• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Each stage has a Battlefield and Final Destination version, I think. So technically, they're all legal. :p
Oh my, the more I think about this the happier I become. Some stages just make me mad because of scrolling. hazards, etc. but I yet I still love the scenery. I'm not even a huge final destination fan, but I love this option. I hope they implement it for retro stages (that would be a good PotD). Just look at some of the leaked stages, like Gaur Plains, and imagine the FD version! :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
35 new stages would have been cool, but only 35 stages including returning ones (even worse when awful stages like Mushroomy Kingdom are returning) is disappointing. If they didn't want to create tons of new stages, they could have ported more old ones, at least. If we got the leaked stages plus these stages:

Dream Land (64)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City (64)
Mushroom Kingdom II (Melee)
Poké Floats or Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Fountain of Dream (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Spear Pillar (Brawl)

You wouldn't read complaints coming from me.

D

Deleted member

Did you even read my post?
False. I'll use Brawl as an example here;

Ness: Both Onett and New Pork City are starter
Marth: Castle Siege is starter
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion is unlocked for using Luigi 3 times
Falco: Lylat Cruise is starter
Captain Falcon: Port Town is starter
Lucario: Spear Pillar is unlocked from clearing an event
Snake: Shadow Moses Island is starter
R.O.B.: Mario Bros. is unlocked from an event
Ganondorf: Final Destination and Bridge of Eldin are starter
Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone is unlocked for unlocking Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic: Green Hill Zone is unlocked for unlocking Sonic
Wolf: Lylat Cruise is starter
Jigglypuff: Pokemon Stadium 2 is starter, Pokemon Stadium is unlocked for playing on Pokemon Stadium 2 10 times
Toon Link: Pirate Ship is unlocked for unlocking Toon Link

That's 3 characters where this is true.

Each stage has a Battlefield and Final Destination version, I think. So technically, they're all legal. :p
Gaur Plains should be the standard Final Destination so we have Xenoblade music.

35 new stages would have been cool, but only 35 stages including returning ones (even worse when awful stages like Mushroomy Kingdom are returning) is disappointing. If they didn't want to create tons of new stages, they could have ported more old ones, at least. If we got the leaked stages plus these stages:

Dream Land (64)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City (64)
Corneria (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Spear Pillar (Brawl)

Corneria is one of the leaked stages, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
False. I'll use Brawl as an example here;

Ness: Both Onett and New Pork City are starter Lucas
Marth: Castle Siege is starter Ike
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion is unlocked for using Luigi 3 times There's other Mario stages
Falco: Lylat Cruise is starter Fox
Captain Falcon: Port Town is starter Fair Point.
Lucario: Spear Pillar is unlocked from clearing an event in which you play as Lucario/there's ither PKMN stages
Snake: Shadow Moses Island is starter Fair point.
R.O.B.: Mario Bros. is unlocked from an event His other home stage is Delfino Plaza.
Ganondorf: Final Destination and Bridge of Eldin are starter Other Zelda Stages
Mr. Game & Watch: Flat Zone is unlocked for unlocking Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic: Green Hill Zone is unlocked for unlocking Sonic
Wolf: Lylat Cruise is starter Fox
Jigglypuff: Pokemon Stadium 2 is starter, Pokemon Stadium is unlocked for playing on Pokemon Stadium 2 10 times Other Pokémon Stages
Toon Link: Pirate Ship is unlocked for unlocking Toon Link
Answers Bolded

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
The stage talk really made me think one thing.

We all loathe Mushroomy Kingdom being in there, just because it's a uninteresting stage. (But will probaly be a nice stage to use FD form, giving us 2 different scenarios ).

But what IS strange is that Mushroomy Kingdom and Super Mario 3D Land are almost the same stage. Both are scrolling stages of 2d mario games. I may be talking a bit too early since we haven't seem a gameplay in there, and some screens does shows that 3d land chances much more in style than Mushroomy Kingdom, but the very concept of both stages are the same.

It is a strange choice of stage to be returning, taking all this is consideration.

And I know many stages seem dull and the choices are strange, but I think that in sakurai eyes (and maybe 3DS limitations), he may have thought that those stages choices would suffice or the FD form of those melee/brawl stages would be interessing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

We all loathe Mushroomy Kingdom being in there, just because it's a uninteresting stage. (But will probaly be a nice stage to use FD form, giving us 2 different scenarios ).

But what IS strange is that Mushroomy Kingdom and Super Mario 3D Land are almost the same stage. Both are scrolling stages of 2d mario games. I may be talking a bit too early since we haven't seem a gameplay in there, and some screens does shows that 3d land chances much more in style than Mushroomy Kingdom, but the very concept of both stages are the same.

It is a strange choice of stage to be returning, taking all this is consideration.

And I know many stages seem dull and the choices are strange, but I think that in sakurai eyes (and maybe 3DS limitations), he may have thought that those stages choices would suffice or the FD form of those melee/brawl stages would be interessing.
I think Golden Plains also plays like a Mario level; a side-scroller.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

I was thinking the same. And as you said, we may be speaking early.

But from what we have gathered it sure seems like a different choice should have been made in order to have more diversity.

Oh yeah, golden plains too. Do we have 3 Mario side scrollers?:rotfl:

Last edited:
You know, before the leak happened, I originally thought the 3DS version would get Melee stages and the Wii U version would get Brawl stages.

Seeing as how the 3DS version has both Melee and Brawl, do you think the Wii U one will get Melee stages as well? I really want Fountain of Dreams to come back.

D

Deleted member

Answers Bolded
I'm going off of the challenger matches here. Ganondorf is actually never fought on Bridge of Eldin in his match, he's fought on Final Destination with Hidden Mountain / Forest playing. And if you bring up the Delfino/R.O.B. thing, then Duck Hunt Dog and R.O.B. have stages already; Duck Hunt Dog's is Mushroomy Kingdom due to the compilation cartridge of Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt, as Mushroomy Kingdom is a remake of 1-1 and 1-2 from Super Mario Bros. R.O.B.'s home stages could be either Balloon Fight (because Balloon Fight is based off of the NES design of the game) or Rainbow Road. (Due to R.O.B. being a character in Mario Kart DS, and the staff ghost on Rainbow Road in that game being R.O.B. kind of inane, but rainbow road's theme from MKDS is part of the music on the rainbow road stage apparently)

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm going off of the challenger matches here. Ganondorf is actually never fought on Bridge of Eldin in his match, he's fought on Final Destination with Hidden Mountain / Forest playing. And if you bring up the Delfino/R.O.B. thing, then Duck Hunt Dog and R.O.B. have stages already; Duck hunt Dog's is Mushroomy Kingdom due to the compilation cartridge of Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt, as Mushroomy Kingdom is a remake of 1-1 and 1-2 from Super Mario Bros. R.O.B.'s home stages could be either Balloon Fight (because Balloon Fight is based off of the NES design of the game) or Rainbow Road. (Due to R.O.B. being a character in Mario Kart DS, and the staff ghost on Rainbow Road in that game being R.O.B.)
And I addressed that. It's the WFT thing I was mainly pointing out.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I think Golden Plains also plays like a Mario level; a side-scroller.
Good point. But Golden Plains still bring the coins/invincibility mechanic with makes it unique of the other 2 mario 2d stages.

D

Deleted member

And I addressed that. It's the WFT thing I was mainly pointing out.
Wii Fit Trainer can have Gaur Plains due to both Wii Fit and Xenoblade debuting on the Wii :troll:

In all seriousness, considering what kind of game Wii Fit is, I honestly don't think WarioWare would be that bad a choice assuming there is no Wii Fit stage.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You know, before the leak happened, I originally thought the 3DS version would get Melee stages and the Wii U version would get Brawl stages.

Seeing as how the 3DS version has both Melee and Brawl, do you think the Wii U one will get Melee stages as well? I really want Fountain of Dreams to come back.
Every past stage in 3DS was in Brawl; Corneria, Brinstar, and Jungle Japes were all past stages in Brawl. I would set an expectation for this pattern to continue.

Good point. But Golden Plains still bring the coins/invincibility mechanic with makes it unique of the other 2 mario 2d stages.
In my experience, Golden Plains had no invincibility; you got a very weak power-up for getting 100 coins, and the gimmick wasn't really strong at all. Honestly if people could accept walk-off stages, I'd say Golden Plains was a great legality candidate, but I don't think that's terribly likely to happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every past stage in 3DS was in Brawl; Corneria, Brinstar, and Jungle Japes were all past stages in Brawl. I would set an expectation for this pattern to continue.
I'm going to bet all my money that the only EarthBound in the Wii U version will be Onett.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Wii Fit Trainer can have Gaur Plains due to both Wii Fit and Xenoblade debuting on the Wii :troll:

In all seriousness, considering what kind of game Wii Fit is, I honestly don't think WarioWare would be that bad a choice assuming there is no Wii Fit stage.
....Wii Fit is an exercise game mainly... I don't think she'd share a stage with the fattest character in the game :troll:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
On one hand, those empty spots on both screens look really awkward and ugly if it's supposed to represent a finished product and the screens could easily have been designed differently to avoid that. On the other hand, there may be DLC which needs to have room kept for it.
Mario Kart 8 DLC shows that mucking up the CSS and SSS isn't really necessary to keep room for DLC. MK8's character and course select screens looked complete. There was room for more, of course, but they didn't leave obvious blank spots that were meant to be filled in.

Personally, I think if that roster screen is the final, fully unlocked roster, then it's the worst organized of all Smash CSS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

....Wii Fit is an exercise game mainly... I don't think she'd share a stage with the fattest character in the game :troll:
An exercise game with a ton of minigames. The Microgames on the WarioWare stage include;
  • Dodging arrows by sidestepping
  • Popping balloons which are usually in the air and one has to jump to reach them
  • Jumping to avoid being buried
  • Avoiding a car
  • Chiseling a stone statue
  • Avoiding a foot
  • Taunting (Wii Fit Trainer's taunt are stretches)
Seems pretty active to me.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Why? Health and weight aren't actually directly related. Have you seen Wario Man? He's like SONIC Fast. Also, all that garlic is good for your heart. I suspect KIRBY's the one that's out of shape here. Did you see how much he sucks at Yoga?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
An exercise game with a ton of minigames. The Microgames on the WarioWare stage include;
  • Dodging arrows by sidestepping
  • Popping balloons which are usually in the air and one has to jump to reach them
  • Jumping to avoid being buried
  • Avoiding a car
  • Chiseling a stone statue
  • Avoiding a foot
  • Taunting (Wii Fit Trainer's taunt are stretches)
Seems pretty active to me.
Wii Fit Trainer will get her own stage. Sharing stages are usually reserved for very unimportant/obscure things (FE in Melee, ROB in Brawl)

D

Deleted member

Wii Fit Trainer will get her own stage. Sharing stages are usually reserved for very unimportant/obscure things (FE in Melee, ROB in Brawl)
If Wii Fit Trainer is to have her own stage, I question why it isn't on the supposed leaked stage select. There's very clearly room for one more stage, which could belong to Wii Fit Trainer. But why would it not be present? A Wii Fit stage doesn't seem like the kind of stage to be hidden until the end. Or maybe her home stage is Living Room. There is a TV in the background that you could use to play Wii Fit on

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
If Wii Fit Trainer is to have her own stage, I question why it isn't on the supposed leaked stage select. There's very clearly room for one more stage, which could belong to Wii Fit Trainer. But why would it not be present? A Wii Fit stage doesn't seem like the kind of stage to be hidden until the end. Or maybe her home stage is Living Room. There is a TV in the background that you could use to play Wii Fit on
Which is why I think that part is fake.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I just can't wait until we are talking about all the characters that are in the game on September 13th(or whenever we get official confirmation) then the conversation will switch to who do we want as DLC.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Dream Land (64)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City (64)
Corneria (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Castle Siege (Brawl)
Spear Pillar (Brawl)

I agree with this, why did we even need another scrolling Mario stage when we already have two, worst of all is that DK, Metroid and Star Fox end up without new stages, but oh well.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
The stage icons could shrink more giving room for even more stages.
This is the e3 demo build where the stages look fairly large.
Got to 1:12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom