• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I bet if Ridley/Mewtwo was added to the roster you all wouldn't debunk the leak and believe it was real

lord you guys are spoiled
I'd love Ridley, but if he were included in the leak I'd still dislike the leak. It has consumed most of the character threads and left them constantly going off-topic. If this turns out to be real I'm at least thankful that it came somewhat close to release, I don't think I'd be able to put up with the constant regurgitating of the same points over and over for a long time.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Look I'm not saying it as a bad thing. I want Mewtwo more than anyone else even Bandana Dee

Which is why I have high hopes for him though after his relevance in X/Y.
The sigh was for assuming every single user whose trying to point out the flaws are biased idiots. I myself am pretty neutral on the leak.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I was Surprised the Japanese Weren't Like FAKE AND GAY WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE TRASH CHARACTERS IN SMASH BROS? That's what they were when Little Mac was revealed But Pleasant surprise That they were A-Ok about the Roster :grin:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
This seems to be moving slowly but maybe the mods can actual leak information instead of keeping it for themselves.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
While I think the leak is real, and am cautiously optimistic of more characters, something really bothers me about all of this. Why not show the full roster? Why even tease to begin with? It reminds me of the CapnMuffin CSS leak where I knew it was fake right away because of the Ridley teasing. The point behind a leak is to leak, not string people along and tease them that there is more to come. That's exactly what trolls and fake leaks do.

However the fact that mods here and some other users that appear to have inside info seem to believe the leak and believe(some of them confidently I might add) that there are also more characters on the way makes me get my hopes up. If this is the final roster I'm going to be severely disappointed that some mods and other users all but confirmed more is coming.

I know what you mean, but they may not have access to full roster. If really earn video, video might not have shown it , but yet they somehow can still rate the other characters in other ways.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Duck Hunt is clever, not sure if its real or not but definitely curve ball if its real. Can't wait for the game to be released to see if it actually was a leak or not.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I know what you mean, but they may not have access to full roster. If really earn video, video might not have shown it , but yet they somehow can still rate the other characters in other ways.
But then why not show the other characters, either?

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Reasons why I think of this as a fake: 1 Wario's pupil is absent 2 G&W's Icon clips through into Wario's, 3 if you look closely you can see Shulk's model is just an edit of Little Mac's, 4: Pitto and Doc are there own fighter and have there own clone area along with Marth 2.0 while Tink is with the rest of the Zelda franchise 5: and this is the big one for me, mii fighters are completely absent from the roster.

domokl

Smash Lord
Reasons why I think of this as a fake: 1 Wario's pupil is absent 2 G&W's Icon clips through into Wario's, 3 if you look closely you can see Shulk's model is just an edit of Little Mac's, 4: Pitto and Doc are there own fighter and have there own clone area along with Marth 2.0 while Tink is with the rest of the Zelda franchise 5: and this is the big one for me, mii fighters are completely absent from the roster.
READ THE SECOND POST

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
It will be so interesting if we get some kind of gameplay of these leaked characters To analyse them to see if they are real or not

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'm not supposed to reply to outdated claims buuuuuuuuut.

1. You can see the corner of it if you look closely, it's just at an odd angle.

2. No, that's Wario's shoulder.

3. Nope, his face resembles little Mac but they are similarly-designed characters in their games.

4. Clones that were added later in. This roster may not even be full. Toon Link was planned from the beginning.

5. Customization is turned off and/or Mii Fighters are accessed on a different screen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Swamp clearly said the DLC is fake. Isn't that a mod spreading a rumor?
That's one of the things that has been looked into. I don't know the full details but it seems that it was just some guy riding on the coattails of the original pictures. Not to mention besides being on 4chan, anyone with the username "mothering****ingleaker" probably isn't to be trusted.

My main point though is that this is not a staff/site conspiracy. If you want the full details, as they do seem to be very confident about the DLC Rumor being false, you'll have to ask @Neo Zero and @Swampasaur

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Oh. Well I don't think we're getting anything more out of them. Besides, MasterLink said that Anon/Mother was lying about the DLC, so it's not like they're in cahoots or anything.
It's all just a mess, I wish we got a veteran reveal to clear things up.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I wonder how many people are in #TeamReal and how many in #TeamFake. A poll would be fun. :troll:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm not supposed to reply to outdated claims buuuuuuuuut.

1. You can see the corner of it if you look closely, it's just at an odd angle.

2. No, that's Wario's shoulder.

3. Nope, his face resembles little Mac but they are similarly-designed characters in their games.

4. Clones that were added later in. This roster may not even be full. Toon Link was planned from the beginning.

5. Customization is turned off and/or Mii Fighters are accessed on a different screen.
Also Sakurai Said Tink Is NOT A CLONE since they have different Weight Power Speed and Height which explains Why he is not in the Clone Row with Doc Lucina and Pittoo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
G & W isn't clipping through Wario

and saying that a roster is fake because of the characters that are on it isn't valid

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, I found a new main. :drmario: :4doctormario:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I have that in the original post, but missed it there, I'm tired and getting sloppy.
I hate to be a nag (this is my third time saying this and I feel bad about it) but I really think it's worth mentioning the @RedditSmashBros twitter suspension. It was suspended shortly after it posted the leak. Twitter states that "Accounts are generally suspended for violations of the Twitter Rules. We may also suspend accounts for investigation if we suspect an account has been hacked or compromised." If there was no violation, then it could not have been suspended.

Counterpoint: Other leakers have deleted their own posts/content to make it seem real.
Countercounterpoint: You can't suspend your own twitter account.

Counterpoint: There are other twitter accounts who have posted the image and they have not been suspended.
Countercounterpoint: The @RedditSmashBros is a pretty popular account, but this is still a convincing counterpoint.

Counterpoint: We don't know if that's why they were suspended.
Countercounterpoint: We don't, but all recent content seemed benign.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
You know, every time I think about some guy wanting to privately share some pictures of this new game with a friend, trusting his friend to not let them get out, and his friend betraying that trust and letting a number of people get a hold of the pictures, ultimately leading to the mass, public dispersal of the pictures and the repercussions of this in the original leaker's life, it really starts tearing me up inside. It's just so sad to think that one's friend would be so careless as to allow their entire career (and possibly life in general) to be destroyed.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Also Sakurai Said Tink Is NOT A CLONE since they have different Weight Power Speed and Height which explains Why he is not in the Clone Row with Doc Lucina and Pittoo
Marth and Lucina have different weight, power, speed, and height. Pikachu and Pichu have different weight, power, speed, and height. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have different weight, power, speed, and height... the list just goes on.

Are they not clones anymore?

MinjoJinjo

Smash Rookie
This has already been brought up. We have multiple sources saying not all characters unlocked yet, but Yoshi could still be there as it's Sakurai so you never know...
Yeah I understand that this has been brought up multiple times. I've read this entire thread and other discussions. IMO even if there's more characters to unlock, I don't think that they would be placed in that very top row. If other characters are unlocked then they would probably be in the rows below yoshi, how would that change his position? Even if a character was placed in that top row, how would that make Yoshi move to the right of Bowser jr? I know in previous games, characters can jump around as more are unlocked, but that's because the roser is growing horizontally and vertically. This roster doesn't seem like it would grow horizontally any further. From previous smash games, you can tell Sakurai has a fetish for well organized and logical user interface. I could never see him putting a character in a place like that.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
All of these have been debunked rather quickly. And yet people keep bringing them up before reading the post under the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom