• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Sorry, I was out.

I'm aware that the evidence conflicts with things like what MasterLink said, so my goal when when writing the post was to just have my evidence added to the list of things going against the leak. That would keep my opinion out of it.

However, now I guess for people to take it seriously I need to address how it conflicts with MasterLinkX

I'm going to go through what MasterLinkX claims, but it is really hard to phrase, so I'm going to call the leak that this thread is made to discuss Leak A and the 'leak' that MasterLinkX has supposedly constructed Leak B. MasterLinkX says he was aware of the leak beforehand and was planning to construct Leak B, a photoshop that makes Leak A look fake, from a mixture of various photos constructed together and then mixed, using photoshop, with the original Leak A. MasterLinkX could then claim that Leak A was fabricated from Leak B, as he planned to post Leak B before anyone else posted Leak A, thus making us think that Leak A is false when it supposedly isn't. However, he says that the real leaker unfortunately posted Leak A before masterlink finished with leak B, foiling his plan.

A detail that some of you may not know of is that MasterLinkX posted in the Shulk support thread that he spent 50 hours constructing Leak B.

What is off about this explanation is MasterLinkX's motive. He is a large supporter of Shulk, so it is strange that he would want to deceive everyone, specifically fellow Shulk supporters, into believing that this leak is fake when it isn't (according to him). His motivation would have to be really strong to place 50 hours of work into this, keeping in mind how long 50 hours of work really is.

A motive that makes more sense is that the motive he described was made up in order to help improve the leak's standing.

Let's look at some facts:
-MasterLinkX is skilled with photoshop
-MasterLinkX is a known Brawl Modder, having made several successful Brawl textures. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=1499
-MasterLinkX was also the one to bring those three in-game images to our attention and is the only person I have seen to have claimed to have seen the gamefaqs thread and video they came from.
This places MasterLinkX as the most likely person to have done the fabrications I talk about in my analysis.

He has the brawl modding experience to replace Ike's model in-game so that he can take a picture of it, as well as the capability to use Brawl Box to move the bones around and make that superman pose. He has the photoshop experience to then make the described changes such as the Monado on Shulk's back (while in-game), the 'RED TEAM' text, the CSS on the bottom screen, and the red background behind Shulk. Finally, he is the one who linked us to these pics and the thread on gamefaqs, a thread which cannot be viewed.

What do you guys think about this? It doesn't feel right to be accusing another Smashboards user and Shulk supporter, but for the sake of truth I'm willing to look passed that.
I don't actually see anything that contradicts MasterLinkX's story, except maybe him saying he spent 50 hours on it seeming a bit much. If his story is accurate, he doesn't need to prove or disprove Shulk, since he knows 100% that he's in, so it wouldn't matter. What he would be attempting to do is help out a friend. In EITHER case, 50 hours seems like a stretch, but whether he's helping a friend or making something up completely, he might be equally motivated.

You analysis brings up a bunch of questions. In particular the lighting error on the cheek. I don't see how it makes sense that he spent 50 hours on the fake, as WELL as making use of the brawl mods. That seems like a contradiction.

I'm all around confused, and I'm not sure how to progress in terms of adding this to the front page.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm not joinig any side this leak is all BS to me.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The design and where characters are don't bother me. What bothers me is Wario, Game and Watch , and Bowser Jr all have a problem. A finished product wouldn't have those errors. Everything else in that CSS seems fine. Personally I don't mind Bower Jr and Peppers.
So how is it so hard to believe that what was shown to the ESRB wasn't the finished product? They'll be bug squashing/QA'ing/adding last minute art assets to the game down to the wire, the end of the wire being sometime within the next week and a half or so. It doesn't take long for them to print the game and get it shipped out.

Considering that the consensus and supplied evidence is that this information is almost a month old, I'd say that a lot of what we see in the pictures from the leak are all from a build that's, well, not finished. It certainly explains a lot of things, anyway.

The finished product will likely be organized, sharper and more interesting to look at.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
I really hate to argue online and I don't want to come across as a jerk. I'm leaning slightly towards #teamreal, but I'm also pretty sure MASTERLINKX has no actual information. I don't mean this as a personal attack, he already admitted to putting out fake information and I'd be a hypocrite to call him out on that because I totally faked a leak on 4chan at one point.

Let me go over my problems with what we've heard from him and about him so far.

MASTERLINKX is a Brawl modder and a damn good one at that. If anyone could do a fake leak, with out any previous material to work off of, it would be him. He could be completely unrelated to any of this and just hopped in because he could (and I'd totally do the same thing if I could convince people).

He has admitted to faking, but to "protect jobs".

MASTERLINKX: The Third spoiler, who gave us the battle scenes. Claims to have faked the battle scenes, but based on real leaked images. Was attempting to discredit the leak and throw people off the scent in order to save people's jobs.
  1. Who will be in danger of losing their job? Leaks happen all the time with pretty much every form of media (the newest Daft Punk album was leaked over a week before release) and it's really hard to trace down who did it, especially with a massive undertaking like Smash Bros which likely has separate debugging teams, localization teams, and quality assurance teams checking out the game right now. With all of those people involved, does anyone actually need saving?
  2. If MASTERLINKX had to save people's jobs, this implies that he knew the people who he was "saving", which means the leakers all know each other, which I believe was implied. If this is the case, why don't they all have consistent information? They presumably all got the information at the same time.
  3. If there were people at risk of losing their jobs AND MASTERLINKX knew those people AND wanted to help them, why in the hell would faking a leak, doing a quick photoshop job, putting in some obvious mistakes, and actually showing off MORE of the game (especially Ganondorf's model) help them out in any way? I fail to see how one fake leak would actually save anyone.
  4. Even if this fake leak would supposedly save people's jobs, it would fail to do so the second he came out with that and admitted to faking it with elements of the leak. It would also put his job in danger were that the case. He has done this. Why we he undo all that?
That's my serious problem. There is also this which I talked about in a previous post.

But if this leak is real, and Sakurai was going to reveal a veteran or such and didn't want to prove the leak was correct.
I'm sure he'd be smart enough to have new character art made for the website only as to not confirm the leak if it's true.
The in game ones remain the same as the game is completed and it'll be too late to change this.
This is highly suspicious. If the leak is fake, he has everything to lose if a character is revealed with a different portrait. It would be meaningless for him to make a post about this if he knows the leaked info is entirely real: It'd only be a matter of time before the games release and the leak would almost certainly be confirmed before then if it's true. If he can convince everyone to go along with a different image, he can ride the glory of fake information longer (I'd do the same if it were me with fake info).

I have no real points to bring up with the other leakers (though I doubt Mother****ing Leaker's claims of DLC), but I really think MASTERLINKX is just a master ruseman who is screwing with us. If so, great job! You make a former fake leaker proud.

tl;dr: I don't see why we're just trusting a guy who made fake images and has a really weak excuse.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Story time everyone,

I think this is how it happened, that fateful night that would change all of our lives for ever.

One day, the Nintendo Leaker, who has access to some unrevealed Smash Bros 3DS Footage or Gameplay, decided, "You know what, I'm going to leak just a little of this game. However, I do not want to get caught and I do not want to reveal everything in the game, but at least something new."

So, he comes up with a plan. He will tap some people on forums that have demonstrated the ability to photoshop and brawl mod. He looks around on forums and picks a few people and lets them know that he will allow them to leak some pictures if they follow some basic instructions.

1. You didn't get them from me
2. Wait a little bit, don't jump the gun and release them the second I give you them
3. In the meantime, EDIT THE PHOTOS JUST A LITTLE AT LEAST! Make them seem very debatable.
4. When you do leak them, MAKE FAKE INFORMATION UP! Say that you are ESRB (Which Nintendo Leaker isn't), that there is DLC, that YOU HAVE THE GAME, Make stuff up.

The photoshop receivers each got their seperate images from the Nintendo Leaker and were asked to do the above list.

Not to long after, all of the photoshop receivers are watching 4chan /v/ in wait for when either another leaker leaks or just another good time to do so. The first leaker, releases the grid leak. Once this was done, a few other leakers, got excited and released theirs as well in the thread.

Everyone is the world started losing their minds. It was hard to believe but after a couple days, the people of the world started to believe.

The Nintendo Leaker got away, and his photoshop leakers did a pretty good job of covering their own tracks too and editing the images enough to cause significant debate. The leaks seem original enough to be real despite that there seems to be some mark from a photoshop group.

And now we are here.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I really hate to argue online and I don't want to come across as a jerk. I'm leaning slightly towards #teamreal, but I'm also pretty sure MASTERLINKX has no actual information. I don't mean this as a personal attack, he already admitted to putting out fake information and I'd be a hypocrite to call him out on that because I totally faked a leak on 4chan at one point.

Let me go over my problems with what we've heard from him and about him so far.

MASTERLINKX is a Brawl modder and a damn good one at that. If anyone could do a fake leak, with out any previous material to work off of, it would be him. He could be completely unrelated to any of this and just hopped in because he could (and I'd totally do the same thing if I could convince people).

He has admitted to faking, but to "protect jobs".

1. Who will be in danger of losing their job? Leaks happen all the time with pretty much every form of media (the newest Daft Punk album was leaked over a week before release) and it's really hard to trace down who did it, especially with a massive undertaking like Smash Bros which likely has separate debugging teams, localization teams, and quality assurance teams checking out the game right now. With all of those people involved, does anyone actually need saving?
  2. If MASTERLINKX had to save people's jobs, this implies that he knew the people who he was "saving", which means the leakers all know each other, which I believe was implied. If this is the case, why don't they all have consistent information? They presumably all got the information at the same time.
  3. If there were people at risk of losing their jobs AND MASTERLINKX knew those people AND wanted to help them, why in the hell would faking a leak, doing a quick photoshop job, putting in some obvious mistakes, and actually showing off MORE of the game (especially Ganondorf's model) help them out in any way? I fail to see how one fake leak would actually save anyone.
  4. Even if this fake leak would supposedly save people's jobs, it would fail to do so the second he came out with that and admitted to faking it with elements of the leak. It would also put his job in danger were that the case. He has done this. Why we he undo all that?
That's my serious problem. There is also this which I talked about in a previous post.

This is highly suspicious. If the leak is fake, he has everything to lose if a character is revealed with a different portrait. It would be meaningless for him to make a post about this if he knows the leaked info is entirely real: It'd only be a matter of time before the games release and the leak would almost certainly be confirmed before then if it's true. If he can convince everyone to go along with a different image, he can ride the glory of fake information longer (I'd do the same if it were me with fake info).

I have no real points to bring up with the other leakers (though I doubt Mother****ing Leaker's claims of DLC), but I really think MASTERLINKX is just a master ruseman who is screwing with us. If so, great job! You make a former fake leaker proud.

tl;dr: I don't see why we're just trusting a guy who made fake images and has a really weak excuse.
Or maybe Masterlinkx was just screwing with everybody and you fell right into his trap.

D

Deleted member

I don't see why we're just trusting a guy who made fake images and has a really weak excuse.
He made fake images for Shulk, but he never released them. He has been trustworthy with this for 2 days now, and said that scenario is hypothetical.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Story time everyone,
I think this is how it happened, that fateful night that would change all of our lives for ever.

One day, the Nintendo Leaker, who has access to some unrevealed Smash Bros 3DS Footage or Gameplay, decided, "You know what, I'm going to leak just a little of this game. However, I do not want to get caught and I do not want to reveal everything in the game, but at least something new."

So, he comes up with a plan. He will tap some people on forums that have demonstrated the ability to photoshop and brawl mod. He looks around on forums and picks a few people and lets them know that he will allow them to leak some pictures if they follow some basic instructions.

1. You didn't get them from me
2. Wait a little bit, don't jump the gun and release them the second I give you them
3. In the meantime, EDIT THE PHOTOS JUST A LITTLE AT LEAST! Make them seem very debatable.
4. When you do leak them, MAKE FAKE INFORMATION UP! Say that you are ESRB (Which Nintendo Leaker isn't), that there is DLC, that YOU HAVE THE GAME, Make stuff up.

The photoshop receivers each got their seperate images from the Nintendo Leaker and were asked to do the above list.

Not to long after, all of the photoshop receivers are watching 4chan /v/ in wait for when either another leaker leaks or just another good time to do so. The first leaker, releases the grid leak. Once this was done, a few other leakers, got excited and released theirs as well in the thread.

Everyone is the world started losing their minds. It was hard to believe but after a couple days, the people of the world started to believe.

The Nintendo Leaker got away, and his photoshop leakers did a pretty good job of covering their own tracks too and editing the images enough to cause significant debate. The leaks seem original enough to be real despite that there seems to be some mark from a photoshop group.

And now we are here.
Hold onto this! If the leak is real then this would be a good version to show those curious. It's epic, dramatic, and sounds accurate-ish. Then, when the next Smash is in the works and people are like "loll what happened before smash 4 came out" you can just paste that story!

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or is this leak making these last few weeks waiting for the release feel longer...?

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
This new leak is fake. The obvious dead give away is the Wario's messed up picture *pupil missing* along with Mr. Game and Watch's hands over lapping. Also Duck Hunt isn't his name Peppers or Pepper? The CSS screen I believe is fake. The STAGE picture leak. I can't be sure. But even if that is accurate that no way makes the CSS true. Moving on.......
His name is Mr. Peepers

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
A few days ago Neo Zero shared that he had two sources telling him two different things. I forget the exact details now, but it was something like the first did not want to make any definite statements but said that we had more than one trailer, the second said Mach Rider and a few others were in. If I'm mistaken, someone who remembers better please, by all means correct me. I could be off a little.
Ok thanks for the info I must have missed that when it happened.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Something interesting I noticed upon rewatching GameXplain's video on the topic, and that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in this thread... I noticed yesterday the Pictochat stage icon in the leak's SSS is different, as has been mentioned, but now that I looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any form that looks anything remotely like it in the Brawl stage. Could this actually be a PictoChat II or such?

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Something interesting I noticed upon rewatching GameXplain's video on the topic, and that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in this thread... I noticed yesterday the Pictochat stage icon in the leak's SSS is different, as has been mentioned, but now that I looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any form that looks anything remotely like it in the Brawl stage. I wonder what that could mean?
update of the stage?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Do you guys think it's the final stage roster? If there are more characters, why not more stages? I'm actually not too made about what we're getting, but more would be welcome! I wish we could get a confirmation from one of our sources...

D

Deleted member

Something interesting I noticed upon rewatching GameXplain's video on the topic, and that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in this thread... I noticed yesterday the Pictochat stage icon in the leak's SSS is different, as has been mentioned, but now that I looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any form that looks anything remotely like it in the Brawl stage. Could this actually be a PictoChat II or such?
This was mentioned earlier. I think both pictochat and mushroomy kingdom have different icons from brawl

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't care about stages, I'm gonna play mostly FD and Battlefield and For Glory is FD variants only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom