• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Anri's Legacy - Marcina Sparring Thread

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This thread is for both Marth and Lucina forums to come together and train. If you want to spar with someone just post up here and when you are free to play. I would encourage everyone to give advice and critique one another in a positive manner, so we can improve together. Try to play other characters you have too since dittos can be sort of random at times. (Well, Marth dittos anyway. Lucina dittos are a bit more legit since random tipper f-smash is not a factor.)

And for anyone that wants to spar with me, my best times are weekends and fridays any time after 4pm EST. Weekdays I'm usually free anytime after 10pm EST.

Let's go to work.

For the legacy of Anri and the Altean/Ylissian Dynasty!!

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
I'm down to clown whenever I'm around
mainly weekends

I'm honestly sick of Marth mirrors, though that's led me to lose practice in them so i should probably play them more, but I play a decent Kirby/Falco/Ike/Zelda on the side if anybody is looking for those match ups as well.

Last edited:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I can play most of the time on weekdays (except Wednesdays). Fridays/weekends I can play after 4pm CST.

WIM

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoungLionFE6
Marth dittos seem fun.

Weekends: Free after 12:00 PM CST
Weekdays: Free after 4:00 PM CST (Except on Wednesdays, I have no time on Wednesday)

My other main is Robin.
I have a mediocre Shulk/Charizard/Samus that I use for fun if you want to play against them.

PM me or something if you want to play.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Any of you Marfs available to show me what's up?

I don't play him though so it wouldn't be a double.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Hi guys, I'm a Marth main that needs some experience with the custom environment, I would love to play anyone that allows custom moves because I want to know what sets to carry against certain match-ups and how to handle them. I only really have experience on what to carry vs Villager and the viable sets he can carry, and I would love to see more. Marth dittos would also be great because then I can see how YOU play Marth and if you beat me I'll see what you do and I'll learn from it. :D (I can't really learn anything when it is Marth vs Lucina so please don't do that unless you can only play Lucina)

I also secondary Sheik, so I'll play Sheik sometimes, just felt like mentioning that. :p I'm free at generally around 3-5 PM EST on the Wii-U during the weekdays, and I generally am free at around whatever time in the weekends. I still have Smash 3DS though, and I have no problem playing on that instead. (Yay for me using the Wii-U Pro Controller lol)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hello guys I need work on my Marth cause he is one of my mains along with Falco, Robin and Lucina from time to time and needed experience against other fellow Marth's and learning what to improve on. I'm usually good to play in the late afternoons CST like 7 P.M almost every day.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Gonna be on from 4pm till prolly midnight EST. If anyone wants to play hit my inbox of post here.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Hey folks. Looking to improve my Lucina game, so I hope some of you will be willing to help me.
I'm free to play pretty much any day of the week.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey @ Emblem Lord Emblem Lord , can you play today? I'm looking to practice. I also got my stream/Youtube channel synched so I'm able to upload the matches just in case you are interested.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm going to work in a few hours but will be back home around 9pm CST

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Alright no problem, I'll be around at that time as well. Would you prefer me using a specific character? If not I'll practice my Lucina primarily.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh, man. Only just now saw this. I will def be on later tonight though.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Don't suppose you two are interested in rotations? xP

If not I'll be around for a while so maybe I can play one of you guys after.

Hokuwokk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hokuwokk
I was online already so I have one up :p
Wow uhh lol ggs man.. Yeahhhh I cant play this game

Edit: Man I've never played a good Marth before and I play the character but i had no idea what to do lol.. your marth is great dude. Any tips ? Im still trying to get used to smash in general.

Last edited:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I think you just need more practice. It seemed like you have read the guides on the boards and don't have typical For Glory habits, which is good. I was mostly just punishing your overshielding habits. Plus there were a few times that you missed pretty easy punishes when I hit your shield. Just play more while thinking of specific things to improve on and you'll get better easily :)

Edit: Specific example - when you got up from the ledge you shielded 80% of the time, so that's why I started using shieldbreaker more liberally.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thanks for the games @ Locuan Locuan . Was able to work out some kinks and test my reaction to different forward throw DI. Also got to test the trump tipper trap set-up. Much appreciated.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Are you done for the night EL? I'm still up for some games :v

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Great games. Got to go since I want to be able to upload some of the matches tonight and I have work tomorrow morning. Anyways, I really need to work on my off-stage game, you have that pretty much on point and you where able to get a bunch of two stock games on me because of it.

In terms of the different DI, it seems DI away makes crescent slash always hit. At higher percents DI upwards has Crescent Slash missing after an f-throw. There's a lot more we can analyze etc. but I will try to get some matches up tonight and that will help us out.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah. Never met a Marcina that didn't run off and swing. Gotta just go for the gusto. If I can go for it with Crescent Slash no reason you can't do it with regular DS.

Speaking of, what are your opinions on CS now that you have fought against it?

@ Foodies Foodies , set-up a room. I will join. Gotta throw my clothes in the dryer.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Speaking of, what are your opinions on CS now that you have fought against it?
I've always liked it but I had never seen it in action other than when I failed to utilize it correctly. Now I want to practice it and use it over Dolphin Slash. I started realizing when you where using it offensively other than from the f-throw combos. Normally, I sometimes use my double jump when landing in order to bait out opponents attacks and try to land safe-ish. However, Crescent Slash gave you the ability to punish that. As soon as I used my jump you would wait a bit and use Crescent Slash. There was no way to evade it. Have you thought of making a write up on the optimal moments to use Crescent Slash. I think a lot of people would benefit from that. Anyways, I think Crescent Slash is basically the go to Up-B. It basically gives Marcina the offensive presence they lack in a lot of match-ups.

Hokuwokk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hokuwokk
I think you just need more practice. It seemed like you have read the guides on the boards and don't have typical For Glory habits, which is good. I was mostly just punishing your overshielding habits. Plus there were a few times that you missed pretty easy punishes when I hit your shield. Just play more while thinking of specific things to improve on and you'll get better easily :)

Edit: Specific example - when you got up from the ledge you shielded 80% of the time, so that's why I started using shieldbreaker more liberally.
Yeah id say so too. Well i actually dont read the boards too much lol. And i actually dont play For Glory at all. I just experiment and watch videos when i can. Thing is tho in match i struggle with punishing most things because i cant recognize what is and what isnt punishable.

Yeah you use shieldbreaker real effectively. I need to use it more like you were. Got me good a few times :urg:.. deff need to play you again sometime soon.

Top Bottom