• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm still pissed that the hype three aren't in. No excuse for all three being left off. Makes me hate Wii Fit Trainer, Dr Mario, and Duck Hunt Dog for stealing their roster spots, despite the fact that I know they almost certainly did not "take" those roster spots.
I don't know how many times I've said this but we don't the final roster yet.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
yeah,i know,but the mk8 dlc isn't free D=,it's likely to be the same in SSB...
If you don't want it you don't get it. Simple as that. It's either we get DLC characters or we dont get em at all because they didnt have time to add some characters in. Obviously we're going to go with the only choice we have to play as Snake, Wolf and etc: DLC. If those aren't characters you'll ever use don't get it.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, how do we know it's 4 or 5? It's possible it could just be one or two characters.
To my understanding, 4-5 is the guess mostly because that's how many square's we'd likely need to fill up that gray space in the roster

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
To my understanding, 4-5 is the guess mostly because that's how many square's we'd likely need to fill up that gray space in the roster
Well there could always still be gray space. 4-5 is just setting yourselves up for disappointment. In fact, thinking there will be more characters is already being hopeful.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, how do we know it's 4 or 5? It's possible it could just be one or two characters.
Plot twist: Due to the 3DS's small screen, there will be two pages for character selection. This will not be in the Wii U version.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I still find the fact that they chose a dull gray space out of literally anything else to be questionable. It just screams 'oh hey, I'm empty space that needs to be filled up!" Whether that actually happens or not is another thing entirely.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Have any legit leakers or mods said this isn't the whole roster? There's a rumor going around that that's the case. That someone stated "there are a couple characters missing from the leak" or something.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Have any legit leakers or mods said this isn't the whole roster? There's a rumor going around that that's the case. That someone stated "there are a couple characters missing from the leak" or something.
I wouldn't believe anything or get your hopes up yet. For all we know, this could be the final roster.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
There was a post on reddit with one of the actual leakers saying the roster isn't complete. I tried searching it earlier but I didn't find it.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Guess we're not getting another reveal tonight, Shulks trailer was good enough I guess.
it's saturday morning in japan now. your next updates will either be from that PAX event (that is, not from nintendo's end but from the attendees of the event) or in two days when it's monday in japan.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
There was a post on reddit with one of the actual leakers saying the roster isn't complete. I tried searching it earlier but I didn't find it.
That must be where it comes from. I believe the guy who posted the Bowser Jr. videos said "no it isn't" in reply to someone saying "is this the entire roster?"

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
That must be where it comes from. I believe the guy who posted the Bowser Jr. videos said "no it isn't" in reply to someone saying "is this the entire roster?"
Then again, let's not forget that these guys saw a video. They didn't play it.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Found it: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...still_more_characters_we_do/cjwgmos?context=3

Someone made a thread with a theory about how "Leak is not complete. Still more characters we do not know about."

"Dubadubadubizatrue2" says "Yup, I can attest to that."

FOUR DAYS before the video of Bowser Jr. and Shulk pop up he posts these threads:

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6aqa/shulks_moveset/
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e6css/bowser_jrs_moveset/

In them he states that Bowser Jr's moveset is:

"Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Modok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:
-Cannon Ball.
-Extendable boxing gloves.
-Licks his enemies.
-Drops mini toy bowsers."

And Shulk's moveset.
"Up-smash: Plants Monado on the ground and turns it on.
Side-smash: A stab.
Down-smash: A clockwise spin close to the ground.
Up-tilt: Upwards swing like Lucina's.
Down-air: Like Link's.
Up-B: Like Marth's.
Down-B: Counter-like.
Neutral-B: Changes between those kanjis from Xenoblade. Red puts glow on Shulk's hand, Blue on his feet."

He seems to know a lot about SSB4 and also agreed that there were more characters we've yet to see.

Then again, let's not forget that these guys saw a video. They didn't play it.
Yup, biggest hole in the whole thing. Maybe the rest of the characters were shown elsewhere on a pamphlet or something. I don't think Namco would be allowed to keep the cast a secret from the ESRB. They need to see every potentially inappropriate thing. The video was probably a quick 5 second clip of character select on a half finished game file or an older build of the game possssibly???? Or he's lying to screw with us. He seemed trustworthy with everything he told people even if they didn't believe him initially so I'm going to cross my fingers and trust him.

Last edited:

Luke4496

Smash Rookie
Remember Sakuri saying that he doesn't want to make predictable characters playable? That's probably why "the hype 3" aren't gonna be playable.:troll:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Due to the esrb video pretty much being the source of all this talk, I think every single person... Forum member, journalist, leaker, expert...

Every single one is just assuming the blank spaces represent additional characters. I dont buy any of these cuts or unseen newcomers until launch or those spaces are filled up.

I will continue to draw the line of expectation with what weve seen in the images.

And i apologize if i lay it on thick and more than once, but i need to take on the role of cold heartless rationality. Or else ill disappoint myself.

Last edited:

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've read that GameExplain won't be saying anything about that Smash closed event because the event went on a strict embargo. So definitely no new Smash news for today -.-

EDIT: Did I used the term correctly? :3

Last edited:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Forgive me for asking, but, who are these "hype 3"? I assume Ridley is one of them, but the other two?

And I'm being serious, so no Shrek, plz :p

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Forgive me for asking, but, who are these "hype 3"? I assume Ridley is one of them, but the other two?

And I'm being serious, so no Shrek, plz :p
The Big 3 are Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
So since the closed media event has media guys not release any details on their play session......What was the point? And was that basically a confirmation for them playing the final build of the game?

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
To all of you who don't know this, the "add-on" that the Ninka leak got shouldn't be looked as fake only because it was a add-on. At the time Ninka was just another low life looser looking for attention by doing the fake "X is playable, Y being in will prove it" leak that dozens of other people did. Who the **** gunna wanna copy him? especially since Gematsu was the $*** and Ninka ain't even cute

Dixie Kong isn't in the hype 3, SHE THE HYPE ONE!!!

D

Deleted member

So since the closed media event has media guys not release any details on their play session......What was the point? And was that basically a confirmation for them playing the final build of the game?
The point is literally in the title, it's a closed event to keep the info in it, if it was open then we would see it. We will find out what was said once Nintendo wants to tell us

Chrollo.

fka president wario
In them he states that Bowser Jr's moveset is:

"Rides the Clown Copter, a little bit like Modok from MvsC3, although he still grabs onto the ledge. Face on the copter frowns when hit. Has:
-Cannon Ball.
-Extendable boxing gloves.
-Licks his enemies.
-Drops mini toy bowsers."
Bowser Jr's moveset seems really fun to play with.

Okay, I've read that GameExplain won't be saying anything about that Smash closed event because the event went on a strict embargo. So definitely no new Smash news for today -.-

EDIT: Did I used the term correctly? :3
I've heard Nintendo has a press confrerence set up for PAX tomorrow though. I thought that would guarantee something.

Neon Blue Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the moveset Bowser Jr. has makes him one of those "fun to play as" characters.

Now I'm curious what his final smash will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom