• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

domriver

Smash Lord
This new leak is fake. The obvious dead give away is the Wario's messed up picture *pupil missing* along with Mr. Game and Watch's hands over lapping. Also Duck Hunt isn't his name Peppers or Pepper? The CSS screen I believe is fake. The STAGE picture leak. I can't be sure. But even if that is accurate that no way makes the CSS true. Moving on.......

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
This new leak is fake. The obvious dead give away is the Wario's messed up picture *pupil missing* along with Mr. Game and Watch's hands over lapping. Also Duck Hunt isn't his name Peppers or Pepper? The CSS screen I believe is fake. The STAGE picture leak. I can't be sure. But even if that is accurate that no way makes the CSS true. Moving on.......
Read the second post in this thread before posting.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
We've been over this kind of crap A MILLION TIMES...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
*facepalm* Read the second post. Please.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Dunno if you've seen this but i found it on the smash reddit

http://imgur.com/VB902x1

Embedding the pic doesn't seem to work so I'll leave a link, the pic just shows a comparison between the customisation menu from the leak and a menu from the e3 trailer
I feel like I need context for this photo, but it doesn't really add any information, even if it's new.

Now that I have returned, please leave the "2nd post directing" to me. This keeps the page from cluttering up every time someone rehashes old ideas.

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Ugh and it is these kind of posts that make me regret coming to this thread.

Random person posts "points" about the illegitimacy of the leak that have been discussed 100000 times and assures us its 100% fake.

Please at least TRY to read some of the thread before you post, there is no point discussing the same things over and over again.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
We've known that this is the general layout for menus since he showed us the menu choosing between "For Fun" and "For Glory," though, so the knowledge of what the menus would look like would already be known to someone attempting to make a fake leak, so it doesn't really prove anything conclusive either way.

EDIT: YUCK, did I really say "menu's?" :cry: fixed

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Ohh, I thought it was a brand new leak. It's just a picture from E3. I couldn't remember if it was new or not.

I can add it to the list, but I don't know if it really tells us anything. At this point it's 100% confirmed that IF it is fake, the faker did his homework. This is just more evidence of that.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
As an aside, this reminds me of Gamatsu. People want it to be real so much so that they will twist facts in their heads. They will see things that aren't there and ignore things that are.

I talked about confirmation bias with the Gamatsu leak. Basically, people wanted to believe it was real so they specifically found evidence that supported it and rationalized or ignored key issues with it. This was from day 1. Even after it was confirmed to be fake, people still believed it was real and he just made a mistake.

This is the same situation. We have at least 3 images that show it is fake because the are exactly (not close, but exactly) like other images and someone photoshopped a roster. We have tons of other inconsistencies. Heck, it's a blurry tilted image with no gameplay footage. But people wont believe it. They are making the EXACT same mistake as they did with gamatsu. And they will do it again, and again, and again.

Leaks are fake until proven real. Not the other way around. People need to get some sense. I suggest for those who think it's fake, just leave the thread alone. Let the hopefuls sit and discuss every facet of it. The evidence points to it being fake and that's is what will win in the end. Trying to convince these people it's fake is like teaching a pig to sing. It waste your time and it annoys the pig.
Okay your posts are pissing me off. Stop acting like you have such high authority and that you have any sort of intelligence. You make the most terrible points and none of them mean utter crap.

Second of all, you have brought up no proof whatsoever, and proved yourself to be even stupider by deciding not to read the post that @ Joalro Joalro or whatever made. Seriously, what 3 images prove it is fake?!?

If you really do think it's fake, answer me this: On the stage select, look at the Paper Mario stage. It is a COMPLETELY different angle from the POTD, the only possible way they could've done that was by recreating the stage just for a different angle. Oh, what's that, not enough? Fair enough. Well then, take a look at this. This shows that the stage select picture for Tomodachi Life stage was taken of a room that didn't even exist until yesterday. Unless you want to go on about "dur hur confirmation bias sur smurt", you have no right even ACT LIKE you have any authority.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I didnt - I just went to the last page to give my two cents and I just read it makes it even more convincing its fake. ejej
I am aware of what you did. And there is no way you read the 2nd post. I wrote it and trust me, you did not read it that quickly.

I don't care if you believe the leak or not, either case can be true at this point. But coming in to rehash old points gets in the way of real conversations.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Okay your posts are pissing me off. Stop acting like you have such high authority and that you have any sort of intelligence. You make the most terrible points and none of them mean utter crap.

Second of all, you have brought up no proof whatsoever, and proved yourself to be even stupider by deciding not to read the post that @ Joalro Joalro or whatever made. Seriously, what 3 images prove it is fake?!?

If you really do think it's fake, answer me this: On the stage select, look at the Paper Mario stage. It is a COMPLETELY different angle from the POTD, the only possible way they could've done that was by recreating the stage just for a different angle. Oh, what's that, not enough? Fair enough. Well then, take a look at this. This shows that the stage select picture for Tomodachi Life stage was taken of a room that didn't even exist until yesterday. Unless you want to go on about "dur hur confirmation bias sur smurt", you have no right even ACT LIKE you have any authority.
Please don't engage in debate with him. He knows all this. He has been for a while back, but he is set in his ways. He sees what he wishes to, and that's fine. Don't let him derail the thread.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Because SmashBoard will believe any and every leak. During Brawl, there was a lot more reasonable skepticism and if something was debunked, it was dead. No questions asked. Now, you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that its fake in an age where it is very easy to use photoshop. Heck, even after clear cut evidence that Shulk, Dr. Mario and Wario renders were taken from other sources, people STILL believe it's real. The ONLY thing people have been hanging onto is a Famitsu scan that looks kind of similar to a small blurry box.

The leak is dead.
  • It is FACT that Shulk's render is identical to Little Mac
  • It is FACT that Dr. Mario's render is identical to an official Nintendo render of Mario
  • It is FACT that Wario is based on screenshots from the Subspace Emissary
  • The leaker misspelled "disable"
  • The laurel is incorrect in one pic
  • The pictures are inconsistent
  • Ness is inconsistent will ALL of his models and artwork.
  • Yoshi splits the Mario cats which is inconsistent from ALL Smash Brothers games
  • The lines in the select screen are not properly aligned
  • It is FACT that the ESRB does not play games and instead gets videos so the game could not leak from there
  • The character backgrounds are different than the E3 Demo and the official 3DS trailer
  • There are "KO" when KOs are 0, which is inconsistent with ALL other Smash Brothers games and the E3 Demo
  • There are no names under the character's portraits which is inconsistent with ALL Smash Brothers games and both the 3DS and Wii U demos
  • Mr Game and Watch's model is different that what was shown in the Pac-Man trailer.
  • CPU characters have colored backgrounds which is inconsistent with ALL Smash Brothers games and the 3DS and Wii U demos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M9ZgS3GT0I&list=PL1ZckmCN92YsMyigw1Py-lIlrbZqxjMNz
oh sorry if I was not clear on my wording I agree with you this leak is fake and its total photoshop bull **** so ya **** leaks and sorry for making you write all that because of my poor wording

domriver

Smash Lord
I am aware of what you did. And there is no way you read the 2nd post. I wrote it and trust me, you did not read it that quickly.

I don't care if you believe the leak or not, either case can be true at this point. But coming in to rehash old points gets in the way of real conversations.
I skimed through it. But I can't disregard that a finished product would have errors as in stated in the "2nd post of this thread." Fake If that is the real deal. Nintendo should fire the CSS designer. its ugly and unprofessional.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Sorry, I was out.

I'm aware that the evidence conflicts with things like what MasterLink said, so my goal when when writing the post was to just have my evidence added to the list of things going against the leak. That would keep my opinion out of it.

However, now I guess for people to take it seriously I need to address how it conflicts with MasterLinkX

I'm going to go through what MasterLinkX claims, but it is really hard to phrase, so I'm going to call the leak that this thread is made to discuss Leak A and the 'leak' that MasterLinkX has supposedly constructed Leak B. MasterLinkX says he was aware of the leak beforehand and was planning to construct Leak B, a photoshop that makes Leak A look fake, from a mixture of various photos constructed together and then mixed, using photoshop, with the original Leak A. MasterLinkX could then claim that Leak A was fabricated from Leak B, as he planned to post Leak B before anyone else posted Leak A, thus making us think that Leak A is false when it supposedly isn't. However, he says that the real leaker unfortunately posted Leak A before masterlink finished with leak B, foiling his plan.

A detail that some of you may not know of is that MasterLinkX posted in the Shulk support thread that he spent 50 hours constructing Leak B.

What is off about this explanation is MasterLinkX's motive. He is a large supporter of Shulk, so it is strange that he would want to deceive everyone, specifically fellow Shulk supporters, into believing that this leak is fake when it isn't (according to him). His motivation would have to be really strong to place 50 hours of work into this, keeping in mind how long 50 hours of work really is.

A motive that makes more sense is that the motive he described was made up in order to help improve the leak's standing.

Let's look at some facts:
-MasterLinkX is skilled with photoshop
-MasterLinkX is a known Brawl Modder, having made several successful Brawl textures. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=1499
-MasterLinkX was also the one to bring those three in-game images to our attention and is the only person I have seen to have claimed to have seen the gamefaqs thread and video they came from.
This places MasterLinkX as the most likely person to have done the fabrications I talk about in my analysis.

He has the brawl modding experience to replace Ike's model in-game so that he can take a picture of it, as well as the capability to use Brawl Box to move the bones around and make that superman pose. He has the photoshop experience to then make the described changes such as the Monado on Shulk's back (while in-game), the 'RED TEAM' text, the CSS on the bottom screen, and the red background behind Shulk. Finally, he is the one who linked us to these pics and the thread on gamefaqs, a thread which cannot be viewed.

What do you guys think about this? It doesn't feel right to be accusing another Smashboards user and Shulk supporter, but for the sake of truth I'm willing to look passed that.
I believe he already admitted to faking the victory screen.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I skimed through it. But I can't disregard that a finished product would have errors as in stated in the "2nd post of this thread." Fake If that is the real deal. Nintendo should fire the CSS designer. its ugly and unprofessional.
That's one man's opinion. Personally, I adore the design. I think having the clones in their own section is a good idea, and the general structure is sound.

What both our opinions have in common is that neither make that picture any more or less legitimate.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'll be pretty disappointed if it's true. Not really for the roster, except the exclusion of Ice Climbers and Lucas sucks, but as GameXplain pointed out, the CSS looks disgustingly bland and boring.

The character renders for Shulk, Duck Hunt, Ness, and Dark Pit look fantastic though even if they are fake. Kudos to the faker. Sucks that Wario's and Ganondorf's look like ass.

Yeah, I believe it's fake. I don't believe anything true until it's proven 100%. We'll just have to see with the next character reveal.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sorry, I was out.

I'm aware that the evidence conflicts with things like what MasterLink said, so my goal when when writing the post was to just have my evidence added to the list of things going against the leak. That would keep my opinion out of it.

However, now I guess for people to take it seriously I need to address how it conflicts with MasterLinkX

I'm going to go through what MasterLinkX claims, but it is really hard to phrase, so I'm going to call the leak that this thread is made to discuss Leak A and the 'leak' that MasterLinkX has supposedly constructed Leak B. MasterLinkX says he was aware of the leak beforehand and was planning to construct Leak B, a photoshop that makes Leak A look fake, from a mixture of various photos constructed together and then mixed, using photoshop, with the original Leak A. MasterLinkX could then claim that Leak A was fabricated from Leak B, as he planned to post Leak B before anyone else posted Leak A, thus making us think that Leak A is false when it supposedly isn't. However, he says that the real leaker unfortunately posted Leak A before masterlink finished with leak B, foiling his plan.

A detail that some of you may not know of is that MasterLinkX posted in the Shulk support thread that he spent 50 hours constructing Leak B.

What is off about this explanation is MasterLinkX's motive. He is a large supporter of Shulk, so it is strange that he would want to deceive everyone, specifically fellow Shulk supporters, into believing that this leak is fake when it isn't (according to him). His motivation would have to be really strong to place 50 hours of work into this, keeping in mind how long 50 hours of work really is.

A motive that makes more sense is that the motive he described was made up in order to help improve the leak's standing.

Let's look at some facts:
-MasterLinkX is skilled with photoshop
-MasterLinkX is a known Brawl Modder, having made several successful Brawl textures. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=1499
-MasterLinkX was also the one to bring those three in-game images to our attention and is the only person I have seen to have claimed to have seen the gamefaqs thread and video they came from.
This places MasterLinkX as the most likely person to have done the fabrications I talk about in my analysis.

He has the brawl modding experience to replace Ike's model in-game so that he can take a picture of it, as well as the capability to use Brawl Box to move the bones around and make that superman pose. He has the photoshop experience to then make the described changes such as the Monado on Shulk's back (while in-game), the 'RED TEAM' text, the CSS on the bottom screen, and the red background behind Shulk. Finally, he is the one who linked us to these pics and the thread on gamefaqs, a thread which cannot be viewed.

What do you guys think about this? It doesn't feel right to be accusing another Smashboards user and Shulk supporter, but for the sake of truth I'm willing to look passed that.

Are we sure this isn't some elaborate weaving of a detective plot for future publication? The evidence is layed out, multiple parties involved with this leak, a suspect, a possible motive, everything. You can't make this **** up even if you tried.

Seriously, this just keeps getting better and better. :joyful:

domriver

Smash Lord
That's one man's opinion. Personally, I adore the design. I think having the clones in their own section is a good idea, and the general structure is sound.

What both our opinions have in common is that neither make that picture any more or less legitimate.
The design and where characters are don't bother me. What bothers me is Wario, Game and Watch , and Bowser Jr all have a problem. A finished product wouldn't have those errors. Everything else in that CSS seems fine. Personally I don't mind Bower Jr and Peppers.

D

Deleted member

I believe he already admitted to faking the victory screen.
Can you give us a link to the post? I've been following this link almost every second since it started a couple days ago and I never saw that. He confessed to making a fake Shulk off of the leaked one to kill the leak before it spread, but that was all I saw.
Wasn't those 3 "gameplay" and victory screens meant for throwing us off the leak or admitting they were fake?
Pretty sure all he was going to do was make it look like the Shulk portrait came from Smash
boards. I never heard anything about him faking other screens.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Are we sure this isn't some elaborate weaving of a detective plot for future publication? The evidence is layed out, multiple parties involved with this leak, a suspect, a possible motive, everything. You can't make this **** up even if you tried.

Just about exactly what I was thinking. :laugh:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

Yeah, honestly, I don't care if this turns out to be real or not. We'll find out in 3 weeks anyway.

I'm just enjoying the ride.

Mewter

Smash Master
@SmashChu
"Leaks" aren't by default true or false. Anyone making a claim about either has to present evidence.
Also, of what you presented, only some are valid. And of those none of them conclusively prove the leaks false.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
What bothers me is Wario, Game and Watch , and Bowser Jr all have a problem. A finished product wouldn't have those errors. Everything else in that CSS seems fine. Personally I don't mind Bower Jr and Peppers.
What problem does Bowser Jr. have? Also, the name you are thinking of is "Mr. Peepers," but it is not official in any way, nor has it ever been; it is merely a fan name.
Can you give us a link to the post? I've been following this link almost every second since it started a couple days ago and I never saw that. He confessed to making a fake Shulk off of the leaked one to kill the leak before it spread, but that was all I saw.

Pretty sure all he was going to do was make it look like the Shulk portrait came from Smash
boards. I never heard anything about him faking other screens.
There is no link because, like you said, all he faked was a version of Shulk's character portrait. His comment on the Shulk battle screenshots was that he did not know if they were real or not.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Yeah, honestly, I don't care if this turns out to be real or not. We'll find out in 3 weeks anyway.

I'm just enjoying the ride.
It really is hilarious isn't it? It's also a blast to participate in. Plus, if you choose the right side, you have bragging rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom