• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I expeeeect.... the unexpected..

Newcomer - Bowsers Minions (Tagteam Koopa, Goomba, Hammer Bro, Boo and Lakitu)

Veterans - Lucas, Ice Climbers, G&W

HA - your move Sakurai.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I expeeeect.... the unexpected..

Newcomer - Bowsers Minions (Tagteam Koopa, Goomba, Hammer Bro, Boo and Lakitu)

Veterans - Lucas, Ice Climbers, G&W

HA - your move Sakurai.
So do I. Which is why I expect Ridley, Isaac, and Sami to be revealed, and Pac-Man to not be revealed. A lot of people suspect Ridley, but just as many already write him off, and barely anyone talks about Isaac and I've seen almost no one mention Sami. :p

D

Deleted member

I know it makes me a bad person but I would be very glad if ice climbers got disconfirmed... or if they had a massive reworked.
I think everyone wants them reworked to an extent, specifically in the area of chain grabs. They should just make Nana unable to grab or do anything while Popo is grabbing.

*goes into hiding*

Staarih

Smash Master
I know it makes me a bad person but I would be very glad if ice climbers got disconfirmed... or if they had a massive reworked.
I think the Ice Climbers will have been changed at least a bit, if even for the reason that they turned out to be problematic on the 3DS. Yes, Rosaluma works, but she seems to be more of an Olimar + Pikmin situation than actually a pair, even if Luma has its own moves. I just hope the changes to IC's aren't anything that hinders them too much.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
My wildcard guess is Ryu Hayabusa. But I fully expect Pac-Man and other commonly predicted characters.

Misti

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mistimane
Veterans at E3 :
:lucas: :wario: :metaknight: :popo: :mewtwopm:

And the veterans left (:falcon: :falco: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :ness2: :gw: :wolf:) will be shown as "spoiler character".

D

Deleted member

Veterans at E3 :
:lucas: :wario: :metaknight: :popo: :mewtwopm:

And the veterans left (:falcon: :falco: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :ness2: :gw: :wolf:) will be shown as "spoiler character".
Not sure if you intentionally left out :rob: because you think he's cut, or if you just forgot. Either way, I think if Mewtwo is revealed at E3, he will still be a hidden character. Maybe not as late an unlock as he was in Melee, but still hidden. IMO it makes so much sense to reveal him pre-release, but he fits so well as a hidden character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm not expecting a bounty of characters. I think we'll see 2 vets and 2 newcomers, one being third party.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if all we got was one newcomer.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I would like to see...
Veterans- Capt. Falcon, Ness, Ganondorf,and Falco.
Previously cut Veteran- MEWTWO!
Newcomers- Chrom+Lucina, Mii, Pacman, and Ridley.

Overall should be exciting either way.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
I would like to see...
Veterans- Capt. Falcon, Ness, Ganondorf,and Falco.
Previously cut Veteran- MEWTWO!
Newcomers- Chrom+Lucina, Mii, Pacman, and Ridley.

Overall should be exciting either way.
Lucina won't be in. The representative would be Chrom if he got in.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I've seen almost no one mention Sami. :p
Basically because Andy would be in before Sami. He's just far more recognizable amongst AW fans I'd think (I'd much prefer Max) but yeah, Sakurai ain't going to choose Sami over Andy for the sake of more females.

That being said, Andy would be a nice E3 reveal....

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Basically because Andy would be in before Sami. He's just far more recognizable amongst AW fans I'd think (I'd much prefer Max) but yeah, Sakurai ain't going to choose Sami over Andy for the sake of more females.

That being said, Andy would be a nice E3 reveal....
Andy isn't mentioned much, either, but regardless, Sami is still one of the main 3 CO's and Sami still plays a major role in Dual Strike and she's a fan favorite, as well. Andy doesn't even appear in the story for Dual Strike at all. Sami specializes in Infantry and actually is shown wielding a weapon, which is why I think she's got a decent shot at getting in over Andy.

Plus my assumption is that Snake is out and an Advance Wars character would fit his moveset perfectly. Of the main 3 CO's, Sami is the one who best fits that based on everything I've seen.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Andy isn't mentioned much, either, but regardless, Sami is still one of the main 3 CO's and Sami still plays a major role in Dual Strike and she's a fan favorite, as well. Andy doesn't even appear in the story for Dual Strike at all. Sami specializes in Infantry and actually is shown wielding a weapon, which is why I think she's got a decent shot at getting in over Andy.

Plus my assumption is that Snake is out and an Advance Wars character would fit his moveset perfectly. Of the main 3 CO's, Sami is the one who best fits that based on everything I've seen.
Sorry but no, the most part of the movesets are based in the games in which the characters come from, Advance Wars is a strategy turn based game, where Snake is a character where his moveset comes from the action-stealth game. So if a Wars Series character gets in Smash it should have a unique moveset to make justice to the series and characters.

.n_n.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry but no, the most part of the movesets are based in the games in which the characters come from, Advance Wars is a strategy turn based game, where Snake is a character where his moveset comes from the action-stealth game. So if a Wars Series character gets in Smash it should have a unique moveset to make justice to the series and characters.

.n_n.
The whole point though is that a slightly updated Snake moveset would fit. None of the CO's in Advance Wars ever take to the field anyway.

BeatMyLuigi

Smash Apprentice
(challenger approaching)

his recovery

his primary attack

his projectile

one of his specials

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I can see Ridley having a reveal trailer and Mewtwo being in it.
It would open the trailer scene with mewtwo fighting ridley, and after an intense minute of cinematic epicness, with the audience covered in manly tears and jizzed pants, they both vanish into thin air, revealing they were just a pokeball amd assist trophy summoned by the two real newcomers.... balloon fighter and mii. :troll:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Honestly, I still think Sakurai will make this E3 the place for veterans rather than newcomers. That said...

VETS
Captain Falcon Takes the Lead!
Falco Drops By!
Jigglypuff Goes for a Song! (Shut up, he/she/it's totally one of the original 12.)
Lucas Toughs It Out!
Meta Knight Cuts Through!
Mewtwo Returns at Last! (I say he'll be treated more like a veteran because Melee.)
Mr. Game & Watch Can't Miss!
Ness Rocks On! (Because PSI Rockin', geddit? :V)
R.O.B. Lasers Down the Law!
Wario Gases 'em Up!
Wolf Trashes the Hunt!

NEWBIES
Chrom Answers the Outrage!
Dixie Kong Goes for a Spin!
Isaac Brings the Dawn! (Hey, Little Mac could make it. Why can't Isaac?)
Pac-Man Declares Crunch Time!
Palutena Sheds Some Light! (Anyone who says otherwise, YOU'RE FINISHED!)
Sceptile Plants its Roots! (ORAS + Charizard solo + Greninja = The guy's a more logical pick than before. That's why.)
Wild card...yadda yadda yadda.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Lucina won't be in. The representative would be Chrom if he got in.
There's currently no proof either way. I was stating who I'd like to see. I feel Chrom+Lucina tag team is the most logical choice for a Awakening rep because a tag team..
  1. Shows off the Tag team feature that I believe is new to Fire Emblem.
  2. Allows them to use the two main swordsmen.
  3. Makes the new rep for FE more interesting than just another "Blue haired swordsman", Granted Robin or Anna would fix that problem too.
  4. Already works from a technical standpoint as we have had tag teams before (Ice Climbers and now Rosalina and Luma)
  5. Awakening put FE back on the map so a 2 for 1 rep isn't much to ask for.
Honestly, I still think Sakurai will make this E3 the place for veterans rather than newcomers. That said...

VETS
Jigglypuff Goes for a Song! (Shut up, he/she/it's totally one of the original 12.)
Mewtwo Returns at Last! (I say he'll be treated more like a veteran because Melee.)

NEWBIES
Sceptile Plants its Roots! (ORAS + Charizard solo + Greninja = The guy's a more logical pick than before. That's why.)
Great list! I'd love to see all of those happen! 3 new pokemon seems unlikely to me, but I wouldn't rule it out. Sceptile would certainly be a cool addition, especially since he has a Mega evolution now.
Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are more than likely in. Also I'd hope Mewtwo's intro card is "Mewtwo Strikes back!" It's a great call back to his movie. Jigglypuff could also have "Jigglypuff takes the stage!" or something similar.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516

VETS
Captain Falcon Takes the Lead!
Falco Drops By!
Lucas Toughs It Out!
Meta Knight Cuts Through!
Mr. Game & Watch Can't Miss!
Ness Rocks On! (Because PSI Rockin', geddit? :V)
R.O.B. Lasers Down the Law!
Wario Gases 'em Up!
Wolf Trashes the Hunt!

NEWBIES
Chrom Answers the Outrage!
Dixie Kong Goes for a Spin!
Isaac Brings the Dawn! (Hey, Little Mac could make it. Why can't Isaac?)
Pac-Man Declares Crunch Time!
Palutena Sheds Some Light! (Anyone who says otherwise, YOU'RE FINISHED!)
Wild card...yadda yadda yadda.
I 100% agree with that list except for R.O.B, Isaac & Dixie.

SwordDance

Smash Cadet
Hoping for at least one more character from the Fire Emblem series. The only other pokemon I see being added would be Mewtwo but I'm not to fussed as I rarely used it in melee. Other new characters I reckon would be Chrom, Palutena, Mii (since its got its on stage on the 3ds) and possibly Ridley but I won't hold my breath

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Mewtwo is in and his reveal card is anything but "Mewtwo Strikes Back" many tables will be flipped.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Veterans that could get reveal
:falcon::ness2::rob::metaknight::wario::popo::mewtwopm:

(R.O.B is just because of another what the heck reveal just like marth and ike reveals.)

Newcomers that could get revealed

Ridley, pac-man, mii, palutena, one of/a WTF characters (mach rider, duck hunt dog.)

ctr

Smash Rookie
Vets:
  • Wario
  • Mewtwo (Trailer)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Ness and Lucas (Trailer)
  • Falco (If + Wolf then Trailer with all spacies)
  • Falcon
  • Ice Climbers
  • G&W
  • Meta Knight
  • Ganon
Newcomers:
  • Palutena (If + Magnus, trailer)
  • (Don't kill me for this but) Blaziken
  • Shulk
  • Chrom/Robin/Lucina
  • Second Mario form (Either Paper or Baby paired with Liluigi, Climbers style)
  • (Very unlikely but) Another Sonic character, either Blaze or Metal Sonic)
  • Simon Belmont (NES Redesign like Mega Man)
  • SAKURAI HIMSELF
I don't think it's /too/ unrealistic. I'm not very fond of Pac Man, Mii, or Ridley being in there. The original 12 are guaranteed and most Brawl vets (except Rob and maybe Snake) might just get in.

I dunno, tell me what you guys think.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The whole point though is that a slightly updated Snake moveset would fit. None of the CO's in Advance Wars ever take to the field anyway.
And still you can look into the Character Support for Sami and Andy and you will see complete unique movesets that are based in their games that would make more sense, than copy Snake moveset with little changes, it dosen´t matter that the characters never make it to the field or get playable if their games have unique mechanics and a power system where you get stars to get powerful attacks they can still make a better moveset than a clone it from Snake.

.n_n.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Lets get realistic.
We get a trailer blah blah then We see ??? Character, Then he's revealed, Hate or love is shown (most likely love) Then they start to see gameplay, And we see him kicking some ass, looks very fun and op, It ends.
But who could this ??? character be?
Ridley? Mii? (Hopefully not) pacman? Maybe even mewtwo if you count him as a newcomer.
I predict ridley, mostly because He teased him in the smash direct.
But then, After the character reveal, A new character approaches! *faint noises* my body is ready REGGIE BURSTS OUT AND KICKS RIDLEY IN THE FACE AND THE FIGHT, THEN PALUTENA COMES DOWN AND FIGHTS! MEWTWO SHOWS UP TOO AND DESTROYS EVERYONE BEFORE KING K ROOL COMES AND DESTROYS EVERYTHING. :troll:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I believe the only ones I see pretty likely to be revealed are:

NEWCOMERS:
-Dixie Kong
-Shulk:
-Character we won't probably see coming. (Maybe a retro character, but not anything exclusive to Japan, unless it's Takamaru who already had his game debut in the VC worldwide).

That's... if we get 3 characters like last time, of course.

VETERANS:
-Falco and/or Wolf reworked to an extent where he's almost a new character, so that they're not ruled out by Customizations.
-Lucas and/or Ness, same as above to explain the Customizations further.
-Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, now shown as completely different characters.
-Ice Climbers, explaining the possibly new mechanics.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Newcomers:
Shulk (Xenoblade)
The Tactician (Fire Emblem)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Veterans:
Mewtwo, Entire veteran roster confirmed basically
no pokemon trainer, jigglypuff, lucas, or any other melee veterans

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, prediction time uh?

Veterans: Ness, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Wario, Snake.
Newcomers: Shulk, Ridley, Yoshimitsu.

Top Bottom