• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well assuming they choose Ninka/Vaanrose, they would have had 2 weeks to put at least a few of the renders together.

Can anyone give me an idea how long a single, brand new render would take?
The Klonoa fake took 14 hours, So they could make each new render in probably a day

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Really it's just the one move. Their neutral special. Lucario is 110% NOT a Mewtwo clone.
By his logic, mewtwo and lucario are Samus clones :facepalm:

And on the sonic leak topic, am I the only one who dislikes seperate characters being alternate costumes? I actually want a Sonic costume, not someone else

D

Deleted member

Yes but the most logical thing is to include Dr. Mario first because hes the best character in the series. Mewtwo probably won't make it since he is a lucario clone.
Woah, okay, slow down. Dr. Mario is your favorite, we get it. And let's please remember that Mewtwo came before Lucario and that neither is a clone of the other.

On topic, I think it would be neat if Dr. Mario preserved his Mario Tornado move, which I think a lot of people would appreciate and that would differentiate him more from Mario. But on the other hand, he is in that Clone Corner of Shame and we already know that Lucina is more of a clone than Roy.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
You guys need to explain why is the name ESRB0083 its a boobe joke tell me that reasoning its a 1 out of 1000 chancce to get the numbers to be the word boobe.

At first I was like this is totally fake because Duck Hunt Dog.

But the more I look at it it looks legit. Still on the fence though

I need to read over this thread cuz it looks heated xD
Why was Duck Hunt Dog so unlikely for people? We had R.O.B and Game and Watch before and now we have Wii Fit Trainer! It's not at all unlikely.

The dlc list was told by a fake imposter on 4chan and wasnt the leaker themselves.
Do you have proof?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Is it a possibility that only the stage select screen is real - hence why it has the Tomodachi Life backing it up, but allowing that to not necessarily back up the rest of the leak?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Surprised that discussion of the sonic alt was so short lived. People seemed to have made up their mind quickly on it.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The Klonoa fake took 14 hours, So they could make each new render in probably a day
Cool. So we have Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr, so we have 5 days, within those 2 weeks must have been devoted to them.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
As a random aside:

This is the Brawl starting roster with a resolution of 400x240, identical to the 3DS's resolution. Stacked on top of each other, this roster layout could see 6 slots alligned horizontally, so it's a decent comparison to the 3DS's leaked roster screen.

Now then, take a look at Wario. Namely his right pupil.

...Kinda hard to make out, isn't it? And yet:

It's definitely there, clear as day, even if it isn't readily apparent on the character selection screen.

...Just thought I'd add this to the Wario pupil argument.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
Simple, really. People are looking for things that aren't there.

Look at the OP.
You are in no position to have a stance against this since you are being accussed as being a part of this leak or forged leak,

micstar615

Smash Ace
Neo Zero and Ninka's source as well as MasterLink have all stated or implied that this isn't the final roster right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cool. So we have Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr, so we have 5 days, within those 2 weeks must have been devoted to them.
And then for characters like ROB and falco who have just a new icon shown, probably one or 2 days to do all of those

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So did @Edel show us the pic he was supposed to regarding further confirmatikn that the leak is real?

Also @ Joalro Joalro you're getting shoutouts all over the internet :p

http://youtu.be/yXLKsijfYQU
Cooooooool. Definitely makes me feel better, cause yeah, this has been taking up a lot of my time last couple days.

And then for characters like ROB and falco who have just a new icon shown, probably one or 2 days to do all of those
Don't forgot that Ganondorf has a full body image as well.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
This could easily be some sort of inside hoax. A programmer uses some unused renders to create fake scenes, then gives it to a friend and tells them to blame it on the ESRB.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
As a random aside:

This is the Brawl starting roster with a resolution of 400x240, identical to the 3DS's resolution. Stacked on top of each other, this roster layout could see 6 slots alligned horizontally, so it's a decent comparison to the 3DS's leaked roster screen.

Now then, take a look at Wario. Namely his right pupil.

...Kinda hard to make out, isn't it? And yet:

It's definitely there, clear as day, even if it isn't readily apparent on the character selection screen.

...Just thought I'd add this to the Wario pupil argument.
That's not the argument. The fact is that the SSE cutscene Wario's face details line up perfectly with the leak render. Of course it has been modified quite a bit, but some things cannot be denied like the pupils in the exact same place, eyebrows, googles, nose, teeth, etc.

But of course as a lot of people said, Wario looks like Wario

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Nero Zero and Ninka's source as well as MasterLink have all stated or implied this isn't the final roster right?
I think it was Neo Zero who said his Nintendo Rep source told him there were still more characters who weren't unlocked in the screenshot, iirc, he said "some you'd never expect," so I think that if there is really a Nintendo Rep telling the truth here, it's pretty safe to say that's not quite the final roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You are in no position to have a stance against this since you are being accussed as being a part of this leak or forged leak,
You quoted a mod with a post that has nothing to do with the leak, as well as having a bad attitude. Generally people try to avoid getting infracted.

And I am free to take whatever stance I see fit.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
That's not the argument. The fact is that the SSE cutscene Wario's face details line up perfectly with the leak render. Of course it has been modified quite a bit, but some things cannot be denied like the pupils in the exact same place, eyebrows, googles, nose, teeth, etc.

But of course as a lot of people said, Wario looks like Wario
There were two Wario related arguments, one regarding the pupil and one regarding the SSE similarities. This was addressing the former.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
See he's defending the leak, they want us to believe, because they made it.

You know damn well.

Inb4 infraction for blowing the whistle.
Wat.

Why would a moderator risk their position on a site, their own reputation, and the reputation of the site as a whole just to pull a fast one on members of a site who are already incredibly skeptical as is and will find out the full roster regardless in three weeks time?

I genuinely don't follow your logic.

Last edited:

TeddyTrickster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4398-9775-3736
If leaker(s) is telling the truth about dlc and extra newcomers, we are looking at a roster of around 60 fighters.

Too bad it's probably fake though.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Well assuming they choose Ninka/Vaanrose, they would have had 2 weeks to put at least a few of the renders together.

Can anyone give me an idea how long a single, brand new render would take?
I'm not sure how long a single render would take, but the Nintendo On video took the guy 2 weeks max, and then he lost it and had to recreate it in a few days...

You can see the video here: http://www.nintendoon.com/

Thanks to this hoax I can never doubt the skill of those who just want to have some fun and mess with everyone :p

D

Deleted member

Don't forgot that Ganondorf has a full body image as well.
like people have pointed out that it is possible that they used a brawl mod for the shulk and ganon gameplay stuff
I have no modding background, so i have no idea how long it would take to do that

Last edited by a moderator:

The True Blue Bomber

Smash Rookie
I've been watching this thread for a while, and my theory is that Shulk will be revealed between now and 13th September, and the rest will be secret characters. I firmly believe this is true thanks to Joalro's amazing arguments and from other people too. #TeamReal #Stilldoingthiscrap
Also, can one of the mods (possibly Frostwraith) please do something about Mariotehplumber? I know Joalro has advised not to reply to him, but can one of the mods please ban him from this thread, or possibly from the site for an amount of time?

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wat.

Why would a moderator risk their position on a site, their own reputation, and the reputation of the site as a whole just to pull a fast one on members of a site who are already incredibly skeptical as is and will find out the full roster regardless in three weeks time?

I genuinely don't follow your logic.
I didn't come up with this theory it was posted and presented well before I began to post, as I replied to others stating similar things.

If you've been following the information since the beginning, it will raise a belief beyond mere suspicion.

We're not aloud to believe coincidence anymore, we're investigators.

D

Deleted member

Thing is, there's a lot of things I don't know. I'm not the whole staff.

There are people here with inside info. I'm not one of them.
People with inside info...Where's AlphaZealot these days? The guy actually works at Nintendo.

Granted, he was more involved on the Pokemon side of things last I heard, but that still doesn't mean he couldn't have access to a later build of the game.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I didn't come up with this theory it was posted and presented well before I began to post, as I replied to others stating similar things.

If you've been following the information since the beginning, it will raise a belief beyond mere suspicion.

We're not aloud to believe coincidence anymore, we're investigators.
Not my joke post not my joke post not my joke post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom