• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Anri's Legacy - Marcina Sparring Thread

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Thanks for the games Foodies. I got to test out alot of different DI vs CS. Seems like up and towards is the best DI.

BTW I got a strong vibe that you just werent comfortable playing footsies on the ground at all. Alot of dash up roll back which I did not even bother reacting too since it gives up space for free. You didnt d-tilt once. Just something that really caught my eye. You are definitely more exp with CS then me though thats for sure. And once again I see a Marcina that just doesnt go off the stage.

Your Marth is..weird.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the games Foodies. I got to test out alot of different DI vs CS. Seems like up and towards is the best DI.

BTW I got a strong vibe that you just werent comfortable playing footsies on the ground at all. Alot of dash up roll back which I did not even bother reacting too since it gives up space for free. You didnt d-tilt once. Just something that really caught my eye. You are definitely more exp with CS then me though thats for sure. And once again I see a Marcina that just doesnt go off the stage.

Your Marth is..weird.
Dash up roll back is a just a habit I have that sometimes baits people into over committing on the roll punish lol. It's not very good in theory, but it's safe/works enough in my matches that I haven't gotten rid of the habit yet. I wonder if you could have punished it with Dashing Assault though. DA into tipper was amazing heh. I can't remember if that was just me missing the tech or it being guaranteed. As for dtilt, I don't find it as good if the opponent is running CS, but I could've used it more for edgeguarding at the least. Sometimes I just forget. And I'm still not comfortable going offstage while running CS, but I'll work on it. Perhaps we can play again some other time, those matches were fun :)

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
Would love to spar against a better Marth if anyone has time, I only have a handful of decent friends to play against and I dominate them, I'm ready to receive an ass kicking from someone with more experience. I'm available anyday, Monday-Friday 7pm-11pm PST, and almost anytime on weekends. While I do main Marth I also love zero suit, shiek, link, Mac, Pac, and the captain.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I am loving this thread and how we are leveling up together as an online family.

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
Hey emblem Lord. I have not been posting very much but I have been following the board now for around a year, and more specifically your guides and advice in threads. Just wanted to say I respect the time and dedication you have put into the Marth section and I have learned a lot from you and have been successful in implementing at least some of it in game. While I beat all my friends, very easily, I know I'm simply a small fish on the spectrum. So maybe some time we could have a couple matches so I can view the gap distance and understand better what I need to work on. Honestly it sounds like foodies and myself have a couple of things in common, I definitely need to edge guard off stage more and I also have the bad habit of sometimes doing dash in roll aways and I'm happy to read that it doesn't work on more experienced people so I can try to cut it out or use it much much less rather.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
I'm up for some games if you want. I sent a friend request. I'm no Marcina expert, but hey maybe we can help each other out.

Last edited:

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
GG's Hokuwokk, it was fun. Your Math is actually pretty nice. One thing I think you should improve on is your punish game. I was throwing out dancing blade very carelessly and didn't get punished much for it. Also, when you get up from the ledge, I noticed you generally only either get up, or roll back up. try and mix it up a bit with jumping up from the ledge as well. You have a pretty good off stage game as well (something I need to work on) you also use dolphin slash at pretty good times (I need to start doing this)

If you're ever up for more games lemme know

and don't beat yourself up over it. We're all here to improve.

Last edited:

Hokuwokk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hokuwokk
GG's Hokuwokk, it was fun. Your Math is actually pretty nice. One thing I think you should improve on is your punish game. I was throwing out dancing blade very carelessly and didn't get punished much for it. Also, when you get up from the ledge, I noticed you generally only either get up, or roll back up. try and mix it up a bit with jumping up from the ledge as well. You have a pretty good off stage game as well (something I need to work on) you also use dolphin slash at pretty good times (I need to start doing this)

If you're ever up for more games lemme know

and don't beat yourself up over it. We're all here to improve.
Yeah im still getting used to a lot in this game. its hard to tell whats punishable sometimes because when something looks punishable it actually isnt -_-. Feel like ive hit my plateau with Marth/This game right now.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I am free to play if anyone is down. Add me buffon. I'm about to jump on.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I'll play you Quickhero. Not too long though since I need to go grocery shopping in a bit.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Foodies Foodies How long will it take you to get the groceries? I'll play now I don't mind, just I'd prefer after unless it's going to be like hours from now so you don't feel rushed. :p

Last edited:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Long enough lol. I have ~30 minutes, should be okay. I'll host.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lie, I'd classify this connection as unplayable. But I'll still play heh.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
God damn it it's so hard for me to just be patient lol.

Not quitting this is a nice training tool, but holy **** even when I try my hardest it's so hard for me to just wait lol.

Also I cannot grab at all.

Last edited:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Alright good games. I'll type up my impressions after I get back if you are interested.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Let's rock.

EDIT: Emblem Lord, your Marth is something else; also, I apologize how the lag built up towards the end. I didn't realize that Crescent Slash had such utility.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I had

Dashing Assault - 3
Dancing Blade - 1
Crescent Slash - 2
Iai Counter - 3

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Really? Crescent Slash has better recovery than I thought.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Okay, I'm feeling like I won't get my ass 6-0d since I think I can actually play patient. Anyone up for some matches?

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm game, if you'll have me; I've already sent a friend request.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I'm game, if you'll have me; I've already sent a friend request.
KK, accepting. :3

@ Buffoon Buffoon hosting!

Man I hate these SDs. I really need to learn how to recover below stage with Crescent Slash.

I'm generally doing much better than I did against Foodies though, so that's good. I'm still going to play more matches, just felt like saying this now.

That DC was out of the blue, heading back on. Still hate SDs. -__-

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Quickhero Quickhero be wary with double posting. Next time you have something to add use the edit button. On another note, yep I SD too much with Crescent Slash as well so I know what you mean.

Top Bottom