• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
The "hype 3?" Ridley, a poor man's Bowser who Nintendo hasn't acknowledged in seven years, and a character who was already playable (and terrible) get described as hype?

(I mean Ridley's okay I guess.)
I really hate this. Just because a character's moveset was bad in one game doesn't mean we shouldn't want said character back. That's literally like saying we shouldn't get Ganon back, simply because he was terrible in Brawl. In case it wasn't obvious, characters can get buffed. And besides, it's not like we really want Mewtwo back because of his moveset. We want him because not only did he have an original moveset, he's a legendary, and he's a huge fan favorite, he was practically the first Lucario. (In more ways than one...)/endrant

Last edited:

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/04/18/560-nana-gives-it-her-all/

I freaking choked on my drink, we have Mega Man to blame for Ice Climbers being cut! :O

Seriously, I'm 99% sure Triforcebun has inside knowledge (After this, predicting Roy Koopa, and guessing Mega Man, Palutena, and Little Mac prior to E3 2013.), I guess this means Adeleine is one of the remaining newcomers....

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/04/18/560-nana-gives-it-her-all/

I freaking choked on my drink, we have Mega Man to blame for Ice Climbers being cut! :O

Seriously, I'm 99% sure Triforcebun has inside knowledge (After this, predicting Roy Koopa, and guessing Mega Man, Palutena, and Little Mac prior to E3 2013.), I guess this means Adeleine is one of the remaining newcomers....
I assume this is mostly a joke, but Mega Man was the most requested 3rd part, and Palutena and Little Mac were parts of the Gematsu leak back when people were mostly talking about that. That's why the Palutena one jokes about Mario "fixing a little leak".

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
I assume this is mostly a joke, but Mega Man was the most requested 3rd part, and Palutena and Little Mac were parts of the Gematsu leak back when people were mostly talking about that. That's why the Palutena one jokes about Mario "fixing a little leak".
I was mostly a joke, but seriously, that Nana comic is incredibly ironic and hurts Ice Climber supporters right now. (Like me)

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
I really hate this. Just because a character's moveset was bad in one game doesn't mean we shouldn't want said character back. That's literally like saying we shouldn't get Ganon back, simply because he was terrible in Brawl. In case it wasn't obvious, characters can get buffed. And besides, it's not like we really want Mewtwo back because of his moveset. We want him because not only did he have an original moveset, he's a legendary, and he's a huge fan favorite, he was practically the first Lucario. (In more ways than one...)/endrant
I'm just saying that a returning character who wasn't fun to begin with is the opposite of hype. Even if they buff him he'll still be boring.

Also I'm more interested in how characters play than how cool and popular they were when I was 9, but that's just me.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
ok i just got home and
why the hell are we all automatically assuming this is the final roster all of a sudden? i really dont think this is it. i'm 99% sure this isn't the final roster.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Hmm...I've been forgetting Mii Fighters in my analysis of the CSS. Do we know for sure how many slots they'll take?

Possibilities:
1) MII FIGHTER IS SET UP BEFOREHAND SOMEHOW AND IS NOT ON THE CSS AT ALL
a-Roster is final anyways and that's that.
b-Roster still has five more spaces to fill, with ICs, Lucas, Wolf, and either a Pokemon or Star Fox rep evening things out nicely. One more newcomer fills the screen.

2) MII FIGHTER TAKES A SINGLE SPOT
a-Regardless of whether they're next to Shulk or they fill out the second to last row, the CSS is still evened out and that's the final roster.
b-See 1b, only Mii Fighter is the final space.

3) MII FIGHTER TAKES UP 3 SLOTS WHEN ENABLED, 1 FOR EACH CLASS
a- They'd only fit together on the bottom row, which would still leave the roster even in shape and that could be all there is.
b- If there's more characters, there's only room for two more. Unless I've made a mistake (I'm in a rush now, so I probably have) Lucas would the only supposed cut character that could slot in nicely along with another newcomer, or there could simply be 2 newcomers without Lucas.

I'm sure there's other possibilities and I might have made a mistake somewhere, but looking at these options I'm obviously hoping for '1b', though '2b' is more likely. It's a bummer that the screen evens out no matter how Mii Fighters are implemented, so all of the 'a' options are more than possible.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
ok i just got home and
why the hell are we all automatically assuming this is the final roster all of a sudden? i really dont think this is it. i'm 99% sure this isn't the final roster.
I'm not. A lot of people think this isn't the final roster. The leaker himself stated this isn't the final roster.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A Mewtwo reveal in the Direct or PAX would be so boring. I mean, I kind of want to see it back mostly because I know people who would be happy with Mewtwo in Smash again, but... Give me an official announcement of Shulk, Bowser Jr or heck, give me Ridley instead and leave Mewtwo as a secret or something.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Sorry if this was discussed before but...doesn't N's Castle stage look like a re-skinned Spear Pillar? That would be incredibly lame.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm just saying that a returning character who wasn't fun to begin with is the opposite of hype. Even if they buff him he'll still be boring.
That is entirely opinionated. I enjoy playing as Mewtwo.
Also I'm more interested in how characters play than how cool and popular they were when I was 9, but that's just me.
Fair enough.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well if this is true then I'm happy cuz I have to get ready for school too
I think the only ones that have been at the end were Palutena's trailer back at E3, and Greninja's at the end of the Smash Direct. The rest of them have been the first thing on every Direct.

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
So guys. If there is a character reveal in this direct, who do you think it will be? I personally am hoping for the DHD (because I really wanna know how he plays)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I think the only ones that have been at the end were Palutena's trailer back at E3, and Greninja's at the end of the Smash Direct. The rest of them have been the first thing on every Direct.
Rosalina's was at (besides being followed by her gameplay in mk8)the end, as was Villagers/Megaman's. Not sure about luigi/sonic, but they were announced later in the directs as well.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Rosalina's was at (besides being followed by her gameplay in mk8)the end, as was Villagers/Megaman's. Not sure about luigi/sonic, but they were announced later in the directs as well.
Oh well, then my memory isn't as good as it used to be >_<

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
So guys. If there is a character reveal in this direct, who do you think it will be? I personally am hoping for the DHD (because I really wanna know how he plays)
I think DHD is, unless there's something even weirder that wasn't leaked, our big secret character for the game. So, I personally doubt he's getting a trailer. I think the trailer for Shulk might be a possibility though, since the last time Sakurai announced a trailer, the Xenoblade team tweeted. If they weren't in on the joke, that might mean there was some vocal recording for a trailer that pre-existed, and they just assumed they might be next since there were so few left.

That said though, I think any and all trailers we're getting from now on (if this isn't the last one), will probably reveal more than one character. So, there'll probably be a vet or two confirmed. I'm trying to think who would go along with Shulk though. Possibly something like Ganondorf, maybe?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm never thought I would end up bummed if BOWSER JUNIOR was not a playable character.
Sakurai, you really do give the people what they never knew they wanted.

Or in this case, if the leak is not true, LEAKER, you did it.
Clown car, you have become my favorite newcomer.

At least until it is revealed DHD wears pants and that the Duck hides in a backpack.

...am I the only one who will be quite forlorn if Bowser Jr does not have Koopaling Alts?

watzup7856

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anyone said anything about it yet, but I'm pretty sure that pink stage is Magicant from Earthbound. Zoomed up it looks like there's a snowman which are found there.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Ya know, I just realized that Duck Hunt is, in a way, a playable Nintendog.
As long as his final smash isn't him becoming Gigantic and Laughing at players and no one can see anything (like the Nintendogs Assist Trophy) I'm cool with that.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
If they're going to show a Character reveal I think they might actually show a character that we haven't seen yet that wasn't on the leak, but i'm pretty sure there wont be a reveal. Still going to wake up at 7AM in the morning to watch it though ;_;

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I have a feeling that we're gonna get a major character reveal soon that reveals the rest of them besides secret characters. I hope it happens tomorrow or at PAX but my gut tells me there will be a special Smash direct about 2 or 3 days before the game releases in Japan.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
I have a feeling that we're gonna get a major character reveal soon that reveals the rest of them besides secret characters. I hope it happens tomorrow or at PAX but my gut tells me there will be a special Smash direct about 2 or 3 days before the game releases in Japan.
I think that if we get a reveal tomorrow, itll be the last before the game releases... if not... i think you may be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom