• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
So you are denouncing clear-cut evidence of the video and images based on a monitor choice?

If I had to guess, perhaps a (former) ESRB employee sent the video to a friend in Brazil and was leaked there. Or perhaps this employee moved or lived in Brazil and leaked it when he got back from America on a work visa. I'm just tossing out guesses here. To discredit something based on a monitor choice is kind of faulty logic.
Guys you are getting me on the wrong way, I BELIEVE THE LEAK

But this is something really odd for ESRB to do, that's just my thought

Chill guys, please.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Directly from Serebii:

In The Games Department
Pokémon - New Project

It has been announced that a special stream is to be held on August 26th at 10pm JST (2pm BST, 9am EDT) called Monthly Famitsu feat. Pokémon Special on NicoNico. It is not known what this project is, whether it's a game, a new manga etc., but they say it's a surprising announcement. This stream will be hosted by Ayana Tsubaki & Bunbun-maru and features special guests Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of The Pokémon Company, as well as Nobuhiko Okamoto & Aoi Yuuki, who voiced Iris in the anime, and two currently unknown special guests. We'll provide details as soon as possible. ~

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
We are talking about ESRB. Why would they bother importing a Brazilian monitor that's not really that good and because of taxes stupidly high here at Brazil it is probably more expensive than a normal monitor there at America. It really doesn't make any sense.
Maybe because they live there, maybe they got it from their mother, maybe they were at another place when they needed to watch this stuff.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Everyone, the shocking announcement IS a Pokemon announcement. This was confirmed some time ago, not today.

Last edited:

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
On a slightly off-topic, but related, note, I wonder if Bowser Jr.'s inclusion in Smash (and assumed Amiibo) means he will eventually be playable in Mario Kart 8 - was always odd that he didn't make the cut but all seven of the Koopalings did.

Anyways, I absolutely love the roster as shown. It has a great mix of veterans and newcomers and it really seems like they went balls to the wall for this game. If we do end up getting an additional five characters that would just be icing on the cake. And this is without seeing all of the alternate costumes and custom moves that can be assigned (personally would love to see a leak of Mega Man's full move set options).

If we do get the five additional (assuming Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley are in given an above poster's assumptions) - I'd definitely want Impa and Mach Rider as the final two. My longshot hope all along has been Professor Layton but I figured that had no real shot at happening.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

"1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage." from another person.

HMMM. So our dragon isn't resized like most people insisted. WELL WELL WELL.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

"1. It's a stage surrounded by scorching heat and lava. It's a relatively simple layout with one main floating platform with a few smaller platforms above it, but there seems to be the shadow of "something" giant...? 2,3. The more detailed information on the tricks of this stage are still unclear, but this is not actually such a simple stage." from another person.

Obviously Kraid.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

It honestly can just be one of the other huge giant monsters in Metroid.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Maybe because they live there, maybe they got it from their mother, maybe they were at another place when they needed to watch this stuff.
Fair enough. Could be somehow the leaker got the avi video and watched at his place where he uses a Brazilian monitor because he could been brazilian and took his monitor with him when he moved to USA, or could been mother's present, or something else.

See guys, it's not that hard to guess without out-right thinking that because of this I think the leak is fake. The leak is fake in no way imo. It has all the evidence to back it up

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace

The magazine is just making assumptions. Magazines like them and Famitsu only are given certain amounts of content to present. They know literally nothing more about the stage than we do.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

B-B-B-buttt the people int he Ridley thread, the did the math, they have charts and pcitures, the shadow is actually normal sized. He's not that big. HE'S NOT TOO BIG

/jokes

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone believe the whole top screen has to be filled out anyway? The first thing I thought of when I saw the leak was this:

It's not filled out like a neat perfect little shrine. The 3DS CSS could have some holes.

My point being, are we just assuming five more characters because of the fact that it isn't layed out to fill up the whole screen? The footage leakers don't know any more than the ESRB video. and Ninkasa or whatever hasn't shown us any evidence.
Late response, but another reason people think there's more is the fact that some characters in the leaked roster seem to be positioned weirdly. Doc, D.Pit and Lucina aren't lined up with their franchises, so the theory is that once all the characters are unlocked everyone will be grouped together properly. IIRC it was like that in Melee and Brawl

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
To those who thinks that Sakurai should have revealed stuff earlier - do you even know how game development goes? Its not like there is everything instantly done and he just waits until he gets bored enough and reveals stuff. Developers prepare models, animations, etc. and trailers before that. To make a single trailer, you will most likely need a week to finish it without it having any issues like missing parts or something like that. Before even considering releasing a trailer, developers need to finish character itself. I agree that information on certain things should have been revealed at least 10 months ago (*coughRidley'srolecough*), but i don't think i should complain about other things that are most likely not even finished. Would it be nice if he would show us unfinished buggy content just to reveal all of the stuff sooner/earlier/faster? Of course it wouldn't.

Anyway, leaker will most likely suffer from that whole situation and if he won't, then...? Isn't he a part of ESBR or something like that? Isn't is a really bad thing?
Since NoA removed those videos, i 100% believe they are real. But i am not sure about the whole leak itself or that Ninka/whatever leak is true.

And Ridley a Charizard clone.
Impossible or at least not Lucina kind of clone. They are just too different. At least Ganondorf is powerful without any magic (he broke out of the chains and killed one of the sages with his bare hands, still, his moveset in SSB sucks compared to Hyrule Warriors moveset) while Ridley isn't a guy who creates rocks out of nothing and then breaks them with his head for really high damage for bosses, uses anything similar to Charizard's Up B and he certainly doesn't has a Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's the foreboding shadow of Yoshio Sakamoto. His horrible presence will be a forever stain on the series.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Obviously Kraid.
Kraid with wings would be the best damn boss ever.

The magazine is just making assumptions. Magazines like them and Famitsu only are given certain amounts of content to present. They know literally nothing more about the stage than we do.
I heard those articles were written by Sakurai himself. It makes sense, he's usually pretty coy about this stuff.

It honestly can just be one of the other huge giant monsters in Metroid.
But we were shown Ridley in this stage, who else could it be? Don't get me wrong, Ridley being a boss wouldn't hurt his chances of being playable, but this is still a lot to think about. That shadow is huge, it has wings, and is above. We know that bosses will warn you when they're about to come so that could be the warning. Not saying it's Ridley, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or does the gameplay look slower in the leak than what has been shown in actual 3ds footage?
Most likely trying to show off moves than play to win.

EDIT: On the Ridley thing
It would be a completely **** move for Sakurai to not mention him by name THIS ENTIRE TIME if he were just a boss in one stage in one version of the game. He'd be getting less billing than the Yellow Devil, and that's just a cameo.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Impossible or at least not Lucina kind of clone. They are just too different. At least Ganondorf is powerful without any magic (he broke out of the chains and killed one of the sages with his bare hands, still, his moveset in SSB sucks compared to Hyrule Warriors moveset) while Ridley isn't a guy who creates rocks out of nothing and then breaks them with his head for really high damage for bosses, uses anything similar to Charizard's Up B and he certainly doesn't has a Mega Evolution.
Yes he does... Meta Ridley.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Late response, but another reason people think there's more is the fact that some characters in the leaked roster seem to be positioned weirdly. Doc, D.Pit and Lucina aren't lined up with their franchises, so the theory is that once all the characters are unlocked everyone will be grouped together properly. IIRC it was like that in Melee and Brawl
The pure clones are better off where they are. It is Sakurai's acknowledgement that they are not part of the character representation for the series, that they are bonus, and thusly, that it is not 7 Mario reps, and 3 KI.
Or conversely, they are only there until we get the full roster.

I'm still thinking it could be possible we get another Row or Column of charaters.
Unlikely.

SO MUCH going on.
I stll am holding out for the big three, who seem prominent enough.

And hoping just because I want to for others, such as Chibi, Isaac, and Sceptile.

Last edited:

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does the gameplay look slower in the leak than what has been shown in actual 3ds footage?
It could just be because it was a guy with no idea what he was doing vs 3 lv.5 cpus. It seemed like there was a lot of standing around and random jumping. But you could be right.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter how many characters there are. Quantity =/= quality. I am disappointed because I just wanted my Brawl main back. Give me my Brawl main back, I would have been happy, no matter what. But instead, Star Fox loses a good character, Metroid and DK still have only two reps, and Kid ****ing Icarus gets three. He can revamp Pit, yet Ganondorf still appears to be a clone. He can give us back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo.

We have six characters cut. SIX. Six unique movesets gone. if the CSS leak is the full roster, which is still possible, then we only get 9 more characters adding onto Brawl's overall roster count, and 3 of those are last-minute clones, meaning that at some point, someone thought it was okay to cut six unique characters, and only add six more.

This may not be the final roster, Mewtwo and Ridley may still have a shot, and I hope they get in. DLC is a thing as well. But if they don't get in, and DLC doesn't happen, then perhaps this should be Sakurai's last Smash game.

It's great if you like this roster, like it all you wish. I've lost my main twice in a row now, and am not really getting a whole lot in return.
*shrugs* I suppose that makes sense. Different perspectives and all that.

But your math seems a bit off. How do we only have six unique additional movesets? We have Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Pac-man, Palutena, Mii Guner, Mii Swordsman, Mii Brawler, Robin, Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Duck Hunt Dog. That's 15 by my count, and possibly up to 5 more. 15-20 new move-sets is ridiculous.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes he does... Meta Ridley.
So, Ridley suddenly loses half of his body for some time, then suddenly regrows it? Meta Ridley isn't Ridley in armor. It is Ridley with a lot of parts replaced by those things. As in those cybernetic/whatever parts replace those that were blown off or were just not fully functional anymore. And it won't change that much anyway.

Not so giant. His wings are. But it doesn't means he is really giant, like he usually is. Also, why is he so high? Players (that are not shown on the stage by the way) would not reach him like that and he certainly would not hide there.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So, Ridley suddenly loses half of his body for some time, then suddenly regrows it? Meta Ridley isn't Ridley in armor. It is Ridley with a lot of parts replaced by those things. And it won't change that much anyway.

Not so giant. His wings are. But it doesn't means he is really giant, like he usually is. Also, why is he so high? Players (that are not shown on the stage by the way) would not reach him like that and he certainly would not hide there.
It was a joke yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom