• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
the line inconsitens wre acutally a glitch on the 3ds part. so thats how it helps the leak new peps.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Is that how it works on this site? Being promoted to moderator means you have more connections? I don't care if it's a new member or a veteran or a mod, I go by the source, the evidence, etc. I make my own judgments.

The mods are humans just like us. They started out just like us. Sure, some of them might just happen to have legit sources, just like some of us regular members might happen to have legit sources. But they're human, they can be fooled just like we can. In terms of daily Smashboards life, sure they are a bit higher up, but in the sense of leaks they're on the same level as everyone else.
Well if a mod is claiming something and saying it's fact when it's actually not then they are being very unprofessional. I know we are all human but I don't get why they would make such claims without reason. You're right being a mod (on this site to boot) doesn't automatically mean you'll have inside info, but if they are willing to makes claims that are false to throw away what reputation they have then it's unprofessional.

I was more referring to how you weren't giving any middle ground between mod and newbie, and pointing out that there are people with reputations that rival mods that should not be dismissed in the same manner that newbies are.
I know I'm aware of it and you're right. All I want to really know is if a Mod is saying this kind of stuff and it's fake what do they have to gain from it? They lose much more than gain if it's fake. I just don't understand why a Mod will make such a claim without reason.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
wasnt the shulk pic from a 4th guy that had no connection to the other three. the gameplay pic?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
What is going on ? I'm lost...
Ignore everything. There are TWO things I'm currently try to work out, if you are interested in helping.

1. Mach Rider. Why did @Neo Zero suggest that Mach Rider would be one of the possibilities, when the major leaks do not suggest this?

2. Does the analysis by @erico9001 support or discredit the claims made by MasterLinkX

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Mach Rider? I struggle to see what he could do Move set wise but Then Again this Sakurai so I guess it could work and If we take The 5 DLC Characters Mach Rider Dixie Ridley and Mewtwo then Add in Mii Fighters And count the 3 classes as 3 separate characters we would have a total of 60 Characters WHICH IS INSANE!! O_o

D

Deleted member

So uh. Nothing new since I went to bed?
I don't know if you saw it last night but masterlinkx was going to edit the leaked pictures of shulk to make them appear fake and kill this leak before it spread. Obviously that didn't happen.

domokl

Smash Lord
I don't know if you saw it last night but masterlinkx was going to edit the leaked pictures of shulk to make them appear fake and kill this leak before it spread. Obviously that didn't happen.
so he didnt want this to spread. intersting....

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider? I struggle to see what he could do Move set wise but Then Again this Sakurai so I guess it could work and If we take The 5 DLC Characters Mach Rider Dixie Ridley and Mewtwo then Add in Mii Fighters And count the 3 classes as 3 separate characters we would have a total of 60 Characters WHICH IS INSANE!! O_o
I imagine Mach Rider would be another Captain Falcon Clone perhaps inheriting Ganondorf's moveset

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, one thing I'm a bit confused about is why would somebody risk losing their job and getting sued just to leak Smash Bros. a month early? I'm not sure if you guys remember, but when X and Y copies were sold by accident and leaks started coming out, some of the stores that sold them were permanently shut down. I think for place, the whole company was shut down. Nintendo takes this **** seriously, they hate leaks.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
1. Mach Rider. Why did @Neo Zero suggest that Mach Rider would be one of the possibilities, when the major leaks do not suggest this?
I think Neo was only bringing up a possible unexpected newcomer. I doubt he knows anything about Mach Rider being in the game.
Swampasaur said the DLC leak was fake, apparently. So don't count with it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As far as taking what the mods say about this leak, we have absolutely nothing to gain in lying. I thought I set up a positive reputation for myself on this site to the point where people could trust what I'm saying.

You don't have to believe us, but I will tell you we aren't making this up. There is no conspiracy.

D

Deleted member

Please lord just give us Mewtwo. That's all I want in this roster.

Also I have faith Sakurai will do DLC later down the road to keep the game fresh, but we're not going to know these details immediately.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
@erico9001 I would very much like to use your analysis in my post, because you have a good perspective and strong analysis. However, I'm struggling to work out the details of what you are getting at overall in your post. If you could be a bit more blunt in what you are saying, and make a statement about MasterLinkX's claims, I would be very grateful.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Question Why Does Mewtwo have a ? Above his Face? its strange Is he trying to imply I thinks Mewtwo Is a Boss at first but he thinks you unlock it after? I'm not sure why have a ? Instead of a - Meaning I don't know

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
So the leak died down? There are over 200 people viewing.

Also does anyone have that picture that was confirmed fake of Duck Hunt Dog?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
The cursor is currently over Kirby. It's not a stretch to think their portrait section will bulge when highlighting them. More importantly how would someone screw up the lines like that? Have you guys ever used Photoshop or MS Paint? You can copy and paste assets around to create identical copies where ever you want. How on earth would someone accidentally screw that up? These character renders are professionally made. I don't think they'd forget how to copy/paste Kirby's box without screwing up the lines.

There are ways to debunk leaks but the whole "this pixel or this detail is slightly off" isn't the best way to do it. That method simply tries to find a small stain on the giant white sheet and ignores all of the other convincing factors.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
As far as taking what the mods say about this leak, we have absolutely nothing to gain in lying. I thought I set up a positive reputation for myself on this site to the point where people could trust what I'm saying.

You don't have to believe us, but I will tell you we aren't making this up. There is no conspiracy.
And you stated my point. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't trust you because like you've stated you'll have nothing to gain in lying. This is what I wanted to get across to people. I trust you guys and will continue to do so until I see clear hard cut evidence I shouldn't.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Question Why Does Mewtwo have a ? Above his Face? its strange Is he trying to imply I thinks Mewtwo Is a Boss at first but he thinks you unlock it after? I'm not sure why have a ? Instead of a - Meaning I don't know
My understanding of this (and I should add this to the first post) is that, while the other characters were typically part of the starting roster, the leaker assumed they were cut if they were not in the game, especially that late when most characters were unlocked. However Mewtwo, having been one of the last characters to unlock in Melee, would still be unknown.

OR he was just trying to screw with us all.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

Don't feel bad, some people just want to look for any excuse they can to think this is fake or think their favorite characters really are coming back. It's nothing personal.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

Any time you want to ask the question "Does anyone have", please look in the second post of this thread.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Ignore everything. There are TWO things I'm currently try to work out, if you are interested in helping.

2. Does the analysis by @erico9001 support or discredit the claims made by MasterLinkX
1. He has 3 leaks ; two of them are known, the third one had Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Ridley and Shulk.

He also said it was the less believable and it didn't have DHD nor Jr. And not sure if Shulk was even in.

2. MASTERLINKXX said there was a 8 seconds long video with those four guys on pic fighting, and that "disabled" wqs transformed as "disablad" on purpose.
It's a possible counter imo against his claim.

T

Trick or Treat

Oh I'm not saying you're making anything up. I'm only saying that being a mod doesn't exactly make what you say more legit. For all you know I could secretly have all the inside information, or legitimately know someone who does, but even if I posted evidence most of you wouldn't believe me because I'm just a random, anonymous member on here.

As far as losing their reputation on here, it's far more crazy to believe that someone would risk losing their actual, paid job leaking information, than a mod being demoted or losing reputation on here.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629

No
EDIT :
The cursor is currently over Kirby. It's not a stretch to think their portrait section will bulge when highlighting them. More importantly how would someone screw up the lines like that? Have you guys ever used Photoshop or MS Paint? You can copy and paste assets around to create identical copies where ever you want. How on earth would someone accidentally screw that up? These character renders are professionally made. I don't think they'd forget how to copy/paste Kirby's box without screwing up the lines.
There are ways to debunk leaks but the whole "this pixel or this detail is slightly off" isn't the best way to do it. That method simply tries to find a small stain on the giant white sheet and ignores all of the other convincing factors.
You do know that the Line Thickness is a Glitch that happens on the 3DS Right?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Okay, one thing I'm a bit confused about is why would somebody risk losing their job and getting sued just to leak Smash Bros. a month early? I'm not sure if you guys remember, but when X and Y copies were sold by accident and leaks started coming out, some of the stores that sold them were permanently shut down. I think for place, the whole company was shut down. Nintendo takes this **** seriously, they hate leaks.
Exactly, another reason this could be fake.
Why would someone risk their job, and possibly even their money, just to leak something?

Last edited:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I kind of wonder about this as well. According to the ESRB's site, review groups can be as small as three people. I doubt it would take a huge amount of effort to find out who was responsible. I admit that there's a fair bit going for the leak so far, but it seems strange that someone would leak images that can so easily be traced back to them. Especially since getting caught (which they almost certainly will if Nintendo pursues the matter) will probably mean getting blacklisted by the games industry.

Source on the ESRB thing: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I find this leak BS. the clones aren't even near their actual series smh

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Privacy doesn't even matter anymore with everything being "leaked". The Mods should just give away the information.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I kind of wonder about this as well. According to the ESRB's site, review groups can be as small as three people. I doubt it would take a huge amount of effort to find out who was responsible. I admit that there's a fair bit going for the leak so far, but it seems strange that someone would leak images that can so easily be traced back to them. Especially since getting caught (which they almost certainly will if Nintendo pursues the matter) will probably mean getting blacklisted by the games industry.

Source on the ESRB thing: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp
there's a theory that someone just put ESRB there to throw off the actual trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom