• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Yeah, it definitely looks fake from all the reasons people pointed out. I wish it could be real though. That roster is perfect! I probably would never need to buy a new Smash Bros. game if we got a roster like this (it's still possible we could get one like this, or very close).

In addition to everyone else's reasons as to why this perfect roster is likely fake, I have one more. It might make sense for Ganondorf to be hard t see in the original leak because of possibly the way the camera shot was taken, but why would he look exactly that way here? Definitely seems fake unfortunately.

darkfire2431

Smash Rookie
I saw that, but nothing immediately stood out to me as being different. I see the difference in at least Jigglypuff now, though.

And what you quoted happened because someone pointed out that Ridley was indeed slightly different and the response amounted to, "No u."
Yeah Ridley is slighty different, but that can be shopped.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Why are we still discussing this "leak" it is fake.

The one in the center and the one on the right are fakes. While the one on the left is real. They are not the same.

End of Discussion.
Don't be so sure, both the original leak and this one share aspects that the recreation does not, such as the angle of the pink background under Jigglypuffs under side the original leak had quite a steep one which is shared by this new one unlike the recreations which angle was quite shallow in comparison.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
We are in the year 2014 and people still believe pictures taken with a potato?

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but I'm just surious at this point about the renders.
This makes no sense. Why add in extra characters and have to restructure the entire roster when you already have legit renders. That would just be unnecessary extra work.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This New Leak is 100% Without A Doubt Fake:

Most of the Renders come from here. Even though there are multiple inconsistencies. Jigglypuff is the most telling.

1# This one is the real deal, the true leak.

2# This is from the Fake CSS above.

3# This is from the current fake leak.

The clear difference between 1# and 2# is the position of the arm on the left side. In the real leak, it is pointed upwards. In the fake CSS it is pointed downwards.

Also the ear on the right side has different amounts of black. And you can see that 2# and 3# have the same exact amount of black space to pink ear in comparison to 1#.

It is fake guys, can we not talk about it anymore?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
No roster is ever gonna be perfect without banjo and kazooie.

Just sayin'

as for that leaked roster, its good, but not perfect, lets b real now.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
have we seen this yet? i don't think it was in that imgur album. just found it on 4chan
It's interesting how the trophy don't say that Yokoi created Kid Icarus. And that he died misteriously after creating a successful handheld device for Bandai. (Nintendo had fired him after the Virtual Boy fiasco, despite the fact that he also created the Game Boy and Metroid).

supersaiyanmikito

Smash Cadet
I've been looking at this thread and haven't said anything but something has been on my mind about the leak and the "reactions" to it. I feel like everyone has forgotten there are more characters in the game then the leak. I'm not talking about that All-Star thing meaning more characters, although I do think there is at least some characters missing. What I mean is that people have forgotten we've been getting new characters since the game was announced. People look at this leak and suddenly claim that its the worst roster in the series but the fact is that its physically "IMPOSSIBLE". In order to have the worst roster in the series, it would have to be worse then 64 which is pretty much impossible no matter how you look at it. DHD, Shulk, Bowser Jr, Dr Mario and Dark Pit, THESE ARE NOT THE ONLY CHARACTERS IN THE GAME! What happened to the hype for every other character? Megaman, Pacman, Palutena, Little Mac, Robin? Was the hype for all those characters all fake? Does the inclusion of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario "contaminate" the roster and suddenly turn an already amazing roster poison? If this was the case, why is Melee considered the best game when the roster is plagued with pointless clones like Pichu while Brawl; the only game without even 1 actual clone; is considered the worst? And what about Lucina? I didn't see this much hate for Lucina even though it was explicitly stated that Lucina was exactly the same as Marth but with different hitboxes. Is it Fire Emblem bias or are people clinging onto a small hope that Marth was nurfed so that Lucina could take his place as the top-teir swordsman Marth was in the every game.

All I am saying is, don't forget what we already have. Villager, Megaman, Wii-Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Rosalina, Greninja, Mii Fighter, Palutena, Pacman, Robin and Lucina... Just because we get a few new characters, it doesn't mean the other characters never existed... Not to mention the changes made to already existing characters to make them better, Bowser, Pit, Yoshi, Sheik...

I'm not going to repeat myself. He's already been deconfirmed as character and hinted at as a boss, the fact that some of you cling to hope changes nothing.
Ridley is confirmed, he's gonna be a big stage the characters fight on as he flies through the air.

Srsly Ridley isn't in, get over it. Talk about him as a boss in the appropriate thread pls.

Can't wait for a new reveal trailer :D

I was down about the clones but we have so much variety with this roster...a few clones to add some more characters won't ruin it for me.
Droppin' truth bombs over here.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It's interesting how the trophy don't say that Yokoi created Kid Icarus. And that he died misteriously after creating a successful handheld device for Bandai. (Nintendo had fired him after the Virtual Boy fiasco, despite the fact that he also created the Game Boy and Metroid).
He quit on his own accord.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
That one is fake because it doesn't have any of the camera controls text.

It is most likely photoshopped from this very image. Notice the black space in the bottom left.

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Roster without Ridley and Mewtwo: "Crappy." "lack of thought." "Sakurai didn't follow fan requests." "Worst roster in history."
Same roster with Ridley and Mewtwo added: "Amazing!" "Sakurai has done it again!" "This is perfect!"

dat bias is showing guys

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Roster without Ridley and Mewtwo: "Crappy." "lack of thought." "Sakurai didn't follow fan requests." "Worst roster in history."
Same roster with Ridley and Mewtwo added: "Amazing!" "Sakurai has done it again!" "This is perfect!"

dat bias is showing guys
:p It's a simple two additions. If Sakurai really wanted his fans to be happy, he would put aside the time to add them.
If not, it's obvious he just like to troll and disappoint his fans. Especially since he's willing to add Duck Hunt and Doctor Mario instead of them.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Sorry to see you're still in denial.

I really don't get it, I wouldn't be mad if he got in, it's just frustating to see so many people living in this fantasy world in which Ridley's been pretty much confirmed for everyone except for the ones that actually catched the fact that he is a boss character in the game, I mean, just ****ing wake up, he won't be playable in Smash 4, maybe in the next ones, but for this one in particular he is just not playable, geez...

See you in the P:M Clone Engine Character thread in 2 weeks.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

dat bias is showing guys
How I see all of the rosters past 64.

Melee: 8/10, added highly requested characters like Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, and Zelda. Also added neat quirky characters like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch. It also SAVED Fire Emblem.

Brawl: 10/10 added Wario, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, Sonic, Snake, and R.O.B. + Even More.

SSB4: 9/10 added Rosalina, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Robin, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Greninja. + Shulk, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr.

However SSB4 will turn into 10/10 if they add Bandana Dee for me.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I really don't get it, I wouldn't be mad if he got in, it's just frustating to see so many people living in this fantasy world in which Ridley's been pretty much confirmed for everyone except for the ones that actually catched the fact that he is a boss character in the game, I mean, just ****ing wake up, he won't be playable in Smash 4, maybe in the next ones, but for this one in particular he is just not playable, geez...

Shshsh. Dont draw people to dat thread. :smirk:

I wants mah lyn. :p

Last edited:

dat bias is showing guys
Sorry we want to see some of our favourite characters as playable...

If I don't get Ridley or Mewtwo or K.Rool I'll be sad, but I already think with the current roster revealed that Sakurai has done a fantastic job with the roster and I adore the creativity that he's put into the newcomers. Please do not paint us all the same colour, I'll love the game even if my most wanted newcomers and veterans don't make it.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
It was confirmed Masterlinkxx shopped up the images to make them seem less suspicious (he was trying to save his own and potentially other people's *****). At first some people (me included) thought he was making up crap to make the leak seem less fake, but evidently it was true. So there being an arrow over Ganondorf's face just makes it seem less legit.
I'm pretty sure the only think MasterLinkX claimed to have edited was the Shulk image. He said the leaks were posted before he was able to finish the other character portraits and even says he did not edit the "Disablad" image. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Um, no. He wasn't confirmed as one. There are like 5 Ridleys, it could be one of their shadows. Plus, they could still pull an Alfonzo.
the good roster is fake, because we need to have an *** roster always for smash 4.
Again, this is not the final roster in this leak.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

dat bias is showing guys
Seriously. These reactions made this day of leak following a sad one.

That's nice to read. I thought people had forgotten about her after Lucina and Robin.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012

Like the PMDT would ever consider Ridley for P:M, "Yes, let's have playable Ridley fight boss Ridley, and of course, Meta Ridley, anything goes, huehuehue"...

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
the good roster is fake, because we need to have an *** roster always for smash 4.
We get it, you don't like the roster. Now would you like to shut up and stop whining?

But yeah, I'm not buying into the new "leak". The renders look horrendous and blatantly shopped (the "new" ones, I mean, especially Dixie)

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Um, no. He wasn't confirmed as one. There are like 5 Ridleys, it could be one of their shadows. Plus, they could still pull an Alfonzo.

Again, this is not the final roster in this leak.
Can't work as an Alfonzo thing, Ridley is a boss stage hazard and nothing more.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Seriously. These reactions made this day of leak following a sad one.

That's nice to read. I thought people had forgotten about her after Lucina and Robin.
She's actually 2nd after isaac and is M2k approved. but um OT.

Like the PMDT would ever consider Ridley for P:M, "Yes, let's have playable Ridley fight boss Ridley, and of course, Meta Ridley, anything goes, huehuehue"...
They'll always be the PMBR to me :'D

Last edited:

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the only think MasterLinkX claimed to have edited was the Shulk image. He said the leaks were posted before he was able to finish the other character portraits and even says he did not edit the "Disablad" image. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
You're correct. He admitted to lying abut changing "disabled" to "disablad", when in fact after everyone wouldn't shut up about the apparent "typo" he edited it to look more like "disabled", so that people would move on. But the truth is that it already said "disabled" and only looked like "disablad" due to a blurry image.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do feel that the Super Smash Bros. fanbase is comprised of rich spoiled kids. It seems like nobody can appreciate what they get, instead they simply beg and beg till the cows come home and throw a temper tantrum when they don't get their way.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Gonna talk about Dark Pit for a bit, since quite a few people seem riled up about him.

This is the leaked image of him: http://i.imgur.com/uK8qQX4.jpg

Take a close look at that image. Do you see the yellow, boomerang-like object on his image? It is under his right ear, and above the "DA" of his name. Additionally, take note of the purple coloration below the yellow boomerang-like object. Where am I going with this, you might ask? Well, the object appears to be in 3D, but it is not a part of the character's outfit.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120508012547/kidicarus/images/f/fb/Darkpit_artnew.png

So if it is not a part of his outfit, it could be his weapon right? For those of you who have played KI:U, you might be aware of the main weapons that Dark Pit uses. The most commonly associated weapons with Dark Pit are the Silver Bow, the Dark Pit Staff, and the Ogre Club. Let's take a look at each of them, shall we?

Silver Bow
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120119205845/kidicarus/images/2/29/Nicw.PNG
http://media.archonia.com/images/samples/72/64/147264_s2.jpg
http://nendoroider.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Figma-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Black-Pit.jpg

The Silver Bow is Dark Pit's version of Pit's Palutena Bow. This is his most used weapon in KI:U, and the reason why most people speculate the reason for his status of being a clone to Pit. However, there are two problems with this. One, the Silver Bow does not have any yellow coloring in the design. And two, the shape of the weapon does not match the boomerang-like object in the leaked picture. So then, the likelyhood of the object in the leaked picture being the Silver Bow is very unlikely. So if it's not the Silver Bow, then what about the next weapon most associated with him? Heck, it even has his name on it.

Dark Pit Staff
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/123/4/9/dark_pit_staff_by_isaac77598-d4yghdn.jpg
http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/124//FIG-IPN-5604_02.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/5a2fa58c918c0a3378e7517dbab9aac2/tumblr_inline_mzxpfmbt0U1s9zi46.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2829/12562965194_9dd15d421e_z.jpg

Oddly enough, Dark Pit only used this weapon a single time in KI:U (in chapter 6), in comparison to the multiple times that he has used the Silver Bow. Regardless, this is one of the only two weapons in the game that directly mentions Dark Pit himself (the other being the Ogre Club). Furthermore, you might notice two things right off the bat. One, the yellow coloring of the wings and "head" of the weapon. And two, the purple coloring of the rest of the weapon. Not to mention, the shape on the wings sort of have a boomerang-like appearance to them. Meaning that the weapon that Dark Pit is holding in the leaked picture is, most likely, the Dark Pit Staff.

Ogre Club
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120528154435/kidicarus/images/2/23/Ogre_Club.jpg
http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/images/f/f8/Ogre_Club.png

As cool as it looks, nothing about the leaked image looks like it would point towards this weapon. Plus, there aren't really any images online showing Dark Pit with the weapon. So, we'll skip this one. But the images are there for those who are curious.

Anyways, what does this mean in regards to Dark Pit being next to the other "clones" on the CSS? Is he still a clone? How much of he would be cloned from Pit himself, if his weapon isn't similar to the Palutena Bow? Why yes, there are elements in which he could still be a "clone", as I shall go over right now.

1) Walking/Running Speed
2) Weight
3) Amount of jumps/jump height
4) Similar attacks/specials/throws

Number 4 on the list is probably what quite a few people believe, and why they might have problems with Dark Pit. Under the premise of Dark Pit having the Silver Bow, many people would be lead to believe that his entire moveset would be cloned from Pit. However, I do not believe that this is the case. Why? In the leaked image, Dark Pit is not holding the Silver Bow, but rather the Dark Pit Staff. Sure, he could very well still have the Silver Bow, but consider this: All characters who have a main weapon (usually sword) are usually holding that weapon in their picture. DeDeDe with his hammer, Link with his Master Sword and Hylian Shield, Robin with his/her Tomes and Levin Sword, and Pit with his Palutena Bow. So, wouldn't it also make sense that the weapon that Dark Pit is holding, The Dark Pit Staff, is his main weapon? Sure, he might have a few moves here and there that might be similar to Pit's (such as his specials), but otherwise I believe that his attacks are completely different in comparison to Pit's. So he would be more akin to Wolf in regards to his attacks. Special moves could still be almost identical to Pit's, though I really doubt his regular attacks would be the same with a completely different weapon.

In other words, he is not a clone of Pit in regards to (most) of his attacks. But rather, he is a clone of Pit due to having similar weight, running speed, and jumping ability in comparison to Pit (And maybe specials as well). At least, that is what I believe, anyways. Having almost the same model also counts too. And that actually matters quite a lot. Why? Because Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina are probably the ONLY characters on the roster that were originally intended to be alternate costumes, hence their placement on the roster. And not DIRECTLY because they are "clones".

One last thing I would like to mention is that while Staffs are slower than Bows in KI:U, I don't think it might be the case here...probably. My reasoning behind this is Ike. Ike is very fast in Radiant Dawn, though he is slow in Brawl (and most likely Smash 4). So, Dark Pit could be slower than Pit, though they could also share the same speed as well. Who knows.
Anyways, I hope my post cleared some things up. Hope you enjoyed.:4pit:

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that new roster is cool looking but likely fake. Well, it did something for sure, got everybody arguing and insulting each other over Ridley again. But then again, that's not very hard to do like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom