• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yeah, we are pretty much in Realville at this point. I only care now for the parts that we don't have leaked screenshots for (A.K.A. extra characters).
But leaked or not, I want some videos or reveals Sakurai. Stop with the menu's week gawdammit!.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
We have screens leaked that were never seen before and now with the last few POTD, we can see that they are identical.

[Pictures]

If you wish to be stubborn about it then fine, just wait until the Japan release.
That really only confirms those parts of the leak, not the whole of it. Speculating on whether certain parts of a confirmed leak are faked, outdated, plain incorrect, or intentionally wrong and why is still part of the point of this thread.

EDIT:
So what do you think is real and what do you think is fake?
Well, for one, only 2 of the new roster characters are solidly confirmed through the videos we've seen. So, while I don't believe this personally, there's room for doubt that the remaining roster choices aren't real, and we know the leaker was joking about the DLC thing. So, the portion with the extra unlockable characters is obviously HIGHLY in question (which is kinda a no duh. That's what the last 10 pages have been about).

Last edited:
I'm hoping for two pages of stages, those stages are way to lacking.
I agree, I don't think he/she unlocked all of them. Sometimes you can still be unlocking stages after you have every character and this leaker apparently didn't have all the fighters. It makes sense that he wouldn't have all the stages unlocked.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What makes the stage list fake? Can you please elaborate instead of just saying "fake"?
Firstly; I sincerely doubt even Sakurai would make the Kirby stage a game boy one when there's planty of 3D games to choose from.
Secondly; I don't think DK and Metroid will only get one stage apiece.
Thirdly; Why is he reusing SO MANY BRAWL STAGES. Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Pictochat, Yoshi's Island, Flat Zone II.... Same with Melee. How hard is to create a unique new stage for any of those series (sans Pictochat) ESPECIALLY when you already did so in the Wii U version; Garden of Hope, Windy Hill are just two of those.
And Fourth; Certain series are missing stages; Ice Climber (which will probably be in the game), Duck Hunt, R.O.B. and Wii Fit all lack a stage (although Duck Hunt and ROB might get lumped with Mario). Yet there is a Xenoblade stage; but no Wii Fit one? He will probably just do Wii Fit Studio in both but.

Firstly; I sincerely doubt even Sakurai would make the Kirby stage a game boy one when there's planty of 3D games to choose from.
Thirdly; Why is he reusing SO MANY BRAWL STAGES. Mushroomy Kingdom, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Pictochat, Yoshi's Island, Flat Zone II.... Same with Melee. How hard is to create a unique new stage for any of those series (sans Pictochat) ESPECIALLY when you already did so in the Wii U version; Garden of Hope, Windy Hill are just two of those.
And Fourth; Certain series are missing stages; Ice Climber (which will probably be in the game), Duck Hunt, R.O.B. and Wii Fit all lack a stage (although Duck Hunt and ROB might get lumped with Mario). Yet there is a Xenoblade stage; but no Wii Fit one? He will probably just do Wii Fit Studio in both but.
How do you know this is all the stages?

Keep in mind that the 3DS version stages are meant to be about portable games. Wii Fit was not on a portable console.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm hoping for two pages of stages, those stages are way to lacking.
Me too. I am perfectly fine with the leaked roster, but the stages are so disappointing. Only 35 stages (I think) and a lot of them are returning stages.
Keep in mind that the 3DS version stages are meant to be about portable games. Wii Fit was not on a portable console.
Neither was Punch Out!! yet the Boxing Ring is on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
How do you know this is all the stages?

I don't. But there's no indicator of a second page shown; and Wii Fit Trainer; DHD; and ROB are all unlocked- standardly when you get a character from a new series; a brand new stage from that series pops up.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Wasnt the gameboy stage a PoTD with both Kirby and Dedede?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Warning Received
this post

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I thought it was almost 100% guaranteed that those aren't all the characters because of All-Star mode still being locked?

Me too. I am perfectly fine with the leaked roster, but the stages are so disappointing. Only 35 stages (I think) and a lot of them are returning stages.

Neither was Punch Out!! yet the Boxing Ring is on the 3DS version.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that and Mega Man's stage. Maybe he hasn't unlocked the Wii Fit stage yet. It's possible that the boxing ring and Wii Fit stage have to be unlocked on the 3DS version but are starter stages on the Wii U version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The whole game could be released and you guys still wouldn't believe it.
People still refuse to acknowledge Final Fantasy XIII's existence - I like the trilogy so... Oh, and people still refuse to acknowledge other Pokémon games, many DMC fans refuse to acknowledge Devil May Cry 2 and/or DmC: Devil May Cry's existence, and then there's Raiden's existence in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Don't get started on more serious issues like people claiming The Holocaust and The Nanking Massacre as fake.

Last edited:

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
The major difference between Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 on the DLC front is that one game was made by an internal studio and the other isn't. I know people would like DLC if their favorite doesn't get in (I would too, because I doubt Ridley will playable at this point), but I'm hesitant to think Namco is going to let their developers work on Smash any longer than they have to.
For what it's worth, Namco Bandai has a credit as a developer in Mario Kart 8. I dunno to what extent, but hey. Maybe this Mario Kart 8 DLC really is them testing the waters for possible Smash DLC in the future. Probably just wishful thinking, but food for thought all the same.

SpikedShell

Smash Rookie
I just wish that Sakurai would stop procrastinating with the release of new characters and stages. I guess the leaker didn't want the world to wait any longer

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I like the leaked stage list. 35 stages per version is really a pretty beefy number, and we seem to have a lot of good candidates for legality overall. Here's my count on where we stand...

Strongly legal:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Rainbow Road
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Tortimer's Island

Reasonably Legal:

Paper Mario
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Corneria
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomodachi Life
PictoChat
Pac Maze

Very Likely Not Legal:

Super Mario 3d Land
Golden Plains
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
N's Castle
Kirby's Dream Land
WarioWare
Distant Planet (likely usable if we end up with one too few stages for a favored procedure)
Boxing Ring
Living Room
Find Mii
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Wily's Castle
Green Hill Zone

Totally Unknown:

New F-Zero Stage
Mysterious Pink Stage (Mother themed?)
Gaur Plains
Last Stage to Unlock?

I think we can work with this. We have a lot of variety here, and we have a pretty good supply of good stages that shouldn't be a problem for people to play on. The above is obviously subject to serious change given that, you know, the game isn't out yet, but in terms of a rough pre-release guess, I'd consider that a sunny picture.

As per the question of what remains to unlock, it could really go both ways. On one hand, those empty spots on both screens look really awkward and ugly if it's supposed to represent a finished product and the screens could easily have been designed differently to avoid that. On the other hand, there may be DLC which needs to have room kept for it. We really don't know how long the ESRB video was or how much of it we've seen so I don't think we can fairly judge whether there's a connection between All Star being locked and the css we saw (they could easily represent different game states) or even whether there were other characters shown in parts of the video we never saw. That pretty much means that we just don't know and have no good way to guess though we can safely say those 48 characters and 35 stages are in the game and if there's more to unlock it is limited to 5 characters and 1 stage.

SpikedShell

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, I forgot about that and Mega Man's stage. Maybe he hasn't unlocked the Wii Fit stage yet. It's possible that the boxing ring and Wii Fit stage have to be unlocked on the 3DS version but are starter stages on the Wii U version.
Wii Fit Studio is only available on the Wii U version

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Sure, be hopeful that there's more (I still am, especially for stages, but don't get your hopes up too high. We're all a little spoiled - this game is going to be amazing no matter what and we have some unique characters and some clones that give us additional options depending on our play style. Look for more, but acknowledge that this may be it... and that's okay!

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was almost 100% guaranteed that those aren't all the characters because of All-Star mode still being locked?
Not 100% since a decent and fair argument is that the esrb video is out of order and shows it still locked when it truly isn't. And that the esrb has to somehow rate the other characters but there doesn't seem to be any sign of them.

