• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The point is literally in the title, it's a closed event to keep the info in it, if it was open then we would see it. We will find out what was said once Nintendo wants to tell us
I suppose so but I didn't expect Nintendo to be super strict about it.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Then again, let's not forget that these guys saw a video. They didn't play it.
To all of you who don't know this, the "add-on" that the Ninka leak got shouldn't be looked as fake only because it was a add-on. At the time Ninka was just another low life looser looking for attention by doing the fake "X is playable, Y being in will prove it" leak that dozens of other people did. Who the **** gunna wanna copy him? especially since Gematsu was the $*** and Ninka ain't even cute

Dixie Kong isn't in the hype 3, SHE THE HYPE ONE!!!
The first iterations of the Gematsu leak were obviously based on something IMO. So far he's 10 for 11 I believe aside from Chrom. The part where that guy started posting on the forums and convincing us about a Shulk trailer that never came was when it got weird.

If Chorus Kids ARE in the final game he was the real deal since you can't guess such a random set of characters from RHeaven (they're no one important, they're random characters from a random mini-game) and Chrom was most likely the default "new FE rep" they marked down early on since its usually the main lord who becomes the new rep.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The first iterations of the Gematsu leak were obviously based on something IMO. So far he's 10 for 11 I believe aside from Chrom. The part where that guy started posting on the forums and convincing us about a Shulk trailer that never came was when it got weird.

If Chorus Kids ARE in the final game he was the real deal since you can't guess such a random set of characters from RHeaven (they're no one important, they're random characters from a random mini-game) and Chrom was most likely the default "new FE rep" they marked down early on since its usually the main lord who becomes the new rep.
Didn't Sakurai say he considered Chrom for the game or something around those lines? If so, that explains that.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Chrom was considered, but dropped due to possibly being "another dull swordsman" So he added a sword user as a clone of Marth, but its ok because she's female and it fits her character :D

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Where did this come from: http://i.imgur.com/bREN1pv.png

Is this real? I don't see anybody discussing it so I figured it must be fake but it looks quite convincing.
It was discussed before. I didn't see the final verdict but I'm pretty sure I've seen those images of the newly added characters before.

edit: aaand it's fake

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22

I doubt we'll ever get the whole story behind the Gematsu leaker, so I guess it all comes down to what you believe. Personally, I think it's clear that the leaker had some kind of insider knowledge, but some will be inclined to think he was making lucky guesses.

I like to pretend that Sakurai caught wind of the leak and intentionally swapped Chrom for Lucina and Robin, which would discredit the leak and give the community hope. But there is absolutely no evidence to base that claim on, so don't take that seriously.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Remember Sakuri saying that he doesn't want to make predictable characters playable? That's probably why "the hype 3" aren't gonna be playable.:troll:
I don't remember him saying that. Please clue me in.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have an example of where they got that art from? Once I can trace the art back to an original source then I 100% don't believe leaks.

Things like Dixie looking derpy is probably just because of the blurry camera and stuff.

Mewtwo does look weird though, like his lighting is in the wrong style compared to other characters. But the roster seems kind of fair. Not too weird. Well organized. I'd be happy with that!

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Anyone have an example of where they got that art from? Once I can trace the art back to an original source then I 100% don't believe leaks.

Things like Dixie looking derpy is probably just because of the blurry camera and stuff.

Mewtwo does look weird though, like his lighting is in the wrong style compared to other characters. But the roster seems kind of fair. Not too weird. Well organized. I'd be happy with that!
Yeah, but have you realized that Impa is conveniently selected, maybe because her render would be most difficult to fake/recreate? Besides that, the rest seems very convincing, haven't seen those arts anywhere. I'd be totally ok with this roster too.

Last edited:

Luke4496

Smash Rookie
I don't remember him saying that. Please clue me in.
Could be remembering wrong I'm too lazy to look into it right now as I'm tired I just remember him saying something like, "I don't want the roster to be too predictable."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dr. Mario is using a different render from the CSS leak on the home-page news.
Jigglypuff is turned at a different angle.
It's a re-make of the home-page news CSS leak.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but have you realized that Impa is conveniently selected, maybe because her render would be most difficult to fake/recreate? Besides that, the rest seems very convincing, haven't seen those arts anywhere.
The person who created that fake roster image used multiple images from a recreation of the leaked roster. The recreation uses pieces of past official art (Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr.), art they created themself (Dark Pit, ROB, Jigglypuff), and even other fanart of characters (Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, Ness).

This "leaked" (fake) roster borrows the Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, Game & Watch, and Ness images from this recreation. The other characters that they added to this look quite out of place, and I'm sure a quick google search would reveal their sources.

The roster recreation that someone created on Youtube:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Yeah, but have you realized that Impa is conveniently selected, maybe because her render would be most difficult to fake/recreate? Besides that, the rest seems very convincing, haven't seen those arts anywhere. I'd be totally ok with this roster too.
thats toon link

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
That would suck, don't think all that many people are gonna buy it for both 3ds and U, i won't.
Well, I think a lot of people will. Including me.

But also... that would be the point. To try to get you to buy both versions.
The first iterations of the Gematsu leak were obviously based on something IMO. So far he's 10 for 11 I believe aside from Chrom.
He's 9 out of 10, with 1 still up in the air.

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Huh? the only people I see selected are Bowser Jr. and Toon Link.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Could be remembering wrong I'm too lazy to look into it right now as I'm tired I just remember him saying something like, "I don't want the roster to be too predictable."
Even that quotation you just surmised is not the same as "I will actively keep out characters people may have predicted."
Most of these characters could have been predicted if looked at from the correct lens, even Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for off topicness
I'm happy with the roster(hype 3 or not) and i'll also be happy about getting the Smash bros. soundtrack! Register both versions of Super smash bros. and you get the soundtrack! :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We have 5 characters at most we don't know yet. And 2 more if you count unofficially announced ones.

We have two weeks until release.

Will we have an influx of Veteran reveals as the days go down? Or will we get nothing until release?

The Major Players for the Final 5:
  • Ridley
  • MewTwo
  • Dixie/K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Impa
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
I personally want Ridley, Bandana Dee, Chorus Men, MewTwo, and Impa.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I wouldn't be surprised if there turned out to be no more characters left to reveal and the leaked roster picture was all we got. I'm gonna stick with that for now, no matter how excited I'd be for a few more to get in.

I'll be happy to be wrong.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I'm against DLC. Smash Bros is the exception. I will pay for anything they DLCize! BRING IT ALL ON! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We have 5 characters at most we don't know yet. And 2 more if you count unofficially announced ones.

Will we have an influx of Veteran reveals as the days go down? Or will we get nothing until release?

• Ridley
  • MewTwo
  • Dixie/K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Impa
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
Why do you keep stylising Mewtwo as 'MewTwo'?

I know the leaker said on Reddit that there would be more characters, but did they ever say who? If not why say there are more but not provide info as to whom?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

• Ridley
  • MewTwo
  • Dixie/K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Impa
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
Bandana Dee is certainly not a major player, and while he could happen, he is perceived on an objective level to be no more likely than Sceptile, or Chibi Robo, or some other characters I personally could throw in here. Get that stylish beast off that list, and properly separate Dixie and K Rool, as they belong to be.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

• Ridley
  • MewTwo
  • Dixie/K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Impa
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
Sorry, but no one said Paper Mario deconfirmed and he's quite likely with the tease honestly.

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie

• Ridley
  • MewTwo
  • Dixie/K. Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Impa
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
Personally, as I've stated with so much excitement, I feel the leak is beyond legit. It's a gut feeling I've had since I've first laid eyes on it. I feel that due to the fact that most people know of it, those characters will surely be announced. If I'm wrong, then that's all fine. All I can say is that we can expect some surprises, and if there's nothing more, we should surely be glad for whatever we get from here on out.

I personally wish for Rayman, even if others feel that'd be off. Even if he isn't a classic, he's become that definition to me growing up. I understand that he's a 3rd party character, but it'd be amazing to me to see a match such as Rayman against Sonic or Mario or Diddy Kong. As the same with you, I also hope for Impa, Isaac(DEFINATELY or at least one character from the Golden Sun series -- I mean, Nintendo owns that brand officially beyond the official, yes?) Mach Rider, Dixie and King K Rool.. Again though, I'd still be happy with whatever was given, and if there's more to come in the future, that'd be a bonus even if I have to shell out some money[personal problems completely asside over this particular title]

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Dee is certainly not a major player, and while he could happen, he is perceived on an objective level to be no more likely than Sceptile, or Chibi Robo, or some other characters I personally could throw in here. Get that stylish beast off that list, and properly separate Dixie and K Rool, as they belong to be.
I'm pretty sure popularity is out the window when it comes to Sakurai. No one expected Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, or Dark Pit but we got them. Also if Robin wasn't confirmed yet I'm sure that he would be lumped in with them as well.

Also the reason I put K. Rool and Dixie together is that I believe we will only get one. I would obviously prefer K. Rool over Dixie, but who knows.

Personally, as I've stated with so much excitement, I feel the leak is beyond legit. It's a gut feeling I've had since I've first laid eyes on it. I feel that due to the fact that most people know of it, those characters will surely be announced. If I'm wrong, then that's all fine. All I can say is that we can expect some surprises, and if there's nothing more, we should surely be glad for whatever we get from here on out.

I personally wish for Rayman, even if others feel that'd be off. Even if he isn't a classic, he's become that definition to me growing up. I understand that he's a 3rd party character, but it'd be amazing to me to see a match such as Rayman against Sonic or Mario or Diddy Kong. As the same with you, I also hope for Impa, Isaac(DEFINATELY or at least one character from the Golden Sun series -- I mean, Nintendo owns that brand officially beyond the official, yes?) Mach Rider, Dixie and King K Rool.. Again though, I'd still be happy with whatever was given, and if there's more to come in the future, that'd be a bonus even if I have to shell out some money[personal problems completely asside over this particular title]
Wait Wat? You don't believe the leak, or the leak specifically mentioning Impa and Mach Rider?

Last edited:

Echirtroim

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure popularity is out the window when it comes to Sakurai. No one expected Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, or Dark Pit but we got them. Also if Robin wasn't confirmed yet I'm sure that he would be lumped in with them as well.

Also the reason I put K. Rool and Dixie together is that I believe we will only get one. I would obviously prefer K. Rool over Dixie, but who knows.

Wait Wat? You don't believe the leak, or the leak specifically mentioning Impa and Mach Rider?
Sorry for the confusion, but I do believe the leak with Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt + all involved, but this is the first that I've heard of Impa and Mach Rider. To save you time on explaining, I'll look that one up.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

So.. when you said 'list of big contenders,' you meant, characters you specifically want? I'm not talking about popularity, I'm wondering how you think Bandana Dee is at all a big contender in the remaining time now. Particularly if, in response, only your own bias keeps DK reps to one spot. If we are discussing characters, not spots, then Dixie and K Rool, and quite frankly, are both mentioned more often than a few others on that list, such as the most notable, bandana Dee!

I appreciate your level of hope. Never lose hope. But what is this list of contenders if you are just going to BluePikmin Scatman in your favorite character... a dreamlist? :p

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So.. when you said 'list of big contenders,' you meant, characters you specifically want? I'm not talking about popularity, I'm wondering how you think Bandana Dee is at all a big contender in the remaining time now. Particularly if, in response, only your own bias keeps DK reps to one spot. If we are discussing characters, not spots, then Dixie and K Rool, and quite frankly, are both mentioned more often than a few others on that list, such as the most notable, bandana Dee!

I appreciate your level of hope. Never lose hope. But what is this list of contenders if you are just going to BluePikmin Scatman in your favorite character... a dreamlist? :p
Meh, I guess we'll find out in 2 Weeks tops. (Yeah, remember we are that close.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Meh, I guess we'll find out in 2 Weeks tops. (Yeah, remember we are that close.)
I disagree- we are that close to the Japanese release, but I see no reason why, with the Wii U version months later, we would have any reason to know the entire roster before the latter game is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom