• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
even if Porky could not be playable or DLC in any form, we can keep the interest alive until next Smash or the next time the team wants another round of fan suggestions again.
yeah, by then, the interest in Smash will be settled, but don't let that stop you. Mother series isn't going anywhere and neither is Smash.

maybe by then we'll have plenty of content to share around for people who are interested in the idea of Porky being playable/the next Mother representative.
-a bunch of moveset ideas
-a bunch of Brawl mods for Porky that eventually make its way as an Ultimate mod
-a 3D rendition and "Smash-like" composite of his debut appearance
-him appearing in the final version of Flash 2
-a Crusade resprite that lets his M2 Heavy Mecha become playable along with his M3 design
-some earthbound romhack that puts a focus on Porky
gotta keep the dream alive
and i feel the same for my other long-time villainous choices for Smash (Ganon, Medusa, Dark Matter, Black Shadow, and Vaati)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
As well as keeping Porky hype alive, I think keeping Mother hype alive would help too since the roster will drastically get smaller next game and we need people to want Lucas to return, and if Lucas isn’t back then I don’t think Porky will join.
But the idea of having Porky as the next Ridley/K Rool does sound really awesome, and kind of surreal to think about and in some ways the efforts people are making are actually working!
Porky keeps appearing in more and more polls and scores higher and higher in popularity as time goes on .

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As well as keeping Porky hype alive, I think keeping Mother hype alive would help too since the roster will drastically get smaller next game and we need people to want Lucas to return, and if Lucas isn’t back then I don’t think Porky will join.
But the idea of having Porky as the next Ridley/K Rool does sound really awesome, and kind of surreal to think about and in some ways the efforts people are making are actually working!
Porky keeps appearing in more and more polls and scores higher and higher in popularity as time goes on .
It is surreal isn't it. After seeing Ridley and K. Rool get in the next logical Nintendo villain rep that came to my mind was a Mother villain and who better to be that rep than Porky Minch. I'm glad more people are starting to support King P and I hope a lot people still support villains getting in after Porky because I would also like to see Pig Ganon, Skull Kid, Medusa, Hades, and Wart in Smash some day along with the other villains already in.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Heading back to London Comicon tomorrow to spread the word of our great king
03C0E92F-19B5-4019-A9B2-B95D1572523E.jpeg

Mother fans are quite hard to find over here

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Here's footage of the "leak":

After a thorough investigation, (slowing down the video and such). I came to the conclusion that it's fake. Notice how Ness never moves which is pretty obvious. No frame at all did he move. Another thing is that the model looks to resemble the Ness clay figure. So do Jeff and Paula at the end. It transitions to them quickly and unnaturally. The movements of the Porky bed has a strange jerk at it's claws. The excuse for it looking real and the effects are cool is that this isn't the first time a leak has looked good like the spring man and the decidueye leak from the smash 5 speculation days. Lastly, look at the trailer compared to the Ridley one and Krool one. The graphics are way more different. Usually you can see tons of details which although the video isn't too high quality, you would still be able to see at least something on the close up of Ness.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Its most likely fake, but i want to look on the bright side and say its early footage or something. I want to play as the chubster in ultimate so im gonna hope he still makes it!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The fact that giygas doesn’t move at all is the biggest dealbreaker of all, also why would it be MOTHER 3 Porky and not Earthbound Porky next to giygas in the first place.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
For the record guys, I don't for a second believe the vid. I just like the thought of a Porky trailer involving Giygas and hadn't seen it linked on the thread :4ness:.

The blurryness and the fact it is a fully animated trailer for a DLC character make this obviously fake.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
For the record guys, I don't for a second believe the vid. I just like the thought of a Porky trailer involving Giygas and hadn't seen it linked on the thread :4ness:.

The blurryness and the fact it is a fully animated trailer for a DLC character make this obviously fake.
While I agree that this is pretty much fake, a fully animated trailer segment isn't necessarily a factor. We've had this for Joker twice: the first time at his TGA 2018 reveal, and the second one in his gameplay trailer (albeit for a few seconds).

UserKev

Smash Champion
Porky is honestly one of the last hype worthy 1st party characters left. I want to see how he plays in game and his Final Smash, wonderful opportunities. His Final Smash could be the most iconic in the game.

RandomAdam

Smash Cadet
What if they put Porky in as the ASC and the only thing he can do is roll around, and he can't die either.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Posted over on the main discussion, reposting here.
Porky scale relative to some confirmed characters and some of my wishes.
1559069565396.png

Zeox

Smash Champion
You guys know he doesn't have to have a mech, right?
Well we have been talking about Porky for 1829 messages, so in some moment we talk about Porky without the mech, and we share those images of the Porky moveset without the mech, using pork bombs and the helicopter, etc...
I think the conclusion was "It's totally possible and it would be alright, but is not as cool"

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
To be honest though the drawing is great and all... it honestly makes no sense as Porky would NEVER fight on foot. He only reason he became brave enough to fight Ness and co. Was because of the technology Giygas bestowed upon him.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
To be honest though the drawing is great and all... it honestly makes no sense as Porky would NEVER fight on foot. He only reason he became brave enough to fight Ness and co. Was because of the technology Giygas bestowed upon him.
Yeah, then after that he used Andonauts and the Saturns to build his spider mech/ASC. However, I feel like if Porky was dedicated to learning that stuff, he could easily do it because anyone with the ability to accumulate a massive army like that and manage to do what he did in Mother 3 has got to be REALLY smart.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Well we have been talking about Porky for 1829 messages, so in some moment we talk about Porky without the mech, and we share those images of the Porky moveset without the mech, using pork bombs and the helicopter, etc...
I think the conclusion was "It's totally possible and it would be alright, but is not as cool"
I seen the concept and I wouldn't mind Porky outside the mech, as senseless it may seem. He'd still be fun.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Porky without mech would work, but it wouldnt be PORKY. The real Porky wouldnt fight without some sort of protection

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Nintendo and Sakurai are a least aware of all of these polls official or otherwise I’m getting nervous since E3 is so close by...

Hold on a second how about instead Porky how about a Mecha Porky yay or nay?

Last edited:
Top Bottom