• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portugal Brawl Power Rankings

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Portugal Brawl Power Rankings

1. King Funk :falco:/:dedede:
2. NatP :gw:/:dk2:
3. Flayl :bowser2:/:rob:
4. some1 :marth:
5. Mr. Burned :snake:
6. BigLord :falcon:/:metaknight:
7. NGFC :yoshi2:/:dk2::lucario::jigglypuff:
8. Golden Ike :zerosuitsamus:/:ike::gw:
9. GSM :diddy:/:warioc:
10. RackamPF :pikachu2:
11. Blue Lightning :lucas:/:toonlink:
12. SpikeBolt :pikachu2:

?. MaverickZ (wifi superstar) :sonic:/:metaknight::falco:

Version: 06.02.10
Panelists: King Funk ; NatP ; NGFC ; Golden Ike
Factors: general skill, recent tournament/smashfest performance

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Not if I can't help it, Rick! SHOW ME YOUR MOVES! :falcon:

By the way, lol@NGFC's characters, that's a whole crew he's got there :laugh:

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
@biglord, it's missing atleast peach and ness :p (and that 6th place is mine)

Flayl

Smash Hero
King Funk what the **** are you doing. Weren't we supposed to vote on this?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
King Funk what the **** are you doing. Weren't we supposed to vote on this?

I discussed like all night with NatP, Golden Ike, BigLord, NGFC, and they all gave me their opinions for the power rankings and stuff. Every single thing on that list was agreed and approved by them.

ngfc_0

Smash Apprentice
I discussed like all night with NatP, Golden Ike, BigLord, NGFC, and they all gave me their opinions for the power rankings and stuff. Every single thing on that list was agreed and approved by them.
NO! I didn't agree with Flayl>some1!
Some1 may not know about matchups or stage striking but he does well what is really important, the actual gameplay. Unless he felt behing this last month but considering his position in the last tourney after not practicing for >2 months...

If Flayl is not a panelist then i am not too... I didnt have any valid input in that list :p
But flayl, since the list is always changing your input will be apreciated, that's why you are a panelist.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Heh, maybe we SHOULD have waited for Flayl to show up, instead of creating the power rankings without one of the most important panelists.

Ah well, at least it's still a fair list... isn't it? Besides that some1&Flayl discussion.

NatP

Smash Ace
I personally feel that Flayl>Some1. I think that both players are exactly the opposite. One's more theory based while the other is more "fight" based. But I still believe that Flayl is just an overall better, smarter player than some1, after having played both of them in tourney matches.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Why on Earth would he answer "French powah" if he wasn't french, I don't get your logic people... He's half danish though.

Muro

Smash Lord
thats the half that is winning :p the half french has cost him some games though xD

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh cut me some slack, how could I know for sure he was half-french? All I knew is that he hailed from Denmark! >_<

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Oh cut me some slack, how could I know for sure he was half-french? All I knew is that he hailed from Denmark! >_<
I'm half-french and half-danish but never lived in either country. xD

The french in me is good at Brawl and the danish in me is good at organizing tournies. ^^

Get *****.

MaverickZ

Smash Cadet
I'm half-french and half-danish but never lived in either country. xD

The french in me is good at Brawl and the danish in me is good at organizing tournies. ^^

Get *****.
I wish I was french :/
well... not really

Ah KF you cheat because you have different nationalities:p

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah, come to think of it Maverick... KF is both Danish and French... and lives in Portugal? Multi-man-Melee/Brawl(er)!

So this means the best portuguese brawler is actually NatP? I can't believe I rarely play the guy.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yeah, come to think of it Maverick... KF is both Danish and French... and lives in Portugal? Multi-man-Melee/Brawl(er)!

So this means the best portuguese brawler is actually NatP? I can't believe I rarely play the guy.
I'm more of a 64 player than Brawl and Melee. xD

And yes, the best true portuguese brawler is NatP. :)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Lol, Blue you should play us more often, so you can move upwards :p you can't practice as well over wi-fi or with bots.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Irra, perdes tipo 2 sets e ficas logo amuado. Como te vou lembrar, ganhaste o desempate da tua ronda (ficaste com primeiro seed) e recusaste a usar outra personagem senão o falcon.

Tipo se chamas a isso "sucking", o que é que eu estou a fazer?

Ah espera. A "não ficar melhor" lol.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
People, stop whining. :)

If all you guys are gonna do is complain about how things don't go right for you, smash is gonna be a very depressing experience, really. Who cares about losing in a bi-weekly, no money involved, nothing? Those bi-weeklies are made for us to improve! It's not because someone loses that he is not improving. In fact, quite the contrary, he gets the opportunity to know what he is doing wrong! That way he can correct the flaws in his own game, get rid of the errors, and truly progress.

But does everyone take that opportunity? No. Some people complain instead of trying to figure out what they can do to get better.

I'm really concerned about how you guys improve. Remember: we're all going to a big tournament abroad, Exposmash in Sevilla. We will be up against the much more experienced spaniards. That's why I ask questions like "why do you do this when you could have done that" to BigLord, Rick, GSM, and many others. It's not to be annoying or arrogant, or challenging you in a theory contest. I'm just trying to help you out. But then, all I hear from you is "I know", or "I was trying to do that" (without giving really valuable or realistic arguments), or "I wasn't fully concentrated". All of these sound like johns.

For example I was asking Rick why he was constantly trying to chase someone high up in the air with random aerials. The answer I think I heard was "sometimes I manage to hit him". Like... what? 1 times out of 10? The guy can airdodge, attack you, move away, use one of his special moves to escape, anything. The solution is pretty simple: just stay grounded to anticipate his reactions and movement for an efficient punish. Then Rick tells me "but I also do that a lot". No, seriously, I watch your matches, I know what you're doing. If I'm telling you you're doing something wrong, you are. If you wanna have a chance at a smash game, you have to be realistic, calculate better the risks of each action you're doing: basically, play safer and smarter.

I was also telling Flayl not to constantly try to grab Rick's GaW after getting hit on his shield with f-smash or d-smash at close range. After all, Rick and many GaW mains have a tendency to throw another smash attack to counter the grab attempt. You didn't answer me at all, so I don't really know how you took it Flayl. Once again, it's wasn't an attempt to be arrogant, just some advice. Remember how you told me at the 2nd national about my predictable habit to phantasm away against Mr. Burned's Snake (costing me a lot of % and stocks)? I learned from it, not just in the Snake match-up, but most matchups in general.

You're losing? Not one bit that I care of. What I do care about is how you take that loss, and fix the corrupted data in your internal system. We are a crew, and so we must help each other. But help has two elements: a giver and a receiver. If you're not even willing to receive my own help, or anyone's help, how will any of you guys even get a ghost of a chance at improving?

I'm done here.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
King Funk speaks the truth!!!!

thought from kira! - Advice shouldnt be taken as, "omg your rubbish there", but more like "you have more options to use to ure advantage in that situation" etc , its there to help you improve.

KEEP PRACTICING GUYS!!!

Flayl

Smash Hero
King Funk's post is a bit overdramatic. I give people advice all the time, we're not ignoring advice or anything like that. I didn't say anything at the moment about trying to grab G&W because I was doing it out of sheer desperation with Kirby, I had a very hard time getting in (and frankly I was peeved he picked G&W) and I don't know the matchup that well.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I actually was needing KF's post. He's right, I need to change the way how I play. I need to stop being so offensive, I said so myself in the last bi-weekly.

But my point still stands. I think I deserve to go down one or 2 positions in the Power rankings.

Flayl

Smash Hero
BigLord, you're currently pulling a Dark.Pch. Stop right there.

There's no need for that kind of negativity over a few matches. What about all the other times you did well? Power rankings aren't based on a few days, they're based on overall performance in the time period in between updates. Practice for the tournament, play, and then we'll see if your position needs to be changed.

That's if I become a panelist, anyway. If I don't it's "they" instead of "we".

Top Bottom