• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Five newcomers:
M - Ridley
D - Dixie?
M - Bowser Jr.
Z - Toon Zelda?
X - Shulk

If tbr means to be removed, then replace Wario with Wolf.

Here's one thing I don't understand:
Why are Miis unlockable?
D would probably mean Duck hunt dog from Duck hunt. Mii's on the esrb leak a week ago were on a separate menu anyway, so who knows?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
People have speculated that they're available via a separate menu or some such, hence why they've been totally absent on the CSS's we've seen.
I always just assumed they were available through turning on Customization.
I mean, the CSS leak has it turned off, and it makes sense.....

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Five newcomers:
M - Ridley
D - Dixie?
M - Bowser Jr.
Z - Toon Zelda?
X - Shulk

If tbr means to be removed, then replace Wario with Wolf.

Here's one thing I don't understand:
Why are Miis unlockable?
Mario kart Wii did that, so did Sega all-stars racing i personally like them being secrets, (a partial reason why i don't like MK8 that much)

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that Russian site is probably instead super late and they'll be posting some in-house translated version of the direct that revealed Shulk.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
This leak is suggesting that the five remaining slots are filled with two newcomers and three veterens. One Z (probably Zelda) and one M (probably Metroid) newcomer. The other three would have to be veterens, unless the Mii Fighters count as one.

Possible veteren candidates: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Young Link.

Seeing as Mewtwo and Roy were intended to be in Brawl, I'd put my bets on Snake, Mewtwo and Roy if this leak is true.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Food for thought on this code leak. I'm not saying I believe it.

'L' probably means Lucina for unlockables

Going by this, right now, we can probably be certain these 31 characters are playable:

Mario Luigi Peach Bowser Rosalina Yoshi Donkey Kong Diddy Kong Samus ZSS Villager Link Zelda Sheik Toon Link Pit Palutena Marth Robin Pikachu Charizard Lucario Greninja Kirby King Dedede Meta Knight Fox Olimar Little Mac Wii Fit Trainer Shulk

Wario could very well be 32. 33 would be ?

the 20 unlockables would be Brawler, Swordsman, Gunner, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, /Metroid character/, /Zelda character/, Ness, Captain Falcon, Ike, Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B..

This makes me think the 33rd starter is Mega Man or Miis, and one of the "M"s is actually Mewtwo. but if it were referring to Mewtwo and not Miis as unlockables, that takes two away from the 20 unlockables.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Ok here is my translated version of this that makes it line up with all information we have so far with a few little tidbits:

53C: Same as the original leak 53 characters
33S: Thirty Three Starters this has the potential of being changed
20U: Twently unlockable characters which are in the leak could be,
L: Lucina or Luigi
The others are probably like the ones in the photo but can't be certain

5N: 5 Newcomers
M: Mario Representative (Bowser Jr.)
D: Duck Hunt Representative (Duck Hunt Dog)
M: This one is unknown possibilities include Metroid, another Mario, Doubt Mother
Z: Zelda representative or maybe F-Zero Representative with the latter being incredibly unlikely possibilities one possibility from each would be Impa or if it is F-Zero Black Shadow
X: Xenoblade (Shulk)

3Vtbr: 3 Veterans To Be Removed which would be Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas
I thought the same about this:

M: Mario= Bowser Jr
D: Duck Hunt= Duck Hunt God
M: Metroid= Ridley (The trophy theory)
Z: Zelda= Impa (The trophy theory)
X: Xenoblade= Shulk (already confirmed)

3V Tbr: To be removed (wolf, lucas, Ice climbers), so snake can be back after all.
And for the 3 left, Wolf= Snake, Lucas= Dark pit, Ice Climbers= Dr mario.

It could be real.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I thought the same about this:

M: Mario= Bowser Jr
D: Duck Hunt= Duck Hunt God
M: Metroid= Ridley (The trophy theory)
Z: Zelda= Impa (The trophy theory)
X: Xenoblade= Shulk (already confirmed)

3V Tbr: To be removed (wolf, lucas, Ice climbers), so snake can be back after all.
And for the 3 left, Wolf= Snake, Lucas= Dark pit, Ice Climbers= Dr mario.

It could be real.
or Wolf = Mewtwo. Either way works.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Fun fact: 33 is the count of characters on the eshop roster without the 3rd party characters. Just mentioning.

I've been trying to recreate a 53 roster and make the collection of characters make sense, I've only got a Z newcomer left to explain, if we can't access Zelda newcomers due to roster positions. Here's what I have:

Rows 1-3: As they are.
Row 4: Add Mewtwo.
Row 5: ROB slides down due to Mewtwo pushing him off Row four.
Row 6: Mii Fighter, Mach Rider, and Snake added.

What this does is row 5 starts with three vet characters (ROB, Ness, Falcon), and ends in 3 clone characters (Doc, Pittoo, and Lucina).

I initially wanted to put another clone on Row 6 (and push the clones there so it was Clones - Shulk - Third Parties) but if Snake is returning that doesn't work. But if that's the case then we could have a Toon Zelda/Impa clone with our clone set and still start every row with a veteran character.

The Newcomer letters would be Mario (Bowser Jr), Duck Hunt (Dog), Mach Rider, Z is unknown, and Xenoblade (Shulk).

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
?? Wha? That doesn't make any sense. Characters unlock not requiring online
has nothing to do with Brawl's online being a failure.
Sorry, I didn't read what you were replying too, I was just saying Smash isn't online-centric because the game hasn't presented a viable online mode yet. This time, it looks promising though.

Rakath

Smash Ace
...I just realized that if the Zelda character is Lana or Cia they would be listed alongside Shulk in the dubious party section.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Fun fact: 33 is the count of characters on the eshop roster without the 3rd party characters. Just mentioning.

I've been trying to recreate a 53 roster and make the collection of characters make sense, I've only got a Z newcomer left to explain, if we can't access Zelda newcomers due to roster positions. Here's what I have:

Rows 1-3: As they are.
Row 4: Add Mewtwo.
Row 5: ROB slides down due to Mewtwo pushing him off Row four.
Row 6: Mii Fighter, Mach Rider, and Snake added.

What this does is row 5 starts with three vet characters (ROB, Ness, Falcon), and ends in 3 clone characters (Doc, Pittoo, and Lucina).

I initially wanted to put another clone on Row 6 (and push the clones there so it was Clones - Shulk - Third Parties) but if Snake is returning that doesn't work. But if that's the case then we could have a Toon Zelda/Impa clone with our clone set and still start every row with a veteran character.

The Newcomer letters would be Mario (Bowser Jr), Duck Hunt (Dog), Mach Rider, Z is unknown, and Xenoblade (Shulk).
Z would be the zelda newcomer, I'm betting it could be tingle because of today's POTD

EDIT: Nvm I forgot to read top portion

Last edited:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Z would be the zelda newcomer, I'm betting it could be tingle because of today's POTD

EDIT: Nvm I forgot to read top portion
If Tingle's playable you should buy all the lottery tickets and jump off of a building and live because that would mean anything's possible.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm starting to really doubt we'll be getting any more characters. The fact that the demo and Japanese eShop characters are all in the same order as the leaked CSS strongly indicates that the sliding unlock mechanic from Brawl where characters shift to the right and down to accomodate new unlocks is returning. If that is the case, adding just about any unique character anywhere in the leaked roster just screws the whole thing up.

First off, any number of additions anywhere before Fox completely destroys all CSS order, which means no Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, or Kirby character(s) can be added, other than clones. There could be a Star Fox or Pokemon rep added without completely demolishing the CSS organization, but that would separate Duck Hunt and R.O.B. by bumping R.O.B. down a row, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that they're both retro NES characters. That begs the question why not a second addition to Star Fox/Pokemon to bump both down? Because if more than one character is added to the 3rd and 4th row then all three clones would need to drop down a row (since the clones will almost definitely stay together) and this would leave the bottom row with more characters than the row above it. It would take 4 added characters to get the second-to-last row to then equal the bottom row in size. And since row 4 would get filled completely by the two Star Fox/Pokemon additions necessary to kick DHD and ROB down, the next two would have to be from separate single-character series.

In summation, assuming we're using Brawl's sliding mechanic, which all evidence points to, we are left with six possible options for extra characters:
1.) one more character from a so-far unrepresented series
2.) one clone from any series
3.) 4-5 characters from different unrepresented series
4.) one clone from any series and four characters from different unrepresented series to sit by Shulk (very unlikely)
5.) two characters from Star Fox/Pokemon and 2-3 characters from different unrepresented series.
6.) two characters from Star Fox/Pokemon, two characters from different unrepresented series, and one clone form any sereies

None of these scenarios seems particularly likely to me, so I remain skeptical that there are any characters that were not shown to ESRB.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
TheStar Fox/Pokemon reps don't even have to be newcomers, either. They could just bring back Mewtwo and Wolf and it'll solve the same problem

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
I'm starting to really doubt we'll be getting any more characters. The fact that the demo and Japanese eShop characters are all in the same order as the leaked CSS strongly indicates that the sliding unlock mechanic from Brawl where characters shift to the right and down to accomodate new unlocks is returning. If that is the case, adding just about any unique character anywhere in the leaked roster just screws the whole thing up.

First off, any number of additions anywhere before Fox completely destroys all CSS order, which means no Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, or Kirby character(s) can be added, other than clones. There could be a Star Fox or Pokemon rep added without completely demolishing the CSS organization, but that would separate Duck Hunt and R.O.B. by bumping R.O.B. down a row, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that they're both retro NES characters. That begs the question why not a second addition to Star Fox/Pokemon to bump both down? Because if more than one character is added to the 3rd and 4th row then all three clones would need to drop down a row (since the clones will almost definitely stay together) and this would leave the bottom row with more characters than the row above it. It would take 4 added characters to get the second-to-last row to then equal the bottom row in size. And since row 4 would get filled completely by the two Star Fox/Pokemon additions necessary to kick DHD and ROB down, the next two would have to be from separate single-character series.

In summation, assuming we're using Brawl's sliding mechanic, which all evidence points to, we are left with six possible options for extra characters:
4.) one clone from any series and four characters from different unrepresented series to sit by Shulk (very unlikely)
5.) two characters from Star Fox/Pokemon and 2-3 characters from different unrepresented series.
6.) two characters from Star Fox/Pokemon, two characters from different unrepresented series, and one clone form any sereies

None of these scenarios seems particularly likely to me, so I remain skeptical that there are any characters that were not shown to ESRB.
You omit the one I already entertained.
7.) one more character from Star Fox/Pokemon, and then 2 or 4 more characters from unrepresented series that go after the clones.

Also ROB being listed with the other returning classic vets isn't a problem leaving Dog as a spaceholder like Little Mac and G&W.

Wizdeck

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I just created my account in Smashboards.
I love how you guys spend hours here analyzing and speculating about the starter/final character roster.

Well, let's see what happens next week!

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Here's my rendition of the 53 character roster:

Explanations:

1. Moving any of the clones really messed up the line-up, and it honestly made more since for them to be pushed down to the sixth row.
2. Being as Wolf and Mewtwo were the last characters of their respective games to be unlocked, why change that? They're placement doesn't affect the roster, and actually works in pushing the clones/miis down to the bottom row perfectly.
3. A lot of confusion about why the Mii's don't show up on the CSS is simply answered; Customization is turned off and or a Custom Mii hasn't been created yet.
4. Ice Climbers make sense, and I honestly feel like although them being cut was discussed by Sakurai, it could be a surprise they made it, and then unlockable.

Things that bug me:

1. Shulk's placement.
2. Mr. Game and Watch and Little Mac's placement (this is like that either way.)
3. No Ridley :(

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Ok here is my translated version of this that makes it line up with all information we have so far with a few little tidbits:

53C: Same as the original leak 53 characters
33S: Thirty Three Starters this has the potential of being changed
20U: Twently unlockable characters which are in the leak could be,
L: Lucina or Luigi
The others are probably like the ones in the photo but can't be certain

5N: 5 Newcomers
M: Mario Representative (Bowser Jr.)
D: Duck Hunt Representative (Duck Hunt Dog)
M: This one is unknown possibilities include Metroid, another Mario, Doubt Mother
Z: Zelda representative or maybe F-Zero Representative with the latter being incredibly unlikely possibilities one possibility from each would be Impa or if it is F-Zero Black Shadow
X: Xenoblade (Shulk)

3Vtbr: 3 Veterans To Be Removed which would be Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas
This seems fairly accurate. I'm pretty sure Z is Zelda, and the character would Most likely be Impa.
M is either referring to another mario(although that would make....the 7th mario newcomer?
Also if Mother loses a character by lucas, I'm pretty sure they wont be getting a replacement.
Not to sound bias here....But It's most likely a metroid character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think the M would refer to Mewtwo, as the other letters refer to a franchise. It's still possible, but it makes more sense referring to a franchise.

SCF

Smash Rookie
The funny thing is that Tingle was never confirmed by Nintendo to come back as an assist trophy. He was only in the E3 build.

Flubber

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. Been lurking around in these threads for a while having a great time reading all the speculations and discussions about leaks. Thanks for a great time! :)
I finally decided to make an account because until a couple of minutes ago, nobody pointed out, what Evello and JLU51306 figured out.

Masterfully deduced, fine Sir. I applaud you. As much as it hurts me to realize Ridley and K. Rool can't make it in (my top 1 and 2 pick for newcomers), I'm relieved to finally being rather sure of what the final roster and CSS will be.
There's only one thing you haven't considered yet: What if some character moves around the roster like Pikachu did after Pichu was unlocked in Melee? I know this is rather unlikely as the pattern for Brawl and Smash4 seems to be very strict but we can't rule this possibility out yet as of now.

That being said, I really like JLU51306's roster idea. Seems to be one of the most reasonable with all the information we have as of now. Even though I doubt Mii Fighters will appear in the CSS.

Nataniel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jediluigi1
3DS FC
3007-9221-6197
I just can't wait for all this madness to end. To think how many people have lost their minds over this.
If it's anything related to Smash Bros, people are still going to lose their minds over it :p

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I kind of doubt more characters will be in too just because the last two Smash games had the last unlockable be a WTF character (Mr. Game and Watch in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl) and Duck Hunt Dog seems to fit that bill to me (kind of a dumb reason for believing this I know.)

On the other hand, the only reason I can think of including clones like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario would be to help fill the selection screen fully (and the screen clearly is set up for 54 slots with one going to Random.) So I guess for me it depends on which of my wild speculations I believe more on a day to day basis haha.

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
I think its looking like Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider, Impa, and ? will be the last 5 new comers.

No clue who else from Xenoblade could get introduced. Or if the X stands for unknown.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I think its looking like Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider, Impa, and ? will be the last 5 new comers.

No clue who else from Xenoblade could get introduced. Or if the X stands for unknown.
You referring to this image?

This was on July 27th, before shulk was unveiled. We wont get another Xenoblade Character,I'm pretty sure.
Also pretty sure one "M" is mario and the "D" is Duck hunt.

Flubber

Smash Rookie
You referring to this image?

This was on July 27th, before shulk was unveiled. We wont get another Xenoblade Character,I'm pretty sure.
Also pretty sure one "M" is mario and the "D" is Duck hunt.
I'm still not buying it...
What about Dark Pit? He is a Newcomer (albeit a clone), yet there is no 'K' for 'Kid Icarus' under the newcomer section.

Nataniel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jediluigi1
3DS FC
3007-9221-6197
To be honest, this generation of Smash Bros. has the best roster yet. The only thing that could make it perfect would be Ice Climbers returning, which could still be possible.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that's fake now.
No Fire Emblem newcomers are listed.

EDIT: I derped. Nevermind this, that's after they were revealed, forgot the date....

Anyways, Flubber still makes a good point about Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
I kind of doubt more characters will be in too just because the last two Smash games had the last unlockable be a WTF character (Mr. Game and Watch in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl) and Duck Hunt Dog seems to fit that bill to me (kind of a dumb reason for believing this I know.)

On the other hand, the only reason I can think of including clones like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario would be to help fill the selection screen fully (and the screen clearly is set up for 54 slots with one going to Random.) So I guess for me it depends on which of my wild speculations I believe more on a day to day basis haha.
Wolf was definitely a wtf character

dont remember if he was the last unlockable character in brawl or not, I think he was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom