• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, it is possible that Dr. Mario got some changes to make him less of a clone and Dark Pit has his own moves too. We can't really say until we see them in action.
And yet these photos indicate they'd get special grouping in the Corner of Shame alongside Lucina, seemingly the biggest clone yet.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
but sakurai also claimed that lucina was lucky to be included. it seems that she was a special case for the roster. you're telling me that dark pit and dr. mario are lucky too? unlikely! and on top of that your posts seem to be based more on bias than on reason.
Dr Mario will be in the game and if not ill be super pissed and make a rant video on the dumb decision to leave the best character in smash out of the 4th installment over stupid hentai characters such as roslaina zero suit zelda wii fit trainer and palutena.. It just irks me that sakarai has an anime girl fetish and pushing his stupid culture to my regional games.

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
And yet these photos indicate they'd get special grouping in the Corner of Shame alongside Lucina, seemingly the biggest clone yet.
From what I'm seeing, we'll likely see a Dr. Mario practically identical to his Melee counterpart. While he and Mario may have several similarities visually, they have quite a few differences in terms of how their movers operate (his one-of-a-kind sex kick immediately comes to mind).

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Whoa, whoa. I'm starting to see this thread heating up. Cool it guys, okay? Let's just all have a calm, logical debate without resorting to name-calling.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I just want you people to realize if doctor Mario comes back he is the first ever in the smash bros series histroy to be a returning cut character. He is and always will be the BEST.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I just want you people to realize if doctor Mario comes back he is the first ever in the smash bros series histroy to be a returning cut character. He is and always will be the BEST.
Considering Brawl was the first time a character was cut, this is the first time a cut character ever had the CHANCE of coming back.

And if some rumours are correct, Mewtwo may be returning as well, so they would be tied.

Also, we are all happy for you that you get Dr Mario back (shh, guys, seriously, pretend to be happy for the moment), but you really don't need to pick fights with people about it. Can you try to cool it a bit?

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Hey, that's cool and it's great that you like this character. But some people may have a differing opinion on him. To each his own, right?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Dr Mario will be in the game and if not ill be super pissed and make a rant video on the dumb decision to leave the best character in smash out of the 4th installment over stupid hentai characters such as roslaina zero suit zelda wii fit trainer and palutena.. It just irks me that sakarai has an anime girl fetish and pushing his stupid culture to my regional games.
"girl automatically equals hentai character"

Holy ****. Calm down.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
That pulls up an interesting theory. The English version doesn't call the same characters by different names based on gender, but there are going to be problems in other versions with WFT and Villager. Case in point: in German, the gender of the character is stated in the name, so you've got the "Dorfsbewohner" and "Wii Fit Trainerin" The gender flipped would be "Dorfsbewohnerin" and "Wii Fit Trainer." If they didn't change villager and called the female without the suffix, it would be seriously awkward. Or calling the male trainer with a feminine suffix? That would really be bizarre. Would the other versions have to change the names? Or do they just get the english text read with the character name fixed. Or not? And does that then translate to the English version? What about the Koopalings leak, where we'd have 8 different looks for 'Bowser, Jr.'?
This is actually a really good point that I'm surprised more people aren't touching on. Maybe exceptions can be made for languages that call for differing sex identifications, as that wouldn't exactly be as jarring as a completely different character entirely. That said, I don't really have an answer for Bowser junior at the moment. It's possible that the Japanese version just has a more generic name and that the English translation is giving it some variation, but this certainly deserves more discussion.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
THE MODS KNERW SOMTHANG, THEY GOTTA! IZZ A CONSPIRISIII!!!1!!!1!

No but seriously, a few may actually know something we don't, and they're not showing it. I doubt every single mod is in on it, but there is more then we seem to know.
Mods are in on it, I think they made this.

Or it's real and they know something. A lot of them heavily suggest it's real when they usually take a non-partisan neutral stance towards these things.

Also a bunch of them called the pic of the day being music.

...Somethings going on here.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't let this thread be further derailed. Anything not related to the leak will be warned/infracted.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
That pulls up an interesting theory. The English version doesn't call the same characters by different names based on gender, but there are going to be problems in other versions with WFT and Villager. Case in point: in German, the gender of the character is stated in the name, so you've got the "Dorfsbewohner" and "Wii Fit Trainerin" The gender flipped would be "Dorfsbewohnerin" and "Wii Fit Trainer." If they didn't change villager and called the female without the suffix, it would be seriously awkward. Or calling the male trainer with a feminine suffix? That would really be bizarre. Would the other versions have to change the names? Or do they just get the english text read with the character name fixed. Or not? And does that then translate to the English version? What about the Koopalings leak, where we'd have 8 different looks for 'Bowser, Jr.'?
Actually it's just "Bewohner/in" and not "Dorfbewohner/in" ("Dorfsbewohner/in" would be grammatically wrong, just some german lessons from me) ;P
http://www.smashbros.com/de/

To the Dr. Mario/Dark Pit discussion, Sakurai said that "costumes" with slightly different effects/movesets have their own character slot, and that doesn't mean they got in over any other character. "Clone characters" don't take much more data space than if they were just alts. I think Wolf and Lucas aren't in because of time and the Ice Climbers aren't in because technical difficulties, i'm sure they will be added someday after the release.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
mewtwo is the most requested veteran to return! even on smash boards he was more requested than megman himself! again your posts are based on you being very biased with the character, not on reason or actual facts!

if you get mad because he's not in the game, then go cry everyone a river. i'm done entertaining this kind of mind set.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This is actually a really good point that I'm surprised more people aren't touching on. Maybe exceptions can be made for languages that call for differing sex identifications, as that wouldn't exactly be as jarring as a completely different character entirely. That said, I don't really have an answer for Bowser junior at the moment. It's possible that the Japanese version just has a more generic name and that the English translation is giving it some variation, but this certainly deserves more discussion.
I guess that's true. It would be interesting if we did get a European leak to see. I highly doubt think German's the only language that does that - I can only speak for German and (really) spotty French, but I'm sure Spanish and Italian also have gendered titles. But the way they'll pull off alts as new characters may be the same, so I'd really like to see it.

