• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Hey Porkybros, just wanted to warn you that apparently there’s a bad glitch in the 2.0 update that causes your save file to corrupt if you play as Piranha plant in all star mode.
Don’t know how true it is but better to be safe than sorry I suppose

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not much news from 2.0.0. besides "Jack" and "Brave" being removed, which probably just means Nintendo noticed that we were looking at the codes and now they are trying to hide it.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Some quick things I discovered by looking at gameplay from Mother 3's Porky boss battle. It appears that, in relation to the ASC spirit, when Porky is in the ASC he's still labelled as "Porky" and not Absolutely Safe Capsule, just when the game says what's the ASC's attack, which is nothing of course. We all can think that the ASC in Ultimate really doesn't represent Porky, and after all, Porky wasn't in the ASC in Brawl, so perhaps this is why he isn't in it? Just some random thoughts.
Captura2.PNG Captura3.PNG Captura4.PNG Captura.PNG

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Found this on 4chan the other week. I know it might be grasping at straws, but still found it kinda interesting c:

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Found this on 4chan the other week. I know it might be grasping at straws, but still found it kinda interesting c:

It’s actually the complete opposite this is our biggest pro point for Us, the number 1 reason against Porky was this exact point now that’s been debunked well... yay for us

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
It’s actually the complete opposite this is our biggest pro point for Us, the number 1 reason against Porky was this exact point now that’s been debunked well... yay for us
Was told I was grasping at straws when I found this picture.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Not exactly true but close.
First sprite is used when the capsule is moving around, second is when capsule has stopped and is on the ground.
First sprite, the one used for the spirit, is never used for when Porky is inside, but the second one is also used one time before Porky gets inside so is not really a "after entering the capsule" sprite.
In any case, the sprite used for the ASC spirit is never used for when Porky is inside and sealed, you can check it out on YouTube.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
I think the absolutely safe capsule representing Porky would be very strange. Two reasons I say that. One is of course is the sprite being the one without Porky in it. Two is his major role in Smash Brawl. For instance Pete Parana is represented by his Smash Brawl form with the two cages. It wouldn't make sense for him to not be represented with a spirit referencing his Brawl form

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I think the chances of Porky getting a spirit is out of the question i'll be it briefly. what would even be the point? If he was gonna get one then he would have had it on release day. It would be dumb founded if Sakurai just up and forgot about him and his brawl history. The statue didn't even get a spirit. Not only is that evidence but the fact that he played a big part in 2/3 mother games but Buzz Buzz got a spirit. Buzz Buzz is not nearly as important as Porky was. I know the developers didn't forget about him, they must be saving him for something big whether it be Boss DLC or a new character. There's so much more I could say but I don't feel like listing them.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
I think the chances of Porky getting a spirit is out of the question i'll be it briefly. what would even be the point? If he was gonna get one then he would have had it on release day. It would be dumb founded if Sakurai just up and forgot about him and his brawl history. The statue didn't even get a spirit. Not only is that evidence but the fact that he played a big part in 2/3 mother games but Buzz Buzz got a spirit. Buzz Buzz is not nearly as important as Porky was. I know the developers didn't forget about him, they must be saving him for something big whether it be Boss DLC or a new character. There's so much more I could say but I don't feel like listing them.
Don’t forget he was purposefully removed in some parts. He was part of the stage background in fourside in meelee but no longer is

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
huh? when and where? I want some proof lol.
Actually I apologize he is in the helicopter. Just searched it and found out he wasn’t removed as part of the stage. I swear I heard that somewhere guess I should’ve double checked. Anyways still think he’s getting in as some form of dlc

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ya same here, just hoping that they don’t just make him part of a stage. That would suck a lot
I’d take Porky or Pig King Statue as a stage boss for New Pork City. Although with Ultimate Chimera it might be overkill.

Ultimate Chimera is kinda like the proto-stage boss, now that I think about it.

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
I’d take Porky or Pig King Statue as a stage boss for New Pork City. Although with Ultimate Chimera it might be overkill.

Ultimate Chimera is kinda like the proto-stage boss, now that I think about it.
ya but any form of boss dlc would be amazing. Imagine something crazy like fighting porky in a giagus themed stage

Zeox

Smash Champion
Or you know, Porky as a character, and Master Belch as a Boss for every Earthbound character.

He is one of the most memorable and important bosses in Earthbound, and he is just a big pile of puke that burps.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

not even to mention the fact that they added so many new mother things to the game such as making Ness and Lucas' attacks look more like they did in-game. Poo and Paula joined Ness in his final smash, while Kumatora and Boney joined Lucas. There is no way they did all that Mother research without seeing Porky. Also, you cant really talk about the Absolutely Safe Capsule without mentioning Porky.

EDIT: Also, this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHzhbZRMpbo sounds incredible. Im sure you all have heard of Mother 3i though soo

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
With everyone having a unique classic mode, this for me thinking.
If Porky got in, what would his classic mode be? I thought about it for a little while and this is my idea:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Porky Classic mode
(Quest for the “Ultimate” Power)

In every battle, Porky will have Lucas (in the Masked Man alt as a teammate) and battle in areas corresponding to the locations of the seven needles and against characters that bare resemblance to enemies/bosses fought in the area.

Round one:
Stage: Castle Siege
Opponent: Greninja
(Osohe castle and ghosts)

Round two:
Stage: Garden of Hope
Opponent: Pokémon Trainer
(Doria’s house and the three chimera used to drain the pond)

Round three:
Stage: Icicle Mountain
Opponent: Giant Donkey Kong
(Snowcap mountain and Steel mechorilla)

Round four:
Stage: Norfair
Opponent: Wario and Villager
(Fire mountain and Fassad and Interpretor)

Round five:
Stage: Tortimer island
Opponent: Three purple alt Incineroar team
(Tanetane island and Barrier Trio)

Round six
Stage: Great Cave Offensive
Opponent: Dedede Team (one white alt and two green alt)
(Chupichupyoi temple and pigmask Colonel and Pigmask Majors)

Final round:
Stage: New Pork city
Opponent: Lucas and a Ness with all his stats buffed (still the same size)

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
If Porky got in, what would his classic mode be? I thought about it for a little while and this is my idea:
Porky Classic mode

In every battle, Porky will have Lucas (in the Masked Man alt as a teammate) and battle in areas corresponding to the locations of the seven needles and against characters that bare resemblance to enemies/bosses fought in the area.

Round one:

Round two:

Round three:

Round four:

Round five:

Round six

Final round:

It would be even better if for round 4 you gave Wario a jetpack to show Miracle Fassad even further.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Porky Classic mode

Round one:

Round two:

Round three:

Round four:

Round five:

Round six

Final round:
Every Classic mode have a boss, I think the boss for Porky's story mode should be the Rathalos (the dark dragon from the end of Mother 3)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
not even to mention the fact that they added so many new mother things to the game such as making Ness and Lucas' attacks look more like they did in-game. Poo and Paula joined Ness in his final smash, while Kumatora and Boney joined Lucas. There is no way they did all that Mother research without seeing Porky. Also, you cant really talk about the Absolutely Safe Capsule without mentioning Porky.
There is also the fact that Mother actually got a new item which is the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom from Mother 2/Earthbound and the fact that every Mother stage in the entire Smash series has returned which, is a treatment not all series got.

the spirit?
Yep.

Zeox

Smash Champion
By the way:
Nintendo teases with a game that will make fans happy, and maybe another game with a good use of the online services.
If they are separated games, I hope that first game that makes fans happy is Mother 3 / Mother Trilogy, that will sure make fans happy.

remilia

Smash Cadet
Hello everybody. I know I'm late to the party but I support this, and as far as I'm concerned it's more likely than it seems with his absence from spirits and boss fights despite his significance in Brawl. I thought it was very strange that there wasn't a trace of Porky as himself in Smash U. To me that just screams "He's coming, wait for it!"

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (if it has been, my apologies. I'm new here...) but there are only 4 characters with a weight value of "120" or higher vs a total of 12 characters with a weight value or "80" or lower (these values are 20+/- compared to an average value of 100- Mario's value when the weight value system was first used).
I imagine if they'd add Porky in mech he might fit into the "higher than 120" category, which would add to the underrepresented heavyweight class a bit. In general, it seems like Smash U has been very kind toward heavyweight characters in comparison to previous smash entries. Bowser, DK, and Ganondorf all look very promising for example. I'd love to see another heavy added to the cast.

Also, Sakurai mentioned in an interview that he wanted the DLC characters to be unique fighters. I imagine that's one of the reasons they added Joker to the series - he will probably be a unique fighter utilizing the persona summoning and such. A mech character like Porky could also be very different compared to the cast we currently have. If they do add Porky, I'm excited to see what they make his kit.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I am certain that Sakurai thought about Porky at some point during Ultimate's development. He looked back at old Smash games, obviously, when making the new one, and Porky was a boss in Subspace so...

Top Bottom