• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdyMike

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeMike42
Has anyone else here joined today just to discuss the leak?

Either way, has there been any info I missed about Dark Pit? I'd like to know if he's a clone or not. Because I sincerely hope that he is not a clone. Sakurai gives Kid Icarus Uprising a lot of love in SSB4, so I think it would be a bit odd for there to be a KI recolor clone.

It would be cool if he used other weapons from Uprising, like Claws and whatnot.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
YES! Now i hope it will end in a good way. Not "leaker gets away easily without any problems" of course.
It was a joke yo.
Oh...well then...it is hard to tell is post a joke or not.

Either way, has there been any info I missed about Dark Pit? I'd like to know if he's a clone or not. Because I sincerely hope that he is not a clone. Sakurai gives Kid Icarus Uprising a lot of love in SSB4, so I think it would be a bit odd for there to be a KI recolor clone.

It would be cool if he used other weapons from Uprising, like Claws and whatnot.
He is since he is with Dr.Mario and Lucina instead of Kid Icarus characters. That is a waste of time IMO. Just like in case of Dr.Mario. But in case of DP, it is obvious bias since a franchise that got recently ressurected gets 2 NEW characters, 1 revamped character and a lot of new content while franchises like DK and Metroid are left with less even though they are both successful, popular and has MORE GAMES. Feels unfair.

Last edited:

AuraStorm13

Smash Rookie
Dun dun Dun:
I expected some repercussions for this leak, so I saw this one coming. Granted, the legitimacy of this user's claim can be debated, but if this leak is the real deal, which is highly likely at this point, someone's going to be in hot water.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Impossible or at least not Lucina kind of clone. They are just too different. At least Ganondorf is powerful without any magic (he broke out of the chains and killed one of the sages with his bare hands, still, his moveset in SSB sucks compared to Hyrule Warriors moveset) while Ridley isn't a guy who creates rocks out of nothing and then breaks them with his head for really high damage for bosses, uses anything similar to Charizard's Up B and he certainly doesn't has a Mega Evolution.
It was a joke, though.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
The pure clones are better off where they are. It is Sakurai's acknowledgement that they are not part of the character representation for the series, that they are bonus, and thusly, that it is not 7 Mario reps, and 3 KI.
Or conversely, they are only there until we get the full roster.

I'm still thinking it could be possible we get another Row or Column of charaters.
Unlikely.

SO MUCH going on.
I stll am holding out for the big three, who seem prominent enough.

And hoping just because I awnto for others, such as Chibi, Isaac, and Sceptile.
But Toon Link is with the other Zelders...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

As far as I know it hasn't been confirmed that he is a clone, but I can't see him being any other way. Especially with him being lined up with Lucina and Doctor Mario as opposed to the Kid Icarus series in the selection screen.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
YES! Now i hope it will end in a good way. Not "leaker gets away easily without any problems" of course.

He is since he is with Dr.Mario and Lucina instead of Kid Icarus characters.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. He may be down there simply due to his cosmetics....not his moveset. :3
There's still hope for the guy!
DARK PIT STAFF PLEASE!!!

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
My secondary, in Melee and in Brawl, was Ganondorf, who, according to the video, is still a ****ing clone.
And ooh, yeah. Duck Hunt Dog. How ****ing exciting.
If you dont like clones dont play them. There was no reason to curse btw

(also DHD is perhaps the most exciting thing ever, how do you not like that?)

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Ooh... Fired AND sued?
But he still has a copy and a 3DS at the time. Maybe he can still leak. :p
If he is being sued, I hadly believe he will leak more information. It can put him in a worse situation.

That is, assuming that afirmation in neoGAF is true.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

Currently, it is fairly easy to assume he will indeed be a straight clone. Since he is lumped in his own section along with Lucina and Dr. Mario, two of the biggest clones in Smash history, it is reasonable to assume he will also be a pretty direct clone. As in, clonier than Toon Link/Ganondorf.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I think it's more likely than not given who he is that Pittoo is a clone.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So, Ridley suddenly loses half of his body for some time, then suddenly regrows it? Meta Ridley isn't Ridley in armor. It is Ridley with a lot of parts replaced by those things. As in those cybernetic/whatever parts replace those that were blown off or were just not fully functional anymore. And it won't change that much anyway.

Not so giant. His wings are. But it doesn't means he is really giant, like he usually is. Also, why is he so high? Players (that are not shown on the stage by the way) would not reach him like that and he certainly would not hide there.
He could hover high into the stage until his time to fight comes. Similarly to Yellow Devil and presumably the Dark Lord.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I don't remember where it is being discussed, the entire board is a total mess to read now!
Someone saying that the leaker was a brazilian one! I'm from Brazil, so... I am the leaker? LOL

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
If he is being sued, I hadly believe he will leak more information. It can put him in a worse situation.

That is, assuming that afirmation in neoGAF is true.
Actually not really, the fact Nintendo is doing a lawsuit based on an NDA Breakage only has so much it can go. It's not like he committed an actual crime like embezzlement or treason.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*shrugs* I suppose that makes sense. Different perspectives and all that.

But your math seems a bit off. How do we only have six unique additional movesets? We have Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Pac-man, Palutena, Mii Guner, Mii Swordsman, Mii Brawler, Robin, Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Duck Hunt Dog. That's 15 by my count, and possibly up to 5 more. 15-20 new move-sets is ridiculous.

Minus three for the Mii's, since so far, they seem to only use moves we have seen use from other characters.

So, 12.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
*shrugs* I suppose that makes sense. Different perspectives and all that.

But your math seems a bit off. How do we only have six unique additional movesets? We have Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Pac-man, Palutena, Mii Guner, Mii Swordsman, Mii Brawler, Robin, Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Duck Hunt Dog. That's 15 by my count, and possibly up to 5 more. 15-20 new move-sets is ridiculous.
Didn't say anything about movesets, I said characters. Brawl had 39. This one has 48 (IF the CSS leak is of the full roster). Meaning we only get 9 more overall characters, 3 being last-minute clones, on top of six unique characters being cut. 15-20 new unique movesets is great, but you know what's better? Keeping at least a couple of those unique movesets you threw away for no reason.

Last edited:

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
I wanna see Dark Pit use clubs or something of the sort, just to make him drastically more different that Pit.

Espio264

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter how many characters there are. Quantity =/= quality. I am disappointed because I just wanted my Brawl main back. Give me my Brawl main back, I would have been happy, no matter what. But instead, Star Fox loses a good character, Metroid and DK still have only two reps, and Kid ****ing Icarus gets three. He can revamp Pit, yet Ganondorf still appears to be a clone. He can give us back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo.

We have six characters cut. SIX. Six unique movesets gone. if the CSS leak is the full roster, which is still possible, then we only get 9 more characters adding onto Brawl's overall roster count, and 3 of those are last-minute clones, meaning that at some point, someone thought it was okay to cut six unique characters, and only add six more.

This may not be the final roster, Mewtwo and Ridley may still have a shot, and I hope they get in. DLC is a thing as well. But if they don't get in, and DLC doesn't happen, then perhaps this should be Sakurai's last Smash game.

It's great if you like this roster, like it all you wish. I've lost my main twice in a row now, and am not really getting a whole lot in return.
Some of you may criticize this, but he's exactly right. Here's hoping for more characters!

Dark Pit is NOT a worthy character. Any one of us here can name 25 more deserving ALL STARS that should have been included first. He's not a unique character. He's likely not even a good clone. He's a DUPLICATE.

Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk and Bowser Jr. are all very exciting, the roster isn't a total loss, of course not, but Dark Pit is unnecessary. A lot of you justify his inclusion as "extra padding once the roster was completed" and that, " he didn't take anyone's slot". This is true. He didn't take anyone's slot, but he doesn't merit his own. He should have been left off and we should have had one less character. It wouldn't feel like a slap in the face to some of us that way. If there was time to work up extra stuff at the end of development, THEN FIX THE DAMN ICE CLIMBERS.

His art in the leaked screens looks great, and I'm not one of those who "won't get the game because this is happening" people, but it's still stupid.

Further characters or DLC is what makes a lot of us forgive this. Mega All Stars like Mewtwo, Ridley or Dixie are enough to make us forget about the inclusion of pointless add ons. That way he just becomes extra swag we got in the package with the heavy hitters.

Hopefully the hearsay on extra characters is true. Call me a whiner, call me entitled, but I've been there since Day 1 of Smash 64, and this is the first time I've really felt disappointed in ANY decision Sakurai has made. If we can have 8 KOOPAS share one slot, then Dark Pit should be a costume at most.

He even said in the Direct with Lucario's Mega Evolution, "I had to fulfill certain fan expectations." Just give us back our Mewtwo.

I apologize for being sour, but the hammer has dropped, and this is my say.

GLStephen

Smash Cadet
So, something I've remained relatively unclear on today:

Beyond speculation relating to things we have already seen, do we have any credible reason to believe that this isn't the final roster?

I know leakers have said it's not, but it kind of seemed like they were just speculating, too. Does anyone know more about this?

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hmmm...the leaker having the full game makes some sense...it explains why all the characters aren't there...he probably hasn't unlocked them yet.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It was a joke, though.
I hate that kind of argument anyway since it is as bad as "Mewtwo got replaced by f***ing Lucario?! PREORDER F***ING CANCELED!"
I don't think that's necessarily the case. He may be down there simply due to his cosmetics....not his moveset. :3
There's still hope for the guy!
DARK PIT STAFF PLEASE!!!
But it is a lot more likely. It couldn't be an accident that he got into "clones section" instead of right one, just like Lucina and Dr.Mario.
He could hover high into the stage until his time to fight comes. Similarly to Yellow Devil and presumably the Dark Lord.
Yellow Devil is in the background. Anyway, forget what i said before about players being unable to reach them (Palutena's range and Pikachu's Down B FTW). It would be illogical for Ridley to just look at what happens while flying doing absolutely nothing and what if attacks will reach him?
I think that it would be better if he would be BELOW the platform or in that hole.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I believe in Dixie/Chorus Men/Mewtwo/Isaac.
I BELIEVE.

micstar615

Smash Ace

Beyond speculation relating to things we have already seen, do we have any credible reason to believe that this isn't the final roster?

I know leakers have said it's not, but it kind of seemed like they were just speculating, too. Does anyone know more about this?
Because all star mode was shown still to be locked so it's safe to assume this may not be the final roster.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember where it is being discussed, the entire board is a total mess to read now!
Someone saying that the leaker was a brazilian one! I'm from Brazil, so... I am the leaker? LOL
People at neogaf are claiming the leaker is brazilian because of the "Positivo" monitor.

One thing I have to say about it is:

Nintendo's ninjas gonna be up his ass.

Also hi, Brazil here too. Nice to know there are fellow Brazilian smashers here.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Didn't say anything about movesets, I said characters. Brawl had 39. This one has 48 (IF the CSS leak is of the full roster). Meaning we only get 9 more overall characters, 3 being last-minute clones, on top of six unique characters being cut. 15-20 new unique movesets is great, but you know what's better? Keeping at least a couple of those unique movesets you threw away for no reason.
I wouldn't say for no reason. Sakurai has already mentioned how they weren't planning on cutting any characters. My guess is they ran out of time, but figured they still had enough to throw in 2-3 clones.

Last edited:

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
Been following this leak for a while. The original CSS evidence seemed a little dodgy at first, but I think the video evidence really sets this leak apart from the rest. It's very hard to fake gameplay and make it look believable at the same time.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

All star mode lock and blank CSS areas with room for 5 more boxes.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Breach of contract is a crime.
Yes, but it's handled differently than other corporate crimes. As far as I'm aware, there is no jail time attached to breach of contract for a corporation. Just very severe fines that cover a lump amount. You can't have minor breach of contract. Just breach of contract.
At this point the leaker has nothing to lose from leaking everything else he has, because Nintendo can only sue him for more money.

GLStephen

Smash Cadet
All star mode lock and blank CSS areas with room for 5 more boxes.
I just don't find that very compelling. People insisted there would be 2 more characters when the Melee CSS leaked. The lock and CSS pics could have been taken at different times.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If you dont like clones dont play them. There was no reason to curse btw

(also DHD is perhaps the most exciting thing ever, how do you not like that?)
I play Ganondorf because I like Ganondorf. I wish he had his own moveset, especially since Pit has now had 2. Bowser was revamped, why can't Ganondorf be? I have no issue with clones, as long as they make sense, but there is NO REASON Ganondorf should STILL be one.
Also, I'll curse if I damn well feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom