• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Anri's Legacy - Marcina Sparring Thread

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I need to control my salt when I lose excessively. My timing is becoming more and more off each match. I'll play 3 more games and if I still am salty I'll just end it here.

Regardless GGs, you're a good player, all I can say is keep in mind that Dancing Blade only true combos at early percents so don't spam that as an approach option so much.

AHDKAJSSDHSAKDHSAKFHEKFJEHKTHEKTJh

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
It was good/fun fighting you Quick, thanks for pointing out my reliance on Dancing Blade; I've been fighting my brother's Falcon a lot recently so it's become a habit of mine to rely on it when punishing him.

I recommend watching your F-Smashes; I noticed you had a habit of throwing them out as I was approaching or when I just barely out of range, thus I made a conscious effort to predict your F-Smashes. I'd argue that most of those predictions paid off.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I'll acknowledge your post in the morning and mention self-evaluations here, sorry man, but those matches after a while really got me frustrated haha. Most of them were actually pretty close and the freaking suicides god I will have nightmares about them. I'm heading to bed lol.

EDIT: So yeah, I was playing too aggressive with F-Smash, and I didn't shield nearly as much as I should've vs Lucina. I seem to have no problem doing a lot of the tech I know, but I seem to have trouble actually converting it into practicality. (I have yet to really utilize perfect pivoting when I really should be using it more) Lastly, I think my shield game needs some work, I think my fear of grabs has just made me so hesitant to shield, and it causes me to lose out on grab scenarios that would have given me a huge advantage.

I wonder if finding a secondary/tertiary that forces me to the extreme to utilize these will I learn to do it, but at the same time, I think Marth already really needs to know this, so I don't think it matters whom I force myself to play lol. If there is a recommendation though please tell me and if the character seems fun I'll likely use him the same way I used Dr. Mario to train me to savor my jumps since he was also fun as all things. :3

There won't be an alert if I just edit my post, so I'm double posting.

I've updated the previous post to state the problems I have. If anyone wants to they can read it and tell me what I can do to fix this, but if not that's fine. :3 Either way I'm up for some matches. Customs on highly preferred, I can play on the Wii-U or the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
For future reference, what stages are people okay with playing? I mostly do Battlefield and both Animal Crossing stages, but I'm not against say; Delfino Plaza or Wii Sports Resort if anyone's interested.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Buffoon Buffoon I pick random and I allow the stages that are generally considered legal. I want to put KJ64 and PS2 on the list, since I don't consider them bad at all. However most people are okay with all these stages so put them on random and get the best out of the learning experience!
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Wuhu Island (I think that's what you meant by Wii Sports Resort) :p
Duck Hunt

Last edited:

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Lag is pretty heavy.

EDIT: GGs Buffoon, I think that's as much lag battles I can take lol. I wish we could play with a better environment but oh well.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I don't know if it's the online or my connection; my connection tends to run well, save for the random pauses.

But Lore, you cleaned house; regardless of lag. Well earned victories on your part.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Thank you, you're pretty knowledgeable of the character and know what you're doing. As for the lag, I'm not certain what it is because I have someone I play with in Florida and we actually don't lag. It might just have something to do with the connectivity is all.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Anyone looking for get games in and spare later tonight. I'm looking to work on my Marth play?

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Free to play right now and I would love some matches with custom moves on. :D

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ roymustang1990- roymustang1990- Dear god that lag made me SD hard. I'm also tired so good excuse to end? xD

You really need to make sure you don't just spam aerials, especially d-air, you weren't that hard to punish due to that reason. I was playing needlessly aggressive too, but it was because I wanted to see how far that would get me too and as you could tell I did much better in the matches that I waited things out and punished the aerial lag rather than go super all-in haha. Ggs regardless man, twas fun! :D

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
@ roymustang1990- roymustang1990- Dear god that lag made me SD hard. I'm also tired so good excuse to end? xD

You really need to make sure you don't just spam aerials, especially d-air, you weren't that hard to punish due to that reason. I was playing needlessly aggressive too, but it was because I wanted to see how far that would get me too and as you could tell I did much better in the matches that I waited things out and punished the aerial lag rather than go super all-in haha. Ggs regardless man, twas fun! :D
I'm also worned out at this hour. Those crescent slashes caught me off guard so much. XD

Sorry,I couldn't help myself With those aerials XD I luv going for those dair cross ups. Thanks for the advice.

I was surprise at how many times I followed up with the charged shield breaker or f smashed after d throwing you to forced a air dodge,you could have stopped air dodging at least once. Also,I think you rely on counter a bit too much to safe your falls.

But yeah thanks for the matches. Ggs.

Last edited:

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
I can't stand the thought of playing with custom moves I think the idea is so silly, but is that generally accepted as the norm in sm4sh? My opinion is that custom characters as a whole is extremely gimmicky and should never be played competatively but I'm seeing a lot of people using them, should I be learning the other moves?? Also, I'm available to play tonight if anyone is down I've been practising a lot lately and want to see how I fair.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
They're not gimmicky at all and I don't even think that term describes them at all. Right now it's the norm for people to play with customs because EVO is going to have them and test them out.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
...What the heck is with all the sudden likes on (almost) every comment in this thread?

Anyway, my internet issue should hopefully be resolved since our household will be switching providers in the coming week. Provided the switch sorts out the random pauses that occur during my matches, I'll return to fight whoever's willing to play.

Last edited:

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
...What the heck is with all the sudden likes on (almost) every comment in this thread?

Anyway, my internet issue should hopefully be resolved since our household will be switching providers in the coming week. Provided the switch sorts out the random pauses that occur during my matches, I'll return to fight whoever's willing to play.
LOL. I might be available tomorrow depending on whether I get my school work done.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Is this thread solely for Marth/Lucina dittos or can other character mains request matches here too? I sparingly use Marth and like him but I main Ganondorf so I thought I'd ask

Top Bottom