So, not 100% but decent arguments either way.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
It can't really be 100% guaranteed, no one really knows if the pics/videos came were taken from the same source, also we don't know if the pics/vids were taken right after another.
For example, the pic of the locked all-star mode could have been taken before he unlocked DR Mario which could have been the last character....maybe? Lol ><

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For what it's worth, Namco Bandai has a credit as a developer in Mario Kart 8. I dunno to what extent, but hey. Maybe this Mario Kart 8 DLC really is them testing the waters for possible Smash DLC in the future. Probably just wishful thinking, but food for thought all the same.
Periodic updates are good for fighting games since they tend to last a long time. Doing it the way Capcom did it with Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV isn't a good idea where updates, characters, etc. cost a ton and not having them locked you into the "old" version. Killer Instinct treats itself like the UFC or other sports where seasons exist and each season has a new experience - new characters and such. I don't know how much Killer Instinct costs - the web said $0? -, but if each season was $10 and the game lasted say, 5 years, it'd be a steal; 5 seasons, 5 years, and only $50. Probably not the price, but just a theoretical path.

Basically, Capcom's going the Call of Duty and other shooters route. Killer Instinct is going the "MMO" route. I wonder what Nintendo is going to do. Maybe something like Fire Emblem: Awakening with a couple of updates being free and others paid?

So what does this mean? It means SSB4 has a "finalized" roster or rather a launch roster with the potential of some characters being delayed or reworked during early development - Ice Climbers and/or Wolf possibly? It also means that SSB4 won't be the same game year after year. We might get, I don't know, Swampert, Sceptile, Toon Ganon, Zant, Paper Mario, Paper Bowser, Rundas, Gandrayda, Dusty, Kumatora, Raiden, Revolver Ocelot, Daisy, Toad(sworth), Krystal, Leon, and whoever as new characters. Oh, and different stages, challenges - daily, monthly, yearly -, etc.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i am personally pretty sure that the leak is not the full roster however im pretty sure there will be dlc similar to mario kart 8 for sm4sh so im fine with the current roster

Did you even read my post?
That's not always how unlocking stages work you know. Sometimes you have to use that character a bit before you unlock their stage.

To unlock Flat Zone in Melee you have to beat Classic Mode with Mr Game and Watch.

Sometimes unlocking characters will give you their stage so I see your point.

Wii Fit Studio is only available on the Wii U version
Where did you hear that? Can you provide a link?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Not 100% since a decent and fair argument is that the esrb video is out of order and shows it still locked when it truly isn't. And that the esrb has to somehow rate the other characters but there doesn't seem to be any sign of them.

So, not 100% but decent arguments either way.
Oh ok didn't hear that argument, but I still think there is a really good chance.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm still wondering if there's a way to turn off stage hazards without going into Omega Mode. I hope there is, because I think Final Destination is just too small a stage.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like the leaked stage list. 35 stages per version is really a pretty beefy number, and we seem to have a lot of good candidates for legality overall. Here's my count on where we stand...

Strongly legal:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Rainbow Road
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Tortimer's Island

Reasonably Legal:

Paper Mario
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Corneria
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomodachi Life
PictoChat
Pac Maze

Very Likely Not Legal:

Super Mario 3d Land
Golden Plains
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
N's Castle
Kirby's Dream Land
WarioWare
Distant Planet (likely usable if we end up with one too few stages for a favored procedure)
Boxing Ring
Living Room
Find Mii
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Wily's Castle
Green Hill Zone

Totally Unknown:

New F-Zero Stage
Mysterious Pink Stage (Mother themed?)
Gaur Plains
Last Stage to Unlock?

I think we can work with this. We have a lot of variety here, and we have a pretty good supply of good stages that shouldn't be a problem for people to play on. The above is obviously subject to serious change given that, you know, the game isn't out yet, but in terms of a rough pre-release guess, I'd consider that a sunny picture.

As per the question of what remains to unlock, it could really go both ways. On one hand, those empty spots on both screens look really awkward and ugly if it's supposed to represent a finished product and the screens could easily have been designed differently to avoid that. On the other hand, there may be DLC which needs to have room kept for it. We really don't know how long the ESRB video was or how much of it we've seen so I don't think we can fairly judge whether there's a connection between All Star being locked and the css we saw (they could easily represent different game states) or even whether there were other characters shown in parts of the video we never saw. That pretty much means that we just don't know and have no good way to guess though we can safely say those 48 characters and 35 stages are in the game and if there's more to unlock it is limited to 5 characters and 1 stage.
Each stage has a Battlefield and Final Destination version, I think. So technically, they're all legal. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom