• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Why does everyone believe the whole top screen has to be filled out anyway? The first thing I thought of when I saw the leak was this:

It's not filled out like a neat perfect little shrine. The 3DS CSS could have some holes.

My point being, are we just assuming five more characters because of the fact that it isn't layed out to fill up the whole screen? The footage leakers don't know any more than the ESRB video. and Ninkasa or whatever hasn't shown us any evidence.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There's still one thing that's really odd about this leak and no one discussed it.

See that "Positivo" logo there?

That's a brazilian PC Monitor brand/company/whatever you call them logo. There's literally NO reason to ESRB use Positivo monitors.
Maybe exports? I dunno.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
There's no reason for me to be using a Tobisha laptop. People have preferences.
We are talking about ESRB. Why would they bother importing a Brazilian monitor that's not really that good and because of taxes stupidly high here at Brazil it is probably more expensive than a normal monitor there at America. It really doesn't make any sense.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go with the leaker on the remaining characters. I feel like if he was lying about them, he would have went back on both the DLC AND these characters.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There's still one thing that's really odd about this leak and no one discussed it.

That's a brazilian PC Monitor brand/company/whatever you call them logo. There's literally NO reason to ESRB use Positivo monitors.
...and?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter how many characters there are. Quantity =/= quality. I am disappointed because I just wanted my Brawl main back. Give me my Brawl main back, I would have been happy, no matter what. But instead, Star Fox loses a good character, Metroid and DK still have only two reps, and Kid ****ing Icarus gets three. He can revamp Pit, yet Ganondorf still appears to be a clone. He can give us back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo.

We have six characters cut. SIX. Six unique movesets gone. if the CSS leak is the full roster, which is still possible, then we only get 9 more characters adding onto Brawl's overall roster count, and 3 of those are last-minute clones, meaning that at some point, someone thought it was okay to cut six unique characters, and only add six more.

This may not be the final roster, Mewtwo and Ridley may still have a shot, and I hope they get in. DLC is a thing as well. But if they don't get in, and DLC doesn't happen, then perhaps this should be Sakurai's last Smash game.

It's great if you like this roster, like it all you wish. I've lost my main twice in a row now, and am not really getting a whole lot in return.
This sums it up perfectly for me. I'm still salty that they put all that effort into making a Dark Samus model, unique moves, animations, etc. just to make it an AT when it would have been a great clone but because of Sakurai bias we get Emo Pit instead. Smash has always been a constant mental duel of getting things I LIKE while things I LOVE just keep getting trashed.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm not gonna bother with the picture, since people have debunked it as fake.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
You can't get a Positivo monitor out of Brazil unless you import one. And if you read my last post:
We are talking about ESRB. Why would they bother importing a Brazilian monitor that's not really that good and because of taxes stupidly high here at Brazil it is probably more expensive than a normal monitor there at America. It really doesn't make any sense.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is this 100percent confirmation video that NoA took down?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Why does everyone believe the whole top screen has to be filled out anyway? The first thing I thought of when I saw the leak was this:

It's not filled out like a neat perfect little shrine. The 3DS CSS could have some holes.

My point being, are we just assuming five more characters because of the fact that it isn't layed out to fill up the whole screen? The footage leakers don't know any more than the ESRB video. and Ninkasa or whatever hasn't shown us any evidence.
Looks to me like someone hasn't unlocked Sonic and Tails. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The two blank spots on the Melee CSS were actually used as secret random slots. If you place your token on either, it would fly up to a random character.

So they technically had a use.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You can't get a Positivo monitor out of Brazil unless you import one. And if you read my last post:

Still don't see how that changes anything. They have a monitor that would've needed to have been imported? They could have imported it. Simple. The type of monitor doesn't change the validity of the leak. The videos exist and that's what matters

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
The Brazil thing... why does it matter? The ESRB video stuff was sent to a couple people and perhaps it made its way to Brazil or a nearby country that uses that brand. Doesn't mean anything incriminating.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hoping very strongly for Ridley/Mewtwo/Chorus Men/Dixie. I don't personally think we need another new retro rep after DHD and we already have ROB/G&W and even arguably Little Mac, so I don't care for Mach Rider so much. Impa would be... alright, but I don't see her doing much that Sheik couldn't already do and I think having three hard clones + ganondorf/toon link is already pushing it there. I also think we're only gonna be seeing four newcomers so that four newcomers + mii fighters fills in the rest of the slots, unless mii fighters don't have an icon at all.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman

It's mainly because the all-stars mode isn't unlocked, meaning the video's have yet to unlock all the characters

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
So you are denouncing clear-cut evidence of the video and images based on a monitor choice?

If I had to guess, perhaps a (former) ESRB employee sent the video to a friend in Brazil and was leaked there. Or perhaps this employee moved or lived in Brazil and leaked it when he got back from America on a work visa. I'm just tossing out guesses here. To discredit something based on a monitor choice is kind of faulty logic.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs

Except the fact that computers use monitors...

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
It doesn't matter how many characters there are. Quantity =/= quality. I am disappointed because I just wanted my Brawl main back. Give me my Brawl main back, I would have been happy, no matter what. But instead, Star Fox loses a good character, Metroid and DK still have only two reps, and Kid ****ing Icarus gets three. He can revamp Pit, yet Ganondorf still appears to be a clone. He can give us back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo.

We have six characters cut. SIX. Six unique movesets gone. if the CSS leak is the full roster, which is still possible, then we only get 9 more characters adding onto Brawl's overall roster count, and 3 of those are last-minute clones, meaning that at some point, someone thought it was okay to cut six unique characters, and only add six more.

This may not be the final roster, Mewtwo and Ridley may still have a shot, and I hope they get in. DLC is a thing as well. But if they don't get in, and DLC doesn't happen, then perhaps this should be Sakurai's last Smash game.

It's great if you like this roster, like it all you wish. I've lost my main twice in a row now, and am not really getting a whole lot in return.
Look man, I know how dissapointing this is for you, but you sound like you feel entitled to your characters. Look on the bright side, we got Duck Hunt! (dog.) But seriously, if you can't handle your main being cut, you should at LEAST have a secondary. I mean, who wants to play one character for, what, 5 years? That would be the most boring experience everrrrrrrr......

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice

Still don't see how that changes anything. They have a monitor that would've needed to have been imported? They could have imported it. Simple. The type of monitor doesn't change the validity of the leak. The videos exist and that's what matters
I'm not saying that it changes anything and that it's fake. We have already seen more than enough proof that it's real. People need to chill.

I just find it really odd this thing about the monitor.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It's mainly because the all-stars mode isn't unlocked, meaning the video's have yet to unlock all the characters
Thank you. That's a great point.

That being said the remaining characters could very well be Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Snake.

But I guess this is all old news to you guys. I'm trying to catch up.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521

Stalkos said:
Hmm yeah, they are on Positivo Televisions, why couldn't they be?

Remember that those images are supposed to come from videos, so those videos must be reproduced in some kind of television/monitor.

This just shows us that the leaker of those images may be a brazilian (or not, I´m not sure if Positivo sell television to other countries).

sephrothmon

Smash Rookie

There are some brazilian players who has this ESRB video, before it was leaked.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Look man, I know how dissapointing this is for you, but you sound like you feel entitled to your characters. Look on the bright side, we got Duck Hunt! (dog.) But seriously, if you can't handle your main being cut, you should at LEAST have a secondary. I mean, who wants to play one character for, what, 5 years? That would be the most boring experience everrrrrrrr......
My secondary, in Melee and in Brawl, was Ganondorf, who, according to the video, is still a ****ing clone.
And ooh, yeah. Duck Hunt Dog. How ****ing exciting.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Thank you. That's a great point.

That being said the remaining characters could very well be Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Snake.

But I guess this is all old news to you guys. I'm trying to catch up.
Everything about remaining characters is speculation. They could very well still be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom