• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I found some interesting information through the Smash Bros sub reddit. It doesn't have any evidence to back it up so it could very likely be fake but at the same time it could be true. The leaker says he works at Nintendo of America and doesn't want to give any visual evidence and risk his job. Here is the link but beware if it is true it has some spoilers such as how to unlock characters.

It is quite a bit of information so I will point out some of the bigger claims he makes but make sure to check out the link as there is a lot of information:
  • Ridley is apparently both a stage boss and a playable character
  • Mewtwo and Dr. Mario are carbon copies of their Melee selves
  • Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to his knowledge
  • Isabelle is both an assist trophy and a playable character.
  • Dixie Kong is playable and is a Diddy Clone with a few differences
  • Dark Pit is apparently like Ridley, both a stage boss and a playable character

EDIT: I realized that this has already been discussed.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Hey guys I found some interesting information through the Smash Bros sub reddit. It doesn't have any evidence to back it up so it could very likely be fake but at the same time it could be true. The leaker says he works at Nintendo of America and doesn't want to give any visual evidence and risk his job. Here is the link but beware if it is true it has some spoilers such as how to unlock characters.
This has been discussed in the last few pages. :) It's certainly hype-raising, but, as a text leak, it's got no more legitimacy to it than any other text leak on principle. Heck, I'd love for it to be true, though - it would be beyond ideal if it were. :p It just doesn't have a great deal that makes it worth believing just yet.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
This has been discussed in the last few pages. :) It's certainly hype-raising, but, as a text leak, it's got no more legitimacy to it than any other text leak on principle. Heck, I'd love for it to be true, though - it would be beyond ideal if it were. :p It just doesn't have a great deal that makes it worth believing just yet.
Oh sorry. I should of checked the previous pages. My bad.

Dims

Smash Cadet
Ness never ever met Lucas. They lived in radically different locals and time periods. I'm sorry if that ruins the comic.
They never met Toon Link (or any of the other characters portrayed in the comic) in their own series either. They met in brawl and SSE though, which is what the comic refers to as I understood it.

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
[/spoiler]
It all sounds nice, but I need to see more proof than just somebody saying it. Pictures or videos (which I know won't happen) So I will remain skeptical about it

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm guessing there are going to be tons of text leaks from here on out about the remaining characters. All of them are gonna be fake, most likely.

Really, because of this, until we see some pics I don't think anyone should buy any of these text leaks.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

"- The leak is legit, which I think is common sense by now.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U) Nope
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total This is where you went fake
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong Not likely
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches Not likely at this point

- Here's how you unlock the other characters shown in the leak.
Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Snake is cut, but he and Gray Fox do have trophies

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.
Clone of a newcomer. Totally legit.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.
Stop pushing him

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

- Isaac is once again an AT, the same as he was before.

- Details on Duck Hunt's gameplay
The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.
This all just seems like a confusing move set and not Smash-like. Like the Down Special and the Side Special.

- Mach Rider is a trophy and Impa isn't in the game at all to my knowledge.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity
Hades = Tabuu

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

- No info on reveal dates, not my department."
What I think of this "leak"

Dims

Smash Cadet
I have actually been wondering why all the different text "leaks" unanimously agree on Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie. I mean, yes, they are probably the three most requested newcomers not yet confirmed (or included in the big leak), but if most of these "leaks" are fake, why are they all choosing the same characters?

On a side note, I don't understand why some people think it's oh so funny to post fake (text) leaks. They could at least put a little effort into it and photo manipulate some stuff in photoshop or something.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I have actually been wondering why all the different text "leaks" all agree on Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie. I mean, yes, they are probably the three most requested newcomers not yet confirmed (or included in the big leak), but if most of these "leaks" are fake, why are they all choosing the same characters?

On a side note, I don't understand why some people think it's oh so funny to post fake (text) leaks. They could at least put a little effort into it and photo manipulate some stuff in photoshop or something.
I feel that all of them agreeing on Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie pull it towards being fake. It's like all the text leaks we see are exactly the same.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Are we bitting leaks that says characters will promote from AT to playable characters now? Sigh...

Seriously, Isabelle?

Dims

Smash Cadet
I feel that all of them agreeing on Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie pull it towards being fake. It's like all the text leaks we see are exactly the same.
Yes, but at the same time the most believable sources (not necessarily true ones) also all state that those three characters are in (with most disagreeing on the final one or two).

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
I agree with you. It's almost as if the lack in uniqueness between all the leaks leans it to the side of fake. It's as if these "leakers" are seeing who is popular in previous leaks and adding them in in order to try to make their's more creditable. It's going to get to the point that those three are just going to be one off mentions in supposed leaks because of all the hype and repetitiveness between all the leaks. It's a no win situation. You either go WAAAY out of the box and you are almost immediately discredited or you follow suit and it's just a copy of previous "leaks".

SmashHypeTrain

Smash Rookie
I wasn't sure at first glance but after research I started believing it.
Then the videos came out and that just changed everything.
Sakurai says he has nothing to annouce at this time still.
The Nintendo of America Employee is fired,
and Nintendo is sueing ESRB.

Gotta feel bad for Sakurai, but for us it's kinda big :4villager:

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
So yeah I dont believe any text leaks just the picture and video leaks but interesting to note that every new leak now at least include mewtwo, ridley, and Dixie. Then they just add a character they want, kind of like what happened with the gematsu leak, all leakers after that had chrom, chorus kids and shulk. For people getting disappointed I dont believe this is the final roster and I dont necessarily believe that there are 5 spots left when they could just easily add an extra not filled row which might move characters into place better. I do believe that dixie, mewtwo and ridley have the highest chances but there are still possibilities for returning characters and characters like k rool, isaac, chorus kids etc

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not from me, but from a supposed NoA employee. Chose to reveal as little about himself as possible, just because what happened with the recent leaker, which he says is HUGE deal right now. I bolded the big stuff.

- There are in fact FOUR characters left to be revealed, three newcomers and one veteran.
Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

Bowser Jr. - achieve a high score of 50,000 OR higher is Target blast as Bowser or complete Classic Mode on any intensity
Duck Hunt - get a perfect clear on Target Blast with every character OR play 250 total versus mode matches
Dr. Mario - complete Classic Mode or Smash Run with Mario without losing any continues OR play 100 total versus mode matches
Dark Pit - lose 10 matches (any mode) while playing as Pit OR lose the finale of Smash Run while playing as Pit
Shulk - complete Smash Run on the highest intensity while playing as R.O.B. OR complete classic mode once as each newcomer (rosalina, palutena, robin, lucina, little mac, greninja, villager, wii fit trainer

- Isabelle is a Villager clone with a few differences. Her Down Special grows a fruit tree that bears and drops fruit instead of letting you chop it down for instance. Dash Attack she comically trips, letting fly a barrage of papers that stagger but do little damage. Nintendo is pushing to make her and Villager the faces of Animal Crossing, as is further shown with the new MK8 DLC.

- On Ridley. It's a new model, but mostly based on the Other M design but in smaller and in flight. He looks more like a gargoyle or something flying. Side Special is a swoop that passes through opponents and makes him face the opposite direction after it ends. If you use it again back that direction without the ending lag. Down Smash he floats into the air with his tail pointing downward then slams down, implanting anyone hit. Forward Aerial is a flip kind of like Charizard's Neutral Aerial from Brawl. He plays like Wolf, but using the same new always airborne mechanic that Bowser Jr. does. he looks great. hes flying mostly upright, with his arms and legs in a semi-crouched position, tail twitching behind him. hes the stage boss. he just enters in a cut-scene attacking whichever player is "winning" the match and then stays to fight one stock. Sakurai is aware that he is highly requested in the west, thats why he is being treated this way.

- Unless there is future DLC, as of right now, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf are cut for good.

The dog runs on all fours with one duck circling above. They take turns performing moves. Up Special the duck starts flapping and leaves the dog behind, he has to jump up and bite onto its feathers to be lifted up. Down Special the dog sniffs the ground and gets an exclamation mark over its head, letting it move faster while running toward the nearest opponent at the time. The effect goes away after a few moments. Side Special the dog rears up on its hind legs and motions with its paw, sending a different duck divebombing forward. It pierces through opponents and flies back. If it hits nothing the duck sticks up in the ground on its beak and has to be recollected to use the move again. Neutral Special a bush sprouts up at the location. Pressing B again lets you hide in it. While hidden a cursor appears letting you fire in a certain radius. If the bush is attacked a few times it disperses and reveals you. You can only have one bush on-stage at a time. Final smash is like the above, but with a much larger radius and firework effects as it ends.

- DLC isn't being discussed right now, or if it is, it's being kept very secretly. The plan right now is to worry about DLC after release.

- Hades (basically Tabuu reskin) is the final boss of classic mode on the highest intensity

- Dr. Mario's Final Smash is a slower thinner copy of Mario's and Mewtwo's is Mega Mewtwo Y, just a powered up form like Lucario's Mega Evolution.

- There isn't a Rhythm Heaven rep, no clue why every fake leak seems to be pushing them so much. A Rhythm Heaven character was considered but that was an amalgamation thing and never made it very far. The Sneaky Spirits are in Smash Run because Sakurai wanted more handheld enemies. There are also enemies from Tomato Adventure and For the Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

- Dixie is a Diddy clone with a few differences. She uses her hair for a few moves and is a little slower.

- Sakurai doesn't consider any characters clones at all. They are attribute swaps. Easy to make characters that buff up the roster without as much man hours.

I generally think this is fake considering that Isabelle is already confirmed as an assist trophy.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I generally think this is fake considering that Isabelle is already confirmed as an assist trophy.
Just the same as a billion text leaks before it. Interesting, but ultimately with no evidence to back it up.

I think what we have already confirmed is all we're getting. DLC is likely a distinct possibility, but we won't likely be seeing any hints of that 'til mid-2015.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I guess it's worth mentioning Isabelle is the only non-playable character alongside Chrom who appears in a poster:

Not that it adds much credibility since it's an AC themed poster in general, and of course like I said before Chrom does appear in the Lucina and Robin poster, so it still seems very ridiculous if you ask me. Just a funny little thing considering Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's poster.

Last edited:

SmashHypeTrain

Smash Rookie

Ridley - unlocked by going through classic mode 10 times on any difficulty with Samus or Zero Suit Samus OR win a match on Pyrosphere as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (Wii U)
Isabelle - you unlock her when you summon her assist trophy while playing as Villager OR summon her assist trophy 10 times total
Dixie Kong - unlock her by playing 5 team matches with Diddy Kong as either player OR complete Smash Run as Diddy Kong
Mewtwo - 20 hours total play time in versus mode or 500 total versus mode matches

You wrote this good but I don't believe Isabelle would be a playable character being an AT, this late in dev.
I could hardly see her being a clone too, I'd be happy with another Nimal Crossing character, but it's not going to happen.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I can't say I'd be upset with Isabelle being playable. Although it is kinda odd that a newcomer is immediately getting a clone, but we've already seen it with Marth and Roy so I guess it's not out of the question.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Some kid got done with his homework and went on ign to see that Isabelle was dlc in mario kart 8 and decided to make a "leak". What a waste of time.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isabelle somehow going from an Assist to playable shoots the leak in the foot before it even takes off. Plus the unlock criteria makes no sense to me in a lot of cases. Especially Shulks.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai is a liar. We were told that the 3DS version wouldn't have any effect on the Wii U version.

Let's face it, Ivysaur, Squirtle and the Ice Climbers would have all returned (Pokemon Trainer) if the 3DS version didn't exist. The only reason that the PT trainer didn't return, is because the ditched the transformation mechanic, which was only likely done because of the 3DS limitations.

If Sakurai lied about that, what else has he lied about?

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is a liar. We were told that the 3DS version wouldn't have any effect on the Wii U version.

Let's face it, Ivysaur, Squirtle and the Ice Climbers would have all returned (Pokemon Trainer) if the 3DS version didn't exist. The only reason that the PT trainer didn't return, is because the ditched the transformation mechanic, which was only likely done because of the 3DS limitations.

If Sakurai lied about that, what else has he lied about?
This is not accurate. He said they would have the same roster. He said they would have mostly different stages, and that they would connect in some way. So of course each game affects the other! Squirtle and ivysaur were removed because of transformations being removed, that had nothing to do with the 3ds limitations. So I'm not sure why you feel you've been lied to.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This is not accurate. He said they would have the same roster. He said they would have mostly different stages, and that they would connect in some way. So of course each game affects the other! Squirtle and ivysaur were removed because of transformations being removed, that had nothing to do with the 3ds limitations. So I'm not sure why you feel you've been lied to.
Sakurai said tons of times that the 3DS technical limitations wouldn't effect the Wii U version. They have.

Isabelle somehow going from an Assist to playable shoots the leak in the foot before it even takes off. Plus the unlock criteria makes no sense to me in a lot of cases. Especially Shulks.
Yep, we really shouldn't be giving it this much attention.

Ridley can apparently be unlocked by playing Classic Mode with Samus 10 times or just win a match on Pyrosphere with Samus......why the heck would I play Classic Mode 10 times if I could unlock him after one measly match on Pyrosphere? Wow those unlock requirements are nonsensical...

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said tons of times that the 3DS technical limitations wouldn't effect the Wii U version. They have.
It doesn't take a genius to understand when a developer says the rosters are going to be the same, that the rosters are going to be the same. And that both games being developed have to be compatible with each other. Don't confuse that with lying dude.

Raijinken

Smash Master
We have no guaranteed proof at this time. It is still quite possible that they've found a way to work the ICs in, whether as Popo alone, Popo with Nana as a clone, or in their original, unbalanceable, broken-by-design, chain-killing form. Or maybe they'll just throw them in and tell people that if you use them in more than a 1v1, sucks to be you because you're going to be knowingly slowing down the game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It doesn't take a genius to understand when a developer says the rosters are going to be the same, that the rosters are going to be the same. And that both games being developed have to be compatible with each other. Don't confuse that with lying dude.
Your point doesn't actually have anything to do with mine. I'm well aware that he said the rosters would be the same. But he also said that the technical limitations of the 3DS wouldn't effect the Wii U version. It's looking highly unlikely that the Ice Climbers are in, the only fathomable reason for their exclusion is that the 3DS limitations have kept them out, so that's kept them out of the Wii U version too. Therefor, the limitations have effected the Wii U version. The same goes for IvySquirtle.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Ridley can apparently be unlocked by playing Classic Mode with Samus 10 times or just win a match on Pyrosphere with Samus......why the heck would I play Classic Mode 10 times if I could unlock him after one measly match on Pyrosphere? Wow those unlock requirements are nonsensical...
I believe the idea was that the former unlock method would be for the 3DS, while the latter is for the Wii U. :p Agreed on it making next to no sense, though. Repetitive unlock requirements like "beat Classic 10 times with <character>" just isn't good design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom