• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
King Dedede and Dark Pit are villains now?
This
Antagonist does not equal villain. Sure Dedede is selfish and greedy, but he's not a villain. The times where dedede was the antagonist, he was mostly brainwashed. The other time he stole food. gg.
The only thing that dedede was a true villain in was the kirby anime. That dude wanted to flat out kill kirby in there

D

Deleted member

Another problem I have with this leak, why would Bowser Jr. only fight in that Koopa Car? We've seen him fight plenty times without it before.
Because the koopa clown car is a creative choice for him to fight in and no one else would have a style like him

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If this is the case I could see him being like Snake. Heavier, focused on projectiles and "traps," with an awesome recovery. Not as hot tho :(
Oh man, how HILARIOUS would it be if he actually stole most of Snake's move set?

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
If I was an employee for a company as large as ESRB, and I was brave/stupid enough to think I could leak things at all, I'm still pretty certain I would leave the ESRB bit out. It's a really, really stupid mistake not to. I don't think a leaker who knows it could potentially cost him his job and a bunch of other legal issues would be that careless unless they were outright stupid. I really don't believe that. I'm trying to give the leaker a little bit of credit and integrity, just a little. Because otherwise he'd have zippo integrity or intelligence.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity, be it of the one or of the many.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I see a lot of people make that mistake. No worried, it's just bugging me that people are like "gegehbehbheg fake because (already countered reason)" My bad for being testy.
Oh not at all, I feel like I was being a little hostile as well.

I just read the second post over, and admittedly I paraphrased a lot of it, but I didn't see anything about how the background color for characters isn't consistent. Although this seems to be reaching, it did stand out to me. Here is a (rather large) image of all four CSS screens together, and labelled!!

EDIT: Literaly just realized that in the demos,the background colors were probably different too. Carry on! Use the picture as a reference or for comparisons to previous games though

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Haven't played Uprising, so I assumed Dark Pit was a villain.
He's a sometimes friendly sometimes not rival, think of Bass in Megaman.

He was created as a mirror reflection of Pit to be used as an agent of the Under World Army, but it turns out that Pit's defining characteristic isn't being "good" (so Dark Pit wasn't "evil") it's actually his loyalty (so Dark Pit refuses to take orders from anyone.)

So, I guess he could be considered a villain of sorts... more then Metaknight anyway.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played Uprising, so I assumed Dark Pit was a villain.
He's more so a neutral party in the game with a friendly rivalry with Pit. His main conflict in the game (aside from Pit) is that he's dissatisfied by the Gods/Goddesses' wars and how they disrupt/destroy the lives of the mortals.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
when was this confirmed? I never saw a pic saying she's light.

I'm sure being the mother of the entire universe is a heavy burden.
I honestly believe he may have just been talking about her movement in the air - I've seen some footage of Rosalina surviving some pretty nasty attacks at high percentages, and having played her at the Best Buy demo, I gotta say she felt very... odd. Jumping around and moving through the air seriously felt like I was controlling a character of about Ike weight, but with weird floaty jumps like Ness. It was strange, and she definitely felt heavy. She could be light of course, but I do have to wonder based on what I've experienced.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As an aside, this reminds me of Gamatsu. People want it to be real so much so that they will twist facts in their heads. They will see things that aren't there and ignore things that are.

I talked about confirmation bias with the Gamatsu leak. Basically, people wanted to believe it was real so they specifically found evidence that supported it and rationalized or ignored key issues with it. This was from day 1. Even after it was confirmed to be fake, people still believed it was real and he just made a mistake.

This is the same situation. We have at least 3 images that show it is fake because the are exactly (not close, but exactly) like other images and someone photoshopped a roster. We have tons of other inconsistencies. Heck, it's a blurry tilted image with no gameplay footage. But people wont believe it. They are making the EXACT same mistake as they did with gamatsu. And they will do it again, and again, and again.

Leaks are fake until proven real. Not the other way around. People need to get some sense. I suggest for those who think it's fake, just leave the thread alone. Let the hopefuls sit and discuss every facet of it. The evidence points to it being fake and that's is what will win in the end. Trying to convince these people it's fake is like teaching a pig to sing. It waste your time and it annoys the pig.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

He was created as a mirror reflection of Pit to be used as an agent of the Under World Army, but it turns out that Pit's defining characteristic isn't being "good" (so Dark Pit wasn't "evil") it's actually his loyalty (so Dark Pit refuses to take orders from anyone.)

So, I guess he could be considered a villain of sorts... more then Metaknight anyway.
Eh to me, He just has a different morality than the other characters in the game. Not really a "villain" as he doesn't do anything morally evil.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun

kylexv

Smash Master
I've read all these comments. I get the Dark Pit idea.
But I don't want to get in a debate about Dedede. But Dedede is SEEN as the main antagonist of the series.

Just ignore my post. I get it now.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Meta Knight isn't really a villain, he's only there to make sure Kirby doesn't do dumb **** and mess everything up. He's pretty much always been there to try and stop Kirby from, like, letting the final boss actually come out of whatever it's shoved into (Nightmare, Daroach, etc) but he always gets his *** kicked by Kirby. That's why in the anime he's always there whenever Kirby is in major trouble, or that he helps Kirby in Return to Dream Land.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

I just read the second post over, and admittedly I paraphrased a lot of it, but I didn't see anything about how the background color for characters isn't consistent. Although this seems to be reaching, it did stand out to me. Here is a (rather large) image of all four CSS screens together, and labelled!!

EDIT: Literaly just realized that in the demos,the background colors were probably different too. Carry on! Use the picture as a reference or for comparisons to previous games though
The fox background was changed on the back of the box, if I remember correctly. Someone pointed that out. Point was that fox is correct now.

If someone can find me the image of the box, I'll update the post with the fox background colour info.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of villains, you missed one. Play NES for like three minutes and then try to tell me the Duck Hunt Dog isn't evil.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I'd say the hand is a huge component in proving it fake. There's plenty of other things that I think are more convincing. Not claiming either way, still, though I do still lean towards fake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As an aside, this reminds me of Gamatsu. People want it to be real so much so that they will twist facts in their heads. They will see things that aren't there and ignore things that are.

I talked about confirmation bias with the Gamatsu leak. Basically, people wanted to believe it was real so they specifically found evidence that supported it and rationalized or ignored key issues with it. This was from day 1. Even after it was confirmed to be fake, people still believed it was real and he just made a mistake.

This is the same situation. We have at least 3 images that show it is fake because the are exactly (not close, but exactly) like other images and someone photoshopped a roster. We have tons of other inconsistencies. Heck, it's a blurry tilted image with no gameplay footage. But people wont believe it. They are making the EXACT same mistake as they did with gamatsu. And they will do it again, and again, and again.

Leaks are fake until proven real. Not the other way around. People need to get some sense. I suggest for those who think it's fake, just leave the thread alone. Let the hopefuls sit and discuss every facet of it. The evidence points to it being fake and that's is what will win in the end. Trying to convince these people it's fake is like teaching a pig to sing. It waste your time and it annoys the pig.
Dude, I'm not saying it's real, but you aren't even using any of the better arguments against it. The supposed models use to discredit it look nothing like the actual renders. ESPECIALLY the Wario one.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I agree and disagree. Anyone who are convinced this leak is fake should probably leave, though I think this is also true for people who are convinced this leak is real. There is really no point in being here if nothing will convince you either way. Especially since the people on either side who are 100% bring up the worst, most pathetic arguments and present them as 100% facts.

With that said, SmashChu, I'm assuming we won't be seeing you again.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

I love how you can so distinctly see the theme in these CSS. Smash64 was the first, so it's definitely the oddball, but the fire is very indicative of a fighting game and contrasts well with Nintendo's best.

Melee was very dark, heavy, and intense. Even the characters looked like heavy figures. The backgrounds of the character squares almost look like garage doors in a fight club-et way.

Brawl was more aerial and light (and lighthearted), and the pale blue sets this mood.

Smash 4, from the beginning, was marketed as having bold visuals. The CSS looks like a comic book/pop art and could definitely be classified as "bold." I love it!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The fox background was changed on the back of the box, if I remember correctly. Someone pointed that out. Point was that fox is correct now.

If someone can find me the image of the box, I'll update the post with the fox background colour info.
I can post an image of the retail card, if you like. The one found in this link
is what I'm referring to

P.S. Feel free to use that CSS image I posted in the second post of this thread as well if you find it useful

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I love how you can so distinctly see the theme in these CSS. Smash64 was the first, so it's definitely the oddball, but the fire is very indicative of a fighting game and contrasts well with Nintendo's best.

Melee was very dark, heavy, and intense. Even the characters looked like heavy figures. The backgrounds of the character squares almost look like garage doors in a fight club-et way.

Brawl was more aerial and light (and lighthearted), and the pale blue sets this mood.

Smash 4, from the beginning, was marketed as having bold visuals. The CSS looks like a comic book/pop art and could definitely be classified as "bold." I love it!
Hey, that is pretty neat.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman

Stop acting entitled and "above everyone" else. This is a thread to discuss the leak. Don't belittle people who want to discuss something. I don't care how big your ego is, take it somewhere else.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm still on the fence about this whole thing. I just want the bickering to stop, and for the real slim shady to please stand up... I mean, for the real roster to surface to either confirm or disconfirm this mess. I was originally wanting to avoid all spoilers, but that's not an option anymore. I NEED to know.

(side note: I'd be cool with this roster, but the exclusions are kinda odd. And that picture of Wario is God-awful. It may just be the poor quality, but he just looks so bad, I can't help but continue to doubt.)

(another side note: I was usually pretty neutral toward Bowser, Jr., but now I'll actually be kinda bummed if he's not really in. Koopa Klown Kar full-time moveset? Koopalings alts? I'd actually be really down for that.)

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
ok I'm gonna steer away from this now, I'll be back when we get either the final nail on the head, or the final evidence to the trial
But for now we are hardly getting anything new or concrete.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if you've seen this but i found it on the smash reddit

http://imgur.com/VB902x1

Embedding the pic doesn't seem to work so I'll leave a link, the pic just shows a comparison between the customisation menu from the leak and a menu from the e3 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom