• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I have a feeling that we're gonna get a major character reveal soon that reveals the rest of them besides secret characters. I hope it happens tomorrow or at PAX but my gut tells me there will be a special Smash direct about 2 or 3 days before the game releases in Japan.
Hyrule Warriors had its own Direct a week before, so we could probably expect the same for Smash 3DS.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
But we know pretty much everything about the game... what would the direct be?..

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
idk... i feel like they would have that after the 3ds version comes out towards the wii u release

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
But we know pretty much everything about the game... what would the direct be?..
There's still a lot of stuff we don't know about. For instance, they showed a few game modes on the Smash Direct that haven't been explained yet, like that sort of bottlecap fight thingy or what looks like a team-based elimination mode.

Is it just a Smash 3ds direct or a 3ds direct in general? also I think a confirmation trailer for Shulkor Bowser Jr will be shown
It's a 3DS Direct.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I came back to see if the roster was less toilet, hoping for another leak. Nope. Still toilet.

Btw: thank you so much Sakurai for liscensing Rayman, but only making him a trophy. Way to go!

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I came back to see if the roster was less toilet, hoping for another leak. Nope. Still toilet.

Btw: thank you so much Sakurai for liscensing Rayman, but only making him a trophy. Way to go!
Actually, Sakurai just deconfirmed Pikachu, Mario, and Sonic in the last 5 minutes. Crazy that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm more surprised Rayman got anything at all. He was never likely to begin with.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai isn't behind every decision that goes into Smash bros.
Yeah. A lot of decisions on games are also made by the higher ups in marketing and the President in major gaming companies. They mostly give free reign to creative heads in most studios, but there's the occasional, "Hey we brokered a deal with X. Could you put Y in the game?"

That said, I'm shocked Rayman's in the game simply because Ubisoft and Nintendo have been on bad terms, and Ubisoft has been stalking Nintendo and calling them names like a jilted ex-lover. Seems awfully charitable that they'd reference that console exclusive that Ubisoft made that wasn't a console exclusive.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yeah. A lot of decisions on games are also made by the higher ups in marketing and the President in major gaming companies. They mostly give free reign to creative heads in most studios, but there's the occasional, "Hey we brokered a deal with X. Could you put Y in the game?"

That said, I'm shocked Rayman's in the game simply because Ubisoft and Nintendo have been on bad terms, and Ubisoft has been stalking Nintendo and calling them names like a jilted ex-lover. Seems awfully charitable that they'd reference that console exclusive that Ubisoft made that wasn't a console exclusive.
I've honestly haven't seen Ubisoft insult Nintendo. Hell, I've read an article the other day of one of higher ups at Ubisoft complimenting the Wii U.
Edit: Now I see what you mean, I've just searched it up. Now I'm shocked Rayman is in the game.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Dude, chill out. There's a difference between an opinion and just being ungrateful.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I've honestly haven't seen Ubisoft insult Nintendo. Hell, I've read an article the other day of one of higher ups at Ubisoft complimenting the Wii U.
I haven't seen a whole lot of compliments, but I've seen a lot of random bits where Ubisoft has made public comments on just about every business decision Nintendo has made. It went from, "the company is clearly interested in how this develops" to "creepy and stalkerish" about the 5th time it happened in a week. They've also just been doing this weird thing where they constantly try to do these weird public bargains like "Sell more consoles and THEN we'll think about releasing games". My favorite is the one where Ubisoft apparently has a bunch of games to release but is refusing to sell them. They've mostly been having lukewarm success on the Wii U because they've just been releasing somewhat shoddy ports months after the other consoles and then complain about the lowered sales. It's really weird. Then again, their marketing department has been REALLY bizarre recently in general.

After all, does anyone remember "It's too hard to make female models" fiasco?

Oh wait. Is that why people were so annoyed with Lucina at first?

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
The trailer will look good, but more than likely, it's already one of the characters leaked unless it's on of the hidden 5.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So have we got any new information on the Ghetsis leak from yesterday?
The Ghetsis leak was a lie, lol.

I haven't seen a whole lot of compliments, but I've seen a lot of random bits where Ubisoft has made public comments on just about every business decision Nintendo has made. It went from, "the company is clearly interested in how this develops" to "creepy and stalkerish" about the 5th time it happened in a week. They've also just been doing this weird thing where they constantly try to do these weird public bargains like "Sell more consoles and THEN we'll think about releasing games". My favorite is the one where Ubisoft apparently has a bunch of games to release but is refusing to sell them. They've mostly been having lukewarm success on the Wii U because they've just been releasing somewhat shoddy ports months after the other consoles and then complain about the lowered sales. It's really weird. Then again, their marketing department has been REALLY bizarre recently in general.

After all, does anyone remember "It's too hard to make female models" fiasco?

Oh wait. Is that why people were so annoyed with Lucina at first?
Yeah, I seen what you mean now. I barely search things up like this but I did a few minutes ago. I've seen articles about Ubisoft saying that Watch Dogs will be the last mature game they release on the Wii U and wow, my stomach turned. From seeing how they would always support the Wii U when it was first released and now seeing this is saddening.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So there is this image floating around the 4chans:

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if thats how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, at this point, I dont know what or who to believe. But if thats how the final roster is going to look like then I'l be more than ok with it.
The Dr. Mario and Jigglypuff portraits doesn't match the ones from the original leak.

In fact, they look exactly like the recreation ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVf-r2gZlDk

Last edited:

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet

Mr. G&W still in wrong place, but oh God this is beautiful.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

Can you post the link to the thread?

I certainly hope this is what it looks like. At least, nothing at face value immediately disqualifies it.

Then again, it's expected that we're gonna get a whole lot of fake leaks following the recent events.

EDIT: Just say the Dr. Mario portrait. Silly me :p

Man I just want this to come out now so all of these leaks can be laid to rest.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Gosh, that thing looks blurry. :laugh:
But seriously though, may be real...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Needs the dee and krystal, but if wolf is back i'm okay with it.

The thing that really bugs me is still no IC's ;_;

but yeah 2 of the NA hype 3, dixie. wolf returning, and punching bag.

okay roster doe.

Edit: could be fake.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Its fake guys, it is from the recreation video. It is fake.
What recreation video? Not the one just linked, unless I missed it after watching the whole thing.

It DOES look real enough to me, though what strikes me as the oddest is actually the Chorus Kids. I feel like they'd look different in the game than the way everyone portrays them, but that's only speculation.

Not saying I immediately believe it, of course. Too many fakes, too easy to fake to just take anything at face value.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
And this recreation is why the leak could be fake. XD Anyone can make anything in Photoshop, its a fact.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Could someone post a url of that image? I need something I'd love to be in my sig.

EDIT: nevermind, found one.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

I'm actually glad he's not in.

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog

I'm guessing this is fake, but man, I want it to be real so badly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom