• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Fixed to be Thesis'
Otherwise, fine.

I'm looking for a video of the roster 'sliding around.'
Why do you need a video? Seeing them "sliding in motion" has nothing to do with anything, not that they actually do that. It's about where new unlockables are placed when you get them. They get inserted in between the other characters that they are supposed to be in-between, "sliding" the other characters that were placed after them. It's a fact that this happens in brawl, and it's a fact that so far from what we've seen of smash4 (the e3 demo roster, the Japanese 3ds e-shop roster, and the leaked roster), it is happening here as well.

Last edited:

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
I don't think Sakurai's tiny balance team could handle that either.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
For all that is good and holy, NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO! It's putrid. It's a blight on mankind. The Prime series is a glorious golden goose compared to the bubonic plague of bad that is Other M.

On Topic: I wonder what the last stage is. I'm guessing a Duck Hunt stage.
Alright thanks. Honestly, I don't even think there are any Duck Hunt stages on the 3DS. Maybe they'll have it for the Wii U version since we know only like what now 7-8 stages?

Last edited:

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Junior, Wario, Dr.
DK, Diddy, Dixie, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Impa
Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Fox, Falco
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Mewtwo, Samus, ZS, Ridley
Kirby, Meta Knight, DeX3, Ness, Captain Falcon, Villager, Pikmin, WFT, G&W
Duck Hunt, ROB, Mach Rider, Chorus Men, Shulk, Pac, Mega Man, Sonic, Random

Based on all the new/veteran info we've been given, and assuming the clone character positions are tentative, this is how I envision the final roster to be laid out. It most likely might not be exact, but I feel like it'll be very close.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice

Based on all the new/veteran info we've been given, and assuming the clone character positions are tentative, this is how I envision the final roster to be laid out. It most likely might not be exact, but I feel like it'll be very close.
I have a theory about the "dixie" in every leak, the "leak" with cripted code (M,D,M,Z,X) mentions this "D", maybe other leakers thought it was "dixie" but after all this was "duck hunt dog", the same for mach rider because of the "M" thing. During all the past POTD, Trailer, direct, there was not hint about "dixie" but cleary with Impa and Ridley with that trophy theory. In purely logical the (M,D,M,Z,X) is cripted code about franchise and not character, and it makes sense for (Bowser Jr, Duck hunt, Ridley, Impa, Shulk). Maybe this is why Ridley was not in some "fake" leaks, because they thought dat "M" was again for a character and not a franchise...

Just a counterfactual analysis

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

I think you forgot Little Mac.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Why do you need a video? Seeing them "sliding in motion" has nothing to do with anything, not that they actually do that. It's about where new unlockables are placed when you get them. They get inserted in between the other characters that they are supposed to be in-between, "sliding" the other characters that were placed after them. It's a fact that this happens in brawl, and it's a fact that so far from what we've seen of smash4 (the e3 demo roster, the Japanese 3ds e-shop roster, and the leaked roster), it is happening here as well.
Why do I need to see it? It sounds lie your turning a very minute difference, even a turn of phrase, and basing it into an entire illogical theory. You are then clinging to the very, very insufficient data we have from screenshots of unconfirmed images from the CSS at various points during the roster being situated, and claiming it as evidence towards that which we know not for what it stands.

Either way I'm going to drop it, but the statement I originally responded to seems completely baseless.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice

Oh ? Here we go... What is this lock Sakurai ?

EDIT : Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete.

So... IF the CSS and the screen of the All Star are from the same video, the roster is incomplete, as we thought. Right ?

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Okay, I absolutely agree with the theory that Sakurai is poking fun at the people who have been following the leak now.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Bombshell PotD, not the final roster, ZOMG. Gonna go scream in happiness.

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
AHAHAHAHA. BEST PotD, I have a feeling Sakurai really was planning this leak all along. Why make All-Star mode so weird compared to previous installments?

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Well, on one hand, now we know the true meaning of the padlock.

On the other hand, we still don't know whether or not the all-star portion was the same save file as the leak roster.

It never ends, now does it?

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice

Oh ? Here we go... What is this lock Sakurai ?

EDIT : Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete.

So... IF the CSS and the screen of the All Star are from the same video, the roster is incomplete, as we thought. Right ?
Happening-Con 2.gif

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
Well, on one hand, now we know the true meaning of the padlock.

On the other hand, we still don't know whether or not the all-star portion was the same save file as the leak roster.

It never ends, now does it?
True, but this makes the 'more characters' theory more plausible than the other. If they all came from the same video, it's likely that this is the same. There's no point showing the lock in the video if the CSS was actually complete. Why not show All-Star without the lock?

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
Yeah, Sakurai is definitely playing around with the leak now. He probably still has plenty of surprises waiting.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yes! It's not absolute but at least it gives me hope.

All-Star mode is usually unlocked when you get all of the playable fighters in previous Smash games. If the leaked images came from the same source then it might mean that the roster that was showed was not final.

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
Why do I need to see it? It sounds lie your turning a very minute difference, even a turn of phrase, and basing it into an entire illogical theory. You are then clinging to the very, very insufficient data we have from screenshots of unconfirmed images from the CSS at various points during the roster being situated, and claiming it as evidence towards that which we know not for what it stands.

Either way I'm going to drop it, but the statement I originally responded to seems completely baseless.
Let's use your images shared in your post to start with:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, and Pikachu all stay in the same order, left to right. When you unlock Marth (using him since he's next in the top row), he goes in after Pikachu, before Diddy Kong and Diddy Kong is moved one square to the right. From that Diddy is bumped off the top row, he pushes Zelda to Yoshi over one square, and the Ice Climbers fall off to the bottom row. This continues to happen, with each new character, falling in between whichever two characters are unlocked that are their neighbors, and so forth until the final roster is unlocked.

But if you look at the final roster the order of Mario > DK > Link > Samus > Kirby > Fox > Pikachu > Diddy > Zelda > Pit > Metaknight > Trainer > Ike > Peach > Yoshi > Ice Climbers > Dedede > Bowser > Wario > Olimar > Lucas remains unchanged if you ignore the added tiles between them. To get all the Mario cast together Pikachu isn't moved so he's behind Peach. And to get all the Space animals together they don't move Falco from one part of the screen to another.

Now, if you look at the E3 Demo roster, eshop roster, and leaked roster:

We have the same pattern system emerge, the difference is in the 3DS version franchise grouping is horizontal, not vertical. So the cast isn't initially separated like in Brawl (where the columns only line up once the roster is completely unlocked). But a pattern of:
Mario > Luigi > Bowser > Yoshi > DK > Zelda > Sheik > Toon Link > Samus > Pit > Marth > Kirby > Mac > Fox > Pikachu > Greninja > Villager > Trainer > Mega Man > Sonic
is there in all three pictures, just with the eshop and ESRB leak rosters with more characters. Further, we have all the characters in the eshop roster in the same order in the ERSB leak.

If you want to go find image captures of the Brawl roster at various stages of unlock to see the characters added where they fall in the sequence be my guest, but this is how the unlock pattern has worked for Brawl, and this is what the evidence we have points to.

Last edited:

Staccato

Smash Cadet
So basically now you can access All-Star Mode even when you don't have all the characters unlocked but the mode will be nonetheless incomplete until you unlock everyone, judging by Sakurai's words (I mean, he does say "However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available.").

This matches the pic of the All-Star Mode appearing in the spot shown during the direct, where only a few of the characters from 1985-1986 were actually present.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I think he's doing this with all star mode because they're going to add some final characters in an update when the wii u version launches.

Otherwise the mode would be unavailable for months.

I've said it before, but I really believe that there will be 3-5 characters that get added as a free update to celebrate the wii u version launch.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So... this makes the debate interesting. It's like a trial in Ace Attorney when someone ends up bringing in that last minute evidence.

We can potentially conclude that, for some reason, the ESRB did not see the final roster.

HOWEVER!

We also need to acknowledge a couple other possibilities.

This was an incomplete build, so the all-star screen may not have been programmed for the switch.
The images are compiled from two different unlock periods in the build

Still, this is a strong vote in favor of there being more characters... which I think almost all the leakers have been saying since Day 1.

MEWTWO!

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap, the thing that was super obvious got confirmed, time to go nuts!

At least I finally got a good explanation for why the All-star mode wasn't greyed out while the bottom screen displayed a lock. Seems so obvious now.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My God, even when a majority (I can now use that word in this sentence and it's fully legitimate and it won't lead to speculation and arguments) of the roster is leaked, almost every mode is shown and everything else that's happened in the past two weeks, Sakurai is still capable of being an A-Class Troll and is still unpredictable. Good show Sakurai, jolly good show indeed. Now the question is...who is there left for us to see?

MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
They could have easily worded the POTD differently or changed the screen or anything like that before it's release. They didn't have to acknowledge the lock at all. This makes me think that this POTD is a direct nod to the leak.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
This POTD just gave a little bit of my hype back. Holy cow Sakurai, you're a god.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
My God, even when a majority (I can now use that word in this sentence and it's fully legitimate and it won't lead to speculation and arguments) of the roster is leaked, almost every mode is shown and everything else that's happened in the past two weeks, Sakurai is still capable of being an A-Class Troll and is still unpredictable. Good show Sakurai, jolly good show indeed. Now the question is...who is there left for us to see?

MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO
time to pull out the old pic I made...

Attachments

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
This is what I like about Sakurai, he knows how to troll even when leaks are revealed. He truly is a master troll :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Find out next week on... SUPER SMASH BROTHERS
It's so close, I can almost taste it! I am glad though...that leakers didn't come out with extra information (that may or may not be fabricated) that could possibly spoil the surprise of some of the most-wanted characters. Though I will admit...I'm curious as to what Ridley's render would look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom