• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*pound 3* random stuff thread, mods can close this if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I was just gonna ask that. Why not make it 3 days? 2 days just doesn't seem to be enough anymore. FC is 3 days, and FC's are the best tourneys I've ever been to.

Also, if you want WC/far away peeps to come, I think Spring Break would be a good time, or any weekend where most people have the Friday or Monday off, like President's Day weekend. I believe Jan 21 and Feb 18 are days off.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
aren't FCs during the summer? when we don't have school? Because if by three days you mean friday night, sat, and sunday morning, that's okay, but if you mean three full ****ing days, **** no. There's no time.

Fonz

Smash Ace
aren't FCs during the summer? when we don't have school? Because if by three days you mean friday night, sat, and sunday morning, that's okay, but if you mean three full ****ing days, **** no. There's no time.
I think Spring Break would be a good time, or any weekend where most people have the Friday or Monday off, like President's Day weekend. I believe Jan 21 and Feb 18 are days off.
Weekends where people have 3 or more days off in a row is the important part of his post that you may have overlooked. I agree that a 3 day tourney would be sweet if it can be arranged.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
a 3 day tournament could be held in january and febuary. monday january 21 is martin luther king jr day. most schools have off. (at least high schools) and i believe most cols are out of school by then. so you could do a saturday january 19 start and end it on monday january 21. that would be a 3 day tourny. you could also do it on a friday to a sunday any weekend after that and before brawl comes out but there is no other day where both, most high schools and colleges are off towards the end of january and the begininng of febuary.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Weekends where people have 3 or more days off in a row is the important part of his post that you may have overlooked. I agree that a 3 day tourney would be sweet if it can be arranged.

psh who reads entire posts? what a waste of time :p

Kaotical

Smash Ace
If this is looking to be the first big tournament of the new year, then you really gotta try to shoot for something in January IMO. It'll also be the last really big tourney before Brawl's release. The weekend before Brawl's release could be a good date. I see people posting about possible college holidays...I think someone should find out whether or not for sure that college has off for those holidays. I'm pretty sure high-school has days off for all of the above mentioned.

As for venues, you could try talking to Team Ben about the venue they used for both Gettin' Schooled tournaments. They had a big turnout for those tourneys and the venue handled it pretty well.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
My mistake. It is a holiday at VT. I just couldn't remember having that day off.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
is vt still in their fall semester? i thought most colleges break in december and start back up in febuary. which is why i said that most college students would be off unless they are taking winter courses. this also assumes though that you dont go back for spring till febuary. which is why i suggest mlk day. kirbstir could you please keep me informed on this. thanks.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
ahh ok. sorry i didnt know that. i know most schools in ny start the weekend after mlk day or the first week of feb.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
early january/late december works for a bunch of smashers who go to school in SoVa, but live in NoVa

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thats what i was thinking hugo, but the problem is the venue fell through, and right now im trying to find another one. its a pain in the *** though, blah.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ya yo i saw it, but that place is closed on sundays and so i dont think it would fly :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom