• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Dr. Mario was featured in the IMGUR leak with all the other pictures that have now been confirmed. So yeah, I'm confident he's in the game as a separate character.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys, I'd suggest not to believe anything as of right now. A lot of leakers have been trying to throw people off and contradicting each other while doing it. Unless we get convincing proof like the CSS leak, don't pay any mind to the leakers.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. DHD is either an assist trophy or just a trophy (the leaker told me he didn't know which it was just yet) and Dr Mario is really just a costume alt for Mario ala Project M. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)
not to be rude bruh but, proof, we need that, its a neccesary thing

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
if you're going to say something regarding leaks, you need to have something to back it up....just saying
I'd absolutely adore flat out believing guys like this....but, I just can't....

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So I've been in contact with one of the leakers (not the guy who got busted by Nintendo) and he told me that Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog were added to the initial CSS picture to throw off everyone. In other words, they are NOT part of the final roster. DHD is either an assist trophy or just a trophy (the leaker told me he didn't know which it was just yet) and Dr Mario is really just a costume alt for Mario ala Project M. Just thought I would share that with you all. Sadly, I don't have any photos as the Big N is cracking down on leakers it would appear and we all saw what happened to that one guy yesterday, so you will just have to take my word for this, but do know what the leaker said was true. :)
Dude, please don't lie.
This is pretty unbelievable. I doubt Nintendo would be like "Hey these renders of Bowser J.R. Shulk, and literally everybody not confirmed are exactly correct, but these two aren't in! Sure it's not something to throw us off!"

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if its been mentioned, but the whole roster looks really scattered as opposed to the previous having a grouping system. That alone makes it feel fake.

I guess im referring to the location of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina.

Last edited:

OMN15145H

Smash Cadet

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, if there are only 35 stages, obviously characters will share stages in the 3DS version.
This is just math.
Either the leaked stages are not all of them (which seems probable to me, that it i only one page and we will have another)
Or characters are sharing them.
We have over 35 characters.

...have people really not given this any thought?
Characters sharing stages doesn't sound unlikely to me, unfortunately. It would be so great to have more or less 50 stages.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You're just lucky rumors are a gray area, as this is obvious trolling.

Get back on topic everyone.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I don't know if its been mentioned, but the whole roster looks really scattered as opposed to the previous having a grouping system. That alone makes it feel fake.
It has been mentioned. several times. (sorry if it sounds sour it's just it's annoying when people point out things that have been debunked many times or just plain sound like nitpicks than actual problems).

If anything, it's been commonly decided that it's proof that the CSS is incomplete, as shown off with Melee's positioning of pikachu in the starting roster, and Brawl's roster in general before everyone's unlocked

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
mm, i dont think roster layout consistancy is a huge problem. besides, its pretty much confirmed that there are still some missing characters, that can explain why it looks so scattered. (perhaps bowser jr. was supposed to be an unlockable character, and thus once unlocked was placed in an odd, scattered-like position)

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sakurai has stated before that adding characters to Smash is in fact, character multiplication. Not addition. Why is this so? If we have 50 characters, and add one more, is that not addition?
The answer, is no. All characters need to be balanced versus each other, o when you add one more character, you need to play it against each of the other characters. It is not simply adding it into the 50, it is playing it against each of the other 50 characters.

VISUAL:If we just have three characters, Mario, Link, and Pikachu, there are only a few matches of 1v1 to worry about. Mario-Mario, Mario-Link, Mario-Pikachu, Link-Link, Link-Pikachu, and Pikachu-Pikachu. If you add in ONE character, Kirby, you get four more options. Kirby-Kirby, Kirby-Mario, Kirby-Link, Kirby-Pikachu. Then, add in Samus, and you get Samus-Samus, Samus-Mario, Samus-Link, Samus-Pikachu, Samus-Kirby. This is without factoring in 3 or 4 player matches at all! It is actually a very strenuous process, and why a 4-player fighting game of such freedom is so hard to balance.
And it's not even just 2-4 player matches because items and stages also multiply into things, and with this game, there are now alternate special attacks to throw into the mix. And that's only if you're looking at balance; looking at it from a bug-testing perspective, alternate costumes are also thrown into the mix. The combinations are astronomical and there is much more to be tested and balanced in SSB than in Mario Kart.

EDIT: There are also the different vs. modes to take into account. Stock, time, coin, special...Maybe there's something else I'm forgetting that also adds a billion more combinations.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I'd suggest watching Relax Alax's video about the history of the leaks, he completely debunks everything 'fake' about the CSS leak including what you said.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I do not buy that chronological order thing, at least, not if the roster in its current form is "Complete". It's utterly hideous and seems to just have tons of various rules that most people would never figure out unless told.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
The amount of people who are either overtly gullible or overtly skeptical in this thread kind of brings me down :/

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the most clear thing to assume to be true right now is that, if you believe the previous leak (almost guaranteed) , and that a Nintendo rep is going to be fired because of it (probable), that NO Nintendo rep is going to be leaking ANYTHING at his point.

If a prisoner escapes from jail, security tightens. There won't be MORE leaks now, employees will be more aware of the severity of leaks, and consequences will be more apparent. I'd expect no other leaks from this point on, not from employees anyway.

Any leaker saying 'an NoA employee told me,' is bull****ting.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
While a guy's post on a forum without a picture won't convince me one way or another, this is the reason that I'm being skeptic about DHD and Dr. Mario. Video evidence of Jr. and Shulk were enough, and Dark Pit's Dark Pit Staff has convinced me that he's not a alt costume, but we've only got one source who has leaked pictures of the roster screen with DHD and Dr. Mario on it. Them not being on the roster is unlikely, but possible.
Where can I see Dark Pit footage? He has a staff?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I would dislike this roster if it weren't for the leak before the ninka that makes Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Dixie Kong very likely. Thank god.
Doesn't mean EVERYTHING about the 4chan leak is real tho...;)
Dude please stop it with the obvious trolling. If people believed you with the DHD and Dr.Mario being fake, imagine how much crap you would get for that.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Part of me hopes that the supposed new leak is real just for the confirmation that when you pick one of the Koopalings, they get called their name instead of Bowser Jr. The other part of me doesn't want Sakurai suffering even more.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
All these random text leaks are getting annoying now. Now that we most likely have a real leak, fake leakers are using it and connecting their own little leaks to it to make seem believable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wait a ****.

N's castle here matches with leak.
As if it couldn't be any more confirmed.
The fact that Sakurai has, two days in a row, shown images almost directly from the leak, shows me that he is not only aware of the leak, but playing into it.

This bodes well for my theory that he expected (or assumed) the roster would either be leaked, or that it easily could be leaked, (as Brawl's was) or... at least that the games roster would be leaked moments after the game cartridge was received (or sold early) at a location in Japan. In short- the likelihood of the roster getting out early, to the masses, was almost inevitable. The community for this game is huge- just look at E3 being won by smash single-handedly; or the regularly updated website with info on the game (over a year old); or this forum (and all the others) with thousands of regular posters.

Sakurai would have known of this being likely

And given Sakurai's love for surprise, and the fact that the roster was not told to us before the leak, and in fact, this month of updates before the release has been not only nonchalant but pretty abdicates all responsibility...this just... really screams that he has more characters than what COULD have possibly been leaked, or at least, it screams this to me. Or, in other words, that the cartridge never had the full roster in the first place.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
>The Mr L costume is an Alt costume of Luigi.
>The Sports outfit is an Alt costume of Peach.

I hate leaks like this one. They always get my hopes up for cool stuff and end up being fake >_>
I'm not trusting this till there is proof, but man that Mr. L costume would be so amazing!!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Where can I see Dark Pit footage? He has a staff?
Sorry, but he hasn't had any footage yet, but if you look closely at this picture of him, you can make out part of the Dark Pit Staff in his artwork:

It's that purple thing and that's not his pin- that's visible just under his ear. With his Dark Pit Staff appearing in his artwork, he can't be a simple alt costume of Pit edited into the CSS- an alt costume wouldn't have a completely different weapon. To me, this screams playable and confirmed (since the same artwork has popped up twice from two different sources). Dr. Mario, on the other hand, could (I'm not saying that it's likely) be a Mario alt since his artwork doesn't depict himself with anything substantially different from Mario and he could easily be skinned over Mario without causing a problem.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but he hasn't had any footage yet, but if you look closely at this picture of him, you can make out part of the Dark Pit Staff in his artwork:

It's that purple thing and that's not his pin- that's visible just under his ear. With his Dark Pit Staff appearing in his artwork, he can't be a simple alt costume of Pit edited into the CSS- an alt costume wouldn't have a completely different weapon. To me, this screams playable and confirmed (since the same artwork has popped up twice from two different sources). Dr. Mario, on the other hand, could (I'm not saying that it's likely) be a Mario alt since his artwork doesn't depict himself with anything substantially different from Mario and he could easily be skinned over Mario without causing a problem.
Though Dr. Mario most likely doesn't have F.L.U.D.D, and he probably has either a new down-B, or Mario's old down-B from Melee, in which case, he could be separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom