• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly New Unescapable Wolf Combo?

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I haven't seen anything on this being discovered, so I thought I would just share this.

Basically, you grab release, not the normal pummel till release, but they have to do a jump break. After they do the jump break, immediately use your side b. On most characters, (does not work on fast fallers), this will automatically sweet spot, and most likely will either send them downward, or away from you, thus being a good last resort move if you're on the same stock or above a stock. A Wolfcide if you will, since the only way it will spike is if you actually die as well. This isn't really useful any other way as it only does 15%, but if they are high it can be an easy K.O, if it sends them a different direction.

Also, I'm not sure if it would be clarified as a combo, as there's only one move that does damage.

Please do tell me if this has already been discovered, thanks.

Oh, and on the "unescapable" part, I tested it on my friend and he said he could not escape it at all.

EDIT: NEW VIDEO, APPLICATION IS AT THE END

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's called a Jump Break, pressing Y while trying to escape. I think that is what you mean.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
It's called a Jump Break, pressing Y while trying to escape. I think that is what you mean.
Hmm, would the control stick off as a jump count? Because my friend was pressing the control stick at an upward angle with tap jump off without pushing any jump button.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Jump releases aren't that reliable...I'l take a closer look at it...

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't this rely on the opponent doing something stupid to initiate the jump break? IE pressing the jump button?
I think if you get grabbed and the person grabbing you doesn't do anything you'll eventually break free anyway. Or something like that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Doesn't this rely on the opponent doing something stupid to initiate the jump break? IE pressing the jump button?
Yes it id totally dependent on them doing a jump break. But with this released this will kill all chances of them wanting to do one.

Except for the fact of your insane Fsmash range. So lesser of too evils thoug.

LibertyD

Smash Rookie
I tested this out. It works but not in the way I expected.Instead of spiking most of the time, I end up having the knockback effect, where instead, it knocks them back further. This isn't bad as it can finish the job no Wolficide is needed for it as well (Though Wolfcide makes it REAL easy to kill as well).
Soo....
Any tips how to make it spike more often? >X( I did it once only...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Tried this on some characters that can be combo'd from a jump break (such as yoshi's CG), and out of squirtle, wario, and ness, none of them go into position for the side B. This won't work on everyone, and as teekay said, you can't force a jump break, it would be a waste of a grab, and if you just pummel them they get released to the ground when they break out. Nonetheless, a good tactic in the event your opponent does get a jump break, but not something you should try to set up.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I haven't seen anything on this being discovered, so I thought I would just share this.

Basically, you grab release, not the normal pummel till release, but they have to do a jump break. After they do the jump break, immediately use your side b. On most characters, (does not work on fast fallers), this will automatically sweet spot, and most likely will send them downward, thus being a good last resort move if you're on the same stock or above a stock. A Wolfcide if you will, since the only way it will spike is if you actually die as well. This isn't really useful any other way as it only does 15%, but if they are high it can be an easy K.O, if it somehow sends them a different direction.

Also, I'm not sure if it would be clarified as a combo, as there's only one move that does damage.

Please do tell me if this has already been discovered, thanks.

Oh, and on the "unescapable" part, I tested it on my friend and he said he could not escape it at all.

EDIT: If you want to try this on a guaranteed jump breaker, level 9 computers always jump break if you don't pummel them for some reason.
Basically, you grab release, not the normal pummel till release, but they have to do a jump break. After they do the jump break, immediately use your side b. On most characters, (does not work on fast fallers), this will automatically sweet spot, and most likely will send them downward, thus being a good last resort move if you're on the same stock or above a stock. A Wolfcide if you will, since the only way it will spike is if you actually die as well. This isn't really useful any other way as it only does 15%, but if they are high it can be an easy K.O, if it somehow sends them a different direction.
On most characters, (does not work on fast fallers), this will automatically sweet spot, and most likely will send them downward, thus being a good last resort move if you're on the same stock or above a stock. A Wolfcide if you will, since the only way it will spike is if you actually die as well. This isn't really useful any other way as it only does 15%, but if they are high it can be an easy K.O, if it somehow sends them a different direction.
A Wolfcide if you will

**** it, I need to start making threads on my ideas more often. First Ish figures out a D-Air combo, then THIS.

Oh, well... I guess a jump-break to Wolf Flash has never been thought of. Neat idea, but I guess anyone who gets O'Donnell-cided at the edge for a spike via this ain't gonna fall for it again that match.

Still! Good idea!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol Pat. Speaking of Wolfcide, I did something similar with upB a short while ago. Hop back and upB from the ledge, if someone runs out to harass you, they might get pushed under the stage (not likely though). Anyways, let's try to get a chart of who this can be done on, what % they get killed at, and it you'll spike them without moving. As far as I'm aware though, if they just sit there, every character will end up released on the ground from wolf's grab.

CO18

Smash Hero
Some characters are forced to jumpbreak btw. Such as metaknight. As long as youre not jabbing him upon his release hes forced to

sniperworm

Smash Ace
How an opponent breaks out of a grab depends on whether their feet touch the ground while you're holding them.

Feet not touching the ground: Jump break is default. Ground break can be initiated if opponent is in hitstun from a grab attack when they break free.

Feet touching the ground: Ground break is default. Jump break can be initiated if the person being grabbed uses a jump button as the last input to escape the grab.

Possible people you might want to test are MK and Pikachu who both get released far in the air (in position for SideB, maybe, I don't use Wolf), are short (meaning that their feet probably don't touch the ground), and Wolf doesn't like fighting them (so any sort of "cheap" tactics would probably be appreciated).

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that Wolf doesn't hold the opponent high enough to force anyone to jump break. I guess there'll be no fun grab release stuff for Wolf (unless his ground release nets something).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
MK doesn't have to jump break vs Wolf. No character does, making this still pretty useless.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
By the way, the original poster's belief can be explained by the obscure fact that control stick up counts as a jump input for the purpose of breaking grabs even if tap jump is off.

Also this is probably obvious to everybody, but Wolf (and every character) can force characters to jump break by grabbing them when they're off a platform, down a slope, or off the stage.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Well if you hold the opponent over the edge it would work. But that means Wolf suiciding.
Well, I did kind of intend that.

Plus when I'm attempting to do a grab release attack, they jump break at the most unreliable times. That's why I believe this is the solution to that, if the chance they ever do. Also, it works on Snake. Yay.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well... This could work on platforms.

Also, having tap jump off doesn't influence jump break. If you hold the control stick up, you still get out of the grab by a jump break.

Top Bottom