• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Then upscale him like they would scale ridley then they shouldnt be ****ies about this **** because the classic sonic is the only true sonic to the normal public that isnt autistic thinking sonic is dbz and epic its **** now. Sonic got its fame from the sega genesis and sonic1 and 2 are the best sonic games. Dr Mario inn the game would make this the best leak so far if true tho this is what everyone wanted.
Well, that may make it hard to distinguish between modern and classic, as classic is just a slightly lighter blue without the green eyes, isn't he?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
As far as we know, alt costumes don't change anything like that, just appearance.

Which could fit with the arguments that MS wouldn't make sense to include in the first place?
Well in the case if WFT and Robin, their voices change. They could add metallic sound effects.

D

Deleted member

WHo gives a flying **** if he is hes the best and only true sonic modern sonic is dumb as **** they used the classic pacman because modern pacman wasnt as iconic as classic. Well do the same for sonic sonic got his fame from the genesis seriously **** the modern ****ty hentai quilled design of sonic everyone wants to shove up their ***. **** metal sonic and **** stupid *** rosalina as a character and girl characters in general I dont play games to be a digital slunt.
Relax.
Every little thing is gonna be alright.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I would LOVE if MS was in, even as an alt, he's badass!

BUT...that video seems off to me..how come when you change to MS, the name is still "Sonic"? Does that mean when you win with MS, the announcer will also call him Sonic? That's not something I see Sakurai doing, unless this is just a super early build that hasn't been changed. Idk, this leak seems fishy for a number of reasons, take it with a huge grain of salt.
Costumes like Male WFT don't do that for anyone and they don't do it in PM or other fighters (like if Zero dresses as Megaman in MVC) so its not conclusive evidence. It's a possibility but not any reason to think its fake. There are other reasons though...

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
WHo gives a flying **** if he is hes the best and only true sonic modern sonic is dumb as **** they used the classic pacman because modern pacman wasnt as iconic as classic. Well do the same for sonic sonic got his fame from the genesis seriously **** the modern ****ty hentai quilled design of sonic everyone wants to shove up their ***. **** metal sonic and **** stupid *** rosalina as a character and girl characters in general I dont play games to be a digital slunt.

Hey... Ask Dr. Mario for a chill pill. B)

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Well, that may make it hard to distinguish between modern and classic, as classic is just a slightly lighter blue without the green eyes, isn't he?
Hes more round and doesn't have hentai quills dumbass.
Hes more round, different styled shoes and doesnt have hentai quills u dumbass.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Hes more round and doesn't have hentai quills *******.

Hes more round, different styled shoes and doesnt have hentai quills u *******.
Geeze, calm down, I'm just trying to think through this logically. I didn't realize he was more round, or had less quills. That's why I asked "isn't he?".

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's weird to have Metal Sonic or Alph as alts because they have different names. That's part of the reason why I thought Lucina got her own spot. Although, Peach's Daisy costume is kinda like that...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Okay after trying to find something.

The border around Pikachu's box is bigger. I mean the black part of it.
Just add this and a counter to the second post.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Costumes like Male WFT don't do that for anyone and they don't do it in PM or other fighters (like if Zero dresses as Megaman in MVC) so its not conclusive evidence. It's a possibility but not any reason to think its fake. There are other reasons though...
Agreed, some things about it definitely seem off, I'm all for it if it's real though

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
Geeze, calm down, I'm just trying to think through this logically. I didn't realize he was more round, or had less quills. That's why I asked "isn't he?".
Stfu u piss me off with ur avatar someone obviously faked on 4chan to try and disprove the leak it still stands that Dr Mario is legit atm asshole.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I see all the black borders of the same time. Perhaps you could highlight the areas you're talking about?

D

Deleted member

the black outline looks larger on all those selected

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Stfu u piss me off with ur avatar someone obviously faked on 4chan to try and disprove the leak it still stands that Dr Mario is legit atm *******.
I like the design of the DHD and don't want to use the blurry picture from the leak, this looks much crisper, and still resembles the original leak's design. Also, I never said that the doc wasn't in, in fact, I tried to help prove the point in him existing earlier.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I like the design of the DHD and don't want to use the blurry picture from the leak, this looks much crisper, and still resembles the original leak's design. Also, I never said that the doc wasn't in, in fact, I tried to help prove the point in him existing earlier.
Just ignore him.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
This needs to be real everyone wants Dr. Mario in the game hes the best character in the smash bros series. Although having metal sonic as an alt is ****ing stupid *** decision if it comes out to be true should be classic sonic with no hentai quills.
uh i don't. i really hate this leak for 3 reasons:

1. dr. mario and dark pit are clones! why would sakurai add more clones? wasn't toon link and lucina enough? seriously if this turns out to be true then sakurai has gotten lazy with his work. we don't need clones, we need new characters with new movesets.

2. bowser jr.- are you freaking kidding me? him? he has no representation in smash bros 4! paper mario is more of a worthy candidate for a mario slot. he even has his own stage in the game! bowser jr. isn't as important. he's in the same tier as the koopalings.

3. if this leak turns out to be true, then the mario franchise will have 7 fighters! that way more than pokemon in brawl and even now! that way too big for a single franchise. i say 5 is more than enough or maybe e ven six if paper mario gets it. but 7? thats just pushing too far.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Yeah can't wait to meet you online and give you my daily dose of whoop ass.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
The top slightly cuts into Math's box, and the corners a bit into Ike's and Palutena's.
It appears that the same holds true for the other portraits, it may just be to make the selected icons, or the icons being hovered over "pop" more.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP

1. dr. mario and dark pit are clones! why would sakurai add more clones? wasn't toon link and lucina enough? seriously if this turns out to be true then sakurai has gotten lazy with his work. we don't need clones, we need new characters with new movesets.

2. bowser jr.- are you freaking kidding me? him? he has no representation in smash bros 4! paper mario is more of a worthy candidate for a mario slot. he even has his own stage in the game! bowser jr. isn't as important. he's in the same tier as the koopalings.

3. if this leak turns out to be true, then the mario franchise will have 7 fighters! that way more than pokemon in brawl and even now! that way too big for a single franchise. i say 5 is more than enough or maybe e ven six if paper mario gets it. but 7? thats just pushing too far.
Stop being a panzy and accept it what it is for now this is a good roster if true but im pretty sure smash boards mods forged this as rumors say.

D

Deleted member

Actually it makes a lot of sense to add Rosalina and Bowser Jr. as the newest Mario reps. They've both been in tons of different games lately and are pretty relevant.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Stop being a panzy and accept it what it is for now this is a good roster if true but im pretty sure smash boards mods forged this as rumors say.
what i'm basing this off of is you saying that everyone wanted dr. mario in. i don't. he's a waste of a character. as an alt i could see it happeneing, even as an assist trophy. but a full blown character? there are better people that sakurai could add.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
The stupiest thing about the leak is the name ersb0083 its a sick boob joke that could be a major troll fest which imm pissed off about atm.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
OK, the icons of Kirby, and Pikachu slightly leak into the icons of other characters, however it appears as though Bowser Jr's does not, so... what if the light on the icons pulse light out causing them to spread out a bit larger as an animation?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I don't think I can wait till Monday for confirmation. *twitch

I losing it.

What if Duck hunt dog used a gun?

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
what i'm basing this off of is you saying that everyone wanted dr. mario in. i don't. he's a waste of a character. as an alt i could see it happeneing, even as an assist trophy. but a full blown character? there are better people that sakurai could add.
Dude Sakarai said if the character has any differences they get thier own slot which means lucina isnt the only clone in the game but dr mario is by far the best in the smash series cuz everyone with skill uses him.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Look at it this way. It's very likely that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were not initially intended to be characters period. They are both likely afterthought characters that serve to expand the roster slightly at exceedingly little cost. Heck, Sakurai outright said this was the case with Lucina, in how she was originally planned as just a costume but developed into a full-blown character later on, and Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would take even less work than her.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That pulls up an interesting theory. The English version doesn't call the same characters by different names based on gender, but there are going to be problems in other versions with WFT and Villager. Case in point: in German, the gender of the character is stated in the name, so you've got the "Dorfsbewohner" and "Wii Fit Trainerin" The gender flipped would be "Dorfsbewohnerin" and "Wii Fit Trainer." If they didn't change villager and called the female without the suffix, it would be seriously awkward. Or calling the male trainer with a feminine suffix? That would really be bizarre. Would the other versions have to change the names? Or do they just get the english text read with the character name fixed. Or not? And does that then translate to the English version? What about the Koopalings leak, where we'd have 8 different looks for 'Bowser, Jr.'?

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
OK, the icons of Kirby, and Pikachu slightly leak into the icons of other characters, however it appears as though Bowser Jr's does not, so... what if the light on the icons pulse light out causing them to spread out a bit larger as an animation?
Kirby's leaks out a lot, Pikachu I don't actually see. Kirby might have extra light because the hand is over top of him. The rest is probably just pixel bleeding and poor quality cam shot.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Dude Sakarai said if the character has any differences they get thier own slot which means lucina isnt the only clone in the game but dr mario is by far the best in the smash series cuz everyone with skill uses him.
but sakurai also claimed that lucina was lucky to be included. it seems that she was a special case for the roster. you're telling me that dark pit and dr. mario are lucky too? unlikely! and on top of that your posts seem to be based more on bias than on reason.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's leaks out a lot, Pikachu I don't actually see. Kirby might have extra light because the hand is over top of him. The rest is probably just pixel bleeding and poor quality cam shot.
Probably, but as for not being able to see it, look to the bottom right corner of Palutena's icon.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
but sakurai also claimed that lucina was lucky to be included. it seems that she was a special case for the roster. you're telling me that dark pit and dr. mario are lucky too? unlikely! and on top of that your posts seem to be based more on bias than on reason.
To be fair, it is possible that Dr. Mario got some changes to make him less of a clone and Dark Pit has his own moves too. We can't really say until we see them in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom