• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Diddy vs. MK vids

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i know exactly what adhd was doing wrong the whole time. i take all credit for adhd's loss :troll:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Why do players throw their bananas even when they have no chance of hitting their opponent? When players stop doing this, that's when you are going to see diddys consistently beating MKs.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just can't play clutch like I used to anymore, and plus it's becoming our only bad matchup. Idk, but if you see anything good dfear that I'm doing bad against mk in general hit me up.

The whole second stock I was just trying to hit him with anything to kill him, and that worked out terribly. I'm just going to camp the **** out of metaknight now, and develop the most ridiculously stupid camping game because i'm tired of losing to this ****. I'm alot better than seibrik and nairoby. I barely even camp nowadays but that's going to change because I hate losing.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I watched the first video and my main gripe is how can someone let MK use the same short hop strategy two matches in a row. He used short hops to pick up, attack, and catch bananas. After the first 2 or 3 times, a counter strategy should have be developed. Maybe feign a banana pick up and fair to predict his short hop, upsmash, or even scrub rolling. The point isn't even to break him, he might have had other ways of dealing with bananas. You want him to constantly switch up his style, not kill you with the same tactic. It looked like rock-papers-scissors and MK using a bunch of rock, 2 papers (shuttle loops) and then back to rock.

Our recovery isn't that good people. There are two important things Diddys have to learn. The timing of invincibility frames from ledge grabbing. The other thing, knowing how to recover ON STAGE from all angles. Getting on stage should be priority one. I haven't seen a player do up+b on the stage and fall to his death from going through the stage, but I have seen many Diddy's hit the side of the stage because they chose the ledge instead of the stage to save percent from being punished.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Don't get gimped guys :\ iirc you got gimped the exact same way lol. Shouldn't have stopped using sideB in that position cuz it was just really obvious you'd get dair'd... :[

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Does fairing OoS against MK's fair always work? I saw that a couple of times in both vids.
no...frame data wise its not possible. human reaction time can however make that possible.

the catch is tho if mk does a RETREATING fair the only REASONABLE punish is a dash attack Oos, throw nana Oos (non glidetossed), and simply put do nothing and let him fair all he wants as long as he's not hitting u with it.

does it matter as long as you keep your position strong? maybe. depends how much RISK you wanna afford to LOSE.

sent u a msg wyatt. cheer up man.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i think this is the perfect opportunity to point out that....

i'm 2-0 with seibrik. yeeeah adhd get at me

Gnes

Smash Master
I just can't play clutch like I used to anymore, and plus it's becoming our only bad matchup. Idk, but if you see anything good dfear that I'm doing bad against mk in general hit me up.

The whole second stock I was just trying to hit him with anything to kill him, and that worked out terribly. I'm just going to camp the **** out of metaknight now, and develop the most ridiculously stupid camping game because i'm tired of losing to this ****. I'm alot better than seibrik and nairoby. I barely even camp nowadays but that's going to change because I hate losing.
Wyatt this is exactly what i came up with when talking to Razer after Pound. Back to the roots baby. Time to bring back out the tents.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't see why some players see camping as a bad thing. If you don't like it, I would say switch mains, but every character has to camp at one point or another.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wyatt actually reminded me of...myself that set. as in, taking unnecessary damage cause of being so aggro.

Once wyatt re-learns to camp he'll be fine. I personally never learned to camp so its hard for me to start :laugh:

:urg: watching those gimps against seibrik again...the pain, it burns...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yes i was. i think hes better than you though but not ALOT better. same with nairo.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
mampam, the correct way to gloat is to let others do it for you and remain silent yourself

ya know, if u care bout not looking like a ****

Mampam

Smash Ace
mampam, the correct way to gloat is to let others do it for you and remain silent yourself

ya know, if u care bout not looking like a ****
this is like the 4th time since ive been on swfs that ive ever said anything on any char board

sorry, idk the "rules" :awesome::awesome::awesome::urg:

Vega4

Smash Ace
ADHD lost in this tourney because he made a lot of mistakes, and he got gimped for this.
He could beat Ally and Seibrik if he didn't get those gimps.
BTW, I'd like to see ADHD camping. Till know I haven't see a top Diddy camping the hell out and winning in big tournament, so I don't know the way to do it right againist really good players. I hope see this in HOBO.

Any vids of a top Diddy camping?

Vega4

Smash Ace
I also thought that Gnes could have that "camping style", but in that case, Diddy camping is not that extreme...
I think that Diddy camping could be something more extreme, but probably u are right...

Gnes

Smash Master
I dont camp that much anymore. I prefer to be more aggro these days. Also diddy camp is easy to get through if u know how. Mk's like nairo/atomsk cut through it easily

Top Bottom