• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Also I’d like to add that Mother becomes 30 next year. Maybe we could get a new EB rep to celebrate? hint hint...

And if I could choose a stage for Porky, I’d choose the Cave of the Future (final caverns in Mother 3) I think a purple crystalline battleground would look awesome in 3D.
And I saw a idea floating around saying that his final smash could be similar to Olimar’s where he could leap out of the battlefield and a cinematic would play with him sealing himself into the Absolutely Safe Capsule while the Masked Man pulls the final needle and destroys the world.

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Also I’d like to add that Mother becomes 30 next year. Maybe we could get a new EB rep to celebrate? hint hint...

And if I could choose a stage for Porky, I’d choose the Cave of the Future (final caverns in Mother 3) I think a purple crystalline battleground would look awesome in 3D.
And I saw a idea floating around saying that his final smash could be similar to Olimar’s where he could leap out of the battlefield and a cinematic would play with him sealing himself into the Absolutely Safe Capsule while the Masked Man pulls the final needle and destroys the world.
I remember saying the idea of Porky getting in the ASC while tornadoes, meteors and chaos starts to happen, a basic "copy" of Ness' and Lucas', maybe it was mine? Either way, I didn't know about it turning 30 next year, that's amazing! Recently I found out that Porky along with two characters are the only ones without a spirit, just like Piranha Plant. The only exception for fighters are Wii Fit Trainer and K. Rool with the Country design, but apart from that Porky could get his chance!

Leeoon

Smash Rookie
Porky's chances have shot way up. Before today I didn't consider him likely at all, but seeing that all Brawl bosses are spirits and multiplayer icons except him, I'd say he's straight up the most likely.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd definitely pick Mother 2 Porky if he were to make it, his mech is easier to fit into Smash, and he can be much more expressive aswell. Mother 3 Porky is fantastic in the context of that game, but I don't think he'd translate that well into a fighting game, he's practically on life support, with no dialog it's important for characters to be able to express their personality through motion.

I'm still not too hopeful on him making it, largely because I have a hard time seeing Nintendo picking a Mother character as DLC and I'm not reading too much into Spirits, but for now I'm going to entertain it just because I like discussing the character, and his current situation seems to have sparked quite a bit of life into the idea of him making it into Smash.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I'd definitely pick Mother 2 Porky if he were to make it, his mech is easier to fit into Smash, and he can be much more expressive aswell. Mother 3 Porky is fantastic in the context of that game, but I don't think he'd translate that well into a fighting game, he's practically on life support, with no dialog it's important for characters to be able to express their personality through motion.

I'm still not too hopeful on him making it, largely because I have a hard time seeing Nintendo picking a Mother character as DLC and I'm not reading too much into Spirits, but for now I'm going to entertain it just because I like discussing the character, and his current situation seems to have sparked quite a bit of life into the idea of him making it into Smash.
Heavily Armed Porky would be great for taunts, costumes, certain animations and basically cosmetic-wise, but his Mother 3 form would be better because I'm a bit bugged by the idea of Earthbound's Porky using Mecha-Porkies or just moves from Mother 3, he could still have a moveset but the Mecha-Porkies are so characteristic for Porky and Mother 3's is easily recognized due to him appearing in Brawl, they could take certain liberties and let Porky move to make a spankety taunt, his taunts don't necessarily need to involve around him moving, and he could talk a lot: when you meet him in Mother 3 he always makes fun of you while you try to get to the 100th floor, and even during the battle against him he always interrupts every so often, this could be translated to Smash to make him a bit more expressive, heck, make him laugh maniacally and then start coughing, that'd be pretty funny and fitting. I'm on the side of Mother 3's Porky, but I'd welcome with excessively opened arms Earthbound's one too for sure, I love him as well.
Earthbound is a dead franchise, so it isn't guaranteed that it'll get any new rep in Smash, but this is the opportunity for Porky, you really can't deny it, and even so (correct me if I'm wrong) they didn't specify if they'll only make 5 DLC characters for Ultimate's whole lifetime, we could still get some more DLC in 2 years from now or so just like with Sm4sh, technically...

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh well at least that's something

There was this concept art that was a mix between Porky from earthbound and porky from mother 3:
1536365230642.png

Which I think it could work if they rather go for a mix between designs (kinda like Ridley).
If not, Porky from Earthbound would be the best choice... and for a stage... I dunno, what about Devil's Machine?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'd love to see Porky; but part of me doesn't think a spirit is a death knell in the first place; so I'm not quite sure if all of Porky's competition is gone, necessarily.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we are counting bosses that were in Subspace Emissary that were already existing characters, then Porky and Rayquaza would be the last remaining characters that haven't been confirmed for Ultimate in any form. Ridley is a playable character and Petey Piranha is part of Piranha Plant's Final Smash now. So I think Porky is definitely going to be one of the DLC characters, especially now that we know he isn't a spirit. I don't think Rayquaza is going to be playable through, but Porky? Absolutely.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If we are counting bosses that were in Subspace Emissary that were already existing characters, then Porky and Rayquaza would be the last remaining characters that haven't been confirmed for Ultimate in any form. Ridley is a playable character and Petey Piranha is part of Piranha Plant's Final Smash now. So I think Porky is definitely going to be one of the DLC characters, especially now that we know he isn't a spirit. I don't think Rayquaza is going to be playable through, but Porky? Absolutely.
Rayquaza got a spirit and he seems to be part of a stage.
Duon also seems to be a spìrit too.
But Porky is just... gone.

D

Deleted member

Rayquaza got a spirit and he seems to be part of a stage.
Duon also seems to be a spìrit too.
But Porky is just... gone.
What decrease Porky's chances of showing up as a spirit is that the absolutely safe capsule is a spirit, not Porky in his Earthbound or Mother 3 mech. This is an example of a different version of a character being a spirit, like how King K Rool is a spirit in his pirate outfit. Even if Porky was a spirit in one of his mechs, he wouldn't be deconfirmed. He is really likely now, and next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, and Mother 3 could come to the switch, and Nintendo is choosing the DLC, so Porky could advertise Mother 3 on the Switch

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I'm not jumping on this speculation yet, the Grinch hoax speculation got me spooked so i wanna be cautious for the case of Porky
some reason Kumatora's spirit is gone from the game data yet we seen it via the direct
unless we discover that he isn't a boss in Ness and Lucas' Classic Mode then, then i guess let ride out the storm?

also, ThePigKing ThePigKing , do you get around to posting that thing you said? (about Porky being Top 5 in Japan?)

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Porky practically disappearing from the game while every other Brawl boss is a Spirit, and Mother’s 30-year anniversary is next year... it might be his time!

Count me in as a Porky supporter, everything about the character, from his potential moveset, stage (I’m hoping for Devil’s Machine!), and the amazing music that could come with him would be awesome!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Add me to the supporters as well!
Porky practically disappearing from the game while every other Brawl boss is a Spirit, and Mother’s 30-year anniversary is next year... it might be his time!

Count me in as a Porky supporter, everything about the character, from his potential moveset, stage (I’m hoping for Devil’s Machine!), and the amazing music that could come with him would be awesome!
Welcome to the Pig Mask Army my new comrades. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone join the Pig Mask Army and usher in a new age for the glorious leader

To victory!

To Smash!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd like to join the Pig Mask Army as well. I always wanted Porky in Smash as he'd be a perfect addition to the roster of villains.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, someone beat classic mode with Ness and...
Porky didn't return as final boss, 100% confirmed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hold are breaths guys

Reminder that porky could just be a patch update

I can exspect to alter boss fights in classic to the better fitting boss.

D

Deleted member

So, if we recap all of the Mother spirits found, we have Ninten, Ana, Loid, Teddy, Eve, Master Belch, Dungeon Man, Kumarora, Hinawa, Duster, and the absolutely safe capsule. No Porky, he was a huge part of Mother representation in Brawl being a boss, and he hasn't been seen as a spirit, boss, or assist. I think he is pretty likely

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
YYYYYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I can’t find the specific poll it’s in Japanese. BUT HEY I MEAN WITH WHATS BEING FOUND OUT RECENTLY OUR CHUBBYBOI GOT IN

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I remember saying the idea of Porky getting in the ASC while tornadoes, meteors and chaos starts to happen, a basic "copy" of Ness' and Lucas', maybe it was mine?
I think it might have been, I don’t remember where I saw it first.
But I also like the idea of his final smash involving the king statue. It could rise up in the background and place Porky on its head and it would work similarly to Giga Bowser but instead of one big punch, maybe it could swing its hand across the stage horizontally in both directions and have a final attack where Porky jumps off the statue and then it slams its head into the stage causing a big explosion

EDIT: to celebrate Porky having a genuine chance, I want to share some little sketches someone drew for me at a convention recently (artist name: Chibi Shibby)

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Looks like you guys already heard the good (uplifting?) news so that's great.

I thought maybe you guys would enjoy looking at the list of datamined spirits to further clarify which Mother things aside from/pertaining to Porky are present.

Keep in mind that Ness and Lucas have all their friends in their final smashes as well as Jeff returning on his own.

Certain villains and characters who I will not name here have one or even two spirits apiece. No mention of "Minch" or "Aloysius" or "Monotoli" or "Pigmask" either, just in case they were not linked with the others. They even have real obscure ones like Salsa and even a famously unseen character whom I will not spoil either.

https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Porky's been my most wanted first party for a while, and with the deaths of Isaac, Skull Kid, Black Knight, Marx etc he's my only hope.

Not gonna be too confident in him though, otherwise I'll repeat the Isaac/Skull Kid hurt. Everyone else should do the same.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet. You can add me to the Pig Mask Army supporter list. I love Porky he's a fantastic villain.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like the fact porky isn't in ultimate but the "absolutely safe capsule" is a joke reference to Porky being defeated already in Brawl

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I kind of feel like the fact porky isn't in ultimate but the "absolutely safe capsule" is a joke reference to Porky being defeated already in Brawl
But he was in his mecha spider in Smash 4 in both his trophy and his smash tour item.
Heck, even if the absolutely safe capsule was supposed to be Porky, it will be called "Porky (Absolutely Safe Capsule)" like other spirits.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
While I'm on the side of spirits not deconfirming, I do say the absence of a important character like Porky is rather odd, just like how Sylux is completely absent. Then while they could be added after the day 1 patch I highly doubt that's going to be the case.

You can say I support even though I'm not a huge mother fan, Porky just did seem like the easiest SSE boss to make into a character before Ridley got added to me.

Though I will say it seems like being a boss isn't exactly a death sentence seeming as there is data for a /playable/ Master Hand.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
While I'm on the side of spirits not deconfirming, I do say the absence of a important character like Porky is rather odd, just like how Sylux is completely absent. Then while they could be added after the day 1 patch I highly doubt that's going to be the case.

You can say I support even though I'm not a huge mother fan, Porky just did seem like the easiest SSE boss to make into a character before Ridley got added to me.

Though I will say it seems like being a boss isn't exactly a death sentence seeming as there is data for a /playable/ Master Hand.
Or you can have Porky not appearing at all like in the 3DS version. I don't know if Porky would get a new stage tbh, New Pork City seems to be his actual homestage.
If Porky gets nothing it might be like Isaac in SSB4 when he was removed as an Assist Trophy and no appearance at all, people thought he might be playable in that game.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Or you can have Porky not appearing at all like in the 3DS version. I don't know if Porky would get a new stage tbh, New Pork City seems to be his actual homestage.
If Porky gets nothing it might be like Isaac in SSB4 when he was removed as an Assist Trophy and no appearance at all, people thought he might be playable in that game.
True, that's also an entire possibility as well.

Even then who knows if they have more free fighters planned? After all Piranha Plant is free and doesn't come with any new stages or music, just... itself. While unlikely it's not good to rule out that being a possibility entirely

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Porky being added would actually make sense if Nintendo was planning to do something for Mother's 30th anniversary, like a rerelease. I'm not comfortable getting my hopes up yet, but I see Porky not having anything at all in the base game as a big plus for his case.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh yeah, you can add me to the supporter's list too, I'm not sure why I haven't declared myself a supporter in here earlier as he's been one of my most wanted since the start of this game's speculation cycle.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
I saw some images of something looking like a Project M mod for Porky, what is that?
I do support Porky as a character, but I know it would be quite challenging for Sakurai to animate Porky in the game. It seems like they've been experimenting with animation in Smash when looking at choices like Ridley and especially Piranha Plant.

Porky's been getting attention recently because of a lack of appearance as a Spirit. The ASC doesn't even mention him, but Ninten was shown as one.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hold are breaths guys

Reminder that porky could just be a patch update

I can exspect to alter boss fights in classic to the better fitting boss.
There's a lot of reasons to believe this game got rushed. It makes a lot of sense why some bosses are lower priority to create.

For the record, I don't know if this thread is spoiler-marking a lot of stuff about Classic, etc. Not that it shouldn't be, but it's not a general thread and the opening poster might have different rules setup. I'm erring on the site of caution for now.

Top Bottom