff an attack and then punish with a combo, grab or just poke with jab or ftilt if you don't feel secure (An example of this would be 4:18), the point is that you're much better if you have the initiave on falco dittos. Also at 5:00, that's the scrub roll, lol Try to not get in the habit of rolling or teching towards the stage when you are near the edge because a lot of good players will read this easily. Last match was against pika, I don't know nothing about pika so I have to pass on that one, ask PPMD.

Props to you for taking a game off him, because one does not simply take a game off axe in falco dittos. Also, you have to be one of the best female smashers I've seen along with dynadash. Also, have you considered switching to pink falco?

Vixen

Premium
camp them back doing the same thing (I'm assuming top platform camping). Shoot lasers from any side of the stage, go near the edge and full jump triple laser. If you want to stay in any side platform, you can double jump wait for a bit and then laser to hit them, you can cc shine w.e aerial if you feel they might try to go in, or shield if you're confident on your oos options, otherwise just keep shooting. Watch me do this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUrUBYdhA_I&t=34

A big part of why you lost match 1 was because you were messing up punishes, getting stuck in your shine like 3 times, and also can't believe that shine oos didn't hit at 1:56 lol. Also, I feel like you were shielding and rolling too much, try not to get stuck in your shield, instead try to be agressive a bit more and you'll do better. Axe was miss spacing or just throwing off movement a bit too much, try to find a hole in it, if you get a feel of his groove you can make him whiff an attack and then punish with a combo, grab or just poke with jab or ftilt if you don't feel secure (An example of this would be 4:18), the point is that you're much better if you have the initiave on falco dittos. Also at 5:00, that's the scrub roll, lol Try to not get in the habit of rolling or teching towards the stage when you are near the edge because a lot of good players will read this easily. Last match was against pika, I don't know nothing about pika so I have to pass on that one, ask PPMD.

Props to you for taking a game off him, because one does not simply take a game off axe in falco dittos. Also, you have to be one of the best female smashers I've seen along with dynadash. Also, have you considered switching to pink falco?
Yeah I'm still working on my tech, getting stuck in shield and shine is the worst. A year ago it was super crisp, but I took a very long hiatus from melee. Just got back on the melee grind late last month. I think going from missing l-cancels to keeping it respectable with Axe is a pretty nice improvement.

Shielding too much is my bane as a player. Reminding myself that I can A. CC shine stuff and B. that I should counter attack more often is an ongoing battle. I'm not really sure what triggers me in and out of the "OHGODOHGOD GOTTA SHIELD" and the "I can take this hit mentality."

As for rolling, I need to find a nice medium between rolling and not rolling. last tournament I was getting punished for never rolling. ever. this tournament I got punished a few time for derp rolls.

I probably won't play a texture hacked Falco color since I generally dislike texture changes.

Thanks for the feedback. x3

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm still working on my tech, getting stuck in shield and shine is the worst. A year ago it was super crisp, but I took a very long hiatus from melee. Just got back on the melee grind late last month. I think going from missing l-cancels to keeping it respectable with Axe is a pretty nice improvement.
Sounds great, hope you're not trying to john, lol.

Shielding too much is my bane as a player. Reminding myself that I can A. CC shine stuff and B. that I should counter attack more often is an ongoing battle. I'm not really sure what triggers me in and out of the "OHGODOHGOD GOTTA SHIELD" and the "I can take this hit mentality."
Mix it up, you can practice all of that with the 20XX hack pack, which you should have if you haven't got it already.

As for rolling, I need to find a nice medium between rolling and not rolling. last tournament I was getting punished for never rolling. ever. this tournament I got punished a few time for derp rolls.
Sometimes even the noob roll can be a good option, is all about doing things that your opponent will not expect. This is kind of difficult especially if the first time you've played someone, you kind of have to get to know his habits and what he expects you to do in a certain situation (for example, if he likes to cover tech in place or tech away).

I probably won't play a texture hacked Falco color since I generally dislike texture changes.
Whut??? I'm dissappointed :(

Thanks for the feedback. x3
You're welcome... x3

Top Bottom