EDIT:
Actually it's just "Bewohner/in" and not "Dorfbewohner/in" ("Dorfsbewohner/in" would be grammatically wrong, just some german lessons from me) ;P
http://www.smashbros.com/de/
Ugh, my German is starting to fail since I moved away. I could never get my die/der/das and adjective endings right. Thanks.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Stfu u piss me off with ur avatar someone obviously faked on 4chan to try and disprove the leak it still stands that Dr Mario is legit atm *******.
Oh. My. God.
efoijdfsonj fchgogi fo fgfgvfgnfgfgkhkjgfbuibgeryuerbgygrebvgrberbggbrbvgrbgrv
At this rate I'm gonna break my keyboard.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
I've been hearing people say the whole technical difficulties thing about ICs and it doesn't make sense. They were able to make Rosalina work. They were able to simplify Olimar to make him work. There's no way they can't make ICs work, even if it takes some simplification.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
mewtwo is the most requested veteran to return! even on smash boards he was more requested than megman himself! again your posts are based on you being very biased with the character, not on reason or actual facts!

if you get mad because he's not in the game, then go cry everyone a river. i'm done entertaining this kind of mind set.
Yes but the most logical thing is to include Dr. Mario first because hes the best character in the series. Mewtwo probably won't make it since he is a lucario clone.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I guess that's true. It would be interesting if we did get a European leak to see. I highly doubt think German's the only language that does that - I can only speak for German and (really) spotty French, but I'm sure Spanish and Italian also have gendered titles. But the way they'll pull off alts as new characters may be the same, so I'd really like to see it.
One thing that just occurred to me is that Bowser Jr. may be in a different kind of situation compared to most other characters. While other characters likely wont be represented by completely different characters because they would basically be replacing who they are altogether, Bowser Jr.'s actually more of a secondary character to what is truly being represented here: the Koopa Clown Copter. Thus it wouldn't be as jarring for the character to have a name change, because they aren't the star of the show, the vehicle is.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Yes but the most logical thing is to include Dr. Mario first because hes the best character in the series. Mewtwo probably won't make it since he is a lucario clone.

Pretty sure at this point we're dealing with a troll. Best to just ignore the guy.

EDIT: Whoopsie, double post. People've been posting so fast that I guess I just assumed someone would have posted in the time between. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
This leak needs to be real or I am going to be pissed.
No one respond any further to Mariotehplumber. He is taking over this thread at this point. I have reported him, and if you want to do something regarding him, do the same.

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
On the topic of the Ice Climbers not being in due to technical difficulties, think of it this way, Ice Climbers are two seperate characters that are the same size and are controlled by one person, whereas olimar/pikmin its one character controlling some tiny creatures and Rosalina is pretty much the same deal

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
On the topic of the Ice Climbers not being in due to technical difficulties, think of it this way, Ice Climbers are two seperate characters that are the same size and are controlled by one person, whereas olimar/pikmin its one character controlling some tiny creatures and Rosalina is pretty much the same deal
Indeed. The programming in both cases are much simpler.

I do discuss this in the second post as well.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I would think that technical difficulties are literally the only reason that they aren't returning.

Should the next handheld have the technical fidelity to allow the Ice Climbers, I guarantee that they'll make a comeback.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So now that we seem to have come to a lull, why don't we work out what exactly it would have taken to fake this whole thing. Let's assume it WAS faked, and work out all the steps that must have been involved.

I'll begin:

First, the leaker must have had an early copy of Famitsu

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
At first I was like this is totally fake because Duck Hunt Dog.

But the more I look at it it looks legit. Still on the fence though

I need to read over this thread cuz it looks heated xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So now that we seem to have come to a lull, why don't we work out what exactly it would have taken to fake this whole thing. Let's assume it WAS faked, and work out all the steps that must have been involved.
First step would probably be to pick a leak to line this up with, which seems to be Ninka/Vaanrose

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
Well first they would have to get actual in game images, or have an idea of what they would look like and then modify then modify them for additional/different characters/stages/ or renders

Edit: ^and yeah they would probably have to have some idea of what they were going to add

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
First step would probably be to pick a leak to line this up with, which seems to be Ninka/Vaanrose
Well assuming they choose Ninka/Vaanrose, they would have had 2 weeks to put at least a few of the renders together.

Can anyone give me an idea how long a single, brand new render would take?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, the Tomodachi thing removed all doubt for me that this is the real deal.

Also lol at "The Mods did this." :p

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

I'll begin:

First, the leaker must have had an early copy of Famitsu
The leaker had to be a skilled render maker with alot of time. [which they kinda didn't but eh]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom