• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
She would utterly loathe him...

As for @Wintropy, you could just tag him.
Oh oops, didn’t think of that. I didn’t know you could tag people haha, but thanks.

I would assume Viridi would hate Porky as well seeing how badly he messes around with nature but then again, seeing as she had little to no sympathy for Lucas I think she might admire how a “mere mortal” rose in power in such a way

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Porky and Viridi, they're in the latest Rate Their Chances:
Just checked it out, I’d give Porky a higher rating than 3%, he didn’t mention that this year is Mother’s 30th anniversary so this could help his chances. All bias aside I’d give Porky a 10% chance.

Also poor Viridi fans

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Eh, whatever that guy thinks is just his opinion. Nothing concrete or official. Me personally, I give him a 50% chance. I say that because I think there's a 50% chance Nintendo would celebrate the series' 30th anniversary, and I also think Porky is slightly more likely than Ninten.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, whatever that guy thinks is just his opinion. Nothing concrete or official. Me personally, I give him a 50% chance. I say that because I think there's a 50% chance Nintendo would celebrate the series' 30th anniversary, and I also think Porky is slightly more likely than Ninten.
I think Porky along with Sylux is more likely than any fan favorite characters that are just spirits. Porky and Sylux have a better shot of getting in than most people realize.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I think Porky along with Sylux is more likely than any fan favorite characters they're just spirits. Porky and Sylux have a better shot of getting in than most people realize.
I think you're right about that. A lot of people discount Mother reps because they are from a finished and rather obscure franchise, while that irrelevant franchise garnered in two reps. Mother already has its foot in the door, it isn't impossible for them to get another rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Datamining got the name "Brave" as a DLC character, and we know who is the "bravest" character of them all:

View attachment 187549
As much as I wish it was Porky, it's not. The stats of Brave clearly don't match that of a heavyweight which, Porky would be because he would be in his mach. Brave is shorter than Mario, is as heavy as Megaman, is floaty, is a zoner, and can combo you very fast when he's on the ground. Too me, that's sounds like Geno.

Zeox

Smash Champion
As much as I wish it was Porky, it's not. The stats of Brave clearly don't match that of a heavyweight which, Porky would be because he would be in his mach. Brave is shorter than Mario, is as heavy as Megaman, is floaty, is a zoner, and can combo you very fast when he's on the ground. Too me, that's sounds like Geno.
woah where did you got all that info? I miss another leak? can you share a link please

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
woah where did you got all that info? I miss another leak? can you share a link please
https://puu.sh/CtLjZ.jpg

A user on the Brave character thread posted screenshots of all of Brave's stats. The rest of that data comes from comparisons to other characters. (Most notably, their height's the same as Ness and Lucas, and they're either the lightest heavyweight or the heaviest midweight. That can't be Porky if they're in either of their mechs.)

https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1082674700810182657

Also, someone on Twitter who is a Smash Ultimate modder put Brave's stats on Ike. This video shows their results.

Zeox

Smash Champion
https://puu.sh/CtLjZ.jpg

A user on the Brave character thread posted screenshots of all of Brave's stats. The rest of that data comes from comparisons to other characters. (Most notably, their height's the same as Ness and Lucas, and they're either the lightest heavyweight or the heaviest midweight. That can't be Porky if they're in either of their mechs.)

https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1082674700810182657

Also, someone on Twitter who is a Smash Ultimate modder put Brave's stats on Ike. This video shows their results.
Unless is Porky without mech, that cannot be Porky, which I can understand, the second DLC Character will be announced soon probably, and there are still 6 months before Mother's 30 anniversary, so whoever this character is, I doubt is gonna be Porky.
If for some miracle Porky was gonna be a DLC Character, I would say he would be the 4th one, but being the third one will be kinda funny (Mother 3 localization + third DLC Character is a Mother character)

Edit to not Doublepost, news about characters, why Sakurai added Ridley and K. Rool, Decidueye almost being the Pokemon rep, and Piranha Plant being choosed because there were too many heroes in Smash:
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1087124989239734272

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
So there IS a hero vs villain theme going on I knew it, also I hope we wouldn’t have to wait July 27th (best case scenario there’s no guarantee) that’s SO far away

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
So there IS a hero vs villain theme going on I knew it, also I hope we wouldn’t have to wait July 27th (best case scenario there’s no guarantee) that’s SO far away

i wouldnt mind waiting until then for him to come out, but I hope he's announced before then (if he is dlc ofc). I would watch his announcement trailer so many times

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I watched that video you guys were talking about before and he seemed to give no ****s about how important spirits are. He was like "Oh, he's not in the game at all, in any measurable way, that's almost noteworthy" which to me is almost dumber than not doing any research and just not knowing.

... Especially since spirits /have/ thus far deconfirmed things. Now it's fine to take his stance that maybe it's less important than it seems, but from where we're standing Porky's absence is like a face without a nose.

I guess he does have a point about it not coinciding with anything /we know of/ but he also said nobody would buy him if he was announced. Also, that had nothing to do with Joker's reveal. (People buy everything... especially if the season pass is good as a whole.)

P.S. which one of you chubsters predicted this? I think it's pretty good. https://www.reddit.com/r/earthbound/comments/aiedv0/prediction_mother_3_localization_announcement/

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Hey really late to the party but my most wanted newcomer is Porky. Made an account on the Smash Boards basically just for this thread.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Mother/Earthbound 30th anniversary collection + Porky as a DLC fighter = Money, cmon it’s not rocket science

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i wouldnt mind waiting until then for him to come out, but I hope he's announced before then (if he is dlc ofc). I would watch his announcement trailer so many times
Other than the date for the 30th anniversary, E3 would also be the perfect time to announce the Mother 3 localization alongside Porky as DLC for Smash. But I'm afraid the character that will get announced for Smash at E3 is whoever Brave is which, is definitely not Porky if that's the case.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Mother/Earthbound 30th anniversary collection + Porky as a DLC fighter = Money, cmon it’s not rocket science
I do hope that Nindy give the series the props it deserves and aren't blind to the attention received by Undertale and other Mother-style games.

Other than the date for the 30th anniversary, E3 would also be the perfect time to announce the Mother 3 localization alongside Porky as DLC for Smash. But I'm afraid the character that will get announced for Smash at E3 is whoever Brave is which, is definitely not Porky if that's the case.
I doubt they'll save Joker gameplay/info for E3 unless Persona 5 on Switch is a bigger deal than I think it is. This leaves me expecting another springtime direct with info on/footage of him – perhaps even February to coincide with Piranha Plant’s release. All directs until now have also had a new fighter reveal, which I’d expect here in the form of Brave. Then come E3, people will be expecting another reveal.

This is of course all baseless speculation to give me a reason to hype (and live). Having Joker, Brave, and an E3 fighter all floating around in an unreleased state at the same time might be a bit much considering they’re all paid DLC.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I do hope that Nindy give the series the props it deserves and aren't blind to the attention received by Undertale and other Mother-style games.

I doubt they'll save Joker gameplay/info for E3 unless Persona 5 on Switch is a bigger deal than I think it is. This leaves me expecting another springtime direct with info on/footage of him – perhaps even February to coincide with Piranha Plant’s release. All directs until now have also had a new fighter reveal, which I’d expect here in the form of Brave. Then come E3, people will be expecting another reveal.

This is of course all baseless speculation to give me a reason to hype (and live). Having Joker, Brave, and an E3 fighter all floating around in an unreleased state at the same time might be a bit much considering they’re all paid DLC.
I said ''But I'm afraid the character that will get announced for Smash at E3 is whoever Brave is'' I wasn't refering to another fighter that will came along with Joker and Brave at E3. I'm 99% percent positive Brave is the character that will be announced at E3.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Just like one of the Redditors that commented on that, I will also eat a ghost pepper if all that happens on July 27th. Someone remind me lol
You’ll post it on YouTube right?, and besides we literally have mountains of evidence to support our claims. It’s the 30th anniversary a trilogy is so easy to do and the best way to advertise it is too add the chubster, IF FIRE EMBLEM CAN DO IT MOTHER CAN TOO

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I said ''But I'm afraid the character that will get announced for Smash at E3 is whoever Brave is'' I wasn't refering to another fighter that will came along with Joker and Brave at E3. I'm 99% percent positive Brave is the character that will be announced at E3.
I wasn't accusing you of being wrong or anything, just offering some dumb fun reasoning on how we could have Joker and Brave "reveals" and still expect something new at E3.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
He said it in like, 2017, but in that same leak he got a lot of other stuff wrong, here's the whole Nintendo part of that leak:

"There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing. "
This didn't happen, the only thing that was in Switch was Let's go Pikachu and Eevee, no 8th generation or Sun/Moon port.

"Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio. "
Wrong again, no news from M4 in the whole 2018, but yes in the fact that Bandai Namco is working on the game.

"There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too."
Yes, this happens, but is also not a surprise that it happen, is animal crossing, there is always a new one for each console.

"The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works. "
I guess he saw the NES games that you receive for paying for online and thought it was a virtual console or something???

"Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in. "
Now it would be a good time ;););)

"Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. "
This was wrong, but Square Enix actually made a remake of the first one for the Switch.

"Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon."
Wrongest of them all, Blizzard itself confirmed that they had no intentions or interest to port Hearthstone for the Switch.
I mean, he is technically right on the TWEWY thing now, as it was revealed at the end of the extra chapter a sequel game is basically happening. Don't know if it'll be switch exclusive or not though.

Edit:
On the topic of that Brave datamined stat stuff, I would like to remind everyone Falcon is shorter than Luigi in stats, so... the height stat doesn't mean much. But if you ask me that gameplay using the stats doesn't look like a how a Dragon Quest character would play, that very much looks like how Sora would and talking with others much more experienced with DQ than I am, they agreed.

The code name even makes sense for him to when Valor Form in Japan is actually called a Brave Form.

I don't know about you folks, but uh... I'm quite sure Brave is actually Sora with this information in mind. I think the first party characters will be announced with their games, before or after they're talked about so Porky and by extension Sylux may be requiring Mother and Metroid Prime Four to be talked about in a direct.

Last edited:

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
I mean, he is technically right on the TWEWY thing now, as it was revealed at the end of the extra chapter a sequel game is basically happening. Don't know if it'll be switch exclusive or not though.

Edit:
On the topic of that Brave datamined stat stuff, I would like to remind everyone Falcon is shorter than Luigi in stats, so... the height stat doesn't mean much. But if you ask me that gameplay using the stats doesn't look like a how a Dragon Quest character would play, that very much looks like how Sora would and talking with others much more experienced with DQ than I am, they agreed.

The code name even makes sense for him to when Valor Form in Japan is actually called a Brave Form.

I don't know about you folks, but uh... I'm quite sure Brave is actually Sora with this information in mind. I think the first party characters will be announced with their games, before or after they're talked about so Porky and by extension Sylux may be requiring Mother and Metroid Prime Four to be talked about in a direct.
While you make some good points I'm actually throwing my money into the Brave is Agumon hat.

-Agumon is officially the "Brave Digimon"

-He'd be about the same height as the Earthbounders

-Him not wall jumping makes sense (Sora not wall jumping seems a bit odd to me)

-NB still only has one rep

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
While you make some good points I'm actually throwing my money into the Brave is Agumon hat.

-Agumon is officially the "Brave Digimon"

-He'd be about the same height as the Earthbounders

-Him not wall jumping makes sense (Sora not wall jumping seems a bit odd to me)

-NB still only has one rep
I mean... Smash does have character that feel like they should be able to wall jump when they can in their games, for example: Luigi can't wall-jump in smash when he can in the main Mario series when he's playable, I think even Peach can in 3D world?

Then we have plenty of characters that can even though they never do in their games: examples would be: Fox, Villager, then Young Link and Toon Link.

I uh... think it's rise to assume Smash is very inconsistent with that stuff, and as I said Captain Falcon has a shorter height value than Luigi so again, the height stat means nothing.

Of course though I'm all for a new Namco Bandai rep, I just don't feel like it'll be a Digimon. I feel like someone from Tales Of or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga are the front runners who actually have a chance, KOS-MOS due to the fact she's legit their crossover queen and is basically the only character from the Xeno series Sakurai can make playable in Smash that's unique and a protagonist (plus she has kept up modern appearances and popularity), would help make up for the exclusion of Rex due to plain bad timing (I honestly still doubt Xenoblade 2 was planned and developed in less than a year but whatever you say Sakurai). Tales Of series due to that being Namco's... second most popular series I want to say behind Tekken (because Pac-Man really doesn't have much for him these days) and Vesperia just got on the switch so that helps make more sense. That being said I don't think either character would be falling under the category for brave... or at least strong ones.

I just feel like it would be Sora, and I wouldn't say the lack of wall jumping makes me think otherwise since he couldn't exactly do that until DDD. That being said while I've only played one Digimon game and watched a tiny bit of the anime he could be that, but what makes me really think otherwise (besides the fact I REALLY want KOS-MOS over any other NB rep) and do correct me if I'm wrong on this, Agumom isn't exactly what you'd call... floaty, which the stats when on Ike show off alongside some slide and air momentum with turns doesn't exactly shout out "Agumon" for me a sense it does for a character like Sora who is known to be floaty and air momentum and such is very much a thing in KH with the combos and what not.

That being said... that doesn't mean they can't be DLC Fighter #s 3-5 as we have no clue on who they are, but my guess is that one will be another third party, most likely new to smash in general and the last two are first party characters, of who, I think are Porky and Sylux.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Cute Reveal Trailer Idea:

It shows a continuation of the main trailer, showing Galeem's beams of light killing everyone. It pans off to other worlds, showing how Galeem took other spirits across forest, sky, and sea. The beams scour across a rocky plain, and eventually come across the absolutely safe capsule.

The yellow beam attacks the safe capsule, and an explosion happens. Galeem's beam disappears. The smoke and the fire slowly disappear, Out pops Porky.

Insert Splash Screen.

Last edited:

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet

It shows a continuation of the main trailer, showing Galeem's beams of light killing everyone. It pans off to other worlds, showing how Galeem took other spirits across forest, ski, and sea. The beams scour across a rocky plain, and eventually come across the absolutely safe capsule.

The yellow beam attacks the safe capsule, and an explosion happens. Galeem's beam disappears. The smoke and the fire slowly disappear, Out pops Porky.

Insert Splash Screen.
I like that idea a lot. Only idea for a Porky reveal trailer I can think of is a recreation of the smash bros brawl scene where the statue is destroyed and out comes Porky

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman

It shows a continuation of the main trailer, showing Galeem's beams of light killing everyone. It pans off to other worlds, showing how Galeem took other spirits across forest, sky, and sea. The beams scour across a rocky plain, and eventually come across the absolutely safe capsule.

Insert Splash Screen.
I like that idea a lot. Only idea for a Porky reveal trailer I can think of is a recreation of the smash bros brawl scene where the statue is destroyed and out comes Porky
Would be fun to continue the villain theme.

In Onett, Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, and K Rool are goofing around like a bunch of jocks. Mario, Link, Samus, DK and Lucas watch disapprovingly from a café as each hero takes a turn discussing their villain with visual speech bubbles. Mario's 8bit scene shows Bowser running off with Peach, Link's shows a scroll of Ganondorf holding the triforce, Samus's shows a realistic scene of Ridley destroying a facility as a child watches, and DK interrupts to bang on the table with rage as his bubble shows a crude drawing of K Rool laughing over a pile of bananas. The former three blink comically at DK, before turning to Lucas, who has his back to the window.

Lucas looks downward. The sounds of screaming, carnage, eruptions, and a distinct snotty laugh begin to echo in his head. Samus is patting his arm as he looks back up, and sees the other heroes gaping at the window. The laugh is revealed to be coming from outside as we see Porky's mech, pilot obscured, joining the other villains dramatically. As they prepare to strike a pose, it does a sudden large smash attack that blasts them away. The lighting changes and we see the grinning pilot… Porky means business! He sticks his tongue out at Lucas, who looks horrified.

Cue gameplay footage of Porky fighting Mario, Link, Samus, and DK.

Back to CG. Porky fires a beam that Lucas narrowly dodges. Right as he’s about to be hit by a second, Ness descends and absorbs it with psi magnet. Lucas regains his composure and the three leap toward each other.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
LISTEN AND LISTEN WELL, REGGIE NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT NEW FRANCHISES ANYBODY WHO STILL BRINGS THIS UP IS WILLFULLY IGNORANT

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The guy who sent me that said that Reggie "heavily implied it during his game awards speech"
I'm gonna watch it over and see what he means.
The only thing I remember Reggie saying at the Game Awards is that there would be characters you won't expect at all getting in the Season Pass and new characters to the franchise. When he said new to the franchise he meant newcomers not just 3rd party in the sense. There have been people misleading that information online and saying it's going to be nothing but 3rd party, but he really didn't outright say that for sure.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
The only thing I remember Reggie saying at the Game Awards is that there would be characters you won't expect at all getting in the Season Pass and new characters to the franchise. When he said new to the franchise he meant newcomers not just 3rd party in the sense. There have been people misleading that information online and saying it's going to be nothing but 3rd party, but he really didn't outright say that for sure.
It’s kinda funny how we’ve only had one character revealed and people make bold assumptions that they’re all going to be third party. Way to early to tell

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
We have talked about this (in this thread too, I believe) and no, Reggie didn't say that. He said something that sounded similar to one person and that one person made it into a headline that got picked up by other sites and spread around the web as they often do. Do your part to help kill the misinformation.

Top Bottom