• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna corny anything too significant from Pax now that a lot of stuff has leaked. Keep expectations low just to be safe.
Well, the running theory is that they're being allowed to play a more complete build of the game that hasn't been available yet. While, from a reveal standpoint, that's not very interesting or big to 90% of readers, that'd be a big deal around here. The only hope is that, if that's true, they're not just holding the media event for more impressions and actually let them report on some things by the end of the weekend.

So yeah. It doesn't necessarily mean character reveals, but this could very much mean some gameplay updates and that would be big enough to warrant an embargo.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
By the way guys, Hyrule Warriors will be getting DLC. This strengthens the chance of Smash getting DLC, well, imo.
Smash is going to get DLC no question. It just won't start till after the game is out as unlike Capcom and other companies Nintendo wants to give a complete product first and then expand on it later as in no on-disc DLC or announcing DLC before the game is even out.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
So since all the info in Ninka's leak thus-far has been correct, does this pretty much confirm the Ice Climbers being cut? :(

EDIT: Well, at the very least Ninka already says he's not sure and that you should take it with a grian of salt at the end of his post, so guess I'll just keep hoping!

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Alternate skins for each Character: $0.99 each. Nintendo releases 800 alternate skins.

We don't know if Dixie, Mewtwo and Ridley are true or not. I hope so. I really do. ;_;

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Smash is going to get DLC no question. It just won't start till after the game is out as unlike Capcom and other companies Nintendo wants to give a complete product first and then expand on it later as in no on-disc DLC or announcing DLC before the game is even out.
Yeah, if anything, it might be like MK8, where it's announced months later, and merely teased because it won't come out until months after being announced.

Also I like how the MK8 DLC is called AOC to clarify it is "ADD ON CONTENT"

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I'd be more than happy to pay for new content for a game like smash. When it's call of duty or battlefield dlc, I feel different about it.

D

Deleted member

DLC isn't a bad thing, especially if it's free...
I'm pretty sure even if Nintendo does do paid DLC it'll be pretty meaty and fairly priced. Just look at the MK8 DLC, 6 characters, 8 karts, and the equivalent of half the tracks in the base game for 12 bucks. That's a steal, all things considered.
EDIT: Oh yeah and 8 different Yoshi and Shy Guy colors as a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but there was another leak on Gamefaqs. The leaker reconfirmed that this isn't the final roster and revealed which characters are starter characters and which are unlockable, as well as how you unlock them. He had a picture too.

Starters (& picture):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

AKA Every character officially revealed so far except Lucina.

Unlockable & method of unlocking:
Jigglypuff (Win your first Smash Run, or play 20 VS Matches)
Ness (Clear Classic Mode, or play 50 VS Matches)
Dr. Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 Intensity or higher, or play 100 VS Matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic mode, or play 200 VS Matches)
Ganondorf (Play in Gerudo Valley 10 times, or play 300 VS Matches)
Lucina (Clear 100-Man Smash as Marth, or play 400 VS Matches)
Mr. Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or play 500 VS Matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 VS Matches)
Bowser Jr. (Win 10 Smash Run battles as Bowser, or play 700 VS Matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the Trophy Shop, or play 800 VS Matches)
Dark Pit (Unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 VS Matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear Classic Mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 VS Matches)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but there was another leak on Gamefaqs. The leaker reconfirmed that this isn't the final roster and revealed which characters are starter characters and which are unlockable, as well as how you unlock them. He had a picture too.

Starters (& picture):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

Dr. Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 Intensity or higher, or play 100 VS Matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic mode, or play 200 VS Matches)
Mr. Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or play 500 VS Matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 VS Matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the Trophy Shop, or play 800 VS Matches)
Dark Pit (Unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 VS Matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear Classic Mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 VS Matches)
Not seeing Ridley or Mewtwo.
Once again....FAKE.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
that is what i am expecting. friends don't beleive me. It makes sense though. yes both will have the same roster but the some characters may not be avalible till wii u is out

My gawd... That sounds like something Sakurai would actually do. Why end the character hype once the 3DS smash comes out? He could just keep it going until the Wii U smash release...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Isn't roy like #2 in polls next to mewtwo being #1 over there?
I don't doubt him being more popular than squirtle and ivysaur, however. Just because pokemon is popular doesn't mean certain pokemon are popular.
We also already have an equivalent of Roy already in this game now. Did ya see how Lucina plays? I'm sure Roy could be a costume. But a clone of a clone and a fifth rep for a series. I find improbable. Especially for a literally outdated character.

Yet, to each his own.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Some people are speculating that some characters will only be unlocked once you connect the two games. It's possible I suppose.
Connect... Ice Climbers fight together... They have... A... Connection. DUN DUN DUH!!!

Then a Goomba appears as a newcomer. :p

KingBroly

Smash Lord

Starters (& picture):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Little Mac
Fox
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Sonic

That picture is from the Japanese eShop. This person doesn't have the game.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Whoo 1000 matches for Duck Hunt Dog imagine for a second the roster leak didn't happen and somebody just came across it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
10/10 would main for sure
Revenge. The Goomba thirsts for revenge. The Goomba's Final Smash? The Goomba will perform an extraordinary stomp. The Goomba will not be pleased until The Goomba destroys Mario, Luigi, and Wario for their sins against The Goomba's family. The Goomba, however, is conflicted should The Goomba fight Bowser, but The Goomba is no longer conflicted since Bowser sent his family to fight the sinners. The Goomba will bathe in their blood. The Goomba is pleased.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
If he didn't get the full roster, how did he unlock Duck Hunt Dog?

I doubt he played 1000 matches.

Not really. If Sakurai doesn't add either of those two, it really would be a joke on the fans.
There's a logical fallacy for this that I cannot recall the name of.

And yet Marth is way more outdated then Roy.

But then again, after reading your comments, you must be a ****ing idiot. Not knowing about the full roster till late December?

It's a long night and I need to sleep. So if Mewtwo is in roster I ain't buying it.
You won't buy the game if it has Mewtwo? When did more content become a bad thing?

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
i don't want to ruin anyone's expectations but people should really start to not expect Ridley in the game you know ...
just so their emotions dont get crushed into the ground

Like I do with Snake

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'm still pissed that the hype three aren't in. No excuse for all three being left off. Makes me hate Wii Fit Trainer, Dr Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog for stealing their roster spots, despite the fact that I know they almost certainly did not "take" those roster spots.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
I'm still pissed that the hype three aren't in. No excuse for all three being left off. Makes me hate Wii Fit Trainer, Dr Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog for stealing their roster spots, despite the fact that I know they almost certainly did not "take" those roster spots.
...Get over it already. Besides, we don't even know this is the final roster. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom