• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Gah. The disbelievers are giving me a headache. I can't fathom how desperation over a game roster could make a person so delusional. I hope to Sakurai that the next reveal is soon (and not of a newcomer not pictured in the leak... then again, that would be cool too!)

MinjoJinjo

Smash Rookie
The only thing that really makes me doubt that it's real is Yoshi's placement. I get that while you unlock characters the lineup changes, but that first line of characters see complete. I could never see Sakurai wedging a character from a different series in between characters from the same series. I mean say you start the game with the first line of characters being Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and Wario. As soon as you unlock Rosalina, do you really think she would be placed after Yoshi? Didn't Sakurai say Luigi was normally a secret character but decided to show him off early anyway? Luigi is still probably going to be unlockable yet his placement seems normal. Same goes for most of the other characters, except Shulk. His placement still doesn't make much sense, however I could see his changing as another charcter gets unlocked.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
The whole Greninja thing before X and Y was released reminds me so much of the Ness' shirt fight. "It's been the same for everything else why would they get rid of the foam?" I'll admit I acted the same way, but I'm going to say I'm neutral on this. Right now I'm leaning towards real. The only character that matters to me is Ness

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
If I recall correctly, the Ice Climbers polar bear was already shown, so he will appear in smash 4. It would be strange to have him without Ice Climbers. This and the other things said about the leaks credibility makes me seriously doubt it.
And it was also the first and only PotD to get taken down. Supposedly because at that time IC was still considered playable, after IC got the axe they took down the PotD and probably removed the Polar Bear

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the thing about the Koopalings being BowJr's alts is true. Just the idea of being able to main Iggy is straight up wonderful. He's my favourite character in MK8 as well.

The thought of Mario having over 15 reps playable in Smash is funny as well.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Gah. The disbelievers are giving me a headache. I can't fathom how desperation over a game roster could make a person so delusional. I hope to Sakurai that the next reveal is soon (and not of a newcomer not pictured in the leak... then again, that would be cool too!)
It's post like this of why I want Sakurai to deconfirm this. Calling one side delusional just because we have different thoughts.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
This whole hidden hints in trailers, of course if they were in fact intentional then they are meant to be hidden. Especially the Duck in Robin's and Lucina's Trailer, if he made it too obvious we'd catch on real quick. He could be throwing us a bone and giving us special hints to find or it wasn't intentional, however with so many things spotted in these trailers along with the fact the correlate perfectly (Well Ridley who knows still...) to the leak that has transpired... You be the judge.

If anyone gives a crap on where I stand on this, as bad as I want certain people in my Signature I would be very satisfied with this roster as our final roster (a little upset for lack of Wolf for certain reasons and a tad upset Ice Climbers will be gone since they are such a unique character team to play as). I have as of now 6 new characters I'm itching to try and if this leak holds 7! I certainly have gotten lucky and I'm counting my blessings. With all this evidence I'm 90% certain that this is the real deal so I guess you could put me on #TeamReal. I am aware we could get a game changer at any time though so who knows until a character is revealed.

EDIT: I hope to goodness though that Shulk is not cloney, the way he's placed has me worried.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wait, did you make it?
Looks really similar to generations... But you never know
I didn't make it, but it's not any official art from SEGA, that's for sure. I mean, I think you just proved my point that it looks similar to Generations renders, which basically shows that one person can make renders that look a good as the renders from an actual gaming company. People on SmashBoards act like making a render of a character is the most difficult thing on the planet, but people do it all day. Heck, half of the people who do Brawl modding make clean, sexy renders that look like they were just made by Sakurai and his team for Brawl!

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
It's post like this of why I want Sakurai to deconfirm this. Calling one side delusional just because we have different thoughts.
Posts like that come from both sides of the fence. People are insecure in their belief so they must try to convince or belittle others in order to feel more secure.

There is no reason for anyone to make sweeping generalizations, form insults, or act in any sort of uncivil manner. There is enough evidence for anyone to believe this leak, and enough doubt for anyone to disbelieve it. Further, this is information regarding a video game, not foreign policy. While we all love the video game, there's no reason to be a jerk about it.

And finally, the game comes out in Japan in a few short weeks, so we'll know everything by then ANYWAY. Just relax, enjoy the ride.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I didn't make it, but it's not any official art from SEGA, that's for sure. I mean, I think you just proved my point that it looks similar to Generations renders, which basically shows that one person can make renders that look a good as the renders from an actual gaming company. People on SmashBoards act like making a render of a character is the most difficult thing on the planet, but people do it all day. Heck, half of the people who do Brawl modding make clean, sexy renders that look like they were just made by Sakurai and his team for Brawl!
Very true, but there are some errors in the whites of the eye. But it still looks nice

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Why do people keep saying Mach rider is likely? I know that some others such as dixie and mewtwo are because this may not be the final roster, but Mach Rider?

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
People were saying exactly this before, until it turned out that Chrom might only get his chance another day.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Hmm I may only be me but I'm getting a Magicant Vibe from the Pink Stage in the Stage Select Honestly :p

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that really makes me doubt that it's real is Yoshi's placement. I get that while you unlock characters the lineup changes, but that first line of characters see complete. I could never see Sakurai wedging a character from a different series in between characters from the same series. I mean say you start the game with the first line of characters being Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and Wario. As soon as you unlock Rosalina, do you really think she would be placed after Yoshi? Didn't Sakurai say Luigi was normally a secret character but decided to show him off early anyway? Luigi is still probably going to be unlockable yet his placement seems normal. Same goes for most of the other characters, except Shulk. His placement still doesn't make much sense, however I could see his changing as another charcter gets unlocked.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
This has already been brought up. We have multiple sources saying not all characters unlocked yet, but Yoshi could still be there as it's Sakurai so you never know...

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
This has already been brought up. We have multiple sources saying not all characters unlocked yet, but Yoshi could still be there as it's Sakurai so you never know...
What he's saying is that until all characters are unlocked, the Melee and Brawl roster didn't have series line up like that.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

At least this leak is better than Gematsu :p
Btw, my friend said why it's fake:
>Dr. Mario
>Dark Pit? Now I want Dark Link and Dark Toon Link
>What the f*** is a Shulk?
>What's Wario's problem?
>DR. MARIO
It's fake guys, you can trust him!

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I think it's Saturn Valley.
Keep in mind there is in area in EarthBound that's called... wait for it... Pink Cloud.

And while I shouldn't have lumped *everyone* in my last post, time and again I see people bring up a point, it gets shot down... and yet they either refuse to believe it or simply cannot see the point in anything else but there own example. It's like cherry picking and confirmation bias at its strongest--it's almost scary.

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
And it was also the first and only PotD to get taken down. Supposedly because at that time IC was still considered playable, after IC got the axe they took down the PotD and probably removed the Polar Bear
Actually, from what I know, the polar bear appears as a smash run enemy. Why would he appear if we don't have Ice Climbers?

And they still kept the polar bear picture in the official facebook site of Smash, so they definetly haven´t removed the polar bear.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I'm #TeamReal because of the Famitsu thing, that really pulled me over along with the renders. Also the #TeamFake side's arguments are very similar to the X and Y arguments against the leaks that ended up being true for it (Hawlucha and Greninja leaks). This also happened with legit leaks that happened for SSBB and SSBM iirc.

However no matter what, it's best to be skeptical. We won't know if they're 100% real or fake till the game is released.
Same here... a lot of what has happened on the site has reminded me of the X and Y Leak. I am not 100% sure this is real but i am leaning towards Real

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind there is in area in EarthBound that's called... wait for it... Pink Cloud.
Really? It's legitly called that? I think it could be Magicant or whatever it's called from Mother but I know ZERO about Mother/Earthbound other than Smash Bros Speculation and the fact apparently Lucas from Mother 3 has a really sad and touching story. Please don't spoil it though I swear I'll get around to seeing a play through or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom