• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V- Discussion, Donations, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliq

Smash Master
Also you used "shear" as in "To remove by cutting or clipping" instead of "sheer" as in "unqualified, utter."

Was it that hard Sliq?
Hoho! You've bested me using homophones, which, as everyone is well aware of, is my kryptonite. Bravo! Kudos to you for using the differences between sheer and shear to win what essentially was never an argument.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting in the shame circle brushing up on my "words" so such an embarrassing non-event doesn't occur in the near future.

On a side note, Pink Reaper enjoys semen on his face, chest, and back.

I refuse to take the high road, even though water boils at a lower temperature due to a change in the barometric pressure. NEVER I SAY!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I like how you misspelled "thoroughly" in you last edit reason. Not that I personally care, its just ironic.

This stuff been resolved yet?

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Everyone in this thread is ********.

Every single one of you are stupid and you should feel ashamed to be as dumb as you are.

I'm flabbergasted at the shear stupid that is this thread, and I feel the world is a worse place because of its existence.
I'm flabbergasted at your sheer inability to properly spell.
Ho ho, I used 'their' instead of 'the'. I've been thoroughly bested by the man the went back and had to edit his own post after he discovered a spelling mistake and did not want to look foolish.

Also, not so much of a spelling error as much as inadvertently using a word with a very similar character layout and then not proofreading my post.

Pink Reaper, more like Stink Reaper, amirite?

I'm hilarious.
Also you used "shear" as in "To remove by cutting or clipping" instead of "sheer" as in "unqualified, utter."

Was it that hard Sliq?
Hoho! You've bested me using homophones, which, as everyone is well aware of, is my kryptonite. Bravo! Kudos to you for using the differences between sheer and shear to win what essentially was never an argument.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting in the shame circle brushing up on my "words" so such an embarrassing non-event doesn't occur in the near future.

On a side note, Pink Reaper enjoys semen on his face, chest, and back.

I refuse to take the high road, even though water boils at a lower temperature due to a change in the barometric pressure. NEVER I SAY!
You can always count on smashboards to, when the masses call for action, instead come through with an internet argument for no apparent reason

Sliq

Smash Master
You can always count on smashboards to, when the masses call for action, instead come through with an internet argument for no apparent reason
Nothing's going to happen by *****ing that Plank stole your money, when you don't know that he did. He might have. He might not have.

Put your pitchfork down and stop being an *******. Or stop being an idiot and giving your money away. Both are awesome choices.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Noooo, he spelled everything properly. Grammar police powers weakening, I've, I've lost.

As an aside I agree with sliq, which is disturbing for a multitude of reasons. Moreover while its great to see that the smash community can ***** about things with the best of them if anyone has taken a look at the front page you'll notice everyone's ability to complain is inversely proportional to the amount they're actually willing to help. For all the talk about how plank should be taken to court there's been very few real donations.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Nothing's going to happen by *****ing that Plank stole your money, when you don't know that he did. He might have. He might not have.

Put your pitchfork down and stop being an *******. Or stop being an idiot and giving your money away. Both are awesome choices.
Not that you're explicitly saying I'm part of this, but I should clear the record by saying I am not really involved in either side of this case. I just enjoyed the fact that a thread dedicated to some call to action (whether it be suing [lol] or trying to stop something like this from happening again) devolved into an argument about how to spell things. Classic smashboards.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Just found out about this. I wasn't at Pound but...its unfortunate what happened at this event. Who cares about donating to just Brawl or Melee...we're ALL Smashers. We're a giant community whether you view that way or not. Donate a few bucks if you can. Otherwise just take the high ground and not spend so much energy slamming people and pointing fingers. It's not going to get the money back. A solution has been offered now. The reason this community is still around is because of how we all help each other. TOs like myself, Plank, and others donate their time and energy to put on events for your entertainment. Drivers use their own cars and energy and gather people who don't have the means to travel themselves so that they can attend these events. It's about helping your fellow man. The rest of that diluted Brawl vs Melee stuff is for children. As soon as I can I'm donating.

And if people are so adamant about showcasing how duplicitous Plank is..go sue (good luck with that though..) I do find it funny the only thing that is being done is E-bashing. Middle schoolers can do that.

Sliq

Smash Master
Not that you're explicitly saying I'm part of this, but I should clear the record by saying I am not really involved in either side of this case. I just enjoyed the fact that a thread dedicated to some call to action (whether it be suing [lol] or trying to stop something like this from happening again) devolved into an argument about how to spell things. Classic smashboards.
I do what I can to bring you the smashboards experience you've grown to resent. It is my destiny.

Also, the thing that kills me is that politicians steal millions of dollars of your money, but none of you give a ****. Some guy might have stolen, what, 30 bucks from the people who attended the tournament and...well I guess nobody is doing anything about that either. However, people are still *****ing quite a lot about it, regardless of how much other people are ****ING you over more in a really huge way.

Seriously, a lot of people are stealing your money everyday. Give a **** about that instead, you assholes.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For the sake of argument Sliq: 45% of Americans don't pay federal income tax, and chances are most people on Smashboards don't pay taxes.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
I do what I can to bring you the smashboards experience you've grown to resent. It is my destiny.

Also, the thing that kills me is that politicians steal millions of dollars of your money, but none of you give a ****. Some guy might have stolen, what, 30 bucks from the people who attended the tournament and...well I guess nobody is doing anything about that either. However, people are still *****ing quite a lot about it, regardless of how much other people are ****ING you over more in a really huge way.

Seriously, a lot of people are stealing your money everyday. Give a **** about that instead, you assholes.
Oh please stop being so elitest.

It's a lot more feasible to do something about Plank stealing money than to do something about politicians stealing money, which is going to happen regardless.

But I'm just a bystander so idrc what action y'all take.

Sliq

Smash Master
Oh please stop being so elitest.

It's a lot more feasible to do something about Plank stealing money than to do something about politicians stealing money, which is going to happen regardless.
This is the type of thinking that allows the **** I'm talking about to happen.

If I come to Smashboards and say, "Hey, you suck," people get all up in arms stating that they don't suck, and I got modded. I say that people should take action and be more involved in (insert anything worthwhile), and their response is, "Can't; I suck too much."

You guys suck.

For the sake of argument Sliq: 45% of Americans don't pay federal income tax, and chances are most people on Smashboards don't pay taxes.
Well 99% of Americans weren't at this tournament (rough estimate). So I suppose this theft doesn't matter, as well. Even more so, because 99 is bigger than 45!

Thread over.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure most of the people posting in this thread actually don't care. The last 10 pages have been mostly trolling and whining about how suing plank isn't even worth the trouble.

mallu000

Smash Cadet
I think the most possible outcome is that Plank doesn't give a damn about this community anymore, maybe he stopped caring after all this hate and bashing, but anyways he's probably not gonna pay anything and not a single person is gonna get anything from him by lawsuit or crying in the internet. Winners get what they get from funds and that stuff but not from Plank no matter what you do. People got screwed but seriously, I mean SERIOUSLY you should understand that if you handle things poorly (plank and everyone else) you deserve to lose all the money in the world. I mean if you're gonna make a living out of video games maybe you should consider getting stuff on paper. This whole thing is like you're used to doing something in a stupid way like working in a construction yard without helmet and when a brick falls on your head you start shouting "Hey wtf! How can a brick fall on my head! Someone pay my medical bills!" and most of all you just keep shouting without doing **** and complaining about how wrong this is and saying ridiculous things like "oh I'm gonna find out where this guy lives and go slap him and make him pay". People are always saying other communities and a lot of guys in this community (I think) say the Smash Community is full of little children and I'm really getting the feeling that it is.

Wake up people, this is real world and your probably not gonna get any dollars, not one, never will. This whole thing is just god damn hilarious in it's stupidity.

ps. People who want to make living out of gaming, why not switch to StreetFighter, Starcraft or CounterStrike?

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Its been awhile here so just wanted to update everyone. I will be reaching out to players come this Sunday. Although the donations are not anything significant at the end of the day it was nice of people to reach into their pockets and donate to try to do right by the players that placed. It was a great gesture by some.

So the first round of donations will end next Sunday May 15th. If there is enough interest or a group of tournaments that wants to donate I will continue to take them and hand them out. Just in terms of splitting it up it is difficult if we do not have at least 100+ dollars. So if I do it again it want it to be for real interest.

So again if anyone cares about contributing please do so before the Sunday May 15th donation deadline.

cHp

Smash Apprentice
"Let us pray the Pimp's Prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this ***** and guide my pimp hand and make it strong, Lord, so that she might learn a ho's place. Amen."
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ok i'm done now.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
This is the type of thinking that allows the **** I'm talking about to happen.

If I come to Smashboards and say, "Hey, you suck," people get all up in arms stating that they don't suck, and I got modded. I say that people should take action and be more involved in (insert anything worthwhile), and their response is, "Can't; I suck too much."

You guys suck.

Well 99% of Americans weren't at this tournament (rough estimate). So I suppose this theft doesn't matter, as well. Even more so, because 99 is bigger than 45!

Thread over.

QFT, Sliq 4 Prez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom