• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

G

genkaku

I'm making a figurine and I can't decide between Andy Warhol or mango.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I'm making a figurine and I can't decide between Andy Warhol or mango.
Isn't the answer obvious? Mango. All Any Warhol did was do some prints, produce some films, and paint some pictures.

Mango printed the book on Melee, he produced some of the finest matches anyone has ever seen, and he has painted the path for Melee, for generations to come.

**** Andy Warhol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Warhol represents everything that's wrong with modern American culture and blah de blah de blah etc. etc.

Mango's legit. Do mango.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Crush, is your avatar a photoshopped picture of Aziz's face on falcon's body with cases of cruch soda for arms and legs, all wile riding a trollface randall?

Best. Avatar. Ever.

I've missed you <3

crush

Smash Master
Crush, is your avatar a photoshopped picture of Aziz's face on falcon's body with cases of cruch soda for arms and legs, all wile riding a trollface randall?

Best. Avatar. Ever.

I've missed you <3
<3

but no thats not haxes face thats mine lol

and yeah my photoshopping skills arent terrible imo and it only took me like ~4 minutes

G

genkaku

You know how marth can use sideBs to put out your firebird repeatedly? A sheik did it to me today with her chain. Even if she died with me, it was amazing.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Warhol represents everything that's wrong with modern American culture and blah de blah de blah etc. etc.

Mango's legit. Do mango.
I'd do Mango.

You know how marth can use sideBs to put out your firebird repeatedly? A sheik did it to me today with her chain. Even if she died with me, it was amazing.
Those both make me cry, respectively. It's amazing...but it kills me inside every time.

crush

Smash Master
Pssssh I can do that except halfway down when im using the chain double jump walljump transform to Zelda neutral B which will kill you and then recover as Zelda. Advance upon me brethren.

:phone:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Pssssh I can do that except halfway down when im using the chain double jump walljump transform to Zelda neutral B which will kill you and then recover as Zelda. Advance upon me brethren.

"Forth! Down fear of darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now... Ride now... Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Death!"

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
When I shine to start up a combo, am I meant to react and follow their di with a jump/wavedash or is it guesswork? Sorry if this is a bad place for questions

noobird

Smash Journeyman
you can react but it has to be a pretty fast reaction if you're comboing like fox. idk it's not really that fast but yeah xD

G

genkaku

When I shine to start up a combo, am I meant to react and follow their di with a jump/wavedash or is it guesswork? Sorry if this is a bad place for questions

It's like most everything else. You have to pay attention to their habits so that you can anticipate things and it won't be pure reaction.
With shine make sure you know their percent. Depending on that and the character some options are better than others. Like, with fox it usually puts you in a better position if you wavedash, falcon depends a lot on the momentum of the match, and floaties you aren't usually too bad off jumping.
In short, yeah you have to react, but if you're smart you should be able to anticipate and catch on to things so they won't surprise you and you can react in time ezpz. It gets to be like muscle-memory as you get used to it.

crush

Smash Master

its not usually guesswork you mostly just react to where they go

also when i saw your name i read it as "greenalink" and at first i was like :awesome:

but then i serious'd :glare:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i can't react to things that fast. (idk why i play spacies, or this game for that matter)

often times against marth, after i hit his shield, i shine and fade away nair even though he tried to grab and got shined so i didn't need to fade away aerial. do you guys actually react and choose what to do?? lol that's like... insane. i "guess" (or attempt to make reads) for almost everything that involves shield pressure and/or shines.

even with fox, i contantly get a shine and wavedash the wrong way for no apparent reason other than i'm stupid. good thing i don't expect to improve anytime soon. :)

Pi

Smash Hero
i can't react to things that fast. (idk why i play spacies, or this game for that matter)

often times against marth, after i hit his shield, i shine and fade away nair even though he tried to grab and got shined so i didn't need to fade away aerial. do you guys actually react and choose what to do?? lol that's like... insane. i "guess" (or attempt to make reads) for almost everything that involves shield pressure and/or shines.

even with fox, i contantly get a shine and wavedash the wrong way for no apparent reason other than i'm stupid. good thing i don't expect to improve anytime soon. :)
lol you can't react to shine hit, you just go the way you think you need to go and if it happens it happens

oliman

Smash Journeyman
upsmash is pretty underused. it can kill floaties decently and suprise them i guess. also, it combos really well, but theres a lot of lag on it so i usually use uptilt

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

This is THE place for questions haha.

And in some situations I'd say you can react, but for the most part you have to predict as well. It's generally a mixture though.

Here's a fun example. You're playing against a Fox at low percent. You get a running Dair to shine into Fox and Fox is standing towards the left side of...let's say Dreamland(you wind up on his right side still though). Now, let's say the Fox doesn't DI the shine too well since he's caught offguard. But then you Dair shine again. He's going to be DI'ing the Dair and the shine the same way probably(to the left or the right probably). We'll say he DIs the Dair to the right because he doesn't want to die early. You can infer that the Fox will probably DI to the right to survive once again. Now, you could technically hold your shine a tiny second longer than normal to hit confirm it, but really going to the right immediately is fine and better overall for your mental health(wearing yourself out reacting all the time vs predicting sometimes).

Basically, you should be predicting most of the time but it should be pretty obvious most of the time as well(if not then you just need to read your opponent more or condition them to go a certain way more).

idk crush, kevin doesn't use it on me so i think it sucks.
I hit you with at least 10-15 Upsmashes today where were you LOL

Edit: I like Falco's upsmash. Combos well on FF'ers sometimes and kills floaties, as well as links from lasers usually. Also great for lofting up FF'ers after they use their jump so they can die(Mango taught me that trick).

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Upsmash is like, the best move ever to link after lasers :) (mostly cuz its like.... the only move that *will* link >_>)

Top Bottom